Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Hi laura:
    Although I don't interact here nearly as much as I possibly should, I have been growing in a sense of spirituality. I have somehow gotten myself involved with a group called, IIWP..it is a peace processing group based out of Santa Barbara California..I thought when I began this particular journey, I would be working on peace issues outwardly and it turned out to be that peace lies within...This group offers free internet classes that work with concepts of love and how issues or personal relations can move us into adverse conditions.

any way, you can do a google search IIWP, and I hope that you may find some peace. I find that keeping my mind as busy as can be, helps me to keep my focus on healthful ideas...I know this is not much, but I hope that you keep seeing yourself healed and visualize yourself and your positive light moving around your day and with all your friends, family and animal friends too..do not let negativity enter in to your aura.

I know you probably already know these things I have said, but the link to inner peace lies at IIWP.com

love to you, laura...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    absolutely, positively, fantastic news!

we are all with you, stay strong and stay smiling :):):)
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    This such good news Laura! :)

I'm so happy for you! :)

You know I saw Mick Jagger on the tele this week and I have to say I thought immediately of you and just cracked up in fits of giggles!! :D
    It was a bit embarrassing actually coz I wasn't alone!!! :D

Anyway, <BIG AUSSIE HUGS> to you. You're always in my thoughts. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
    glad you got some positive news, as always.

stay strong :)
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    saweet mu-fuckin ass! it IS great news...ca-125s don't go down for no reason. take what you get n run with it. i'm getting tired of waiting for you over on the chronic but stable cancer sidelines...hurry the hell up n get over here... i'm bored. :)
  • Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    Great news, Laura! Much love to you...........
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Hi Laura,

Hang in there, Girlfriend! I'm so glad to hear positive news.....I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts! Here's a big virtual HUG for you....( )...

P.S. - I send out positive vibes (prayers, if u want to call them)every night for you & another friend of mine who had a brain tumor. He's also on chemo/rad.)
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Absolutely, hang in there! I didn't even know about this, and eventhough I don't know you at all, I've enjoyed your posts in other threads - my thoughts are with you. Cancer sucks, but it can be beaten...all the friends and family I've had that have gone through surgery and chemo, they're all still alive after 10, 8, 5, etc. years...

There is hope..good vibes are being sent from the West Coast of Canada :) !
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Good news - thinking of you - hope it keeps getting better.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    hippiemom wrote:
    I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I hate to be a Debbie Downer and all the news I've gotten for months has been bad. The first chemo I had after the cancer came back did nothing at all ... it spread more, what I had already got bigger, I felt worse all the time ... blah.

But today I finally got some small glimmer of hope. I switched to another chemo about two months ago, and yesterday I had an MRI on the hip area which is where the largest tumor is, and also the one that causes the most pain and prevents me from standing or walking for more than a few minutes at a time. It was the fastest growing one, and it hasn't grown at all in two months. Also, my CA-125 numbers (that's a test for cancer markers in your blood), which have been going steadily up since January, actually went DOWN for the first time.

So it's not huge news, but it's good ... looks like possibly this new chemo is at least slowing down the spread and buying me some time :)

This is great news. I'm very happy for you :) have fun at the concert tonight.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    hippiemom wrote:
    I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I hate to be a Debbie Downer and all the news I've gotten for months has been bad. The first chemo I had after the cancer came back did nothing at all ... it spread more, what I had already got bigger, I felt worse all the time ... blah.

But today I finally got some small glimmer of hope. I switched to another chemo about two months ago, and yesterday I had an MRI on the hip area which is where the largest tumor is, and also the one that causes the most pain and prevents me from standing or walking for more than a few minutes at a time. It was the fastest growing one, and it hasn't grown at all in two months. Also, my CA-125 numbers (that's a test for cancer markers in your blood), which have been going steadily up since January, actually went DOWN for the first time.

So it's not huge news, but it's good ... looks like possibly this new chemo is at least slowing down the spread and buying me some time :)

:)
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I hope the net time you get these results it shows that the fucker is on the retreat.
    And I'll be paying you a visit next year. So get the beers in!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Be well hippiemom.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    I miss our chats and hope to catch up with you next weekend. May your news continue to be good. Love ya,

Bu
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    ArmsinaVArmsinaV Posts: 108
    I don't know you personally, but I've been on this board for a while off and on.

I am glad to hear of your improvement, however slight it may seem. Cancer is such a beast and any victory is important to note and celebrate.

Here's to your recovery.

Nothing but the best.

Zach
    2000: Lubbock; 2003: OKC, Dallas, San Antonio; 2006: Los Angeles II, San Diego; 2008: Atlanta (EV Solo); 2012: Dallas (EV Solo); 2013: Dallas; 2014: Tulsa; 2018: Wrigley I
  • Options
    BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Very good news, hippiemom! :)

Take care.
    I'm sending good vibes all the way from the ocean to you.

(By the way, Debbie Downer, schmebbie downer.
    You know everyone here is behind you, whatever the nature is of the news you announce.)
  • Options
    Keep getting well Laura.

best of everything
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    Excellent news hippiemom!!

I hope your next test brings even better news and uplifting results :).

Best wishes nad love from freezing Buenos Aires!

Caterina
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    hippiemom wrote:

This truly is great news. i have to say your attitude towards your situation is truly beautiful and inspiring.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I just got the results of my latest CA-125, and it's right back up where it was before, so it looks that that little dip last month was just a fluke. Plus, my leg has gotten a LOT worse, which can only mean that the tumors are growing, at least in that area :(

I'm off to Germany on Sept. 1, so here's hoping these guys can help me, because if they can't, I'm pretty well fucked.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    hippiemom wrote:
    I just got the results of my latest CA-125, and it's right back up where it was before, so it looks that that little dip last month was just a fluke. Plus, my leg has gotten a LOT worse, which can only mean that the tumors are growing, at least in that area :(

I'm off to Germany on Sept. 1, so here's hoping these guys can help me, because if they can't, I'm pretty well fucked.

I'll be praying for you and them Germans
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Good Luck hippiemom!

I'll be knocking on wood with my fingers crossed.

Germany is the place to be for this kind of thing.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    Best wishes for your trip, hippiemom! I send you all the bestest vibes in the world. I'm thinking of you, and will continue to until you get back with good news. :)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i'm sorry hm.......germany will fix it all.....i'm sending out out all the good thoughts i can......
  • Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    I hate to hear this! Best of luck in your travels to Germany. Sending you oceans of love & prayers.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    don't worry...Hanz and Franz will be there to pump you up!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    cutback wrote:
    i'm sorry hm.......germany will be the solution.....i'm sending out out all the good thoughts i can......

Please don't mention "Germany" and "Solution"...I am Jewish!

Seriously, Hippie Mom, I wish you the best...always keep a PMA (positive mental attitude)!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Please don't mention "Germany" and "Solution"...I am Jewish!

Seriously, Hippie Mom, I wish you the best...always keep a PMA (positive mental attitude)!!

wow i didn't even think about that...:eek: i gotta edit that....:o
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    cutback wrote:
    wow i didn't even think about that...:eek: i gotta edit that....:o

Nah, its all good...just my dark sense of humor....please don't edit it!
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Nah, its all good...just my dark sense of humor....please don't edit it!
    Haha ... I hope I don't get any "special treatment" :eek:
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963