Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I was unpacking some boxes last night, just moved, and came across some stuff Randy had sent me, and his obituary. It really brought tears to my eyes. This situation has bugged me since Day #1..I just cant grasp the whole situation and NO answers..NO more news from the private investigator either. He is really after Clint though. He wants him to tell what he knows, but other than that, it seems that the family is just moving forward with their lives.

I do agree. Clint is the ONLY lead, and if he knows something, he should certainly come forth. Saying "I don't know anything" is a lot better (at least for Clint) than saying "I"m not saying anything."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I graduated high school in 2001. Someone who graduated from the same high school in 1999 is facebook friends with Brian.

It's a small world, isn't it?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    http://www.saycampuslife.com/2009/11/09 ... arrington/

A recent mention of Brian. It's nothing we don't already know, but it's good to see that other people haven't forgot.
  • Options
    http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/news/l ... nge/48673/

Another mention (in the comment section.)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    From findbrianshaffer.com's guest book:

Sunday, 12/13/09, 6:24 AM

It is with a heavy heart that I write that Lou Komives, Derek's father-in-law, passed away this morning. Please keep the Shaffer and Komives families in your thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Keep your eyes open! I hear there just may be some news to come on the horizon..checking on that now, and waiting a response back from the private investigator..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Was able to get ahold of the private investigator, Don, and also had a chance to reconnect with Lori, she takes care of brians page. What I know is the same weirdo from before is at it again. This time the person has started calling Lori out by name, indicating she is a supporter of serial killers and an enabler of psychopaths, so she contacted Crimestoppers with the info to see if they can find the IP addy where he's posting from. Also, I will add a few quotes from Don from last night...his thoughts...

"Clint's attorney has forbidden me to have any contact whatsoever with him. It's my belief that Clint holds the key to this mystery.

It is also my belief that Brian is still alive (but my opinion means nothing if I cannot locate and speak with Brian and inquire as to why he chose to leave in such a manner). I truly believe Brian will someday turn up based on the information discovered by Randy and I. There have been hundreds of adults who for whatever reason decide to completely disappear and start a new life and as hard as it is to believe that it could be accomplished in this day and age it does occur.

So there you have it...no new leads at this point, but some strange activity on his page..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    I have been a frequent observer of this thread for a while now and I would tend to agree with you guys, I think he's still alive somewhere (although my opinion, as everyone else's, means nothing).

I think there will be closure on Brian's disappearance, but it may not be for several years.

To all those connected closely with this case, never give up hope. I support all your efforts to find Brian and figure out what happened. I understand that in a lot of ways, this is a private matter for those who knew and loved Brian, but I wanted to pledge my support in the cause. Never give up hope.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    So sad, i think hes probably dead since its been so long but i hope im wrong good luck to the investigators
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I have been a frequent observer of this thread for a while now and I would tend to agree with you guys, I think he's still alive somewhere (although my opinion, as everyone else's, means nothing).

I think there will be closure on Brian's disappearance, but it may not be for several years.

To all those connected closely with this case, never give up hope. I support all your efforts to find Brian and figure out what happened. I understand that in a lot of ways, this is a private matter for those who knew and loved Brian, but I wanted to pledge my support in the cause. Never give up hope.
    I never had a chance to personally meet Brian either, but once I got to know his dad Randy, I became addicted to finding Brian. The Love, compassion and hope that man had made him a truely amazing man, and I know he must have been an awesome father to Brian. Just keep your eyes open, and spread the word!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I never had a chance to personally meet Brian either, but once I got to know his dad Randy, I became addicted to finding Brian. The Love, compassion and hope that man had made him a truely amazing man, and I know he must have been an awesome father to Brian. Just keep your eyes open, and spread the word!

Like this?

Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you.
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word that I still believe and it's
    Love,... love. love. love. love.

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.
    I know it's already been sung,... can't be said enough.
    Love is all you need,.. all you need is love,..
    Love,.. love,...
    Love.
  • Options
    I just received a friend request on facebook from Randy?!?!?! I immediately responded and asked who is using his page!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    been keeping eye on this hope you get a break soon !
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I just received a friend request on facebook from Randy?!?!?! I immediately responded and asked who is using his page!

That's freaky. Any clue as to who it could be?
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

That's freaky. Any clue as to who it could be?
    Yes, I do, it was an old acct I had started a few years ago, and it was the weirdest thing it reactivated itself..I can't explain it, but it did. I tried to delete the acct. again.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Spooky.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    I had forgotten about this situation. I posted on here years ago I believe. Hopefully the answers will come soon. Keeping it in people's minds and thoughts is the best way to get answers.

Best of luck to a happy ending to this mystery.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you for posting! and THANK YOU, Lori for sending the link,Im having issues with FB lately logging on and posting.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    It's going to be interesting to see if they'd mention anything about this during the show. I hope they do.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    It's going to be interesting to see if they'd mention anything about this during the show. I hope they do.

Indeed. I don't think it's something we should flood 10C with calls about, but maybe something could be done.

Also, with the tour, I wonder if we could get t-shirts, buttons, and flyers printed up again. (Obligatory "ask for venue permission before going through the trouble of printing up all those flyers." post.)
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Indeed. I don't think it's something we should flood 10C with calls about, but maybe something could be done.

Also, with the tour, I wonder if we could get t-shirts, buttons, and flyers printed up again. (Obligatory "ask for venue permission before going through the trouble of printing up all those flyers." post.)
    I will go through my file and find the company who owns the artwork to see if they want to produce and sell more shirts for the show. I am passing on the midwest shows for now. Too much going on this summer and need the money for other engagements

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thanks Peter for the wonderful idea. Since there is a Columbus show coming up, wouldn't it make sense to have a preparty/fundraiser for Brian? or at least bring this back to light? There would be so much help in Columbus to get this thing up and going. Lori, I will be getting ahold of you as well for help. I am not able to come back to the midwest, unfortunately for the show but can help on my end as much as possible. and what a bout having it at the Ugly Tuna where Brian disappeared????

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    yahamita wrote:
    Thanks Peter for the wonderful idea. Since there is a Columbus show coming up, wouldn't it make sense to have a preparty/fundraiser for Brian? or at least bring this back to light? There would be so much help in Columbus to get this thing up and going. Lori, I will be getting ahold of you as well for help. I am not able to come back to the midwest, unfortunately for the show but can help on my end as much as possible. and what a bout having it at the Ugly Tuna where Brian disappeared????

I think that would be a terrific idea!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    yahamita wrote:

I think what we're planning is going to be huge. I don't know all the details. It was kind of my idea, but I think yahamita and others are doing more than I know, which is totally acceptable.

I don't want to give too much away, but keep your eye on this thread and the Columbus rollcall thread for info as it develops.
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    yahamita wrote:

I think what we're planning is going to be huge. I don't know all the details. It was kind of my idea, but I think yahamita and others are doing more than I know, which is totally acceptable.

I don't want to give too much away, but keep your eye on this thread and the Columbus rollcall thread for info as it develops.
    Peter, thanks for your insane motivation! Lori is going to get a ticket to the show and is available to help out in any way. Can we start a "Get Yahamita to Columbus fund"..I really don't want to miss this event..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates! I am not going to any PJ shows... but I am especially more interested in this one than the other ones (except for MSG I that my hubby and daughter are going to).

I'll definitely keep an eye out in this thread.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Thanks for the updates! I am not going to any PJ shows... but I am especially more interested in this one than the other ones (except for MSG I that my hubby and daughter are going to).

I'll definitely keep an eye out in this thread.

Talk about taking one for the team...they're going to MSG 1 and you aren't. Maybe they'll call you during the show and let you listen in.
  • Options

Talk about taking one for the team...they're going to MSG 1 and you aren't. Maybe they'll call you during the show and let you listen in.

Oh, it's not even like that! I really wanted my daughter to take my place...especially with her goal of going to Japan as a cartoonist and I wanted her to see her first PJ in a complete different environment...and with her dad!!! :mrgreen:

If it wasn't for her... nobody would be even going to NY or ANY shows at all! ;) The whole thing was my idea.
    ~Q Magazine