Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,241
    Kat wrote:
    You can consider this thread as a light in the window. Please just skip over it when you're looking for a discussion thread, thank you.

you rock Kat - I love that this is still a sticky. "never give up the fight until the fight is done."
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Kat wrote:
    You can consider this thread as a light in the window. Please just skip over it when you're looking for a discussion thread, thank you.
    Thank YOU Kat for your compassion and understanding. We all need a little bit of hope in our lives...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    MH80359 wrote:
    time to let go people.

sorry for the loss but we must move on...............

i want to say something very rude to you, but i won't.

someone out there has to have information about this man, and the fact that this thread has such a prominent place on the board makes me not only proud to be a member of this community, but reassured that there are people out there who are effected enough by the tragedies of other's to go out of their way to help in any way that they can.

+1, Thank you NothingIsEverything! Perfect username!

And I LOVE that line! (Lately we have been going down the shitty toilet in this state of Michigan so fast - we always already knew what was really important, but to actually feel more what is really important after losing jobs, filing bankruptcy, on our toes not knowing how much longer we'd stay in this house and those type of unsure moments...that line is even more powerful).

And this is for MH80359 - I have had several personal messages from people close to Brian, including his father Randy...that it meant a lot to them keeping this thread alive and sticky on the PJ board, a favorite band of Brian's and that gave them a feeling of hope and I think also a sense of him still being around in the PJ community who continue to keep his spirit alive and keep hope floating....

Thanks Kat and Lisa... thank you! :):)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    MH80359 wrote:
    time to let go people.

sorry for the loss but we must move on...............

i want to say something very rude to you, but i won't.

someone out there has to have information about this man, and the fact that this thread has such a prominent place on the board makes me not only proud to be a member of this community, but reassured that there are people out there who are effected enough by the tragedies of other's to go out of their way to help in any way that they can.

+1, Thank you NothingIsEverything! Perfect username!

And I LOVE that line! (Lately we have been going down the shitty toilet in this state of Michigan so fast - we always already knew what was really important, but to actually feel more what is really important after losing jobs, filing bankruptcy, on our toes not knowing how much longer we'd stay in this house and those type of unsure moments...that line is even more powerful).

And this is for MH80359 - I have had several personal messages from people close to Brian, including his father Randy...that it meant a lot to them keeping this thread alive and sticky on the PJ board, a favorite band of Brian's and that gave them a feeling of hope and I think also a sense of him still being around in the PJ community who continue to keep his spirit alive and keep hope floating....

Thanks Kat and Lisa... thank you! :):)
    Everyone is struggling in their own way. It makes me realize just how fortunate I am, even though my life is pretty shitty right now. I am greatful for my life and what I still have.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    1) Thanks to Kat and everyone else for their support and keeping this thread stuck. The people who want the thread unstuck...Next time, this could be someone you know.

2) I just added Brian as a friend on facebook. Let's see what happens.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    Kat wrote:
    great thought,,really ,,thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I really hope Brian makes it home okay but how can he be alive and not contact anyone it makes no sense to me.
    I wish the best of luck to the investigation and my deepest sympathy to his family, suchha sad situation.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Kat wrote:

very well said. like everyone else, i am hopeful.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    http://stopcrime.org/wp-content/uploads ... affer1.pdf

That's to the most current "missing poster." Please feel free to print it out and distribute as you wish. Just make sure you get permission where needed before displaying.

The older one (http://medicine.osu.edu/brianshaffer/Brian_Shaffer.pdf) is still current as well.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Central Ohio Crime Stoppers is changing its main phone number to 614-461-8477. While interacting in the community, it was brought to our attention that possible vital information is being withheld due to the existing number’s link with the Columbus Police. Crime Stoppers wants the community to understand that we are not the Police, but we work with law enforcement agencies. The existing number, 645-8477, will remain in effect for the next 60 days; however, we are requesting all media to reference the new number. Any questions, please contact Kevin Miles, Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, at 614-206-6315.

Once again, the new number is 614-461-8477, and you can remain anonymous.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I just added Brian as a friend on facebook. Let's see what happens.
    What's the point of that?
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    aNiMaL wrote:
    to see if he accepts the friend request and thats a sign that hes alive somewhere. my take on this all along is that he pulled a chris McCandless and went "into the wild".
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    to see if he accepts the friend request and thats a sign that hes alive somewhere. my take on this all along is that he pulled a chris McCandless and went "into the wild".

hopefully this dude was smart and took a map unlike McCandless
  • Options
    MD53409MD53409 Posts: 83
    With all due respect to the missing person and the efforts to find them, you think they went into the wild but will be facebooking? kinda funny.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (August 16, 1992), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (August 25, 1998),Virginia Beach, Virginia (August 03, 2000),Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000),Columbia, Maryland (September 04, 2000),Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (September 05, 2000),Auburn Hills, Michigan (October 07, 2000),Seattle, Washington (November 05, 2000),Seattle, Washington (November 06, 2000),Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001),Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001),Seattle, Washington (October 22, 2001),Seattle, Washington (December 08, 2002),Seattle, Washington (December 09, 2002),Cleveland, Ohio (April 25, 2003),Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (April 26, 2003),State College, Pennsylvania (May 03, 2003),Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),East Troy, Wisconsin (June 21, 2003),Toronto, Ontario (June 28, 2003),Camden, New Jersey (July 05, 2003),  Camden, New Jersey (July 06, 2003),New York, New York (July 08, 2003),New York, New York (July 09, 2003),Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11, 2003),Hershey, Pennsylvania (July 12, 2003),Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003),Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004),Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004),Reading, Pennsylvania (October 01, 2004), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (September 28, 2005),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 03, 2005),Chicago, Illinois (October 05, 2005),Cleveland, OH (May 20, 2006),Camden, New Jersey (May 27, 2006),Camden, New Jersey (May 28, 2006),Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006),E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006),  E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006),Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (June 23, 2006),Cincinnati, Ohio (June 24, 2006),Washington, D.C. (June 22, 2008),New York, New York (June 24, 2008),New York, New York (June 25, 2008),Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009),Chicago, Illinois (August 24, 2009),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 27, 2009),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 28, 2009), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 30, 2009),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 31, 2009),Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010),Cleveland, OH (May 09, 2010),East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011),Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011),Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012),Pittsburgh, PA (October 11, 2013),Brooklyn, NY (October 18, 2013),Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013),New York 1 (May 01, 2016),New York 2 (May 02, 2016),Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016),Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016),Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018)
    Ed Solo Washington DC August 16 & 17 2008, Baltimore June 14 & 15 2009, Atlanta June 23 & 24 2009 Chicago June 28 & 29 2011, St. Louis July 1 2011, OHANAFest Dana Point Ca September 29, 2018
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    MD53409 wrote:
    With all due respect to the missing person and the efforts to find them, you think they went into the wild but will be facebooking? kinda funny.

one hell of a dick of a first post...
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Thank you Kat. Glad to see this is still an active thread. I often think about Brian and his father, more so now that my son has become a teenager and is starting to attend concerts (although I'm there with him). I still hold hope he remains in a good place and at peace.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i didnt have time to read this whole thing but i read a link to a forum that had an article saying his best friend wouldnt take a polygraph and that his attorney, or a attorney says he is alive and the best friend knows about it?

this thing was posted in April of this year, anyone know anything about this?

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=703.60s

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/s ... 7043.shtml

just bizarre this is even 3 years later...what a shame what this family has gone thru regardless
  • Options
    That all does seem to be right.

He does have a friend that refused to take a polygraph. IIRC, polygraphs can't be held up as evidence in court, if they're the only evidence...they have to be accompanied by other evidence. (Don't take that as 100% truth though.)

One of the feelings is that someone does know something, but won't say what they know... perhaps that's why they won't take the polygraph.

There was a recent interview done with the private investigator who feels as if Brian is alive. (Honestly, I think he may be right. There's been no body, no ransom note, no wallet, ID, or anything else turning up.)
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    If people are trying to find your best friend and you refuse TWICE to take a polygraph you become a suspect in my book.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    If people are trying to find your best friend and you refuse TWICE to take a polygraph you become a suspect in my book.

Here's what I don't get:

If it's a "Into The Wild" situation, and the friends know that, why don't they just come out and say so? After all, the friends certainly must realize that there's a huge cloud of suspicion over their heads, right?

I don't think Brian is dead. If he WERE dead, then there'd probably be stuff turning up (wallet, cell phone, keys, etc.) There may be a ransom note, etc. There've been a couple internet postings claiming various things, but they've all been hoaxes.

Still, I can't help shake the feeling that his friends know something. Someone certainly must know something, no matter how little and unimportant it may seem, and someone's not talking.

If only Randy could somehow leave us a sign. He and Brian's mom know where Brian is.
  • Options
    Hey.

This story was in my local paper today and despite it's obvious similarities to "Into The Wild," I couldn't help but think that the outcome from this one might bring a little bit of hope to those that are still involved.

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/615473
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    Hey.

This story was in my local paper today and despite it's obvious similarities to "Into The Wild," I couldn't help but think that the outcome from this one might bring a little bit of hope to those that are still involved.

wow that is a crazy story...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    MD53409MD53409 Posts: 83
    MD53409 wrote:

one hell of a dick of a first post...

Sorry, guess that sounded less bad in my head. I just had this picture in my head of Chris McCandless in that bus with a blackberry and chuckled. Should have kept it to myself but I didn't mean any harm. Again, sorry.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (August 16, 1992), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (August 25, 1998),Virginia Beach, Virginia (August 03, 2000),Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000),Columbia, Maryland (September 04, 2000),Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (September 05, 2000),Auburn Hills, Michigan (October 07, 2000),Seattle, Washington (November 05, 2000),Seattle, Washington (November 06, 2000),Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001),Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001),Seattle, Washington (October 22, 2001),Seattle, Washington (December 08, 2002),Seattle, Washington (December 09, 2002),Cleveland, Ohio (April 25, 2003),Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (April 26, 2003),State College, Pennsylvania (May 03, 2003),Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),East Troy, Wisconsin (June 21, 2003),Toronto, Ontario (June 28, 2003),Camden, New Jersey (July 05, 2003),  Camden, New Jersey (July 06, 2003),New York, New York (July 08, 2003),New York, New York (July 09, 2003),Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11, 2003),Hershey, Pennsylvania (July 12, 2003),Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003),Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004),Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004),Reading, Pennsylvania (October 01, 2004), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (September 28, 2005),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 03, 2005),Chicago, Illinois (October 05, 2005),Cleveland, OH (May 20, 2006),Camden, New Jersey (May 27, 2006),Camden, New Jersey (May 28, 2006),Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006),E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006),  E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006),Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (June 23, 2006),Cincinnati, Ohio (June 24, 2006),Washington, D.C. (June 22, 2008),New York, New York (June 24, 2008),New York, New York (June 25, 2008),Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009),Chicago, Illinois (August 24, 2009),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 27, 2009),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 28, 2009), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 30, 2009),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 31, 2009),Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010),Cleveland, OH (May 09, 2010),East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011),Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011),Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012),Pittsburgh, PA (October 11, 2013),Brooklyn, NY (October 18, 2013),Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013),New York 1 (May 01, 2016),New York 2 (May 02, 2016),Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016),Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016),Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018)
    Ed Solo Washington DC August 16 & 17 2008, Baltimore June 14 & 15 2009, Atlanta June 23 & 24 2009 Chicago June 28 & 29 2011, St. Louis July 1 2011, OHANAFest Dana Point Ca September 29, 2018
  • Options
    Hey.

This has to be the answer.

Logically speaking (or at least TRYING to speak logically), we've had no signs of a murder. No body, no wallet found, no answers on the cell phone, no note from any kidnappers/murders.

We can't give up hope until we know for sure, but what else do we have to go on?
  • Options
    I have emailed yahamita about any "Into The Wild" connection. She's gonna email the investigator and then get back to me.

IIRC, Brian was feeling some stress and panic before he disappeared, due to the death of his mother. Could we be on to something here?

Meanwhile if anyone is attending the upcoming shows, please print out flyers to distribute at the shows...but get venue permission before you hand them out...some venues may have different policies regarding information being passed out.
  • Options
    I have emailed yahamita about any "Into The Wild" connection. She's gonna email the investigator and then get back to me.

IIRC, Brian was feeling some stress and panic before he disappeared, due to the death of his mother. Could we be on to something here?

Meanwhile if anyone is attending the upcoming shows, please print out flyers to distribute at the shows...but get venue permission before you hand them out...some venues may have different policies regarding information being passed out.
    Dan doesn't feel Brian took off "Into the Wild". He also got a big fat NO from America's Most Wanted when we asked them to air Brians story. It's hard with Randy being gone, we just don't have connection anymore where we can just pick up the phone and call and discuss the case, but please pass out flyers at the shows, whatever we can do to still get the word out. I need to get ahold of Laura too and see about posting things at the preparties. Still baffles me. I look at Randy's smiling pic on my frig...I never stop thinking of him and Brian..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    I hope they find brian safe! my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    really sucks that there is no peace in this case yet :(
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    One year today since Randy's death, September 14, 2008.

:(

Today is also the day my oldest daughter turns 14.

I really wish we could have more information that would give us strong leads....so we can finally close the case.

3 1/2 years and counting.... *sighs*
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    :(
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008