Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Hippiemom you will be missed, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    my prayers to you....comfort will follow.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    whitepants wrote:
    I am so sorry to hear about my friend's passing. She is no longer in pain and is at peace now.

I'm so grateful to God that she and I patched things up recently, I never stopped thinking about her and obviously she felt the same way.

Love you Laura, but I know now you will certainly have the best seat in the house at the next Pearl Jam concert that is in Cleveland.

:(

Simone

Was seriously pissed at my family...mom..bros and sister...but yesterday it was all put in perspective...and I made a call to let them know I'll be seeing them this Christmas.....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    callen wrote:
    Was seriously pissed at my family...mom..bros and sister...but yesterday it was all put in perspective...and I made a call to let them know I'll be seeing them this Christmas.....
    such a postive presence... even now, she is still helping people!
  • Options
    Laura, I'll miss you, my friend! I just know you're smiling that beautiful smile of yours as you ride that BIG roller coaster in the sky!
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    With sincere condolences from me and my family to you and your family. May the strength of your mom's spirit guide you and your family through this difficult time. Our prayers go out to you and yours.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    hippiemom is missing
    im sad
  • Options
    A spirit like hers will be missed but NEVER forgotten.

Although our hearts are broken now - the memories she's left us will eventually bring a smile back to us all.

Condolence to her family.
    VoV
    I better make something of it - cause the in-between is MINE!!!
    Toronto: June 28/2003, September 19/2005, May 9 & May 10/2006, August 21/2009, September 11th & 12/2011
    Buffalo: May 10/2010
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    IamMine wrote:
    Yes yes yes!!

Yes, I remember that picture!!! It is somewhere in this thread, I think!!!??

Here's the picture of her along with friends at the pre-party in Detroit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/Detroit%205-22-2006/CCFA-Detroit-5-22-06a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/Detroit%205-22-2006/CCFA-Detroit-5-22-06b.jpg
    What a beautiful group of loving fans. Laura was a beautiful, kind, young, inspirational person. We would have never had the pleasure of meeting you if it wasn't for this band, and the few "hippies" spreading the jam and love. It was a pleasure having you on the Given To Fly bus in Toledo, where we met. May you be singing beautiful music with the angels, because you too are one of them. Much love, and prayers for your family. God Bless.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    My heart shrunk when I heard the news :(

I deepest felt condolences to Laura's family.

Laura will never be forgotten, I'm sure that the same way she touched so many of us here she did out in the rest of the world throughout her life... :)

Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Such a sad, sad day on the Message Pit. We lost one of the good ones for sure.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    I don't know what to say or how to feel...

goodbye Laura.. I have been missing you
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Such a sad, sad day on the Message Pit. We lost one of the good ones for sure.

Yes we did.

I was saddened to hear of Hippiemom's passing. My thoughts are with her family.

Goodbye Hippiemom....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Laura and I at the CCFA Benefit before the Toronto 2005 show. It's better quality than this, but I have to get it scanned. I don't have a scanner, but I have one at work. So I took a picture of a picture, but it needed to be posted.

Laura, I love you and I miss you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/NOTHINGFAN/IMG_1085.jpg
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    NOTHINGFAN wrote:
    Laura and I at the CCFA Benefit before the Toronto 2005 show. It's better quality than this, but I have to get it scanned. I don't have a scanner, but I have one at work. So I took a picture of a picture, but it needed to be posted.

Laura, I love you and I miss you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/NOTHINGFAN/IMG_1085.jpg

What a great picture of the two of you.. :)

Just remembered.. in March of this year, Laura shaved her head to support St. Baldrick's Foundation in helping to research/find a cure for children's cancer... also to support fellow fan Shana and her daughter Mackenzie...

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ParticipantKey=2007|1759
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    Rest
    In
    Peace
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Abuskedti wrote:
    I don't know what to say or how to feel...

goodbye Laura.. I have been missing you
    So true. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    Rest In Peace.

I don't post like I used to but I always enjoyed talking with her on the board and she will be missed.
  • Options
    She'll be missed...

funny how many old names popped up in this thread (well names i hadnt seen).

Always count on a hippie to unite people.

Skitchy
    Awwhotdog
    Cajun Fish
    Edzeppe
  • Options
    i miss her so fucking much! :(
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    She'll be missed

Always count on a hippie to unite people.

:D
    always.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    yes...this has been a sad event indeed...and i for one am really saddened at myself for not putting more love out like she has given to all here...

i think there is change in the winds...

remember; she is home...and dancing freely, looking at the ones she loves..a true living angel....she has touched.....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    i miss her so fucking much! :(

Do something that would make her smile
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    I miss her so much. My best friend for 5 great years. Her memory is everywhere I look. She was such a huge part of my life that there are so many things in this darn room that remind me of her. The countless things she sent me, things we had in common, things that were her idea/suggestion, etc. I am grateful for all of it, and I'm grateful to have had such a wonderful person and friend as a part of my life. Twas truely the most rewarding friendship I've ever had. And I just to dear god that I held up my end of this friendship. One day soon, all of these things, thoughts, memories will make me smile. And I will cherrish them forever. But right now, all I do is look around this darn room and I can't stop crying...
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    i am so so sorry...

i wish i would've known her.

what a wonderful person she was...
    and she left such positive energy behind.
    let's use that energy to do something good.
    big or small... do something positive in her memory.

hugs to all who lost such a special friend.

i'm almost envious you all got to know her..
    i truly lost out.

thanks for sharing the photos...she was beautiful.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I miss her so much. My best friend for 5 great years. Her memory is everywhere I look. She was such a huge part of my life that there are so many things in this darn room that remind me of her. The countless things she sent me, things we had in common, things that were her idea/suggestion, etc. I am grateful for all of it, and I'm grateful to have had such a wonderful person and friend as a part of my life. Twas truely the most rewarding friendship I've ever had. And I just to dear god that I held up my end of this friendship. One day soon, all of these things, thoughts, memories will make me smile. And I will cherrish them forever. But right now, all I do is look around this darn room and I can't stop crying...

{{TheLostSoul}}
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    I just heard. Laura was an inspiration, both in how she dealt with her sickness and also in her day to day way she carried herself. She'll be missed, and im pretty sure she's already affecting whoever she's with now exactly the same she affected all of us. Be sound Laura.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    (((IamMine)))
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'll be dedicating my little gig tonight to her. She'd have liked that, I think. :)
  • Options
    I'll be dedicating my little gig tonight to her. She'd have liked that, I think. :)
    :o awww fins
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you