Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    I don't want anyone to rehash this, but I don't know that there is any way I can decypher everything in the thread. Could someone post a synopsis of what's going on with this, potential theories. I kept up with it for a long time but haven't been able to lately and was wondering if someone could just put a brief synopsis if there have been any advancements or an internet link would be great and also any ways to help the cause. This is absolutely heartbreaking and my heart goes out to those close to this that have had to endure. Thanks

Read the first post. ;)
    Then read from here on.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Woah.

I was reading the first post, specifically the part about who everyone is. I was at the "Other People" part when all of a sudden, on the radio comes "I seem to recognize...your face..."

A sign from someone more powerful than I?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Woah.

I was reading the first post, specifically the part about who everyone is. I was at the "Other People" part when all of a sudden, on the radio comes "I seem to recognize...your face..."

A sign from someone more powerful than I?
    ok, I just got chills up the back of my neck!
    I will contact the investigator, and see if there are any updates I can post today..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    ok, I just got chills up the back of my neck!
    I will contact the investigator, and see if there are any updates I can post today..

any updates?
  • Options
    krissypj wrote:
    any updates?
    This is the email I received this morning....

Lisa: The "gay" angle was looked into but was not substantiated by any individuals interviewed. No specific information received revealed any homosexul activity. The CPD (as usual) failed to release any further information on the location where the email was sent from or where the cadaver dogs searched. I am still awaiting a response from Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien on the Writ of Mandamus. I'll be in touch!!!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    Ok, if the fathers obit post "I Love You Dad - Brian, Virgin Islands" was made from a computer in Brians own hometown... then Brian himself certainly didn't make the post as he could not hide in his own hometown for this long. And we know that whoever posted the message didn't actually do it from the Virgin Islands since they traced the message to OH... which seems to leave one of three scenarios:

1) someone posted it as a really fucked up joke, but knows nothing about anything related to his disappearance

2) someone who knows firsthand that Brian is deceased and / or had something to do with his death / disappearance and is trying to deflect investigators and send them a different direction to protect themselves or someone they know.

3) someone who knows that Brian is alive and well and living in the Virgin Islands and wanted to absolve some of their guilt of not coming forward with what they know. if they know he is out there in hiding and they feel guilty that this is all happening and that people are worried despite him being ok, and doesn't want to betray their friends trust, the secrecy, whatever... by posting that message they are anonymously putting a clue out there as to where he is living.

in two out of three options, the person who posted the message knows something.

plus there has got to be a reason why they purposely went to a public library to post the message, so that they couldn't be tracked. an idiot with no inside knowledge of Brians disappearance and just trying to make a bad joke might not go to such lengths. but someone who knows what happened but isn't saying would definitely want to be untraceable. but if they want to be untraceable, then what are their motives for posting in the first place? to send people to the virgin islands to look for him, regardless of if he is alive or dead... if he was alive and truly hiding there, the person might not give away his location nor feel the need to even include that portion, ie. a simple message that made the reader think "hey look brian might be alive" would suffice without needing to point to a particular place. so... the inclusion of Virgin Islands in the post makes me think that someone is purposely trying to steer investigators that direction... either because Brian is in hiding there and this person wants him to be found, or perhaps more likely to deflect blame and steer people away from someone who may be guilty... this seems more likely to me when you consider that the mystery person purposely referenced the Virgin Islands location AND wanted to be anonymous badly enough to head down to a public library to post the obit message...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,167
    moyboy wrote:
    Ok, if the fathers obit post "I Love You Dad - Brian, Virgin Islands" was made from a computer in Brians own hometown... then Brian himself certainly didn't make the post as he could not hide in his own hometown for this long. And we know that whoever posted the message didn't actually do it from the Virgin Islands since they traced the message to OH... which seems to leave one of three scenarios:

1) someone posted it as a really fucked up joke, but knows nothing about anything related to his disappearance

2) someone who knows firsthand that Brian is deceased and / or had something to do with his death / disappearance and is trying to deflect investigators and send them a different direction to protect themselves or someone they know.

3) someone who knows that Brian is alive and well and living in the Virgin Islands and wanted to absolve some of their guilt of not coming forward with what they know. if they know he is out there in hiding and they feel guilty that this is all happening and that people are worried despite him being ok, and doesn't want to betray their friends trust, the secrecy, whatever... by posting that message they are anonymously putting a clue out there as to where he is living.

plus there has got to be a reason why they purposely went to a public library to post the message, so that they couldn't be tracked. an idiot with no inside knowledge of Brians disappearance and just trying to make a bad joke might not go to such lengths. but someone who knows what happened but isn't saying would definitely want to be untraceable. but if they want to be untraceable, then what are their motives for posting in the first place? to send people to the virgin islands to look for him, regardless of if he is alive or dead... if he was alive and truly hiding there, the person might not give away his location nor feel the need to even include that portion, ie. a simple message that made the reader think "hey look brian might be alive" would suffice without needing to point to a particular place. so... the inclusion of Virgin Islands in the post makes me think that someone is purposely trying to steer investigators that direction... either because Brian is in hiding there and this person wants him to be found, or perhaps more likely to deflect blame and steer people away from someone who may be guilty... this seems more likely to me when you consider that the mystery person purposely referenced the Virgin Islands location AND wanted to be anonymous badly enough to head down to a public library to post the obit message...
    The public library here in columbus requires a card with your name and you have to sign in to a specific computer.All completely traceable records, unless they stole someone elses card.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The public library here in columbus requires a card with your name and you have to sign in to a specific computer.All completely traceable records, unless they stole someone elses card.
    WHOA!!!! Then why can't they find the idiot who wrote that? I'll ask the investigator that question!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    WHOA!!!! Then why can't they find the idiot who wrote that? I'll ask the investigator that question!
    YEP. have to sign in and everything. Plus time on the post would corespond with users for that same time.It may be difficult to trace though as we have a bunch of libraries tied into the Main server. But I would think they COULD trace to a specific computer and branch.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    YEP. have to sign in and everything. Plus time on the post would corespond with users for that same time.It may be difficult to trace though as we have a bunch of libraries tied into the Main server. But I would think they COULD trace to a specific computer and branch.
    Long shot, is there a camera in the library that records everyone coming and goin?

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Long shot, is there a camera in the library that records everyone coming and goin?
    well we have multiple branches but I seem to recall that they might in the parking lots. Could very well be inside too. Been awhile since I've been to one here.

• Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Once in a while I have a look in this thread, and read in amazement.
    This time it is too much.
    Randy passed away....thats just unbelievable. After all this and then he dies in such a way. Even for a movie script this would be too much :( .

I am sorry for his loss, a lot of strenght for his family and friends. Also to the ppl on here who knew him.

Than all the ideas about what happened to Brian. I can see that they open up new directions, but honestly we dont have a clue as we dont have all the details.

Brian still alive and sending a post.... that is just...wow. I just cant believe that at all. I dont want to be a pessimist, but how can you do such a thing and why announce it like that. I think it is a prank.
    As some said a lot of talk has been going around, so more ppl knew about the Virgin Islands. People can do harsh things.

It does seem to me however that the police has not examined all the details at the bases of this story, namely the night he dissapeared and his 'friends'.
    Or that they dont want to make everything known until they hold all the cards.

Incredible story, hope the answers will be found and Brian is ok.

Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Cuidate Mucho!
    X Francisca.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Always checking in here to see if there's any updates, but I found it real interesting about the library card and cameras and such....Maybe that could lead to somewhere, because really that post that has Brian's name on it is really fucking with my mind, it just makes me think of so many assumptions and conclusions....I really hope something turns up...
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    moyboy wrote:

Not everyone has a computer with internet access...some people HAVE to use public terminals, because that's all they have.

Still, I think a check of library card useage would be the next step...look at everyone who had a computer at that time...did any of those people know Brian?
  • Options
    moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    Not everyone has a computer with internet access...some people HAVE to use public terminals, because that's all they have.

yeah, i know this all too well since i work with homeless kids... BUT the point is that the message was pinpointed to have come from a library computer and regardless of whether they needed to or wanted to, they still specifically went to that library to do it. this seems to imply that it wasn't a case of some bored kid sitting at home and posting without much thought from a laptop in his bedroom. this person either went to the public library to post that message so that they couldn't be traced as easily OR, as you said, because their only access to computers is there... either way, it seems likely that the person specifically went to the library with the sole intent of posting that message. and I would hope that the library has some kind of system in place to track who is using their systems and what other websites that user may have visited at the time that the message was made... ?
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I can't sleep so I thought I'd check this thread for updates. I started reading the first few pages... and I'm so absorbed with this case. I don't know the guy, but it's still really upsetting. This guy is one of us! I hope some piece of the puzzle is discovered...maybe with the two random "friends". (And, no, I'm not the same Meredith, I've never even been to Ohio.)

Lost_In_Ohio, do I understand that you're friends with him? My heart goes out to you.

Lisa, your passion for Brian's disappearance is admirable!

Lastly, I just want to see that I feel horrible for Brian's family members. His parents are both gone, he's missing...it seems like it would be too much to bare.

I really hope with all my heart that he is found and his friends and family get some answers.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I can't sleep so I thought I'd check this thread for updates. I started reading the first few pages... and I'm so absorbed with this case. I don't know the guy, but it's still really upsetting. This guy is one of us! I hope some piece of the puzzle is discovered...maybe with the two random "friends". (And, no, I'm not the same Meredith, I've never even been to Ohio.)

Lost_In_Ohio, do I understand that you're friends with him? My heart goes out to you.

Lisa, your passion for Brian's disappearance is admirable!

Lastly, I just want to see that I feel horrible for Brian's family members. His parents are both gone, he's missing...it seems like it would be too much to bare.

I really hope with all my heart that he is found and his friends and family get some answers.
    Hey Mer, thanks for checking in on this case. It is one of the most baffling things I have ever tried to wrap my brain around. I'll check in this am with the investigator,and see if anything new has developed.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    still no leads? :(
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I'm sorry if this was answered before but has this been case ever relayed to any of the news shows on any of the TV networks? (20/20, 60secs..etc)
    Absolutely! Was really hoping America's Most Wanted would have run the story by now. I need to get back in contact with them and see what is going on, but yes, this case has been on several shows, and the info sent to many.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options

I never once met the guy, but did have the honor of meeting Randy (Brian's dad) this past summer at the CrimeStoppers event.

I do have connections to OSU (where Brian was attending medical school), and once I heard he was a Pearl Jam fan, I quickly came to the forum. Never once did I think that my post would lead to the huge effort that has been happening. Buttons, t-shirts, even the band mentioned his story at the Cincinnati show a few years ago.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Not all Franklin County libraries require a card. I'm fairly certain the Westerville Library does not.
    Once more, the report said 'public computer'. This could be any spot in town that offers free WiFi, such as a Panera Bread or the Airport.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    I just had a sudden, random thought. Maybe someone with more skills than I have wouldn't mind putting something about this on wikipedia?
  • Options
    this thread needs to lose it's stickiness.... sorry, but you guys can bump it
    the Minions
  • Options
    Kat,

You know, A Faceless Man has a point, this guy is getting special attention. Why not open it up by putting a Lost Dogs section on the website? (excuse the awful name, I don't mean to be crass)

A global website used by thousands of fans with such a section might just help bring somenoe home one day.

Good luck with the search.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    Just checking in.

No, I haven't forgotten any of you, or Brian.

I was just on Brian's MySpace (www.myspace.com/sleepinggiant), and according to one of the comments, one of his cousins died on October 17th. I don't know anything related to this, other than what's on this post.

Hopefully 2009 will be the year of good luck for this family.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I will be contacting the investigator to see if there is anymore info available to share with the community. I apologize for not being on here soon, but to tell you the truth, I really don't like the new site and haven't been on at all..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    yahamita wrote:
    Hey everyone. I will be contacting the investigator to see if there is anymore info available to share with the community. I apologize for not being on here soon, but to tell you the truth, I really don't like the new site and haven't been on at all..

Hi Yahamita! Well, we just got through stressful holidays so hopefully things are settling down.

I hope you will come back and in time, you'll like the new home. It's unique and different. :)

We all appreciate your hard work keeping us informed.

But *you* are the most important to take care of first, then everything else second.

Looking forward to the next update on this case.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    I received an email from the investigator, and here is the GREAT NEWS!!!..

Lisa: Good to hear from you. I just received a confirmation card from AMW that they are reviewing Brian's case and plan on airing it. I shipped an investigative summary to them 2 months ago. It looks like it will be aired. Their has been no other activity to date. The Bodyhunter television segment on Brian where Randy was interviewed at length is now complete and I should have a copy next week. Let's stay in touch.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I am a long time reader of the board, but I dont post too often. For whatever reason, I never clicked on this thread til tonight. I tried to pick up the basic points, but I am sure I am missing a lot of info, but this is a very interesting case.

A couple of thoughts have popped into my head about all this.

1) They said that there were 3 exits to this bar and 2 had cameras. Even if the Brian left out of the 3rd entrance, then I would have to feel that there are other cameras from other buildings, businesses, atm's, etc. I have never been to Columbus, but in this day and age I am surprised that there were no other cameras in the area that caught him after he left the bar for the last time.

2) I am not sure about how Clint and Meredith fit into all this. I have read that they were with Brian on that last night and that their stories have changed. I have not found what their stories were or how much they changed but this sounds suspicious. The theory that Clint and Brian were having a sexual relationship is interesting. A large majority of crimes, if a crime did occur in this instance, are crimes of passion. Spouses, friends, and business partners and such are always the first suspects in crimes. That could be a plausible reason as to "why" if this Clint person is involved in any wrong doing. With that being said, no one ever knows how they would react if a friend disappeared after a night of drinking together. I am guessing the two friends lives were turned upside down becuase of this, so who knows how one reacts in that situation. I would probably move away too.

3) Thats so damn sad about what happened to his father. How can so much bad luck be centered on one family?

4) That is good news if Americas Most Wanted will be doing a story on this. That will get people talking again. A sad byproduct of that is all the lame people who decide to call with bs leads and such. The same type of people that make a fake post to an online obit. The key will be sifting through all the crazy people out there. There will probably be calls from all 50 states about someone who swears they saw Brian pumping gas or something. It is worth it though. All it takes is one lead to break open a case.

Ok, I just thought I would throw in my two cents. I feel a little bad now that I have seen the sticky post for two years, or however long its been up, and never clicked on it til tonight.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    yahamita wrote:
    UPDATE:
    I received an email from the investigator, and here is the GREAT NEWS!!!..

Lisa: Good to hear from you. I just received a confirmation card from AMW that they are reviewing Brian's case and plan on airing it. I shipped an investigative summary to them 2 months ago. It looks like it will be aired. Their has been no other activity to date. The Bodyhunter television segment on Brian where Randy was interviewed at length is now complete and I should have a copy next week. Let's stay in touch.

That is great news, Lisa! :)

Thanks for sharing with us and looking forward to the information on the shows...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII