Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    This is a site that was introduced to me this a.m..I have not had a chance to view, but it was referred to me by gogratitude.org, so it has to be Rich....enjoy..

http://www.childrenofthesun.tv/

i had to use the double post for some good....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    melodious wrote:
    This is a site that was introduced to me this a.m..I have not had a chance to view, but it was referred to me by gogratitude.org, so it has to be Rich....enjoy..

Thank you for sharing your Light and Peace, melodious. It's a wonderful pleasure, and one that I very much appreciate! :)

And thanks for the link. I am also a gogratitude person. :)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    sachincsachinc Posts: 117
    'Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!'~ Rage Against the Machine

'If you don't question what you are taught you have no right to live' ~ ME

'I'll keep taking punches, until their will grows tired...' Indifference

'Non-violence is win-win; war is lose-lose and a great big win for Hades' ~ ME
  • Options
    "Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?" Jack Handey

So true.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    Thank you for sharing your Light and Peace, melodious. It's a wonderful pleasure, and one that I very much appreciate! :)

And thanks for the link. I am also a gogratitude person. :)
    it is my humble pleasure to join in with all this merriment.

Thanks for the encouragement and friendship, as well...go go go go gratitude.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    ONE DOES NOT need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing and that is the place to train...

good friday to all...xox
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    "The salvation of this human world lies nowhere else than in the human heart, in the human power to reflect, in human meekness and human responsibility."

- Václav Havel
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    "The salvation of this human world lies nowhere else than in the human heart, in the human power to reflect, in human meekness and human responsibility."

- Václav Havel
    within freedom lies responsibility....

i love your quote, Collin...
    thank you...

striving for that meekness...;)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    melodious wrote:
    now you are delving into what i call the blade of grass theory....we are but ONE in an entire field...

Yes. I am one who has pulled the victim card...and then I see and look at events, energies, etc, and realize that the only one who may have a feather ruffled is my self..because I may not know someone or thing sufficiently..usually this becomes a judgement or a premise, which more often than not is like a game of chance.....but when I use patience, tolerance, and and nuturing when allowing the dominoes of circumstance to fall, i usually can ride the waves too...

pulling the Self to center is a great skill to have when our lives may encounter multitudes of stress-factors..

that's what makes c/f a master surfer...

and i am grateful for waves...so call me a beginner.......

always a pleasure, c/f....always...

i have to go prepare to have some bread with my mom..

i am cyclothymic, so when my peace is disturbed i do not know where that disturbance comes from; only that it is from somewhere within. i do not look outside myself, for i know that endeavour to be futile.
    and yes i do choose to ride the waves. but i do not always like where they take me. and i do not always adjust. but i always seek to embrace what i know to be me. and if those around me cant deal witht that, then fuck them. i am not here for them, i am here for me. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    melodious wrote:

how long before someone sees the "one nation" thing in there mission and says its a front for a conspiracy of the skulls or masons to create a world govt.

:)

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers. "
    -Kahlil Gibran
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    ~~~"but i always seek to embrace what i know to be me.~~~
    1. We fundamentally serve SELF, even when serving others...:)
    ~~~"and if those around me cant deal witht that, then fuck them. i am not here for them, i am here for me."~~~

2. and in more rockier times in the land of melodious, in my terms: Fuck em if they can't take a joke...

personal thought: boy am I glad those days filled with lack of concern and consideration are becoming to be yet a speck in the distance and past...

Reflections of Love......thank you c/f and pearl jammin' community....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    cyclothmic:

it's nice to meet ya, my name is melody...i am crazy in my own way, and trying to learn how to trust with_in...as well as heal with_in...

Chinese Fortune Cookie

but my words too...

To have a friend is to BE a friend...

thank you....

striving for that meekness....peace..
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    3. ALL THINGS, material and spiritual, originate from one source and are related as if they were one family. The past, present, and future are all contained in the life force. The universe emerged and developed from one source, and we eveolved though the optimal process of unification and harmonization.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    melodious wrote:
    within freedom lies responsibility....

i love your quote, Collin...
    thank you...

striving for that meekness...;)

Thank Václav Havel :)
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    These are quotations, not quotes. To quote is a verb.
    my english teacher
  • Options
    If you think more like Ralph Nader than you think like Al Gore, you are doing yourself a disservice by not expressing yourself in the one moment the democracy gives you to be recorded. To not express yourself accurately makes you a politician not a voter.
    - Lawrence O'Donnell
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King Jr.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
  • Options
    4.THIS IS HOW the universe came into being. There was no heaven, no earth, no universe--just empy space. In this vast emptiness, a single point suddenly maninfested itself. From that point, steam, smoke,and mist spiraled forth in a luminous sphere and the sacred sound SU was born. As SU expanded circularly up and down, left and right, nature and breath began, clear and uncontaminated. Breath developed life, and sound appeared. SU is the Word mentioned in many world religions...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    whulmef wrote:
    These are quotations, not quotes. To quote is a verb.
    my english teacher
    fortunately, some people use grammar as means to break some rules....Happy Sunny Sunday...the sun has yet to rise....peace...

Good will to all.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    “The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference” ~ Bess Myerson

"each candidate behaved well in the hope of being judged worthy of election. However, this system was disastrous when the city had become corrupt. For then it was not the most virtuous but the most powerful who stood for election, and the weak, even if virtuous, were too frightened to run for office.” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

“Corruption and hypocrisy ought not to be inevitable products of democracy, as they undoubtedly are today” ~ Gandhi

“Money and Corruption are ruining the land, crooked politicians betray the working man, pocketing the profits and treating us like sheep, and we're tired of hearing promises that we know they'll never keep” ~ Ray Davies
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
    - G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    My favorite Bush quote,

It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.
    Reuters (May 5, 2000)
  • Options
    "American soldiers make do with C-rations. Dinner on an America West flight from New York to Las Vegas consists of one small bag of peanuts. Meanwhile, one recent menu for suspected terrorists at Guantanamo consisted of orange-glazed chicken, fresh fruit crepe, steamed peas and mushrooms, and rice pilaf. Sounds like the sort of thing you'd get at Windows on the World — if it still existed".

Ann Coulter
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    “Manipulators rarely advise you to seek new and diverse information or to ‘learn and research for yourself,’ it tends to be safer for exploitative and irresponsible leaders to keep their citizens in the dark; in their view less independent thought is better. Independent thought leads to an inquiring mind, a mindset that eventually leads to the questioning of authority figures, and that is the one thing that inadequate leaders do not want. When a leader discourages questioning of his/her leadership style, actions, and motivations, that is a sign that they have something to hide, that they may not be worthy of the public’s trust. A responsive leader welcomes and encourages questions from the citizens that have entrusted them with their safety, economic stability, and their confidence that a certain level of civility in society will be constant. Responsive leaders would be appalled, disappointed and disgusted if the public did not question such factors. Responsive leaders prefer knowledge and information to be spread as widely as possible among the population, because an informed public is necessary to govern effectively, independent thought produces original ideas and is the key factor by which we progress as a society. When independent thought is stifled society is and will remain stagnant until it is free to flourish once again.”
    ~ Teresa Stover
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    ALL SOUNDS AND VIBRATIONS emanate from the Word. Your voice is a very powerful weapon. When you are in tune with the cosmic breath of HEAVEN and EARTH, your voice produces true sounds. Unify body, mind and speech, and real techniques will emerge...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    "...my words on this issue as a candidate reflect what I've done, rather than what I hope to do."- Ralph Nader, referring to the environment and renewable energy.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    "...my words on this issue as a candidate reflect what I've done, rather than what I hope to do."- Ralph Nader, referring to the environment and renewable energy.

Exactly!

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    6.THE ART OF PEACE emanated from the Divine Form and the Divine Heart of existence; it reflects the true, good, beautiful, and absolute nature of creation and the essence of its ultimate grand design. The purpose of the ART OF PEACE is to fashion sincere HUman beings: a sincere HUman being
    is one who is unified body and spirit, one who is free of hesitation or doubt, and one who understands the Power of words..
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    7.THE ART OF PEACE emanated from the Divine Form and the Divine Heart of Existence; it reflects the true good, beautiful, and absolute nature of creation and the essence of it's ultimate grand design. The purpose of the ART OF PEACE is to fashion sincere HUman beings; a sincere HUman being is one who has unified body and spirit, one who is free of hesitation or doubt, and one who understands the power of words.

* i used to know someone like this....such a blessing...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    “Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used” ~ Carl Sagan

-Oscar Wilde