Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• "Wow. I disagreed at first, but after reading your emotionally charged point of view on the PJ forum; I now agree with you." - no one ever
  • "Wow. I disagreed at first, but after reading your emotionally charged point of view on the PJ forum; I now agree with you." - no one ever

excellent

Perfect.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    "I thought about the terrible uselessness of suffering. Love leaves behind its creation- the next generation coming into the world, the continuation of humanity. But suffering? Such a great part of human experience, the most difficult and painful, passes leaving no trace. If one were to collect the energy of suffering emitted by the millions of people here and transform it into the power of creation, one could turn our planet into a flowering garden."

Ryszard Kaupuscinski, Imperium, p. 216
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
    I love you simply, without problems or pride:
    I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.

Pablo Neruda
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Dream big, work hard, and don't be an asshole.
    - Mike Shinoda
    I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Dream big, work hard, and don't be an asshole.
    - Mike Shinoda

You know that Carlin rant on the ten commandments, how he eventually whittles them all down to one?

This quote reminds me of that.

Beautifully succinct (or succinctly beautiful).

Thanks for this.

********************************************************************************************* image
    “The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud — the obstacles of life and its suffering. …

The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. … Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death.

If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ”

Goldie Hawn...

• mikalina said:

“The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud — the obstacles of life and its suffering. …

The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. … Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death.

If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ”

Goldie Hawn...

Love that. I have a tat of a lotus.
  • backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    “Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.” –Noam Chomsky
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

RIP

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

^^^One great lady- thanks for posting it GP.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Yes, I'm on a Harold & Maude kick :)

While surrounded by daisies
    Maude: I should like to change into a sunflower most of all. They're so tall and simple. What flower would you like to be?
    Harold: I don't know. One of these, maybe.
    Maude: Why do you say that?
    Harold: Because they're all alike.
    Maude: Oooh, but they're *not*. Look. See, some are smaller, some are fatter, some grow to the left, some to the right, some even have lost some petals. All *kinds* of observable differences. You see, Harold, I feel that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are *this*,
    [she points to a daisy]
    Maude: yet allow themselves be treated as *that*.
    [she gestures to a field of daisies]
    "...the subway is subversive because it is, after all, an underground movement."

-Vine Deloria, We Talk, You Listen

• backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited March 2015
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited April 2015
    Silence and smile are two powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems and silence is the way to avoid many problems.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    "I was born, I blinked...and it was over"

- Emily Debrayda Phillips

She was a retired teacher who wrote her own obituary shortly before she died of pancreatic cancer, just recently.

Those words, in their simple truth, hit me to the point of bittersweet tears.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2015
    This two have always stuck.

"However brief our time in the sun, if we waste a second of it, or
    complain that it is dull or barren or (like a child) boring, couldn't
    this be seen as a callous insult to those unborn trillions who will
    never even be offered life in the first place?”

Richard Dawkins

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    The dumber you are, the smarter you think you are.
    Deixa estar.

(my second language lesson of the day)

Shine on - well beyond tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2X239RG18
  • This is a fulfilling one that says a lot.
    I get your point! First time was the charm, so to speak.

I'm not pro-abortion - frankly, I have yet to meet anyone who is - but pro-choice all the way. Still and always will stand by and with my sister, for the decision she made.

OK, I thought more than twice about posting additional comments and let it stew a bit.

(thank you, "save draft" button)

Hope the above comes across in its intended spirit - and that you, PJfan, might open your mindset on this a bit and imagine yourself in that fragile position of another.
  • hedonist said:

I get your point! First time was the charm, so to speak.

I'm not pro-abortion - frankly, I have yet to meet anyone who is - but pro-choice all the way. Still and always will stand by and with my sister, for the decision she made.

OK, I thought more than twice about posting additional comments and let it stew a bit.

(thank you, "save draft" button)

Hope the above comes across in its intended spirit - and that you, PJfan, might open your mindset on this a bit and imagine yourself in that fragile position of another.

Don't know why you are responding so. I posted some quotes in a quote thread. Most of which were about how special life is and how we should cherish and realize it.

Your response to this should've been pm. In no way were the quotes meant to be taken any other way. Especially to bring up abortion.
    Weird.
    Felt no need to pm given the public forum; however, I genuinely apologize if I mistakenly inferred something from the quotes you posted.
    Reminds me of an Ed Abbey quote/book title/antidote to despair: "One life at a time, please."

"look around - choose your own ground"

plus its playmate in hand -

"don't be afraid to care"
    In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.
    – Albert Schweitzer