Options

why do you believe in God or...

Comments

• Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    actually this is completely gay

Actually this is completely gay.

Stop standing up for your friend. He's a man right?
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    cory wrote:

besides being a homo you're a dork too.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    cory wrote:

so you're saying you like men?

;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    cory wrote:

Well, if that's what you need.

A man it is.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options

you better be careful

did you get these insults approved by daddy first??

poo poo head
  • Options

You're horrible at this. Is this the best you've got?

Homo? Dork?

For fuck's sake, please tell me you're older than 12.

BTW, new gayest post ever.

• Options
    cory wrote:
    You're horrible a this. Is this the best you've got?

Homo? Dork?

For fuck's sake, please tell me you're older than 12.

BTW, new gayest post ever.
    yep, a dork. i smelled it since your first post.
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    so you're saying you like men?

;)

I don't mind being confronted by men if they act like men. When somebody has to take a break because they have to "go make poopie" I lose interest in what I'm doing;)

• Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    well, now that i read the parable i would say the dude took the scripture completely out of context... jesus wasn't referring to himself but to the actual austere man in the parable.

cool. The thing that bothers me is the context issue. People take a lot of things out of context in an effort to show some problem they have with the Bible. I can handle it if people just dont' want to believe, but when they try to use something out of context to make their point and show how simple minded Christians are it really bothers me.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    you better be careful

did you get these insults approved by daddy first??

poo poo head
    you're missing the humor in childish insults man.... try this

donkey dick herpes ;)
  • Options

Texas is ashamed of you.

Your blue jeans still have the snap in front don't they little guy. Don't you fucking lie to me....

• Options

you smelled his dork? did it smell like tiger woods?
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515

IT. It's a social construct. Hermaphroditic in nature.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    you're missing the humor in childish insults man.... try this

donkey dick herpes ;)

look cuntbuttons

i know how to make up my own swears... and i'm much better at it than you dickshoe

see

:)

ok... that's enough time in this forum... have fun kids
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    Texas is ashamed of you.

Your blue jeans still have the snap in front don't they little guy. Don't you fucking lie to me....
    my jeans come from a second hand store, little girl... just so you know
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    look cuntbuttons

i know how to make up my own swears... and i'm much better at it than you dickshoe

see

:)

ok... that's enough time in this forum... have fun kids
    dickshoe is stupid but cuntbuttons i like! i'ma use that myself sometime

here's one for you to use.... afghanistan roadkill.... i know, it's horrible but very awesome.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    gue_barium wrote:
    Oops. That wasn't for me.

That makes me a lacker.

Now I kind of see what you're saying.
    :D
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    What has this thread come to?

Anyway, This is my (and John Lennon's) beliefs of God:

God is a concept,
    By which we can measure,
    Our pain,
    I'll say it again,
    God is a concept,
    By which we can measure,
    Our pain,
    I don't believe in magic,
    I don't believe in I-ching,
    I don't believe in bible,
    I don't believe in tarot,
    I don't believe in Hitler,
    I don't believe in Jesus,
    I don't believe in Kennedy,
    I don't believe in Buddha,
    I don't believe in mantra,
    I don't believe in Gita,
    I don't believe in yoga,
    I don't believe in kings,
    I don't believe in Elvis,
    I don't believe in Zimmerman,
    I don't believe in Beatles,
    I just believe in me,
    Yoko and me,
    And that's reality.
    The dream is over,
    What can I say?
    The dream is over,
    Yesterday,
    I was dreamweaver,
    But now I'm reborn,
    I was the walrus,
    But now I'm John,
    And so dear friends,
    You just have to carry on,
    The dream is over.
  • Options
    freedomboyfreedomboy Posts: 129
    chopitdown wrote:
    actually it's referring to His (God's) judgement; nowhere does it say that Christians are to do that and to try to twist it to that is to make it mean something it doesn't

A) You are wrong.

B) What difference does it make???

Luke 19:27
    "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
    Freedom is a state of mind...
  • Options
    brokendave wrote:
    A) You are wrong.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

A) OK, show me using educated reasons why I'm wrong (literary styles, historical context etc...) No offense but you saying I'm wrong about this doesn't really mean anything.

B) The difference is God vs man judging and God is not telling man to go kill people. It's a parable.
  • Options
    brokendave wrote:
    A) You are wrong.

You can tell when someone needs to lie that their ideas are base and false. You need to lie about the parable you are quoting because you have false intentions in regard to its message. If you had read it in context and without a biased agenda, it would be clear what the meaning was.

The character in the parable that says that is a king and he is referring to end times - final judgment. Atheists read the Bible completely literally and ignore traditional interpretation - that's like reading the constitution without reading the federalist papers.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    A. ...I don't think God is telling anybody to start a war...
    B. ...Your post has nothing to do with God...
    C. ...I think maybe my gigantic biceps and oversized penis gets in the way of my brilliance at times.

A. The bible is riddled with instances where God prepared men for war. There are places in the new testament where God promotes a grand war against unbelievers. Not only that, but Jerry Falwell has said that "We will continue to destroy the terrorists in the name of the Lord." George Bush said that he believes God wanted him to run for president and that the war was preordained by God.

B. This has everything to do with God because there is no clear line where God's law begins, and someone's hidden agenda ends... Anyone can make a case for anything using the Bible the way it is used today. Because they can, they do. (see A)

C. Are you sure it isn't that toxic odor secreting from your armpits that gets in the way? Don't ask who revealed the information cause I'll never tell! Muahhhahhahaha!
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    Atheists read the Bible completely literally and ignore traditional interpretation

"The fanatical athiests are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who - in their grudge against traditional religion as the 'opium of the masses' - cannot hear the music of the spheres" ~ Albert Einstein

When athiests are truly beyond bias with religion, they are neutral, and have resolved their issues with religion, which is shown by peace and resolution, WHEN it is shown. When the conflict continues, that is also shown. Until resolution, such athiests continue to be controlled with the religion that has been hard-wired into them through from their life experiences with religion that are not yet resolved, and released. The true solution lies in accepting and resolving the inner battle with the religion within. Not denying it and pretending to be free of it. Until resolution is reached, these battles play out all around one's self in one's experiences for all to see. They can also be resolved all around one, and in one's experiences, thereby changing the inner "hard"-wiring.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    You can tell when someone needs to lie that their ideas are base and false. You need to lie about the parable you are quoting because you have false intentions in regard to its message. If you had read it in context and without a biased agenda, it would be clear what the meaning was.

The character in the parable that says that is a king and he is referring to end times - final judgment. Atheists read the Bible completely literally and ignore traditional interpretation - that's like reading the constitution without reading the federalist papers.

A) You are wrong.

B) Just because it is speaking of "the end times" justifies it's context? If God is perfect, they how come he is a hypocrite, and how come he contradicts himself?

So if God said that in the end times, "You will all come before me and the men will lie with men, and women with women until the end of existence" then that would be okay to you? You would continue to say that homosexuality is bad now, but when God comes it will be all okay?

please explain.
  • Options
    brokendave wrote:
    A) You are wrong.

B) Just because it is speaking of "the end times" justifies it's context? If God is perfect, they how come he is a hypocrite, and how come he contradicts himself?

So if God said that in the end times, "You will all come before me and the men will lie with men, and women with women until the end of existence" then that would be okay to you? You would continue to say that homosexuality is bad now, but when God comes it will be all okay?

please explain.

If God is perfect wouldn't it be impossible for him to be a hypocrite; therefore, the only option left is that either God isn't perfect (then he isn't God) or your interpretation of things is wrong and he isn't hypocritical or contradictory.
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    "The fanatical athiests are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who - in their grudge against traditional religion as the 'opium of the masses' - cannot hear the music of the spheres" ~ Albert Einstein

When athiests are truly beyond bias with religion, they are neutral, and have resolved their issues with religion, which is shown by peace and resolution, WHEN it is shown. When the conflict continues, that is also shown. Until resolution, such athiests continue to be controlled with the religion that has been hard-wired into them through from their life experiences with religion that are not yet resolved, and released. The true solution lies in accepting and resolving the inner battle with the religion within. Not denying it and pretending to be free of it. Until resolution is reached, these battles play out all around one's self in one's experiences for all to see. They can also be resolved all around one, and in one's experiences, thereby changing the inner "hard"-wiring.

That is somewhat true, and somewhat fluffed bullshit. I do NOT care if any you want to believe in God, Santy Clause, Alah, Cows or whatever... However, I do care when you begin to affect my life via social and political constructs. That IS the conflict, and that will ALWAYS be THE CONFLICT until people of the religious end accept that no everyone believes what they believe.

Spin it anyway you want... the truth still remains that "the moral majority" got Bush the legitimate votes he did actually get, and they are the one's who lobbied for this war on Iraq... and they are the one's limiting people's rights... and they are the ones responsible for the complete farce of "intelligent design"... and they are the one's responsible for holding back stem-cell research... and they are the one's impeding on women's rights.
  • Options
    brokendave wrote:
    Spin it anyway you want... the truth still remains that "the moral majority" got Bush the legitimate votes he did actually get, and they are the one's who lobbied for this war on Iraq... and they are the one's limiting people's rights... and they are the ones responsible for the complete farce of "intelligent design"... and they are the one's responsible for holding back stem-cell research... and they are the one's impeding on women's rights.

More than just "the moral majority" voted for Bush, you know. If it's nice and easy for you to pick them as scapegoats, go ahead. But if you think there is an easy answer to all of those issues, you don't grasp the depth of the issues and blaming religion or the religious for those issues is extremely narrow minded and short sighted. Yes, the religious tend to make the loudest noise in some of those issues but there are those who aren't religious who have those same views.
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    More than just "the moral majority" voted for Bush, you know. If it's nice and easy for you to pick them as scapegoats, go ahead. But if you think there is an easy answer to all of those issues, you don't grasp the depth of the issues and blaming religion or the religious for those issues is extremely narrow minded and short sighted. Yes, the religious tend to make the loudest noise in some of those issues but there are those who aren't religious who have those same views.

No, you are shortsighted for not seeing that what I am saying is simple. Religion plays a huge factor into these atrocities, and you are right in saying that they are not solely responsible. That doesn't matter much when they are the largest contributor though; in fact, they boast it.

Btw, do you get all of your "big words" from songs? "short sighted" "narrow minded"... yellow bellied hypocritic... just a coincidence probably.
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    If God is perfect wouldn't it be impossible for him to be a hypocrite; therefore, the only option left is that either God isn't perfect (then he isn't God) or your interpretation of things is wrong and he isn't hypocritical or contradictory.

My interperetation of things aren't wrong. You preach peace, and you preach understanding... At the same time you preach that I will be slayed when Jesus returns for not believing in him and that I will BURN FOR ETERNITY in a fuck lake of fire!

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

SLAY THEM BEFORE ME

That isn't out of context, it is just a fucking contradiction of morals, and it is hypocritical... God is telling you not to kill... unless someone doesn't believe in me.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS IN THE FUTURE, SAME RULE STILL STANDS!
  • Options
    brokendave wrote:
    No, you are shortsighted for not seeing that what I am saying is simple. Religion plays a huge factor into these atrocities, and you are right in saying that they are not solely responsible. That doesn't matter much when they are the largest contributor though; in fact, they boast it.

Btw, do you get all of your "big words" from songs? "short sighted" "narrow minded"... yellow bellied hypocritic... just a coincidence probably.

religion has played a role in atrocities, to pretend it hasn't is ridiculous. People wield any tool they can to get control...religion, lack of religion, music, education etc...

I made certain to use those words b/c I wanted to make sure you could follow everything ;)