Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Thanks for jumping into this thread! It is the most bizarre situation. I will post more info as it becomes available.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    yahamita wrote:
    UPDATE:
    I received an email from the investigator, and here is the GREAT NEWS!!!..

Lisa: Good to hear from you. I just received a confirmation card from AMW that they are reviewing Brian's case and plan on airing it. I shipped an investigative summary to them 2 months ago. It looks like it will be aired. Their has been no other activity to date. The Bodyhunter television segment on Brian where Randy was interviewed at length is now complete and I should have a copy next week. Let's stay in touch.

that is awesome! this sort of thing would also fit well into an Unsolved Mysteries type of show also
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    spat wrote:
    yahamita wrote:
    UPDATE:
    I received an email from the investigator, and here is the GREAT NEWS!!!..

Lisa: Good to hear from you. I just received a confirmation card from AMW that they are reviewing Brian's case and plan on airing it. I shipped an investigative summary to them 2 months ago. It looks like it will be aired. Their has been no other activity to date. The Bodyhunter television segment on Brian where Randy was interviewed at length is now complete and I should have a copy next week. Let's stay in touch.

that is awesome! this sort of thing would also fit well into an Unsolved Mysteries type of show also

wtf ever happened to that show anyhow?

i can't believe there is still no word on his whereabouts :(
  • THank God.......prayers do work TRUST
  • Maybe it was a planed out thing where he didn't want to get married. Doesn't sound like it. did he have pyscological problems? Hopefully he finds his way.
  • lawguy wrote:
    I am a long time reader of the board, but I dont post too often. For whatever reason, I never clicked on this thread til tonight. I tried to pick up the basic points, but I am sure I am missing a lot of info, but this is a very interesting case.

A couple of thoughts have popped into my head about all this.

1) They said that there were 3 exits to this bar and 2 had cameras. Even if the Brian left out of the 3rd entrance, then I would have to feel that there are other cameras from other buildings, businesses, atm's, etc. I have never been to Columbus, but in this day and age I am surprised that there were no other cameras in the area that caught him after he left the bar for the last time.

2) I am not sure about how Clint and Meredith fit into all this. I have read that they were with Brian on that last night and that their stories have changed. I have not found what their stories were or how much they changed but this sounds suspicious. The theory that Clint and Brian were having a sexual relationship is interesting. A large majority of crimes, if a crime did occur in this instance, are crimes of passion. Spouses, friends, and business partners and such are always the first suspects in crimes. That could be a plausible reason as to "why" if this Clint person is involved in any wrong doing. With that being said, no one ever knows how they would react if a friend disappeared after a night of drinking together. I am guessing the two friends lives were turned upside down becuase of this, so who knows how one reacts in that situation. I would probably move away too.

3) Thats so damn sad about what happened to his father. How can so much bad luck be centered on one family?

4) That is good news if Americas Most Wanted will be doing a story on this. That will get people talking again. A sad byproduct of that is all the lame people who decide to call with bs leads and such. The same type of people that make a fake post to an online obit. The key will be sifting through all the crazy people out there. There will probably be calls from all 50 states about someone who swears they saw Brian pumping gas or something. It is worth it though. All it takes is one lead to break open a case.

Ok, I just thought I would throw in my two cents. I feel a little bad now that I have seen the sticky post for two years, or however long its been up, and never clicked on it til tonight.

I think that third exit might have been a maintenance exit or "back way" out. It could have been locked, but it sounds like any intoxicated person (as Brian was) would have had a very hard time navigating that path.

I'm not sure, but I think the "sexual relationshoip " theory between Brian and Clint was debunked.

As for Brian's family, all that's left is his brother. So sad. :(

Don't feel bad about not clicking on the thread. Every new face is a good face. We're glad you found us.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Hi,

I just read through this and wow...really don't know what to say other than good luck.

I can't help but think of the parallels between this story and "Into the Wild," where the young man just disappeared. Any chance Brian just wanted to fade away and not be found? Seems unlikely in this day and age that something like that could happen, but who knows.

Again, very best of luck to you.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Washed wrote:
    Hi,

I just read through this and wow...really don't know what to say other than good luck.

I can't help but think of the parallels between this story and "Into the Wild," where the young man just disappeared. Any chance Brian just wanted to fade away and not be found? Seems unlikely in this day and age that something like that could happen, but who knows.

That's been my thought more than once. There's been no sign of any foul play, his credit cards haven't had any activity, his ID hasn't been found, or anything like that. He was seen, and then he was gone.

Maybe this is a good sign here, or maybe it's nothing. Last spring, I had a friend leave this world. Last night, the friend appeared to me in a dream. I managed to ask him about Brian...I didn't even know if my friend was aware about Brian's story. Anyway, he said that he hadn't seen Brian "up there." I have no idea what the hell this all means, but i'm taking at a sign that Brian is still alive.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Washed wrote:
    Hi,

That's been my thought more than once. There's been no sign of any foul play, his credit cards haven't had any activity, his ID hasn't been found, or anything like that. He was seen, and then he was gone.

Maybe this is a good sign here, or maybe it's nothing. Last spring, I had a friend leave this world. Last night, the friend appeared to me in a dream. I managed to ask him about Brian...I didn't even know if my friend was aware about Brian's story. Anyway, he said that he hadn't seen Brian "up there." I have no idea what the hell this all means, but i'm taking at a sign that Brian is still alive.

wow, that gave me chills!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • I know!

Even though my friend "hadn't really looked" for Brian, I think it's a good sign.

(If you believe in the meanings of dreams and take these types of things literally. I'll still take it as a hint not to give up the cause.)

Hopefully there'll be a "Part Two" sometime, but I can't control these things, ya know?
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Do you know when AMW will air it?
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

Do you know when AMW will air it?
    I do not have a definite date yet..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    America's Most Wanted will be airing soon. I got the message yesterday. and NOT to cause an uproar just yet, the exact words in an email I received from the investigator said HE BELIEVES BRIAN IS ALIVE AND OUT THERE"...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • yahamita wrote:
    America's Most Wanted will be airing soon. I got the message yesterday. and NOT to cause an uproar just yet, the exact words in an email I received from the investigator said HE BELIEVES BRIAN IS ALIVE AND OUT THERE"...

Really? Awesome. Can't wait to hear more.
  • judjud Posts: 13
    has anyone found out anything? i work in columbus and have talked to people about brian and the bad luck his family has had. i guess two other people (guys) have disapeared since. There are some sick people in columbus, remember jeff dahmer was an osu student. strange,sad. I hope he's selling t-shirts out of a grass shack with a cool drink and a fatty.
    jdc
  • Wait, did Brian commit a crime of some sort or do they have an idea of a crime being committed? I guess I'm just trying to figure out why this is going to be run on AMW...not that I think exposure to this situation is a bad thing.
    Wait, did Brian commit a crime of some sort or do they have an idea of a crime being committed? I guess I'm just trying to figure out why this is going to be run on AMW...not that I think exposure to this situation is a bad thing.

my thoughts exactly, which is why this case would be better fit into an unsolved mysteries type of show, but either way i think its great his story will get out there nationwide
  • hearts and thoughts don't fade away,stay well Brian
    "Research your own experiences for the truth...Absorb what is useful...Add what is specifically your own...The creating individual is more important than any style or system" Bruce Lee
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,807
    Three years ago yesterday. (April 1st, 2006.)

The local Columbus news did a story reminding everyone. They aired his photo and said the $25,000 (I think that's what it is) reward is still out there and if anyone thinks they may know anything, no matter how small, to contact the Crime Stoppers people at the information below. Yes, you can remain anonymous:

Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, Inc.
    PO Box 16038
    Columbus, OH 43216

Phone: (614) 645-8477
    Toll Free: 1 (877) 645-8477
    Email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@stopcrime.org">info@stopcrime.org</a><!-- e -->

I think we've already been over this, but the Central Ohio Crime Stoppers has a page for Randy:

http://stopcrime.org/?page_id=361
  • they find him yet?
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Wow! Its been that long already. It must be hard for his loved ones to stay optimistic. You'd think something would have been found by now. Its just so sad to not know. I wish Nancy Grace would get on this case and go non-stop 'til something emerges, like she does on some cases. She does seem to get to the bottom of things once she gets single minded on it.
    Three years ago yesterday. (April 1st, 2006.)

The local Columbus news did a story reminding everyone. They aired his photo and said the $25,000 (I think that's what it is) reward is still out there and if anyone thinks they may know anything, no matter how small, to contact the Crime Stoppers people at the information below. Yes, you can remain anonymous:

Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, Inc.
    PO Box 16038
    Columbus, OH 43216

Phone: (614) 645-8477
    Toll Free: 1 (877) 645-8477
    Email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@stopcrime.org">info@stopcrime.org</a><!-- e -->

I think we've already been over this, but the Central Ohio Crime Stoppers has a page for Randy:

http://stopcrime.org/?page_id=361
    Save room for dessert!
  • I can't see how this happens....
  • BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    Today's Ohio State student newspaper, The Lantern, has a banner across the front page of today's edition that says "COMING TUESDAY Missing med student alive, lawyer says" Anyone know if this is about Brian?
  • I believe it is.
  • mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    I believe it is.

Anybody have a copy of that? I go to OSU, but it's a matter of personal health that I do not touch a copy of the lantern.
    Well, I got past my distaste for the Lantern, and here, for everyone, THIS IS THE LATEST INFORMATION!!!:

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/s ... 7043.shtml

I was going to type out everything, but I figured everyone might want to read it on their own.
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    mrshock13 wrote:
    Well, I got past my distaste for the Lantern, and here, for everyone, THIS IS THE LATEST INFORMATION!!!:

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/s ... 7043.shtml

I was going to type out everything, but I figured everyone might want to read it on their own.

thanks for posting that...3 years ago already, wow...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    Very interesting...Seems a bit sketchy...
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    Very interesting...Seems a bit sketchy...

Yeah, it really does. I'm kind of wondering how long, if ever, it will take for someone or something to be revealed and end this 3 year search.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,807
    I just randomly typed "Brian Shaffer" into Google and saw the article. I was coming here to post it, but it is GREAT to see that other people still care.

:)

BTW, TinyURL.com (a great site) now has a feature wehre you can make your own extensions.

www.tinyurl.com/brianshafferapril13 (Easy to use and hopefully easy to remember.)