melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you know its a miracle when this guy and I are in the same corner. stay strong HM
    Hey im in the corner too man....Now what have you to say?
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    Hey im in the corner too man....Now what have you to say?
    we havent crossed horns about anything? I actually agree with some of what you say
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Your corner is a crowded one. I'm also in, and i'm bringing God with me. :)
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Well he's welcome too! Is he a Pearl Jam fan though?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    cornnifer wrote:

so now...I'm in the same corner with GOD....OMG!..... (:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    cornnifer wrote:

Make sure he washes his feet.
  • Options
    ninerniner Posts: 72
    lots of positive thoughts and love to you Hippiemom!!!!!

feel all the love going your way!

shine baby, shine!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Well he's welcome too! Is he a Pearl Jam fan though?

he is the all knowing one....so of course he's a PJ fan...duh!
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    As children, we laugh hundreds of times each day, delighted by the newness of living. When we reach adulthood, however, we tend to not allow ourselves to let go in a good belly laugh. Inviting laughter back into our lives is simply a matter of making the conscious decision to laugh. Though most of us are incited to laugh only when exposed to humor or the unexpected, each of us is capable of laughing at will. A laugh that comes from the belly carries with it the same positive effects whether prompted by a funny joke or consciously willed into existence. When our laughter comes from the core of our being, it permeates every cell in our physical selves, beginning in the center and radiating outward, until we are not merely belly laughing but rather body laughing.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I am so pissed at cancer! I had cervical cancer and now so does my daughter. On that thread that talks about the HPV vaccine someone said if women get regular pap smears it can be discovered quickly and treated....Do they have any idea what that treament consists of???? And even after treatment the risk of developing cancer cells in the adjoining tissues is still a danger!!!
    I lost a cousin to cancer this week. His funeral was today!!! He was only 35, married with kids!!! We thought the cancer was resolved. It was tetesticular cancer....but guess what killed him????? It was the medication!!!!

I still have to have regular screening even though they removed everything. I am stuck on fake hormones the rest of my life. They do not work like my own hormones. I suffer greatly from this and it has been ten years. I recently had a pap smear and bad cells showed up. WTF!! They took everything, so that means the adjoining cells are fucked up.
    I am pissed at whoever said that regular screenings will show it and then one can just get treatment. Bullshit!!!

People need to think or at least gain konwledge before they speak. Treatment is not the end all of treating cancer. It isn't that easy.
    Laura....I know you are down about this and any words I have just don't express how I feel. I am pisssed.
    I do know you will get the treatment and get thru it. I am just very sorry you have to go thru this once again. I would hope people understand that treatment is not that simple and have some compassion.
    Oh, and I am mad for you. I buried a relative today. I am pissed.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    I came across this tonight. There's a lot of quackery out there on the Web, but this seems like something maybe worth looking into.

http://www.immunemedicine.com/dendritic-cell-therapy.asp

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    great health site:

magnesiums affects cancer.

http://www.mgwater.com/rod02.shtml

are they depleting water sources????see home page, even if you are not in health mire.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Been away for a several days, and I saw this thread up on the first page - and my heart sorta sunk. I am really sorry to hear this.. BUT fight on and keep up your head. Prayers for you tonight.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    I've been away for WAY too long, and I find this thread. Add another one to your corner, Laura, and this one's for you. Fight the good fight; we are ALL behind you! PM if you need to. Much love to you, sister.

The Battle of Evermore
    The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go
    The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom
    and walked the night alone
    Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light
    The Dark Lord rides in force tonight
    and time will tell us all....
    Oh, throw down your plow and hoe, rest not to lock your home
    Side by side, we await the might of the darkest of them all
    Oh-ooh-whoa, ooh-whoa-oh-oh

I hear the horses' thunder down in the valley below
    I'm waitin' for the angels of Avalon
    Waitin' for the eastern glow

The apples of the valley hold the seeds of happiness
    The ground is rich from tender care
    Repay, do not forget, no, no
    Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the morning light
    The apples turn to brown and black, the tyrant's face is red
    Ho, now/Oh, war is the common cry, pick up your swords and fly
    The sky is filled with good and bad mortals never know
    Now, oh...........

Oh, well, the night is long, the beads of time pass slow
    Tired eyes on the sunrise, waitin' for the eastern glow

The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath
    The drums will shake the castle wall
    The Ringwraiths ride in black, ride on
    Oh, sing as you raise your bow/Ride on
    Shoot straighter than before
    No comfort has the fire at night that lights the face so cold
    Dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light
    The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back

Bring it back

At last, the sun is shining, the clouds of blue roll by
    With flames from the dragon of darkness
    The sunlight blinds his eyes, ah........

Bring it back, bring it back, a-bring it back, bring it back
    Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back, bring it back
    Oh, now, oh, now, oh, now, oh, oh, now, oh, now, oh, now
    Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back, a-bring it back
    Whoa, now, oh, now, oh, now, oh, whoa, now, oh, now, oh, now
    Bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it
    Bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it
    Bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Having lost three of my grandparents and my dad to cancer within a 10 year period, I know cancer can be a rough ordeal. Stay strong. Someone sent me this while my dad was sick and it is something that has stuck with me for the last few years:

Cancer is so limited...
    It cannot cripple love,
    It cannot shatter hope,
    It cannot corrode faith,
    It cannot eat away peace,
    It cannot destroy confidence,
    It cannot kill friendship,
    It cannot shut out memories,
    It cannot silence courage,
    It cannot invade the soul,
    It cannot reduce eternal life,
    It cannot quench the spirit,
    It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.

Disease does not have to touch your spirit.
    Your body may be afflicted and you may struggle greatly, but if you keep trusting God's love, your spirit will remain strong!

Whether or not one believes in God, I think anyone could take from this that the soul is stronger than any disease.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I really don't want to post this, but an awful lot of people here have been incredibly good to me this past year and I don't want to leave those who are interested hanging, so here goes ....

Got my CT scan results yesterday, and good news was nowhere to be found. It's back, and it's spreading all over the damn place. More chemo starting on the 27th. I'm just going to leave it at that for now.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    hippiemom wrote:
    I really don't want to post this, but an awful lot of people here have been incredibly good to me this past year and I don't want to leave those who are interested hanging, so here goes ....

Got my CT scan results yesterday, and good news was nowhere to be found. It's back, and it's spreading all over the damn place. More chemo starting on the 27th. I'm just going to leave it at that for now.

my thoughts and prayers are with you hippiemom. alot of people here truly care about how you are doing. stay strong. you can beat this.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

stay strong.......

you are in my prayers..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

It's not fucking fair! I love you, Laura. You are always in my thoughts.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
    my thoughts and prayers are with you.

so very sorry.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    hippiemom--Laura--I send you all kinds of Love, Healing and Support. I'm praying for you, and am keeping you in my heart and my thoughts. I expect you are doing your very best to address and rise to the challenges before you. I pray that you find the strength and courage you need in order to do so, one step at a time. Peace and Love.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    hippiemom wrote:

fucking a, this sucks. my prayers are always with u hippiemom and lots of love to u
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    You WILL get through this.
    ((((Hippiemom))))
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    Hey, Hippiemom...you have a LOT of people thinking about and supporting you! You're the best :D
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

what else can be said?

FUCK CANCER!

that's it.
    all else, you already know m'dear. much love, and i will ALWAYS keep you foremost in my thoughts.

*hugs*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hippiemom wrote:

this site and radio show talks about cures

good luck

http://www.thepowerhour.com/curcurmin.htm

and other pages there too probably on cures
    if its quackery i dont know

for radio at top right

http://www.thepowerhour.com/
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hippiemom wrote:

i have nothing to say.... :(

please get well
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Let's hope the chemo gets rid of the fucking shit thing once and for all.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    big hugs hippiemom.... stay strong and get well.....