Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    chrisg72chrisg72 South Jersey Posts: 112
    So sorry to hear about this.....I will be praying for u!!!!
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • Options
    tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    hippiemom wrote:
    Bad day for the home team :(

I had my lymph nodes biopsied today, and they came back positive for cancer. So it's in there somewhere, we just have to find it. I go for a CAT scan next week, and we'll take it from there.
    awww man that just sucks and i really really hate to hear it. i sincerely n with all my heart hate this shit.

i'll be thinking of you n sending good vibes.
  • Options
    so sorry to hear about the bad news. I'm happy that you seem to have a good support system around you and you are a strong person. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Puts everything said in this forum into perspective.
  • Options
    It's been said many times already. My thoughts and prayers are with you also.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    hippiemom,

I don't even know you, but that doesn't matter. Your heart and soul comes through in your posts. Always straight ahead and direct.

While I'm speaking for myself, I suspect others may be feeling the same.......

Your fight, is my fight!

Fight Laura, FIGHT!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Oh, man. I am very sorry to hear this, Laura. Best wishes and positive thoughts.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    laura,

sending strength to you! you are in my thoughts.

xoxo
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    I thought i had a bad day until i read this. it really puts things into perspective for me. Laura I am sorry to hear this news. We are all thinking about you and pulling for you. You are very strong and i know that you can overcome this again.

I don't really know what to say right now, but if there is anything i can do just ask. if you need to talk and do not want to do it on the bbs, pm me. keep us posted on your ct scan results. my thoughts are with you.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sending good vibes your way.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    Hi hippiemom

I'm very sorry, this is bad news indeed, but you'll get through this one too!!!!

You'll be in my prayers

Much love and strength
    Caterina
  • Options
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

I had my lymph nodes biopsied today, and they came back positive for cancer. So it's in there somewhere, we just have to find it. I go for a CAT scan next week, and we'll take it from there.
    Oh Laura I'm so sorry :( I'll be praying for you but you've beat it once before... and what's a little thing like cancer to get the better of YOU? I'll be thinking about you a LOT. I hate to hear this :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hippiemom wrote:

Stay strong, keep fighting. We'll all hope for you. If anyone can do it you can... good luck. Have them pipe in some PJ for the CAT scan. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I'm sorry. Hang tough. Stay strong. (All the usual words, but maybe they are used so often because they seem so appropriate.) In any case, you see that there are many people thinking of you and praying for you, which I hope helps keep your spirits up.

Keep us updated.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Aw, Laura. :S

You've been down this road before and I imagine it really sucks to do it again!

Keep up the fight (duh, I know) - but you know where to look for some EXTRA moral support!!

Sending you STRONG vibes!!

Yeah, I'm with Pacomc79 on piping in some PJ for the CAT scan!!! :)

xoxo
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    As I got on this board and really started spewing my rhetoric I was struck by your personality. I knew almost immediately that you were a good person with good heart adn if we met we'd be good freinds.....I didn't realize you were ill......I hope the best for you and your family....stay strong.....

with love

callen
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    you're in my prayers, hippiemom.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Any news? We're thinking about you! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    wolfbear wrote:
    Any news? We're thinking about you! :)
    There won't be any news for a while yet. I'm going for a CT scan next Friday, then I'll see the scrawny little bitch (my doctor, that is) the following Tuesday, so hopefully I'll know more by then.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    taratara Posts: 293
    hey hippiemom, i'm thinking of you, good luck, in the meantime, we'll try to keep the board interesting, to keep you distracted
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    hippiemom wrote:
    There won't be any news for a while yet. I'm going for a CT scan next Friday, then I'll see the scrawny little bitch (my doctor, that is) the following Tuesday, so hopefully I'll know more by then.
    :D on the doctor. Keep us posted. Love ya. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    h-mom, it sucks to hear this. i'm wishing all the best for ya! we are all here for you.
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    WTF!! S.O a B.!! Pardon my language, but that is my first thoughts. I guess I thought it was all over.
    You know my thoughts are with you. Love to you. We all love you very much around here and I hope you feel it and that it helps in some way.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Hippiemom,
    I'm not here often, but I've read your words. I'm so sorry to read about what your going through...I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send positive vibes your way.

Stay strong, by the looks of it you are very loved!!
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((hippiemom))))))))))))))))))))))))))

love,
    brokenarrow>
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    wow, laura...i'm sorry to hear this. i know your spirits too strong to let this be anything but a bump in the road for you!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Hi hippiemom!

Keep up the fight.

We're with you.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of you Laura. You will beat this I'm sure of it. ((((hugs)))
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    I don't know if you have seen this before; maybe info will help...anyway...my healing thoughts are with you....

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/Who_Can_Help.pdf
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    We've known each other for for a few years now and this past year with the cancer has been something. I'll always be here for you, Laura. You've always been here for me, too.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    Oh that sucks.......: (