Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    I know i'll be singing wrong lyrics to new songs.

If I could bring him back again...fight to bring him back again...

I still drive past Ugly Tuna a few times each week...while listening to Pearl Jam...it's literally been the only music in my car since February or so.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    always keep fighting for this. Something tells me that you'll get together again sometime. I can't imagine how this feels. I wish the best for your family.

best thoughts and love for you.

milton.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514

I still drive past Ugly Tuna a few times each week...while listening to Pearl Jam...it's literally been the only music in my car since February or so.
    and I thank you for your continued support and efforts for Brian and his family..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    "Security cameras captured video of him entering, but not leaving. There were three possible exits and two of them have cameras. The third was under heavy construction and would have been very tricky for an intoxicated person to travel through."

I remembered reading this when I heard about the Yale grad student who was murdered and found behind a wall. Have all these options been covered when it comes to searching the Ugly Tuna?
    Montreal '98, '00 & '05
    Toronto '98
    Albany '00
    Las Vegas '03
    Tampa '08
  • Options
    "Security cameras captured video of him entering, but not leaving. There were three possible exits and two of them have cameras. The third was under heavy construction and would have been very tricky for an intoxicated person to travel through."

I remembered reading this when I heard about the Yale grad student who was murdered and found behind a wall. Have all these options been covered when it comes to searching the Ugly Tuna?

Aren't investigators trained to search for where a body could be hidden?
    But if they still haven't found a body or any remains they obviously need to look more.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I'm in Columbus, and I was working today when someone came in to drop off a package for us, and I noticed his button on his shirt said "Brain Shaffer Missing 4.1.06" We spoke for a little bit about it and he said he was a friend of Brian's dad. He had an extra button so I'll be sporting it next Friday in San Diego! I hope someone figures out what happend that night!! Still so crazy to me!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

and I thank you for your continued support and efforts for Brian and his family..

It's not that the non-stop Pearl Jam is directly due to Brian, it's just how it works out without having the aux-in in my current car stereo.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    I'm in Columbus, and I was working today when someone came in to drop off a package for us, and I noticed his button on his shirt said "Brain Shaffer Missing 4.1.06" We spoke for a little bit about it and he said he was a friend of Brian's dad. He had an extra button so I'll be sporting it next Friday in San Diego! I hope someone figures out what happend that night!! Still so crazy to me!

Awesome to hear that you'll be wearing it in San Diego! Let people know about the thread too.

BTW, you can now use www.tinyurl.com/brianshaffer to tell people about this thread.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    silver39 wrote:

Awesome to hear that you'll be wearing it in San Diego! Let people know about the thread too.

BTW, you can now use http://www.tinyurl.com/brianshaffer to tell people about this thread.

Will do :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    1000 Posts later and still no sign. :cry:
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    FWIW, Brian's brother got married on August 22nd. Imagine how hard it must be for this guy to try to live a "normal" life, whatever the hell "normal" is these days for anyone. His parents and his brother should have been at his wedding.

Before I give anyone false hope, it's not the same guy, but this just happened to me:

Apparently, there was a very recent car crash in Pennsylvania involving a 32 year-old Brian Shaffer.

My personal "event timeline" went like this:

Do a Google News search for Brian Shaffer within the past day or two. (Yeah, i'm random like that. It's also how I found the article in OSU's "The Lantern" a while back.)
    See articles about car crash.
    Get real hopeful.
    See that this guy is 32.
    Do quick math. Brian was 27 when he disappeared. That puts him at 30 right now. At the time, I didn't know when his birthday was and assumed he would be 31 right now.
    Think "if you want to hide, a 31 year old could EASILY pretend to be 32."

Today, I saw another article that said the "car crash" Brian Shaffer was childhood friends with someone else in the car.

It may be little stuff like this that keeps us going on. We can't quit. Not now.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    That was bizzare, LIO.... there wasn't even a picture of the crash victim, Brian Shaffer, but his new newlywed.

Hmm.

Yeah, it's not him cuz the article said they were childhood friends and high school sweethearts... but still...

Which brings me to another question about Brian - where was he born?

Was he born in Ohio?

I ask because one could have been born in another state and lived elsewhere before living in Ohio.... who knows?

My hubby was born in Ohio, then lived in tennessee, then several other states before settling with me here in my home state.

Sorry to hear about his brother's wedding.... hard. Mixed emotions, I'd imagine...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    LIO - according to this flyer, http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/BrianShaffer.pdf

he was born on 02-11-1979

So he'd be almost 31 right now....

Hmm.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    From http://www.myspace.com/sleepinggiant

Pickerington High School 1993-1997
    Pickerington,Ohio
    Graduated: 1997
    Student status: Alumni
    Degree: High School Diploma
    Clubs: High School Tennis Team Captain

His dad graduated from Lancaster High School, which is very close to Columbus and Pickerington. I'm assuming they mean Lancaster, OH, as opposed to Lancaster, PA. If they meant PA, then they obviously would have put "PA" in the obit.
  • Options
    Yeah, that rules this guy out... just weird with the same name and similar ages.... wonder if that's a common last name? If they're related?

Dang, I know you didn't want to give out false hope....but too bad it wasn't this guy in a way... finally have a "closure" as far as knowing he wasn't dead... sigh.

I'm almost tempted to email the writer of the article and give the person the missing Brian Shaffer's picture and asking if they could find out if they're somehow related or not.... at least that writer would be aware of the missing Brian Shaffer if not already....

Keeping this case open...and hoping for more information....
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    There seems to be quite a few Brian Shaffer's in Penn... looks like it's a common last name.

Found two who's 32 year old and living in Penn:

http://www.myspace.com/417386424

But it's set to private...

Male
    32 years old
    Pennsylvania
    United States

Last Login: 11/27/2008
    Mood: evil

And this one is probably the same crash victim in the article:

http://www.myspace.com/brian66ponyboy
    Male
    32 years old
    CLAYSVILLE, Pennsylvania
    United States

Last Login: 9/27/2006

This one only has one friend - Tom that we all are friends with - and no pictures.

Weird, yeah...

Well that's it for today.... too bad we got derailed here on his case... boo. :(
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    I'm almost tempted to email the writer of the article and give the person the missing Brian Shaffer's picture and asking if they could find out if they're somehow related or not.... at least that writer would be aware of the missing Brian Shaffer if not already....

Keeping this case open...and hoping for more information....

You might as well email him. What would it hurt?
  • Options
    Well, today's "Brian Shaffer" Google News search reveals two others, one of which was arrested for dealing heroin!

I did see a "work van" at OSU today with a "Brian Shaffer, missing since 4-1-06" sticker on the rear window. It was one of those vans with the ladder racks on the top, so it obviously gets around. It's comforting in a way to know that we're not the only ones still hunting.
  • Options
    I was just reading a bit more about this, and I didn't realize until now that Brian has a brother, Derek. How awful for him to be the only one left after 3 short years of tragedy after tragedy. How this guy is going to cope is beyond my comprehension. Peace be with you, Derek.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Well, today's "Brian Shaffer" Google News search reveals two others, one of which was arrested for dealing heroin!

I did see a "work van" at OSU today with a "Brian Shaffer, missing since 4-1-06" sticker on the rear window. It was one of those vans with the ladder racks on the top, so it obviously gets around. It's comforting in a way to know that we're not the only ones still hunting.
    This is probably not going to win awards but has anyone considered that just maybe Brian did get into heroin and that is him who was busted? Has anyone searched and looked at that guy's pic?
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    I just found this youtube. It's from a while ago, and i'm sure a lot of us have already seen it, but I just thought it would be nice to re-post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50sB89uG8

http://www.briansprediction.com/gale/BrianShaffer.htm
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    I wonder why PJ never did something like this:

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/arch ... 95406.aspx
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    LukinFan wrote:

this is a great idea..its not difficult
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

This girl went missing at their concert so Metallica may feel responsible or guilty (even though they shouldn't).

Brian was a Pearl Jam fan who's disappearance had nothing to do with the band itself.

Ed did mention Brian's case in concert when he first disappeared though.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

This girl went missing at their concert so Metallica may feel responsible or guilty (even though they shouldn't).

Brian was a Pearl Jam fan who's disappearance had nothing to do with the band itself.

Ed did mention Brian's case in concert when he first disappeared though.

Good points, but another mention from the band wouldn't hurt. The video is from their Cincinnati concert in 2006. I don't have the exact date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    Sad, I saw this on TV and saw the tattoo.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Have the genders of victims from the 'Death House' in Cleveland all been women? (Cleveland is fairly close to Columbus)
  • Options
    I was unpacking some boxes last night, just moved, and came across some stuff Randy had sent me, and his obituary. It really brought tears to my eyes. This situation has bugged me since Day #1..I just cant grasp the whole situation and NO answers..NO more news from the private investigator either. He is really after Clint though. He wants him to tell what he knows, but other than that, it seems that the family is just moving forward with their lives.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Have the genders of victims from the 'Death House' in Cleveland all been women? (Cleveland is fairly close to Columbus)

So far, no men have been found. I think the last count was 11 women. :(