Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    60. IN GOOD TRAINING, we generate light (wisdom) and heat (compassion). Those two elements activate heaven and earth, the sun and moon; they are the subtle manifestations of water and fire. Unify the material and spiritual realms and that will enable you to become truly brave, wise, loving, and empathetic.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    "And I think people need to send a message to the people who did this for the last eight years, to the people who ran our economy into the ground, to the people who took us to this war; they need to be spanked."

~Michael Moore on Larry King
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    “I was knocking guys out in the streets before I knew how to throw a jab and keep your chin down, ... In most neighborhoods, the guy that could fight gets respect. You got in the parties free. I never had to pay the dollar because people were scared of me. But back then I was ignorant.”
    ....prize fighter Bernard Hopkins

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
    "It takes alot of cheese to make a mouse fart"

Paul
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    61. “Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war.”

John McCain
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    "The Barack Obama voters see now is cool, calm, intellectual and knowledgeable, able to talk coherently about the financial crisis in a way Mr. McCain can’t. And when the world seems to be falling apart, you don’t turn to a guy you’d like to have a beer with, you turn to someone who might actually know how to fix the situation."

-Paul Krugman, 10/26/08

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    62. PRACTICE THE ART OF PEACE sincerely and evil thoughts and deeds will naturally disappear. The only desire that should remain is the thirst for more and more training in the WAY
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired, although not in the hour or in the measure, or the very thing which they ask; yet they willobtain something greater and more glorious than thy had dared to ask.
    MARTIN LUTHER
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    63. THOSE WHO are enlightened never stop forging themselves. The realizations of such masters cannot be expressed well in words or by theories, The most perfect actions are found in nature.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    [size=+1]"If September 11, 2001 and the seven years following destroyed the myth of America, then in one fell swoop, November 4, 2008 restored it.

On November 4th, this was suddenly again a nation where anything was possible, where liberty and justice and democracy stood proud. Like 9/11, we were again vulnerable, again the world loved us. But this was a chosen vulnerability, the vulnerability of falling in love, of hazarding connection; we were risking hope over fear, unity over fragmentation.

This time, in the place of a prevailing sense of helplessness, there was an impression of collective might. Barack Obama spoke to our idealism; to our faith in ourselves and each other; it was a message powerful enough to cross the political rift that has expanded vertiginously these past eight years.

He believed in the best of America, in the finest in us, and persuaded by the strength and elegance of his vision, we did too."[/size]

Marisa Handler, AlterNet 11/08/08

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    "will you still love me when I'm..."
    64.DAY after day
    Train your heart out,
    Refining your technique:
    Use the One to strike the Many!
    That is the discipline of a Warrior.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    THERE is the Game of Life and the Game of Love.

Most people are playing the Game of Life,
    trying to make life work.

Life already works.

How we bring loving into it is the big key.

That's playing the Game of Love
    and it's by far the bigger game.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "George Bush has called this the 'ownership society', but what that really means is, 'you're-on-your-own.' Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, even if you don't have any boots."

-Barack Obama
    POTUS Elect

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots........Marcus Garvey

I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there...........Marcus Garvey

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Cause their stupid thats why!! Thats why everyone does EVERYTHING!!! - Homer Simpson.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. - John Quincy Adams, 6th President of The United States
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    "There is that remarkable primary debate with Hillary (Clinton) and (John) Edwards, where a reporter asked the three of them who would Martin Luther King support on this day, and Hillary and Edwards responded by convincing the audience why King would have supported them. And Obama responded by saying King would not have supported anybody, that King would have organized his movement to push the winning candidate to pursue the objectives. Well, that's the real question now in the U.S. today."

-Mahmood Mamdani, professor of government and anthropology at Columbia University

Apparently, Dr. King was a realist. Maybe the third-party cheerleaders would benefit by taking some of his wisdom to heart.

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    "You can run just about any bullshit up the flag pole, and the mainstream media will simply stand there and salute it, and repeat it seemingly within minutes."

~Matt Taibbi

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    Newsweek's "Secrets of the 2008 Campaign" confirms what we already knew: That McCain himself wanted Joe Lieberman to be his running mate, and if not Lieberman, then Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge. Problem was, aides advised that "a pro-choice pick would deeply antagonize the religious right, maybe even provoke a floor fight at the convention." Even if it's not news at this point, can we just take a moment to let that sink in? These people put the country at risk of ending up with a dangerously underqualified vice president, serving under an elderly cancer survivor, because they wouldn't chance choosing a pro-choice running mate who could actually do the damn job. And then they had the gall to sell Palin to us as a feminist role model, cynically crying "sexism" whenever people pointed out that this particular woman had no business being second in line for the presidency -- and even more cynically presuming that her vagina would mesmerize empty-headed women voters anyway. On the bright side, it didn't work. But the fact that these clowns used "country first" as a slogan while prioritizing the votes of extremists over the good of the American people ought to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

-Kate Harding
    Salon.com

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    I would not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum.

~Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
    Educator
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    65. FACE A SINGLE FOE as if you are facing ten thousand enemies; face ten thousand enemies as a single foe.

*forgiveness is key to the kingdom
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    66. THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR
    _/\.Cannot be encompassed
    _/\.By Words or Letters
    _/\,Grasp the essence
    _/\.And move on to realization.

peace.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "There is that remarkable primary debate with Hillary (Clinton) and (John) Edwards, where a reporter asked the three of them who would Martin Luther King support on this day, and Hillary and Edwards responded by convincing the audience why King would have supported them. And Obama responded by saying King would not have supported anybody, that King would have organized his movement to push the winning candidate to pursue the objectives. Well, that's the real question now in the U.S. today."

-Mahmood Mamdani, professor of government and anthropology at Columbia University

Apparently, Dr. King was a realist. Maybe the third-party cheerleaders would benefit by taking some of his wisdom to heart.

Given that "they" killed MLK (unless you disbelieve his entire family, and the 12 jurors who ruled so in their '99 lawsuit) ... and alternately that "they" put Obama in the Oval Office ...

Do you not register some sort of disconnect between reality, and the fantasy world where Obama is a man of the people?

You said King was a "realist", so i'm just asking.
    As a realist, wouldn't it behoove you to acknowledge that real revolutionaries end up with a bullet in the brain, and not in the White House?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options

Do you not register some sort of disconnect between reality, and the fantasy world where Obama is a man of the people?

This time will be different. All those revolutionaries died of natural causes....and besides...it's all conspiracy.

It's tinfoil hat crazy to think otherwise. This time is different. It's not just a phenomenon It's an Obam-enon!

:eek:
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.....

~Mahatma Ghandi
  • Options
    Love is the strangest thing that I know,
    You keep it around by letting it go,
    And you follow close and you follow slow,
    And love will take you where love wants to go.

*********** *Unfinished Love Song
    * ***********from "Songs for the Loving Heart"
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    67. THE PURPOSE of the training is to tighten up the slack, toughen up the body, and polish the spirit.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of right."

-Thomas Paine
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    68. IRON is FULL of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light