Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    If there are any Columbus fans willing to go have a look around, has anyone ever searched Hayden Falls Park which is around 20 minutes from where Brian was last seen?

Back Story:

I had a freaky dream last night from out of left field, I think this came on because of listening to COME BACK from Columbus yesterday (which is awesome) - but in the dream, Brian was in it, and he was walking down a path near a waterfall with a dark haired girl. Then he looked at me as if I was there and pointed over towards the trees next to the falling water.

This dream stuck with me all day and kept bugging me, so i did a simple google search and found this dream viewing psychic dude who did readings on Brian - I want everyone to know I'm not crazy and I usually side on the side of Harry Houdini when I say that psychics and mediums are usually frauds preying on grief from families... BUT I was a little floored (and freaked out) that there was mention of a waterfall in it. It sent up freaky red alert lights in my head. See here" http://www.briansprediction.com/gale/BrianShaffer.htm

So did a quick google maps search and found Hayden Falls Park 20 minutes away from his last known location. I know it's a shot in the dark, but if I lived closer I'd want to go down and look around just to settle my mind.

I just discovered the tragic story of his Dad passing too. UGH. If there are any Columbus fans willing to go have a look around or if this area has been searched before, please let me know.
    i am jack's ukulele

Back Story:

I had a freaky dream last night from out of left field, I think this came on because of listening to COME BACK from Columbus yesterday (which is awesome) - but in the dream, Brian was in it, and he was walking down a path near a waterfall with a dark haired girl. Then he looked at me as if I was there and pointed over towards the trees next to the falling water.

This dream stuck with me all day and kept bugging me, so i did a simple google search and found this dream viewing psychic dude who did readings on Brian - I want everyone to know I'm not crazy and I usually side on the side of Harry Houdini when I say that psychics and mediums are usually frauds preying on grief from families... BUT I was a little floored (and freaked out) that there was mention of a waterfall in it. It sent up freaky red alert lights in my head. See here" http://www.briansprediction.com/gale/BrianShaffer.htm

So did a quick google maps search and found Hayden Falls Park 20 minutes away from his last known location. I know it's a shot in the dark, but if I lived closer I'd want to go down and look around just to settle my mind.

I just discovered the tragic story of his Dad passing too. UGH. If there are any Columbus fans willing to go have a look around or if this area has been searched before, please let me know.

I've had a couple Brian-related dreams as well.

I'll certainly pass this on. Leave no Stone unturned, as they say.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Thanks Ohio. Yeah, I guess listening to Come Back from Columbus really popped this issue deep into my subconscious to have that dream. I woke up feeling uneasy.

I just want to add, no surprise to anyone here, but this is what makes the Pearl Jam Family completely awesome. We'll never forget about Brian. Lost or found.
    i am jack's ukulele

I just want to add, no surprise to anyone here, but this is what makes the Pearl Jam Family completely awesome. We'll never forget about Brian. Lost or found.

That's happened to me too, where i'll deliberately leave music on and then i'll hear it in my dream. The eerie thing is that the Columbus version had jumbled up lyrics, something along the lines of ... "there's a real possibility I'll meet you in my dreams...i go to sleep."

:ugeek: :ugeek:

Anyway, here are some news articles concerning the blood drive.
    http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar/31/ ... ar-439314/

http://www.theotherpaper.com/news/artic ... 002e0.html
    (The wife of Brian's brother left a comment at this article, thanking Lori for putting this all together. Lori runs Brian's site at www.findbrianshaffer.com)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    By all accounts, the blood drive went strong. They had a bunch of the green wristbands and people were taking them, so the awareness is certainly out there.

All the local news channels were there, so that's certainly a good thing. I was supposed to be preparing to go on the NBC affiliate to talk about Brian and Pearl Jam, but the cameraman didn't want me (or he forgot.)

I met Derek and Derek's wife. Pictures were taken.

ABC report with video:
    http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/ne ... 0143.shtml

NBC report
    http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/apr/02/ ... ar-441351/

Tony Luzio is the son of a Columbus police officer. Tony went missing around the same time as Brian, and Randy and Anthony Luzio (Tony's dad) grew to know each other in the hunt for their sons.

And the first post has been updated. Cleaned up some of the links, and added a few more youtube videos.

Click here for a photo. It won't open in a new browser window for some reason.

From the left, we have Lori's son; Kevin Miles the president of Central Ohio Crime Stoppers; Lori who runs http://www.findbrianshaffer.com, me in the back in a red Pearl Jam hoody with a Team McCready shirt underneath. Derek's wife is in the green, and that's Derek on the far right.
  • Options
    Raineman311Raineman311 Posts: 124
    I joined here right around the time that this was going on and remember reading all about it. I can't believe its been this long, but every time I hear "Come Back" it reminds me of Brian. Just heard it this morning on the way to the work, and its good to see people are still working hard for the cause. Come back man.
  • Options
    I think it was about 5 years ago, I was walking down the street and saw a white poster with a stickman on it. I stopped, looked at it, and saw this:
    http://findbrianshaffer.com/BrianShaffer.pdf

On April 13th, 2006, at 10:54 PM ET, I typed "Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing..." into this forum.

I honestly expected maybe 5-6 posts at most. I thought the thread would fade into obscurity along with so many others...

Five years later, the Pearl Jam community has far exceeded my wildest expectations. I estimate that this post marks number 1,178 in this thread. That's an average of 235.6 posts per year.

It is 1824 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes, 54 seconds
    since Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 10:54:00 PM (Columbus time)
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... =00&p0=805

To everyone in this thread...to everyone who read the thread, but didn't post. Thank you. To everyone who showed up, or wanted to show up to the Wishlist party in Columbus last May. Thank you. To Kat, Sea, Tim, and the others. Thank you.

Finally, to Ed, Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt, and Boom. I'm sure you all think about him a lot. Two in-concert mentions means a lot. Thank you.

PS -- What a way to mark my 1,000th post.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I can't believe it has been this long. I know I always keep an eye out in crowds just in case. Prayers and good vibes sent to all family members and friends!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    Remember reading this post when it originally happened, heard the encore break before Come Back on the Columbus 2010 bootleg about a week back and shed a tear after hearing the story again...hope he's in a better place, will think about him and about all the other's I've lost too soon every time I hear the song.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    IU student gone missing..Lauren Spierer.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-spierer ... d=13772510

Jill Behrman went missing back in 2000 but her remains were found 3 years later.
    http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfi ... hrman.html

I pray they are able to find Lauren soon. Sad situation, just like Brians..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Remember reading this post when it originally happened, heard the encore break before Come Back on the Columbus 2010 bootleg about a week back and shed a tear after hearing the story again...hope he's in a better place, will think about him and about all the other's I've lost too soon every time I hear the song.

same here. just heard it for the first time on sirius xm.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    rizzdaddy wrote:

THAT...was incredible! Totally made my day, and to include the intro was awesome! I've been waiting a long time to hear that one on international radio! :)
  • Options
    rizzdaddy wrote:

THAT...was incredible! Totally made my day, and to include the intro was awesome! I've been waiting a long time to hear that one on international radio! :)

made me really sad. especially after going back in this thread and reading about what happened to his dad.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    I happened to wake up last night around 3, and they were playing it once again.
  • Options
    So, apparently Brian and Eddie share something other than a taste for good music...
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a ... 766727.jpg

And here's an up-close look at that famous tattoo:
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a ... 007330.jpg
  • Options
    1955 days as of today. By my estimate, September 22nd will be day 2000, if we don't find an answer before then.
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    1955 days as of today. By my estimate, September 22nd will be day 2000, if we don't find an answer before then.

PJ20 movie shows in Columbus on Sept 20th.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Random trivia: The date of the movie is the 19th anniversary of Drop in the Park.
  • Options
    If there are any Columbus fans willing to go have a look around, has anyone ever searched Hayden Falls Park which is around 20 minutes from where Brian was last seen?

Back Story:

Really interesting! Here's hoping that Brian turns up soon. Come back
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    If your going to the PJ20 Wishlist Pre-party tonight...
    Pick-up some info on Brian's case.
    We've got buttons and bracelets too!!!
    See you there!!!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    juliaiv wrote:
    i live in columbus and go to OSU, i've seen the fliers around campus/ my neighborhood. i had no idea he was a pj fan. :/

Yeah, I saw a sign down in the Short North (south of 5th and High, north of downtown) that mentioned the stickman and had a professional scan of the drawing (not tattoo.)

There was some talk about that he was supposed to go to Florida, I think with his girlfriend, but happened to disappear just before that.

Hopefully he's ok!

I also hope he's ok
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:
    If your going to the PJ20 Wishlist Pre-party tonight...
    Pick-up some info on Brian's case.
    We've got buttons and bracelets too!!!
    See you there!!!
    :ugeek:

Awesome! I sooo wanted to be there, but the cards didn't come together. There'll always be another show, though... besides, the more you wait between shows, the better the experience. :p I know you all are having a good time. I'm certainly living the spirit this weekend. I have the Wishlist t-shirt on now, and i'll be picking up vegetables from the CSA tomorrow morning. (I can see Stone & Ed taking part in a CSA.)

My CSA -- http://www.rockdovevegetables.com/

You guys even got a shoutout on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/findbrianshaffer

It says Thankful that Brian's information will be shared with Pearl Jam fans this weekend. Gave bracelets, buttons, business cards and postcards to be distributed. Brian loved Pearl Jam and the fans have continued their faithful support of trying to locate Brian. Thank you to each of you.....

Some of the replies:
    how wonderful of them!!! so happy for you !!!!

Hope this brings some much needed tips!

Their site is where I first heard of Brian, so glad they are helping out!
  • Options
    So, I went to a blood drive today to sort of commemorate the 2,000 days it's been since we last knew where Brian was. Unfortunately, due a series of random circumstances, the blood drive wasn't as big as what we had hoped for, but every little bit counts.

I talked to Lori there for quite a while, and we're all thankful for Dave, since he spread the word at the Wishlist party in Wisconsin a few weeks ago.

The blood drive was in a hotel, and their staff allowed Lori to put a ton of information related to Brian on the various tables located throughout the lobby and lower level. Hopefully, her work will make an impact. Someone knows something...
  • Options
    Has there been any updates?

I was on campus Saturday and saw a poster for another missing co-ed. It is a shame.
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2012
    Wondering about the answers...
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on
  • Options
    KC48939KC48939 Missoula, MT Posts: 45
    I remember when I first heard about Brian going missing so many years ago... I have been out of the Pearl Jam loop for many years and am recently coming back in - and I am sorry to see that you still haven't found him. I wish you all the best, all his friends and family. It's so hard not knowing.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    KC48939 wrote:
    I remember when I first heard about Brian going missing so many years ago... I have been out of the Pearl Jam loop for many years and am recently coming back in - and I am sorry to see that you still haven't found him. I wish you all the best, all his friends and family. It's so hard not knowing.

Yes I feel sad every time I read this thread title. I can't imagine what the family has gone though.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Brian is represented on 411gina.org site which uses musical entertainment to help draw attention for missing people. Here is his page and a link at the bottom of the page will allow you print his poster if you want to hang it around where you live:

http://www.411gina.org/brianrandallshaffer.htm
  • Options
    luanisluanis Posts: 159
    so he hasn't been found yet? :(
    Pearl Jam:
    Restelo Stadium - May 23rd 2000 ; Pavilhao Atlantico - Sep 4th 2006 ; Passeio Maritimo Alges - Jun 8th 2007 ; Optimus Alive! - Jul 10th 2010 ; NOS Alive - Jul 14th 2018

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Sudoeste Festival, Zambujeira do Mar - Aug 3rd 2012 ; Super Bock Super Rock, Meco - Jul 18th 2014
    _____
    Next?
  • Options
    luanis wrote:
    so he hasn't been found yet? :(

Negative. And thanks for checking in from Portugal. It really is comforting to know that a ton of people all over the world are aware of his situation.