Options

this one's for hippiemom

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    When I first started posting here(AMT), some of the ideas and thoughts posted really ticked me off.... and being the person that I am, quick to fire off my opinion w/o considering others...I found myself on the sidelines looking in several times (banned)....but I would troll the posts, and there always seemed to be this "voice of reason" present, reminding me that "everyone's" opinion counts...this person was HippieMom.

I've been busy lately and have visited much, and have really just tried to avoid AMT altogether ( my blood pressure just couldn't take but so much, lol)...but when I checked in today, I realized that this "voice of reason" was sadly absent....

Even though I didn't know her personally as some of you did, I will surely miss her....having seen the bad side of human beings for too long after working public safety for nearly 25 years, it's too easy to become jaded and automatically overlook the good in others, but I don't think HippieMom ever did.....this world surely needs alot more HippieMoms.....It's sad when someone like this is taken so soon, but there is oviously a greater need for her thoughts and ideas elsewhere....

My sympathy to her family and friends, but I'm sure she will still be guiding some of us from elsewhere.:(

Another turning point;
    a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
    directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
    and don't ask why.

It's not a question
    but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
    but in the end it's right.
    I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
    and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
    In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
    and dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
    it was worth all the while.

HAPPY TRAILS HIPPIEMOM......

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Miss you
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Happy Birthday! I'm sure you're having a good one and just want to say you're missed here. ;) This day happens to be the birthday of three of my favorite people that I know. It's a good one! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    i wish i had met you, laura.
  • Options
    <3<3<3
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    ccRyderzzccRyderzz Posts: 163
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    yes folks its time again to try and see what we can see. With our vision from the future and the past.. We have a movement on the Peace train moving faster than light..SLC-2 Delta 2 force.. Launch Complexities of the train? Complex 17 Pad17B.. Launch pad 39 A complexities 41.. Civil rights march scheduled High Noon heartland of Eugene Oregon Downtown mall. 8-28-08
    Times a wasting guys.. we are here all of us.. waiting for maddona and her damn white horse and her white flag... O.k. corral set in motion for Time Warp.
    chaos will end and Peace will begin.. We are Taking it too the streets KZEL 96.1 STIX HANGMAN IS COMING DOWN FROM THE MOUNTAIN>> WAXMAN CONGRESS TELLTALE HEART.. TEARS and laughter GABRIAN
    UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.. HEARTLAND calling come home..
    call in Diamond Back call in Black Adder call in BOCH.. BACH.. ZOO.
    CYD.. play that song again will ya.. Hey Joe where you going with that Gun in your hand? All the stars will be there.. Center Stage Downtown HIGH noon theres gona be a showdown... Oh by the way NASA says hello Sweetie!!!
    Bring your musical instruments we plan on dancing in the streets. Like no other block party you have seen!!!OBAMA's house is only a few blocks away..
    And hopefully the Blue Angels are listening.. This is the time. ANd the walls come tumbling down.. Play Misty for me...Did you know? Clint Eastwood worked in the Mills in Springfield Oregon? Did you know.. I worked in Alaska as
    a dancer? Tiny dancer.. Well I guess thats all folks.. see you at the re-union
    Its a Party to BRING OUR BOYS HOME/ CIVIL RIGHTS MARCHING ORDERS from somewhere over the rainbow? Damn does anyone recall Janis Joplin? HOPE..
    singing until they listen.....:) :0 :) * days and counting..8/28/08 {888}
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm sitting here reading the various conversations about the election and palin and her daughter etc and i'm waiting for laura to chime in and make sense of all this like she always did....:( :o
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i'm sitting here reading the various conversations about the election and palin and her daughter etc and i'm waiting for laura to chime in and make sense of all this like she always did....:( :o

Yep, that'd be nice.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    <3<3<3
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    I was thinking about our loving connection with Hippiemom, this a.m.

Wishing everyone love and strength...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    cutback wrote:
    yea I know....I have that thought many times when I'm on....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    a bump for my best friend. tomorrow will be one year.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    a bump for my best friend. tomorrow will be one year.
    I can't believe it's been that long.

I never spoke with her, but she was the voice of reason.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I think of her a lot: her wit, her perspicacity, her plain speaking and her humanity were all inspirational facets of a personality that way transcended typeface, username and all the paraphernalia of the Internet.

I imagined her on election night, following the results and thinking ahead all the time.

Love to Laura.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Thinking of you and your family Laura, and thank you to the person who put this thread back on the front page. She is missed around here..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    *cheers to Laura*

i've been thinking about this day for weeks, and now the sad anniversary is upon us. it really is not the same without you here.

you are missed and you are loved...hearts and thoughts...

XOXO
    dream
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    There's still the void that nobody will ever be able to step up and fill that was left by you. You're in the mind of the beautiful here, and the appreciation of what we had with you will never end.