Options

this one's for hippiemom

Comments

• Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    hippiemom wrote:
    HEATHER!!!! Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you around here in ages, I missed you! I lost your number or I'd have called. Hope everything is going ok for you :)
    I've been here, but sparsely.
    I will PM with my phone number. I would love to speak with you.
    Also, I want to mail you something.
    ***goes off to PM*****
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Hi hippiemom!

Congratulations on the good news! :)

And excellent timing on the weather and your hair growing out. :D

I've seen people after chemo and they had angel's hair. :)

Take care.
    :)
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    For anyone who is interested ... my chemo is done, I've gone for a CT scan and a PET scan, and there is no sign of cancer so far :D

Next update in December.

Again ... it can't be said enough ... thank you so much to all of you who've shown so much support for me this past year. You'll never know how much it's meant to me <3<3<3

that's awesome! Great news! :) Cheers to you!
  • Options
    Don't really know you but i don't have to. I am sending you my love. The world needs more love and people like you!!! I hope all is well
    Guess I'll trn on music instead...

ccfa.org

http://organicconsumers.com/
  • Options
    Oh Hippiemom!!! Congratulations!!

Ha ha,,, I almost NEVER make it here anymore, but when I DO,,, I see great things.
    This makes my day!

I know that feeling when the PET scan comes out clean. It's such a momentous occasion. I'm nearly two years clean after 3 years of fighting.
    I feel so great for you!

I had long fine light blond hair that hung down straight before all those chemo drugs and radiation, then when it started coming back it was in red and black splotches, and I could just rub my head and it would come off. It was really weird.
    Then it finally "rebooted" to thicker strands than it was before and it sticks up kind of punk like, and is darker blond than it was before.

Those are some drugs when they can do that to you, eh?

Well, congratulations again, Hippiemom, and I wish many many many more clear scans to you!! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    For anyone who is interested ... my chemo is done, I've gone for a CT scan and a PET scan, and there is no sign of cancer so far :D

Next update in December.

Again ... it can't be said enough ... thank you so much to all of you who've shown so much support for me this past year. You'll never know how much it's meant to me <3<3<3

congratulations!

i clearly have not been checking in here often enough to see this news....but i am so, so, so HAPPY for you! what excellent news! i hope you continue to be in good health, always . . . and always much love!

:)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Can't wait to hear the good news! Miss chatting with you. Best wishes and lots of hugs your way! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

Next update in December.

Hey, that's excellent news... I obviously haven't been checking in here enough :o but I'm so glad to hear that. Congrats :) and I love ya... you barely complained throughout the whole process... you're an inspiration :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    Well great news hippiemom!

I'm very happy for the outcome and hopefully the desease will stay forever in remission!!

Love,
    Caterina
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I've only just seen this thread. Glad to hear you're doing o.k. After reading the first few posts I almost to leave my work desk to compose myself. I thought that this was all a new development. I was glad to discover that you're o.k. I hope it stays that way. :)
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Hippiemom is Bad Ass!
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    You Go Girl!!! What a brave "soldier"!

I'm so glad to hear that things are better now.....I didn't know the facts until now, but was thinking about you yesterday.....(we were on the post talkin' about books & I saw your pic. on another thread, so I just put 2 & 2 together.)

May you continue to heal & feel better. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

All the BEST to YOU! xo
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Congratulations from one survivor to another, there is no better feeling in the world than hearing the doctor tell you you kicked that cancer's ass!

So happy for you and your family, you are one strong lady!
  • Options
    Hippiemom
    hey hey, that is the best news since a while for sure.
    I am really happy and wish that all will stay o.k. and good from now on!

thanks for sharing... we are caring.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    drollydrolly Posts: 41
    I'm not on here that often, but often enough that I'm surprised this is the first I've found this thread.

I have yet to find a nicer person on these boards than hippiemom. She was the only person who went out of her way to try and help me when some (rhymes with bassbowl) hadn't paid me for a 10c Member to member ticket transfer this summer.

I'm so glad to hear the news and hope it's only good news from hear on out. Thanks again hippiemom and congrats!
    I always finish what I sta
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Bad day for the home team :(

I had my lymph nodes biopsied today, and they came back positive for cancer. So it's in there somewhere, we just have to find it. I go for a CAT scan next week, and we'll take it from there.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    hippiemom wrote:

I had my lymph nodes biopsied today, and they came back positive for cancer. So it's in there somewhere, we just have to find it. I go for a CAT scan next week, and we'll take it from there.
    :( Damn! Hang in there - we're rooting for ya.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    I'm very sorry to hear that, hippiemom. :( I will be praying for you and sending you all kinds of warm and positive energy. :)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hippiemom wrote:

Oh mom. I'm speechless. :(:( Positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    hippiemom wrote:

i am so sorry to hear this... i have never met you in person, but this really hits me. but, i am confident you will be ok, because you have such a strong personality, and an even more beautiful soul. my thoughts and support are with you and your family throughout.

stay positive, stay strong, and stay smiling :)

peace and love,
    john
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    hippiemom wrote:

I'm praying for you hippiemom. stay strong
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    hippiemom wrote:

dam hm sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers are with u

love
    metsy
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    This just isn't right. :( I'm so sorry, Laura. You'll be in my thoughts.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    hippiemom wrote:

Oh, hippiemom, I'm so sad to hear this news. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Damn.

Keep us posted. I am so sorry to hear this.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Hang in there hippiemom!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Damn I am so sorry to read that.
    Like others have said, hang in there.
    you are in my thoughts & prayers.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    will be praying for you sorry to hear about this ..........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Stay strong, you have lots of love and light and positive energy coming your way.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    no dis respect, i'm a big fan of hippee mom.

we are all going to die.