How is abortion morally ethical.....

Comments

• Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    jlew24asu wrote:
    seriously? do I have to explain this...

yes

no i dont.
    You don't believe that humans are part of the animal kingdom? Upon what do you base that belief? It certainly isn't science, and earlier you agreed with another poster that religion played no part in your opinions on this topic ... so if it isn't science, and it isn't religion, what is it?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    picks up needle, gingerly drops it on vinyl....then out of the speakers....

You spin me right round baby right round
    Like a record baby, right round round round

:)

you people are so fun!

Don't act like you're not giving a little push to this merry-go-round every now and then! ;)
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Don't act like you're not giving a little push to this merry-go-round every now and then! ;)

oh you know it.

however, i am learning. albeit slowly, but i'm learning. so yea, i give it a push...but then i know to step back now and again. and yea, i have to laugh. it's that or bang my head incessantly on the keyboard. but i have found that leaves a nasty bruise, and my husband is getting tired of buying new keyboards. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    seriously? do I have to explain this...

yes

no i dont.

Yes, I would like an explanation, because I do not agree with you and don't know where you get your view that people are somehow better than the rest of the animal kingdom. I understand that it is ingrained in us as a possible survival mechanism to believe we are better or whatever. But just because we have certain traits that other animals have does not convince me we are superior. We can subjugate them with our tools, but that does not infer superiority across the spectrum in my eyes. Violence and imprisonment and consumption does not make one better. I judge a species by the way they are able to coexist with other species' and with the environment in which they live.
  • Options
    oh you know it.

however, i am learning. albeit slowly, but i'm learning. so yea, i give it a push...but then i know to step back now and again. and yea, i have to laugh. it's that or bang my head incessantly on the keyboard. but i have found that leaves a nasty bruise, and my husband is getting tired of buying new keyboards. :)

Oh yes, I know the keyboard-head-bang-bruise quite well. :D
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Oh yes, I know the keyboard-head-bang-bruise quite well. :D

http://www.vidiac.com/category/Kids/1/050a9ca5-9581-42f5-88b7-521148f5e685.htm
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

LMFAO!!!!!!!

jlew24asu really shouldn't let his webcam vids get out like that. ;)
  • Options
    LMFAO!!!!!!!

I love that video, I'd like to see someone try to explain that. I mean, I've been mad at my PC before, but not like that.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Holy Shit!!! That was flippin' hilarious! I hope that kids got some help...
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Holy Shit!!! That was flippin' hilarious! I hope that kids got some help...

Yea, he's like a mad scientist :)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's pychosinlove! It's gotta be! LOL Didn't you all envision just this sort of thing when he went on his rants? And of course, he's German! That explains his butchering of the English language!

It's all coming together now :D
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, he's like a mad scientist :)

I can't imagine anything making me feel like that! I wonder what he was doing? And when he tries to talk himself out of it, I almost peed my pants! :p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Hehe, sorry for hijacking the thread, the keyboard banging comment reminded me of that video. I just typed in german keyboard freak out in google and it was the first hit.

The kid is actually trying to play a computer game, but I guess it keeps crashing on him. My favorite parts are the hysterical laughter and when he loses the escape key.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    LMFAO!!!!!!!

how bout you not make up stupid shit like that. i dont get upset about anything people say on this ste. unlike some others i wont mention
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    how bout you not make up stupid shit like that. i dont get upset about anything people say on this ste. unlike some others i wont mention

Lighten up Francis, it was JOKE. :D:p

Funny, if you're not upset, why make a stink about it????
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

Hey, hey, hey...put the keyboard down slowly.

It was just funnin' on a friday night.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Lighten up Francis, it was JOKE. :D:p

Funny, if you're not upset, why make a stink about it????

im not upset, i just dont appreciate it. lets have fun but not at my expense
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    You don't believe that humans are part of the animal kingdom? Upon what do you base that belief? It certainly isn't science, and earlier you agreed with another poster that religion played no part in your opinions on this topic ... so if it isn't science, and it isn't religion, what is it?

I value human life much more then a chicken. i dont base that belief on science or religion.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I value human life much more then a chicken. i dont base that belief or science or religion.

Why do you value a human life more than a chickens? As I stated, I believe it is ingrained in us as a mechanism to further our species, and I too find myself behaving as if I value a human more than other species'. BUT, whenever I REALLY think about it, it doesn't make too much sense. We are all really equal. Equally important yet equally insignificant. What makes us more important?

So I ask, why do you value humans more than other animals?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I value human life much more then a chicken. i dont base that belief or science or religion.
    That doesn't answer the question, but ok. You value human life more than a chicken, but since you base that on nothing other than your own personal feelings, it has no validity for anyone other than you. The value that YOU place on human life, and the time that YOU have decided (arbitrarily, as near as I can tell) human life begins, is utterly meaningless to anyone contemplating an abortion. She may have different ideas, as valid to her as yours are to you.

If you are merely setting forth your reasoning for making decisions in your own life, that's fine. But if you're talking about policy, if you're trying to tell other people how to live their lives, you're going to have to do better than that.
  • Options
    Once again, Hippiemom says it better than I. :)
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    if you're trying to tell other people how to live their lives, .

I dont do that
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I dont do that
    So you're pro-choice after all!
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    So you're pro-choice after all!

I havnt said my views on abortion. I guess I should.

I am not no pro life or pro choice. I am in the middle. I cant tell either side they are wrong.

do I value human life? yes.

do I believe a growing fetus should be killed for no other reason other then they can? no

do I believe, as a man, I should be able to tell a women what to do with her body? no
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I havnt said my views on abortion. I guess I should.

I am not no pro life or pro choice. I am in the middle. I cant tell either side they are wrong.

do I value human life? yes.

do I believe a growing fetus should be killed for no other reason other then they can? no

do I believe, as a man, I should be able to tell a women what to do with her body? no
    Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Pro-choice is allowing each woman to make her own choice. You don't have to like it, you just have to agree that it's none of your business. I know plenty of people who would never dream of having an abortion, but they describe themselves as being pro-choice because they have no business making that decision for someone else.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hippiemom wrote:
    Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Pro-choice is allowing each woman to make her own choice. You don't have to like it, you just have to agree that it's none of your business. I know plenty of people who would never dream of having an abortion, but they describe themselves as being pro-choice because they have no business making that decision for someone else.

exactly.
    i think far too many think as a pro-choice stance that it is disrespecting the pro-life point of view. not at all. the complete opposite really. it is respecting ALL CHOICES...as long as a woman is allowed to make the choice for herself.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hippiemom wrote:

I agree with you. but if abortion was illegal. I wouldnt complain.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Why is everything the "womans" choice? What if she wants to keep it and i want it aborted? WHy is her opinion more valuable than mine. Why isnt abortion consentual, a woman can just walk in and have an abortion without notifying the father, how is that right?
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I agree with you. but if abortion was illegal. I wouldnt complain.
    It's kind of disturbing that even though you agree that it's not a choice anyone should make for another person, you'd have no problem with the government doing exactly that.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    Why is everything the "womans" choice? What if she wants to keep it and i want it aborted? WHy is her opinion more valuable than mine. Why isnt abortion consentual, a woman can just walk in and have an abortion without notifying the father, how is that right?
    Because it's her body.