Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Wow at the above link.

Here's a bit of the review in the Columbus Dispatch:
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/ar ... fjt-1.html
    On the second encore, Vedder thanked the fans, saying, "Life is a mysterious thing," and dedicating Come Back to missing OSU student Brian Shaffer. Things wrapped up with Alive, with the lights coming on as the fans yelled, "Who answers?" and ended after 11 p.m. with Yellow Ledbetter.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

And they have the "Come Back" intro and song there as well. :)

It's almost as if Come Back was written FOR Brian, but probably one spooky coincidence. Brian went missing on 4-1-06 and "The Avacado" was released on May 2, 2006. He probably went missing about the same time as the artwork was being finalized, the final touches were being put on it, and everything was being mass produced.

Speaking of Come Back, I think it'll be my new song that I can't get over, but every time I listen to it, it'll depress the shit out of me. Listening to this song is going to suck, but it'll be like something that I need.

It's sort of like the line "When somethings gone, I wanna fight to get it back again." but an entire song that speaks to me in the way that one line does.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Nice, LIO! I'm so glad the band spoke about him and dedicated the song to him. It's the right thing.

As for the spooky coincidence... well, I don't think Ed would dare telling who/what the song was intended for because he has said from time to time, that it is left up to the listeners for personal interpretations. I always thought it was for his best friend, Johnny Ramone, who passed away on Sept 15, 2004. But that's *my* interpretation for *him*. ;) I do have different personal uses for it, whenever the mood/situation suits me.

If it weren't for your and others (like Yahimita)'s persistence, this thread wouldn't have stayed up this long or lead to some new leads/hope, so kudos to you all, despite some naysayers and negative support.

How much money was raised for CrimeStoppers at the pre-party?
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Nice, LIO! I'm so glad the band spoke about him and dedicated the song to him. It's the right thing.

As for the spooky coincidence... well, I don't think Ed would dare telling who/what the song was intended for because he has said from time to time, that it is left up to the listeners for personal interpretations. I always thought it was for his best friend, Johnny Ramone, who passed away on Sept 15, 2004. But that's *my* interpretation for *him*. ;) I do have different personal uses for it, whenever the mood/situation suits me.

If it weren't for your and others (like Yahimita)'s persistence, this thread wouldn't have stayed up this long or lead to some new leads/hope, so kudos to you all, despite some naysayers and negative support.

How much money was raised for CrimeStoppers at the pre-party?

Yeah, you're right that Ed (and the others) have been secretive about the meanings of songs. The only ones we REALLY know are, and i'm sure i'm forgetting some:

Alive, Once, Footsteps, Jeremy, Yellow Ledbetter, 4/20 (or whatever that hidden track on Lost Dogs is called), Betterman, perhaps Leatherman, Bu$hleaguer, Love Boat Captain, Arc, Green Disease,

We can take a good guess at Black, Animal, Leash, Small Town, Red Mosquito (food poisoning in Europe?), Lukin (Matt Lukin's fridge and perhaps a stalker), Around the Bend (lullabye written for Jack's son?), Brain of J (JFK's brain or part thereof disappearing?), MFC as being a song about small Italian cars that go really fast, and Amongst The Waves.. Ed said that ATW was basically a surf/love song, so maybe it belongs in the other list.

As far as what was raised, I have no idea. I know a TON of people brought in "bathroom items" for the charitable drive...I thought I did good with five items, but as I said somewhere on here, other people brought in waaaaaaay more than that!

I sent Kevin an email asking how much was raised, but no replies yet.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,835
    I'm not sure about anyone else , But I brought in 26 items (Kroger had a 10 for 10 sale going on!!), was given 26 raffle tix 1 for 1. wasn't complaining at all. Having been in a position to receive similar help from Orgs like NS Inc. It felt right. Also felt bad I couldn't contribute to the PJ raffle items. So there ya go.

Split the raffle tix with my guest who was seeing the band for the first time!! She won the indy poster and rocked her socks off!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm not sure about anyone else , But I brought in 26 items (Kroger had a 10 for 10 sale going on!!), was given 26 raffle tix 1 for 1. wasn't complaining at all. Having been in a position to receive similar help from Orgs like NS Inc. It felt right. Also felt bad I couldn't contribute to the PJ raffle items. So there ya go.

Were those bathroom items? I told them that it was "2 tickets per each bathroom item" but I think it could have also been a bit chaotic up there at times as well. Either way, it sounded like you were happy, and Neighborhood Services (www.nsicolumbus.com) certainly got a lot of much-needed stuff:

Already posted to the Columbus pre-party thread, but here's what we've raised so far:
    Around $740.00 in cash
    Maybe $150.00 in goods
    Hopefully a week or two for a check from the "PJ fan club." I wonder if Kevin meant the Wishlist Foundation when he said that.
    There should be an additional donation from Garage Bar.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Were those bathroom items? I told them that it was "2 tickets per each bathroom item" but I think it could have also been a bit chaotic up there at times as well. Either way, it sounded like you were happy, and Neighborhood Services (http://www.nsicolumbus.com) certainly got a lot of much-needed stuff:

Already posted to the Columbus pre-party thread, but here's what we've raised so far:
    Around $740.00 in cash
    Maybe $150.00 in goods
    Hopefully a week or two for a check from the "PJ fan club." I wonder if Kevin meant the Wishlist Foundation when he said that.
    Cool. Yeah I saw that 2 tix per, but didn't want to get greedy!! :mrgreen: My plan was , should I have won more than 1 item each , I was going to send the "overage" with Wishlist to Indy. But It worked out. She got the poster an dWE got the show of a lifetime. Most pleased . And damn fine job setting that up. Looked like a success!!!!

Heard anything about that 10tv crew that was there? When , if it will air?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

I had heard it aired on the Columbus CBS affiliate (http://www.10tv.com) at the 11 PM news that night, or maybe it was the 6 PM news?? I'm guessing the 11.

I'll be unavailable for the rest of the day, but maybe you could contact someone at 10TV and see if they can post the story online? Actually, I think there's a service that sends DVDs, but i'm not sure. I may be able to talk to someone tonight about it, but i'll probably forget.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/statio ... story.html
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

I had heard it aired on the Columbus CBS affiliate (http://www.10tv.com) at the 11 PM news that night, or maybe it was the 6 PM news?? I'm guessing the 11.

I'll be unavailable for the rest of the day, but maybe you could contact someone at 10TV and see if they can post the story online? Actually, I think there's a service that sends DVDs, but i'm not sure. I may be able to talk to someone tonight about it, but i'll probably forget.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/statio ... story.html

Quick search , didn't find it. Maybe I'll check Crimestoppers site too.
    Sent an email to 10tv, now to wait for a reply.

• Options
    Unsure if this has been posted yet. Knowing Yahamita's interest , it probably has!! :mrgreen:

But I'll post this anyway.
    http://stopcrime.org/?page_id=361

It's a crime stoppers blog to honor Randy Schaffer.

• Options
    Yeah, I think the "For Randy" section was brought up before, but it's always good to bring it up again, as people certainly aren't going to read all 73 pages.

And an edit:

Here is a video from the pre-party!
    http://vimeo.com/11593408

FYI,
    23 seconds, you can see Lori in the middle (she runs the findbrianshaffer.com website,) and her son. The other lady in light blue on the right of the image is someone else from CrimeStoppers.

37 seconds in, the guy in red is the husband of Lori, the woman who runs findbrianshaffer.com

1:07, you can see Kevin Miles, the president of the local CrimeStoppers. He's mentioning Brian buying tickets for the 06 Cinci show.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Unsure if this has been posted yet. Knowing Yahamita's interest , it probably has!! :mrgreen:

But I'll post this anyway.
    http://stopcrime.org/?page_id=361

It's a crime stoppers blog to honor Randy Schaffer.
    Yes, What a wonderful man Randy was.. I still have his pic on my frig..such a huge smile..was full of life and love..He would have been in tears full of hugs and thanks for all the hard work all of you did for the fundraiser.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Ok, emailed our local CBS affiliate 10tv about the spot we saw being filmed at the preparty. Got a quick reply too.
    Video is VERY short but here it is. It's more about the many missing persons in the area than just about Brian. Enough from me.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/ ... eo=1034708

• Options
    From 4-7 seconds, i'm on the left. I do NOT look like that, hahahaha. I see they "stretched" the video. Grrr. Make me look like a freakin' funhouse, why don'tcha. :p
  • Options
    Around $740.00 in cash
    Maybe $150.00 in goods

Upon further review, it was $766 in cash donated from Wishlist to CrimeStoppers.
  • Options
    Around $740.00 in cash
    Maybe $150.00 in goods

Upon further review, it was $766 in cash donated from Wishlist to CrimeStoppers.
    the amjority of which would have come from the raffle tix sale? and the purchased items from the table?

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I would guess.
  • Options
    Columbus boot now available.

Reviews:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=133661
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Columbus boot now available.

Reviews:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=133661

SWEETNESS
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    I just talked to the guy who manages Garage Bar. I don't know if anyone met Matt or not. There were sooo many people there that I didn't have time to properly introduce myself to everyone I should have. Unfortunately, I was having such a good time mingling and socalizing with a few that I missed out on introducing myself to Alexis and her "entourage."

I suppose I met Matt (Garage Bar owner/manager), but as I said, the whole thing was a rush of people, crazy people, drunk people, happy people, etc.

Anyway, Matt will get in contact with Kevin and donate approximately $500 to CrimeStoppers.

CrimeStoppers made approximately $500 from Garage Bar, and $766 from CrimeStoppers for a total of somewhere around $1266. The good folks at Neighborhood Services (www.nsicolumbus.com) were given approximately $150 in goods. I'd say the vast majority of the stuff was the "bathroom stuff" they always have a need for.

Hopefully the next time Pearl Jam comes to town, Garage Bar can accomodate us.
  • Options
    http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/jun/12/ ... ar-106373/

Push For Missing Adults Heats Up; Families Say They Need Help

Today's event (I was at another, non-related event) was more than about Brian, but I saw a GIANT "Brian poster" on the broadcast at least three times in the background.
  • Options
    25 year old Tony Luzio J;r went missing on July 4 2005 after attending a party in Columbus.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=tony+luzio

Randy Shaffer and Tony Luzio Sr were good friends and even co-hosted a CrimeStoppers event a few years ago at Flannigan's, which I mentioned going to.

More info on Tony:
    http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogsp ... still.html

From that same google search page:
    Forensic Astrology: Anthony "Tony" Luzio Jr.
    Jun 25, 2009 ... One name that has continuously been linked with Brian Shaffer's disappearance is that of Anthony “Tony” Luzio. On the evening of July 3, ...
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I think Kyron Horman needs a sticky more then this guy, not to be rude or anything, but its so tragic I hope the little guy is found soon, what do you guys think? Should we make him a thread or just combine his case with this thread? Just to keep it on peoples mind so they remember hes missing in case they hear anything they can report to police.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I think Kyron Horman needs a sticky more then this guy, not to be rude or anything, but its so tragic I hope the little guy is found soon, what do you guys think? Should we make him a thread or just combine his case with this thread? Just to keep it on peoples mind so they remember hes missing in case they hear anything they can report to police.
    whats the story with this person?

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    mickeyrat wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=134748
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=134748

Didn't see that thanks. I think we should switch the threads, make Kyron's one be a sticky on the porch and this one in moving train, or put them both on the porch, or take this one off the porch.
    Shows:
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679

It's awful but I'm not sure what it's got to do with PJ? Or have I missed something? If we had a sticky for everyone who went missing, we would unforunately have many thousands each year...
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    It's awful but I'm not sure what it's got to do with PJ? Or have I missed something? If we had a sticky for everyone who went missing, we would unforunately have many thousands each year...

Agree, it is a sad story when anyone goes missing but Brian's story does have a 10C connection, which is why the band and the forum pay attention to it. The young boy is also a very troubling story but...

There will be some news about Brain some time, it just needs people to keep the faith and keep working on it. Best of luck to all of you involved.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    I dunno guys it just doesn't seem right to give brian a sticky just because hes a pj fan, kyrons only 7, it just seems this case is more significant as this young boy did recently go missing, as we've seen a sticky isn't gonna guarentee him coming home but its good for everyone to be aware about him. I hope both cases can be solved soon
    Shows: