Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    hippiemom wrote:
    I really don't want to post this, but an awful lot of people here have been incredibly good to me this past year and I don't want to leave those who are interested hanging, so here goes ....

Got my CT scan results yesterday, and good news was nowhere to be found. It's back, and it's spreading all over the damn place. More chemo starting on the 27th. I'm just going to leave it at that for now.

:( I wish there was something that I could say or do that would wipe this blight from your life Laura. Just know that I'm thinking of you, every day, and wishing and hoping that things improve for you. I'm sure you're are completely devistated by the news and understandably so. Thank you for letting us know. It must have been really hard to hear and really difficult to tell. We are all so very worried about you and if love can be a cure then you are going to be fighting fit in no time, because you have bucket loads of it coming your way. For you I just hope only good days from here, peace, calm and happiness in small things. Big love and hugs your way.

xxoo
    Jeanie
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    ...always when I see this this post I want to send all my best wishes to hippimom.
    And I also want to thank those, who bring the post up again and again,
    ... that is very nice and makes us aware.

Dear Hippimom,
    wishing you all the best, and stay so strong and optimistic, then it will get o.k.
    and lots of love is sent your way now!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    I really don't want to post this, but an awful lot of people here have been incredibly good to me this past year and I don't want to leave those who are interested hanging, so here goes ....

Got my CT scan results yesterday, and good news was nowhere to be found. It's back, and it's spreading all over the damn place. More chemo starting on the 27th. I'm just going to leave it at that for now.
    well Laura, you've done it :o rendered dunk and I speechless :(

I just don't know what to say. You've been so strong and positive and an inspiration to every one of us, just don't give up on that. I'm really sorry :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    hippiemom wrote:

Oh fuck! It must have been extremely difficult to type this. I'm so sorry :( . We are all thinking and praying for you. You are a very strong person so keep fighting it.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    hippiemom wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    ah shit. i am so so sorry. stay strong.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Damn! Definitely not the news anyone wanted to hear. :( You are strong though, and they are treating it, so get mad, stay mad and fight that sucker! Let us know if we can do anything to help. We all love ya.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Dammit.

Definitely not good news.

Hold on, hippiemom.
    You know we're behind you.

You're stronger than the cancer.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    yes this does suck totally ,now everything else seems so irelevent .

i will pray every night for your well being and your family
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Fuck!

Laura, I am truly sorry for what you are going through. This has not been a good week for cancer coming back. My friends wife just had a hysterectomy because of a recurrence of cancer and I just got back from City of Hope and my mom's cancer is back. Thankfully it's in the same place (liver) and starting tomorrow she will start the same chemo that she was on previously.

Laura you are a strong person. You will fight this and win. And you have your family, your friends and this collection of crazy Pearl Jam fans in your corner fighting with you.

Livestrong!

Tim
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    cutback wrote:
    Fuck!

Laura, I am truly sorry for what you are going through. This has not been a good week for cancer coming back. My friends wife just had a hysterectomy because of a recurrence of cancer and I just got back from City of Hope and my mom's cancer is back. Thankfully it's in the same place (liver) and starting tomorrow she will start the same chemo that she was on previously.

Laura you are a strong person. You will fight this and win. And you have your family, your friends and this collection of crazy Pearl Jam fans in your corner fighting with you.

Livestrong!

Tim
    I'm sorry to see that I am not the only one having the worst week ever :(

My mom also got bad news about her diabetes complications. It would take forever to explain, so I won't, but suffice to say it's not good. I cringe now every time the phone rings, because either I have to give bad news to someone, or they're calling to give some to me. I'm sooooo tempted to get a bunch of credit cards that I have no intention of paying off an just go spend a month at a beach someplace where nobody knows me and I don't have to talk about this shit all the damn time. I don't think I could actually DO that, but I do think about it a lot.

I'm so, so sorry about your mom :( The liver is one of the places I've got it now too. I don't have anything real big yet, but it's showing up in a lot of places, which isn't good. I hope they've found hers early enough that she can have another nice, long remission.

And your friend's wife too! A hysterectomy for cancer (which is done differently than hysterectomies for other reasons) is one of the more hellish experiences you can have, I hope they've got her good and drugged up, and more importantly, that they were able to get it all.

*sigh* What a shit week. I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well for your mom and your friend.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    Hippie...don't know what to say. I'll be thinking of you.

Stay strong.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    I'm sorry to see that I am not the only one having the worst week ever :(

I'm sooooo tempted to get a bunch of credit cards that I have no intention of paying off an just go spend a month at a beach someplace where nobody knows me and I don't have to talk about this shit all the damn time. I don't think I could actually DO that, but I do think about it a lot.

I'm so, so sorry about your mom :( The liver is one of the places I've got it now too. I don't have anything real big yet, but it's showing up in a lot of places, which isn't good. I hope they've found hers early enough that she can have another nice, long remission.

*sigh* What a shit week. I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well for your mom and your friend.

:( I’m so sorry to hear this, Hippiemom.

I remember getting the results when I went from Stage 3 to Stage 4 melanoma. It was in my liver, too, as well as kidney and stomach.

Ok, this credit card thing! I was thinking of the same thing when I got those results! When they said I had very little chance of living past 3 to 6 months,,, I figured,,,, YEAH,,,,,,, get a bunch of Visa cards, head for the beach in Costa Rica and max those babies out!

Of course, if I had done that, then I would have been stuck with a lot of bills because , haha, I’m still here 5 years later! :D

I think one of the great things for me WAS taking a trip, though, because I know you’re getting tons of phone calls and questions, and that was a pain for me. I guess I know a lot of people, because it was relentless. It was great to get away and be myself and not have to explain my bad news over and over. That brought me down more than actually HAVING cancer,,, TALKING about cancer. Then all the people that called with herbs, magnets, whatever type cure that I should do, gave me books to read. They were all doing it to try to help, but it was tough to deal with for me.
    I finally had my brother and sister field calls for me, so I didn’t have to explain what I had 25 times per day.

I am so so thinking of you and pulling for you, Laura. Look for the best treatment you can, and keep your immune system up as best you can, and kick this thing!

I'll walk a survivors' lap with you!

Haha, we could do that in Costa Rica! :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I think one of the great things for me WAS taking a trip, though, because I know you’re getting tons of phone calls and questions, and that was a pain for me. I guess I know a lot of people, because it was relentless. It was great to get away and be myself and not have to explain my bad news over and over. That brought me down more than actually HAVING cancer,,, TALKING about cancer. Then all the people that called with herbs, magnets, whatever type cure that I should do, gave me books to read. They were all doing it to try to help, but it was tough to deal with for me.
    I finally had my brother and sister field calls for me, so I didn’t have to explain what I had 25 times per day.

When my mom was originally diagnosed we were overwhelmed with the calls and so forth. But being the 21st Century practically everyone has email so weekly my dad would send out an email with that weeks news. It worked out great and everyone was informed. Now he has to start them again. :(

And I'm glad you're still here 5 years later. Fight the good fight!
  • Options

Ok, this credit card thing! I was thinking of the same thing when I got those results! When they said I had very little chance of living past 3 to 6 months,,, I figured,,,, YEAH,,,,,,, get a bunch of Visa cards, head for the beach in Costa Rica and max those babies out!

Of course, if I had done that, then I would have been stuck with a lot of bills because , haha, I’m still here 5 years later! :D

I am so so thinking of you and pulling for you, Laura. Look for the best treatment you can, and keep your immune system up as best you can, and kick this thing!

you are ALWAYS an inspiration bob, and i hope you will be for laura now....b/c absolutely, you BOTH need to be here in 5 years, and beyond!

cutback, i am truly sorry to hear the news regarding your mom. :( sad to say, i don't think i know anyone who is untouched by cancer. i personally know many who lost the battle...but thankfully i know more who have survived...and thrived. i wish that for ALL.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    My mom also got bad news about her diabetes complications. It would take forever to explain, so I won't, but suffice to say it's not good. I cringe now every time the phone rings, because either I have to give bad news to someone, or they're calling to give some to me. I'm sooooo tempted to get a bunch of credit cards that I have no intention of paying off an just go spend a month at a beach someplace where nobody knows me and I don't have to talk about this shit all the damn time. I don't think I could actually DO that, but I do think about it a lot.
    come on over here Laura, we've beautiful beaches, the best nurses in the world, medical care that you won't have to sell your house for and me... to field your calls :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Hi Laura,

Just wanted to send you more love and hugs today. And to let you know I've been thinking of you. :) Wishing and hoping. xo
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Hippiemom, Mackenzie and I have been thinking so much about you. I wasn't joking when I said we'd love to come up and visit you. It would do us a world of good to get away. Cancer does suck and although I'm not going through it just watching my little girl is enough to bring me to my knees. Thank you for supporting us through all of this and I'm glad that we will get a chance to do the same.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :( I’m so sorry to hear this, Hippiemom.

I remember getting the results when I went from Stage 3 to Stage 4 melanoma. It was in my liver, too, as well as kidney and stomach.

I'm with dreamn on this - so glad you are kicking some fire with hope in here! :)

I didn't know what to say when Laura updated us on the latest results.

How could I?

Keep coming back here, Bob! :D

Not just for Laura, but for others here who are also grieving for their family members or friends.

I better get myself checked really soon...I've been putting off an important appointment I was supposed to go for at least two months...

Just that school is keeping me really busy and those stupid bills I have to keep up with, it's like ugh. I feel fine, so I'm not worried, you know?

Anyway, good or bad, Laura - come back and Bob will do the cheerleading!

That's something we all can laugh together! :D;)

Warm hugs your way....
    Mel
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    (((Laura)))

All the good vibes and prayers I can send are coming your way!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I hate to be a Debbie Downer and all the news I've gotten for months has been bad. The first chemo I had after the cancer came back did nothing at all ... it spread more, what I had already got bigger, I felt worse all the time ... blah.

But today I finally got some small glimmer of hope. I switched to another chemo about two months ago, and yesterday I had an MRI on the hip area which is where the largest tumor is, and also the one that causes the most pain and prevents me from standing or walking for more than a few minutes at a time. It was the fastest growing one, and it hasn't grown at all in two months. Also, my CA-125 numbers (that's a test for cancer markers in your blood), which have been going steadily up since January, actually went DOWN for the first time.

So it's not huge news, but it's good ... looks like possibly this new chemo is at least slowing down the spread and buying me some time :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    That's the best news I've heard in ages. Yay!!!

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i can't tell you how good that is to hear....:D:D:D
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    hippiemom wrote:
    I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I hate to be a Debbie Downer and all the news I've gotten for months has been bad. The first chemo I had after the cancer came back did nothing at all ... it spread more, what I had already got bigger, I felt worse all the time ... blah.

But today I finally got some small glimmer of hope. I switched to another chemo about two months ago, and yesterday I had an MRI on the hip area which is where the largest tumor is, and also the one that causes the most pain and prevents me from standing or walking for more than a few minutes at a time. It was the fastest growing one, and it hasn't grown at all in two months. Also, my CA-125 numbers (that's a test for cancer markers in your blood), which have been going steadily up since January, actually went DOWN for the first time.

So it's not huge news, but it's good ... looks like possibly this new chemo is at least slowing down the spread and buying me some time :)

Love ya. :)
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,852
    hippiemom wrote:

big wet sloppy smooch for you!!!!!!

from the IGNORANT FUCKING REPUBLICAN.........hehehehehehe

hi hippie.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hippiemom wrote:

YAY!!!
    any little fuckin' thing that works, yay! yay! yay!
    a *glimmer* still shines on...and shine on you crazy diamond.....:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    hippiemom wrote:

that's the best news/thing to happen all friday!

love ya
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I know it's hard - but it's great to hear from you! Finally something positive. :) Always thinking of you and sending hugs and thoughts your way. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Great to hear Laura! It is very nice to get a positive update. But if it is theraputic to be a "Debbie Downer" once in awhile in this thread, I hope you don't hesitate. Plenty of people are pulling for you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Here's to continued improvement!!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    {{{{{{Laura}}}}}}

Let's keep that good news pouring in!

<3
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde