Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited April 2015
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

I really like that quote.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

.......Sheng Wang
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p said:

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

.......Sheng Wang

Awesome!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Everything that is past is either a learning experience to grow on, a beautiful memory to reflect on, or a motivating factor to act upon.
    – Denis Waitley
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Nice one, Anna.
  • AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    "In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love."
    Marc Chagall
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited June 2015
    If you look for the positive things in life, you will find them.
    (By the way thank you Hedo :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    "Tell me more about this victim role you play due to the circumstances that you’ve created for yourself."

~~Bill Murray~~twitter
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    ~~she holds the hand that holds her down...she will...rise above~~
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    "What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong"
    Robin Williams

This is the emotion I've been going through since seeing the band RUSH on there continuing R40 Tour. The very first of now 50 shows where they left me in an emotional mess, RUSH just have NEVER done that to me. I hope there's never a R50 Tour because I want to be left with the fantastic memory of this last show....well until I see them again, which could be soon. Smiling.

Peace

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    "Sooner or later I rub everybody the wrong way." - Jack Burton, Big Trouble In Little China

This movie quote sums me up in real life and internet forum life. It's all in my reflexes, I guess.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/dwightdei136897.html#VHPYk1s10PU3CdUZ.99

sorry don't know if this one has been written yet
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    forget who said this but ifind it funny:

yes I may be drunk but in the morning i will be sober but you will still be ugly
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall.

- Crazy-eyes Thom
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    "Great art is horseshit, buy tacos."

-- Charles Bukowski
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by g under p on

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Charles Darwin

(equally applicable to women)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Never make fun of people with thick lips.
    They are probably thick and tired of hearing about it.
    You can surrender
    Without a prayer
    But never really pray
    Pray without surrender
    You can fight
    Without ever winning
    But never ever win
    Without a fight
    -- Resist......RUSH (1996)

edited August 2015
    Quick to judge -- Quick to anger -- Slow to understand
    Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand
    -- Witch Hunt (Part III of 'Fear') RUSH (1981)

........PETER TOSH

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    After watching Schumer explain why he will not support his Party or his President I thought about this quote from 2008.
    “Israel and its Fifth Column in this city seek to stampede us into war with Iran. Bush should rebuff them, and the American people should tell their congressmen: You vote for 362, we don’t vote for you.” P. Buchanan -- Column, “A Phony Crisis — and a Real One,” July 15, 2008
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    If you have to ask, you'll never know.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???