Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Has Brian's family ever gotten a psychic person involved--the kind that police used to hire to walk through the crime scene, explore the victim's last where-abouts, etc.? I don't know if police rely on such things anymore. The West Memphis 3 case has opened my eyes to just how thorough investigations have been in the last 20 yrs or so. ;)

IIRC, they have, and it was discussed in this thread. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of "psychics" really may not know what they're talking about. Quite frequently, you'll see the disclaimer "for entertainment purposes only" accompanying such psychics.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    metsfan wrote:

people argue over what should or shouldn't be a sticky? wow - if life was just that simple.....
    i'm hardly arguing. just defending this thread being deemed non sticky worthy. i guess some people don't want brian to return home safe and sound, shame really.

metsy - i wasn't actually referring to your post, i'm on the same page as you with this, 100%.
    ahhh ok cool
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    metsfan wrote:

people argue over what should or shouldn't be a sticky? wow - if life was just that simple.....
    i'm hardly arguing. just defending this thread being deemed non sticky worthy. i guess some people don't want brian to return home safe and sound, shame really.

metsy - i wasn't actually referring to your post, i'm on the same page as you with this, 100%.
    Yeah, I wasn't arguing neither, just defending PJ_KIdd's rights to question the merits of this sticky. It's okay to do, even if to come to a group decision that this thread is worth keeping up as a sticky. Not everyone here thinks like a drone and it is okay to discuss these things. Perfectly relevant.

In the end, PJ_Kidd was just really concerned about a small child, 7 years old I think, who has just recently gone missing, that's all.

People really should be proud of what has happened here with this thread, but also lighten up a bit as Brian is far from the only missing person out there.

Keep up the good fight, but keep in mind that we all do not think alike and all have different morals and values in life. No one is more right or wrong than the next, just different.
  • Options
    sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    Gone
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, I wasn't arguing neither, just defending PJ_KIdd's rights to question the merits of this sticky. It's okay to do, even if to come to a group decision that this thread is worth keeping up as a sticky. Not everyone here thinks like a drone and it is okay to discuss these things. Perfectly relevant.

In the end, PJ_Kidd was just really concerned about a small child, 7 years old I think, who has just recently gone missing, that's all.

People really should be proud of what has happened here with this thread, but also lighten up a bit as Brian is far from the only missing person out there.

Keep up the good fight, but keep in mind that we all do not think alike and all have different morals and values in life. No one is more right or wrong than the next, just different.
    your calling me a drone

really now?

man you are something else

i am far from a drone and so are the people in this thread who wanna find brian

yea apparently we don't have the small and morals animal cause it seems like you don't wanna keep this a sticky. have you no compassion for a missing fellow pj fan. i thought better of you.

the only reason why this is a sticky is cause it was a missing pj fan, one of us.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    your calling me a drone

really now?

man you are something else

i am far from a drone and so are the people in this thread who wanna find brian

yea apparently we don't have the small and morals animal cause it seems like you don't wanna keep this a sticky. have you no compassion for a missing fellow pj fan. i thought better of you.

the only reason why this is a sticky is cause it was a missing pj fan, one of us.
    Wow dude, I don't know what else to say - I have tried to be incredibly respectful here. I meant that most of us are not drones and we may think differently about different topics and that it is okay to have different opinions about different things. Hence, why I think it is okay that PJ_Kidd brought up what she did as her intention was also not meant offensively.

All I have done is defend those with a respectful difference of opinion against the mob mentality around here.

As a group it has been decided that this thread is worthy of remaining a sticky - and therefore I support that decision. But I will not join a mob to damn and ridicule those with a slightly different opinion.
  • Options
    well yea anytime someones question a thread sticky for a missing person their def is gonna be a mob mentality. i'm sure if a family members of your went missing and someone questioned that thread sticky worthy wouldn't you defend it's sticky worthyness. to be really fucking honest with you i think it's wrong for someone to question this thread outta all of the sticky's on here. why not question jack irons sticky worthy. i mean he's been outta the band for 13 years now.

what pj kidd said was months old and it was dead and buried so why did you feel the need to bring it up for. were you really "defending" her or do you have other motives in this thread.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    well yea anytime someones question a thread sticky for a missing person their def is gonna be a mob mentality. i'm sure if a family members of your went missing and someone questioned that thread sticky worthy wouldn't you defend it's sticky worthyness. to be really fucking honest with you i think it's wrong for someone to question this thread outta all of the sticky's on here. why not question jack irons sticky worthy. i mean he's been outta the band for 13 years now.

what pj kidd said was months old and it was dead and buried so why did you feel the need to bring it up for. were you really "defending" her or do you have other motives in this thread.
    People were still "mobbing" against her comment from July, just two weeks ago, that's why.

And to leave with one more thought - what about the many Pearl Jam fans that have gone missing that we don't know about and make a sticky for? What about the thousands of other children that go missing all the time that are just too young to know about Pearl Jam yet; are they all less important than Brian? Of course they are not.

Do I want the mystery of the disappearing Pearl Jam fan named Brian from Ohio solved? Of course I do and I wish his loved ones the closure they deserve. But, I feel that way about ALL the missing people in the world, especially the small and young children.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

And to leave with one more thought - what about the many Pearl Jam fans that have gone missing that we don't know about and make a sticky for? What about the thousands of other children that go missing all the time that are just too young to know about Pearl Jam yet; are they all less important than Brian? Of course they are not.

Do I want the mystery of the disappearing Pearl Jam fan named Brian from Ohio solved? Of course I do and I wish his loved ones the closure they deserve. But, I feel that way about ALL the missing people in the world, especially the small and young children.
    we all want every missing person found just that this a special case cause for 1. brian is a fan of the band and 2. the band mentioned bout him at the cincy show in 06. it's probably a sticky cause the mods feel having people saying bump everyday would be useless to the cause. did anyone ever think of that or no.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    personally the fact that is still a sticky , to me it's just really fucking cool that they care enough to keep this up. Thanks Kat and Sea.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pjhawks wrote:
    personally the fact that is still a sticky , to me it's just really fucking cool that they care enough to keep this up. Thanks Kat and Sea.

and well it should be
    until
    there is
    resolution
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

Not to mention Ed mentioning Brian in Cincinnati in 2006, then playing Wishlist for him with a "love is stronger than witchcraft" tag AND in 2010, Ed mentioned Brian once again and then they played "Come Back."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    pjhawks wrote:

Not to mention Ed mentioning Brian in Cincinnati in 2006, then playing Wishlist for him with a "love is stronger than witchcraft" tag AND in 2010, Ed mentioned Brian once again and then they played "Come Back."
    this I did not catch... seen the thread for years... pretty cool of Ed to mention. he definitely reads these posts!
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

Come Back in Columbus made be cry. Best wishes to him, his friends & family during this holiday season. Hope you're out there somewhere Brian
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

this I did not catch... seen the thread for years... pretty cool of Ed to mention. he definitely reads these posts!

I obviously don't know if the band reads the boards, but i'd imagine it would be pretty damn hard for them NOT to.

I had heard that Crime Stoppers somehow notified the band in advance of the show. I also know that in 2006, one of the ten clubbers passed a t-shirt and flyer to the band as they were leaving the stage. (This may have happened in Detroit, but i'm just guessing. I remember reading discussion about it on these boards.)
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Not to mention Ed mentioning Brian in Cincinnati in 2006, then playing Wishlist for him with a "love is stronger than witchcraft" tag AND in 2010, Ed mentioned Brian once again and then they played "Come Back."[/quote]
    Come Back in Columbus made be cry. Best wishes to him, his friends & family during this holiday season. Hope you're out there somewhere Brian[/quote]
    Yes, indeed..Sending positive vibes to Brians brother and family at this time of year.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I really wish somebody could find this guy.....

God bless him and his family.
  • Options
    Did anyone on this board know him in person?
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options

I met his dad, and I know yahamita talked to him on the phone several times. I can't remember if Alexis showed up to the Wishlist Foundation pre-party in May or not.

But as Ed said, it's like we're all family, and we need to look out for one another.
  • Options

I met his dad, and I know yahamita talked to him on the phone several times. I can't remember if Alexis showed up to the Wishlist Foundation pre-party in May or not.

But as Ed said, it's like we're all family, and we need to look out for one another.

But no one here actually knew him or his family before he went missing? Or is friends with teh family?

I was just curious is all. I find missing person cases very interesting how someone can just vanish like that one day.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

But no one here actually knew him or his family before he went missing? Or is friends with teh family?

I was just curious is all. I find missing person cases very interesting how someone can just vanish like that one day.

I have met both Alexis & Randy Shaffer...at our studios in Grandview.
    We shot a couple of PSA's for Central Ohio Crimestoppers and Randy was featured in 2 of these!!
    One to raise awareness about Brian's case and the second was about "Overserving" patrons at Campus area bars.
    I didn't know Brian or his family before he vanished, but I still think about this case everytime I login to the boards!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    [quote="derbydave[/quote]I have met both Alexis & Randy Shaffer...at our studios in Grandview.
    We shot a couple of PSA's for Central Ohio Crimestoppers and Randy was featured in 2 of these!!
    One to raise awareness about Brian's case and the second was about "Overserving" patrons at Campus area bars.
    I didn't know Brian or his family before he vanished, but I still think about this case everytime I login to the boards!! :ugeek:[/quote]

AMEN to that derbydave..I can't log on here without seeing the sticky and thinking of Brian. I miss the late night conversations with Randy, not just discussing Brians case, but getting to know the great man he was.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Brian was out with friends celebrating the start of spring break 2006 when he went missing. Tomorrow is the first day of spring break 2011.

While it isn't the "true" anniversary of the last time he was seen, it's sort of an "unofficial" one.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Brian was out with friends celebrating the start of spring break 2006 when he went missing. Tomorrow is the first day of spring break 2011.

While it isn't the "true" anniversary of the last time he was seen, it's sort of an "unofficial" one.

Best wishes and thoughts for tomorrow - for loved ones and for Brian
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018

Did you ever have the opportunity to meet Brian? If not, your dedication to a great pre-show party last May in Columbus and your awareness to bringing him home is one of the best things about this community. His family deserves some good news!
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:

Did you ever have the opportunity to meet Brian? If not, your dedication to a great pre-show party last May in Columbus and your awareness to bringing him home is one of the best things about this community. His family deserves some good news!

From a few posts up:
    I met his dad, and I know yahamita talked to him on the phone several times.

I was just walking down the street one day and saw a huge poster... I think the stickman caught my eye before anything else did. Then i'm like "holy shit, this guy's a pearl jam fan." Then I came here and started a thread with very basic information. Kat started another one, and then the two were merged into something I never dreamed would ever take place.

I haven't met Brian...but I really want to. :)

I don't remember if Alexis was at the pre-show party, but I know Lori (the woman who runs findbrianshaffer.com) and her husband and son were there.

For those of you who believe in this stuff, it's weird/sad that Randy hasn't appeared to us in a dream to give us any sort of clue. He knew we're looking for him, but he hasn't appeared...

As for his family, his mom and dad are both no longer with us, but his brother married a couple years ago, and i'm quite sure he has extended family.

It's just a damn shame that party didn't have enough bar staff. That's something we'll work on for the PJ20, EV solo tour, 2012, 2013, whenever the next one may be.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

As for his family, his mom and dad are both no longer with us, but his brother married a couple years ago, and i'm quite sure he has extended family.

:(
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    aus_suz wrote:

Aye... I think it was cancer that claimed his mom. A couple months later, Brian went missing. That was in early 2006. In late summer 2008, most of Ohio was hit by a ferocious windstorm from the remnants of a hurricane. Brian's dad was out on his property, checking for damage when a tree branch fell on him. When he didn't show up for work the next day, some of his co-workers went to investigate and saw what happened.

If various things happen for their various reasons, sometimes they're the weirdest, most unknown reasons.

Blood Drive for Brian:
    1375 Chambers Road, Grandview OH on Saturday, April 2 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. You can register online here. We need all the help we can get in distributing flyers for the blood drive. You can download the flyer for printing here
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    aus_suz wrote:

Aye... I think it was cancer that claimed his mom. A couple months later, Brian went missing. That was in early 2006. In late summer 2008, most of Ohio was hit by a ferocious windstorm from the remnants of a hurricane. Brian's dad was out on his property, checking for damage when a tree branch fell on him. When he didn't show up for work the next day, some of his co-workers went to investigate and saw what happened.

If various things happen for their various reasons, sometimes they're the weirdest, most unknown reasons.

Blood Drive for Brian:
    1375 Chamber Road, Grandview OH on Saturday, April 2 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. You can register online here. We need all the help we can get in distributing flyers for the blood drive. You can download the flyer for printing here

Oh god the story gets sadder.... How tragic and sad.. :(
    Sad the parents never got any answers before they passed :(
  • Options
    Yeah.... That story shouldn't happen to anyone.

Brian's dad never got an answer, but he knows now. (Brian's mom died before he went missing).