Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Bouse wrote:
    hippiemom's daughter here, I joined to let people know how she is doing since she misses you so much and you guys have this gigantic thread specifically for her.

She is not a whole lot of pain lately, thank goodness. I know she had posted about her dissatisfaction with her doctors and how she was in a lot of pain, but that does not seem to be a problem anymore. On the other hand, she is not as with it as she was before -- as you may have noticed, she hasn't been able to post in a while.

But I just wanted to let everyone know that she is in good hands, we are taking good care of her and she misses her board! She loves all of you a ton and we're all so glad that she has had good friends to support her through all of this. Thanks, everyone.

Bouse

Much love to you, and your wonderful hippiemom, Laura. :)
  • Options
    Bouse wrote:
    hippiemom's daughter here, I joined to let people know how she is doing since she misses you so much and you guys have this gigantic thread specifically for her.

She is not a whole lot of pain lately, thank goodness. I know she had posted about her dissatisfaction with her doctors and how she was in a lot of pain, but that does not seem to be a problem anymore. On the other hand, she is not as with it as she was before -- as you may have noticed, she hasn't been able to post in a while.

But I just wanted to let everyone know that she is in good hands, we are taking good care of her and she misses her board! She loves all of you a ton and we're all so glad that she has had good friends to support her through all of this. Thanks, everyone.

Bouse
    Thank you so much. It's great that she's so many wonderful people like you around to make things easier for her. Please send my love :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Bouse wrote:

Bouse

thank you for the update...if you are anything like your mom, i know she's in good hands....take care and all the love and positive vibes coming your way...:)
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Bouse wrote:

Bouse

Thank you so much for the update and please tell your mom how much we love her and miss her here. She is always in our thoughts and prayers.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    hi Bouse. :)
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Keeping a path of love lit from California....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Bouse! Hi! Bob here. I'm the one who took a spur of the moment trip and showed up on the doorstep a couple of months ago and met you all!

Thanks for the update and give your mom my love. After meeting you all, I can see how lucky she is to have you all, and how lucky you all are to have mom. When I left, I was thinking, "what a great family"
    Say hi to your sis and your dad for me, too. (and sneak Duncan a treat from me, too!) although I don't think Duncan needs to sneak treats. He runs the show around there! :D

I wish love, strength and peace for you all

Love
    Bob
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

your mom is ALWAYS in my thoughts....give her my LOVE!
    hope we get to see/read her here again soon....always missed!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Thank you for the update. We miss your mom and send her my love!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    laura...
    all of my warmest thoughts.
    get better soon!
    kev
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    She sounded a little tired and weak. She explained to me that she had gone through a 4 or 5 day period where her mind was sort of out of it, and now she seems to be regaining her mental powers. Physically, she said, she hasn't really lost any strength meaning she can still get up out of bed when she needs to.

Other than the weakness in her voice, she sounded fine. Just a little tired.

I didn't bother to ask if she had a message to send to y'all. She was going to try and call a few more people that she hasn't been able to talk to over the past days.

It was soooo good to hear from her! Edit: her=you. Come back and post as soon as you can Laura. :)

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    That is so great to hear. Thanks and a big hi and hug to Laura. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    thanks for the update gue and thanks for the sticky kat.....:)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Thanks for the updates, Bouse & Gue. I continue to send positive thoughts and wishes for health and happiness.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    Bouse wrote:

Bouse

Much love to you and your mom, Laura! She is very beloved here. She is in my thoughts all the time.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    This is my first time visiting and posting in this huge supportive thread for such a visible member of this community. Laura and I have known each other since late 2001. We have met several times back in the day, even attended several Pearl Jam concerts in Cleveland, Detroit and Pittsburgh. We saw the White Stripes and AudioSlave together too, with her youngest daughter.

For one reason or another, communications ceased between us in 2004, but in the back of my mind, being a jamily member, I never forgot about her. Well, a few weeks back, she sent me a pm explaining a few things, and without hesitation, I replied back and all I can say now is that I'm grateful that she reached out to me, especially when I am going through a small medical situation myself.

I wish her all the best and I take comfort in knowing that she has so many good friends who look after her and keep the message pit informed of her medical situation.

Sending you loving Buddhist thoughts and prayers Laura! :)

Simone
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Bouse wrote:

Bouse

Hi there!
    Thanks so much for the update :)
    Send much love to your mother and the best vibes from Argentina
    Cate
  • Options
    Hi Bouse:
    Your mom, has been very kind to me, even though I have only chatted with her 1 x 1 a couple of times...I am sending your family wonderful thoughts of strength and diligence...

I share with you my peace:

The delight of mountains, rivers, grasses, trees, beasts, fish and insects is an expression of the art of PEACE....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this thread is BEAUTIFUL... when i read through it i get very emotional for many reasons... but most of all the love and beautiful people giving their support and kind words to a wonderful person and her family

you are an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL person! :D

stay strong, we love ya! :)
  • Options
    Laura, you are loved. Jessica and Michelle (I'm not sure which user is which on here, I think Bouse is Jessica??), but thanks again for the updates. Your mom is great.

I've known Laura for years, probably since around 2001 or 2002 on the Haven message board. Laura did my first B&P for me for the Philly 2003 VCD! Yes, I said VCD, not DVD! lol and I screwed it up! I put paid postage on the envelope back to me instead of stamps, and the post office didn't accept it, so Laura paid out of her own money to get the package back to me! :D Grant it, it was only a few cents, but I still remember that to this day. :)

We first met in person at the 2004 Toledo show, and when we first met, we she was in line getting a coke from the consecient stand before Pearl Jam came on stage. Then we went outside of a smoke, and she gave me a shot of Grey Goose that she put in an empty (and of course, cleaned out) saline solution bottle! :D This was in the first 5 minutes of meeting her. Then after the show, I went to her and Michelle's hotel room, and we stayed up to the wee hours of the morning talking and listening to great tunes. I'll never forget that.

Second time we met was at the CCFA Benefit in Toronto 2005, but that was just for a brief time. But it's the only picture that I have of her and I. (don't have a digital copy at this time)

Third time, right before we went into the show at Pittsburgh 2006. Her and Michelle had third row for that show, and I couldn't be more jealous! :D Don't tell anyone, but I was the one that taped that show, and they are in the video, and everytime I see Mike doing the Star-Spangled Banner, you can see Laura and Michelle in the video watching from front row, and the smile on Laura's face is just priceless, it makes me smile from ear to ear everytime I watch it. :D

Hang in there, Laura. We love you!

Josh
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    NOTHINGFAN wrote:
    Laura, you are loved. Jessica and Michelle (I'm not sure which user is which on here, I think Bouse is Jessica??), but thanks again for the updates. Your mom is great.

I've known Laura for years, probably since around 2001 or 2002 on the Haven message board. Laura did my first B&P for me for the Philly 2003 VCD! Yes, I said VCD, not DVD! lol and I screwed it up! I put paid postage on the envelope back to me instead of stamps, and the post office didn't accept it, so Laura paid out of her own money to get the package back to me! :D Grant it, it was only a few cents, but I still remember that to this day. :)

We first met in person at the 2004 Toledo show, and when we first met, we she was in line getting a coke from the consecient stand before Pearl Jam came on stage. Then we went outside of a smoke, and she gave me a shot of Grey Goose that she put in an empty (and of course, cleaned out) saline solution bottle! :D This was in the first 5 minutes of meeting her. Then after the show, I went to her and Michelle's hotel room, and we stayed up to the wee hours of the morning talking and listening to great tunes. I'll never forget that.

Second time we met was at the CCFA Benefit in Toronto 2005, but that was just for a brief time. But it's the only picture that I have of her and I. (don't have a digital copy at this time)

Third time, right before we went into the show at Pittsburgh 2006. Her and Michelle had third row for that show, and I couldn't be more jealous! :D Don't tell anyone, but I was the one that taped that show, and they are in the video, and everytime I see Mike doing the Star-Spangled Banner, you can see Laura and Michelle in the video watching from front row, and the smile on Laura's face is just priceless, it makes me smile from ear to ear everytime I watch it. :D

Hang in there, Laura. We love you!

Josh

Bouse = Jessica. I wonder if I have that video...
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Bouse = Jessica. I wonder if I have that video...

oh, ok.

i said earlier that they were watching from the front row, I meant third row. woops
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi Bouse - thank you for coming on this board and giving us some news about your mum. Thanks to you too gue.

Big hugs and lots of good vibes to hippiemom. Take care of yourself and get well {{{{xxxx}}}}
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    I Love You

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    laura...

we've spent a good amount of time talking...
    i was at the toledo '04 show and missed you. i'm not sure why we ended up missing each other, but we at least had the thought.

you've always given me strength and thought....
    know now that i don't think of anything but your full recovery.

with my heart...
    kevin
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Actually Mom, this song turned up on this $2 dvd I bought a couple of weeks ago and everytime I see it I think of you for some reason?? :confused:

Maybe it's coz it's a cool song? :)

Or maybe it's coz of the lyrics? :)

Or maybe coz that singer is smokin' hot and for some reason I reckon you'll agree with me? :D

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2B2clFsLA3w

Anyway, you're always in my heart and thoughts Laura love. Wishing you enough. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    I hope the Harry Potter ending was satisfying for you Laura, even if I may have been wrong about Harry's status as a horcrux (honestly though, "whoops my soul fell off in you my bad" wasn't the most compelling explanation). Happy thoughts go to you. Unless they're going to you while you're thinking that explanation was compelling, in which case consider them revoked IMMEDIATELY

well maybe if you're listening to early Tori Amos (or obviously Pearl Jam) at the time i could CONSIDER resending BUT BEGRUDGINGLY

It's Chris/Stardog Champion from the Haven by the by, in case you just thought i was a delusional and ludicrous Harry Potter fan come to spread propaganda.

Sending the best, and hoping you're getting to be as lazy and waited on as we both so love :)
    The headshrinkers
    They want everything
    My Uncle Bill
    My belisha beacon
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    my best wishes to you Laura.
  • Options
    gue_barium wrote:
    I Love You
    These words bring so much healing...

I love how this community gives such strong and proactive support...

here is prayer a friend sent to me that I shared in my homeland...:

The first sentence is pretty powerful!!!

Spirit/Creator/God (in your terms) determines who walks into our lives....
    It's up to us to decide who we let walk away,
    who we let stay, and who we refuse to let go.
    I need this back. If you'll do this for me, I'll do it for you....

Father/Mother, God bless all my friends in whatever it is that
    You know they may be needing this day! And may their
    life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they
    seek to have a closer relationship with you.

Amen.

THANKS FOR BEING IN MY LIFE!

May the wind sing to you
    and the sun rise in your heart
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    Bouse wrote:

Bouse

Thank you.

I fell in love with her words, years ago.

And I know there is a person behind those words, who is 100 times of words!

You are greatly loved ! Still sending positive energy and vibes your way....every day!