Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    krissypj wrote:
    I am from Columbus and have heard that his friend, Clint, is gay. This is very interesting to me because maybe Clint was in love with him and if he couldn't have him, no one could.
    The most mind blogging issue in this case is how did he leave? It seems like he must have been trying to avoid someone and maybe went out the construction exit. I know Clint and Meredith left in a car, so maybe Clint was driving and ran him down when he saw him. I don't know, I'm just putting scenarios out there.
    Welcome to our thread! First Post?!?!?! did you join these boards for PJ's music, or are you interested in the Shaffer case? Would love to have another person in Ohio keeping us posted from this end. and YES, I did in fact hear rumor of Clint being gay and hitting on Brian..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    thank you! I do like Pearl Jam, but I joined because of Brian. I have always been trying to figure out what could have possibly happen to him. I know the area where he was last seen very well and it seems almost impossible to me that no one would have seen anything. The area is pretty busy and is also pretty dangerous. I wish someone would just say something! Along with everyone else, I do think it is strange that Clint and Meredith would just leave. I would be interested to hear if anyone in the bar reported them asking around for him. The big thing to me is if your friend went missing while you were out with him, wouldn't you have be with his dad trying to get any kind of answer?? If they are guilty of something I pray that there is a crack in the case sooooon!
    Also, right after he went missing, Clint was interviewed on camera and he said something like "oh he probably ran his mouth and got in trouble" Kind of sounded like "no big deal." Very strange.....

another thing, Brian and Clint used to live together. I'm just throwing this out there, but wonder if they ever had any sort of relationship. Anything is possible when you don't know the truth! On an interview with E! Alexis said that he told her on the phone "this is my chance to talk about you with the guys" Maybe Clint just got so extremely jealous and being under the influence, did something. If he did anything, he sure is good at hiding bodies! (scary) But I will feel bad if he didn't have anything to do with it and is just a very strange person and a bad friend.
  • Options
    krissypj wrote:
    thank you! I do like Pearl Jam, but I joined because of Brian. I have always been trying to figure out what could have possibly happen to him. I know the area where he was last seen very well and it seems almost impossible to me that no one would have seen anything. The area is pretty busy and is also pretty dangerous. I wish someone would just say something! Along with everyone else, I do think it is strange that Clint and Meredith would just leave. I would be interested to hear if anyone in the bar reported them asking around for him. The big thing to me is if your friend went missing while you were out with him, wouldn't you have be with his dad trying to get any kind of answer?? If they are guilty of something I pray that there is a crack in the case sooooon!
    Also, right after he went missing, Clint was interviewed on camera and he said something like "oh he probably ran his mouth and got in trouble" Kind of sounded like "no big deal." Very strange.....

another thing, Brian and Clint used to live together. I'm just throwing this out there, but wonder if they ever had any sort of relationship. Anything is possible when you don't know the truth! On an interview with E! Alexis said that he told her on the phone "this is my chance to talk about you with the guys" Maybe Clint just got so extremely jealous and being under the influence, did something. If he did anything, he sure is good at hiding bodies! (scary) But I will feel bad if he didn't have anything to do with it and is just a very strange person and a bad friend.
    I see what you're saying... BUT not all friends go out together and leave together. I have a few friends who 'go to the toilet', 'go to the bar' or just vanish... which is their way of leaving for the night.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    krissypj wrote:
    I am from Columbus and have heard that his friend, Clint, is gay. This is very interesting to me because maybe Clint was in love with him and if he couldn't have him, no one could.
    The most mind blogging issue in this case is how did he leave? It seems like he must have been trying to avoid someone and maybe went out the construction exit. I know Clint and Meredith left in a car, so maybe Clint was driving and ran him down when he saw him. I don't know, I'm just putting scenarios out there.

Wasn't that construction exit locked up? At the least, wouldn't it have been very difficult to navigate? Then again, if he didn't leave out the main doors, how else would he have left the building?

I want to say that if Clint did run Brian over, surely someone would have heard something, some screaming or something.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I see what you're saying... BUT not all friends go out together and leave together. I have a few friends who 'go to the toilet', 'go to the bar' or just vanish... which is their way of leaving for the night.

That's true, Helen.

However, he went barhopping with Clint ALL night... Meredith joining much later with a phone call from Clint.

Not even trying to find Brian when they were leaving?

I asked around especially those who go to bars a lot with friends and asked if they spent time with the same friend all night going from bar to bar.... and that person just "vanished" without saying goodbye, what would they do?

They said they would be very concerned and stayed around to look for him, call him, ask people in the bar if they saw this person leaving?

Did Clint or Meredith even bother to ask people who had seen him, especially if Brian was seen talking to people?

Lost In Ohio can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I recall, Clint and Meredith saw him not too long before they left.

I don't know.... I just think it's odd that the friend you have been barhopping all night wouldn't stick around longer in an attempt to find you and being more concerned?

And thanks Lisa for the latest development!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    krissypj wrote:

That's weird - I was just thinking the same!

But I read what you said about the rumor on Clint being gay and Lisa has heard that too... I haven't.

However, the impression I got from talking to someone, that they weren't that good of friends.

He was just somebody to hang out with, I think.

And what's more, it seems like Clint is the only one who said he was the type that would take off for days without telling anyone.

Has anyone else verified this? Brian was popular and people would know if he disappeared for days in the past?

Lisa, has Randy ever mentioned if Brian was ever like that at home - taking off for days without calling home?
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    krissypj wrote:

You seem to know info that Randy and I had discussed regarding Clint and his sexual orientation. it kinda freaks me out you know things that were personally discussed between us, could you call me so I can meet you?

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Lisa, has Randy ever mentioned if Brian was ever like that at home - taking off for days without calling home?
    We did discuss this, and Brian NEVER EVER left without someone knowing where he would be or when he would be back especially his girlfriend.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    You seem to know info that Randy and I had discussed regarding Clint and his sexual orientation. it kinda freaks me out you know things that were personally discussed between us, could you call me so I can meet you?

EDIT: Oh, you were talking to the new person, not me! :p My brain is fried today... so pardon me....

Thanks for clarifying about Brian never taking off without letting anyone know... now I do remember Alexis saying something about that in the past.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    yahamita wrote:

lol well obviously you two aren't the only ones that know he is gay. Like I said, I'm from Columbus and people talk. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a big secret. Plus, when I first saw a picture of Brian I thought he looked like he might be gay, and so my mind started wandering.
  • Options
    Another thing, Clint posted this on Brian's myspace the day they went out.

Mar 31, 2006 11:58 AM
    Ladies, don't believe a word this man says! He loves the asstags.

Clint even took him off his myspace friends list! I remember I tried adding him but he kept denying it.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Tom Petty played with Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam wanted Tom to join them at The Gorge. Hopefully, in two weeks, we'll know more, but until then:

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part ...
    This post seems out of place. Is this current info about a possible upcoming PJ/Petty show??? I am confused.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    yahamita and everyone else close to this case....

Again, I apologise for my opinion a couple weeks ago. It is really obvious that this case still stinks with uncertainty and suspect. Creepy to say the least about the obit posting supposedly from Brian. And then even more so that it was from within the same county in OH. And then the new mystery person posting here that knew stuff about that Clint guy being gay and whatnot.

I take back everything I said - this still deserves to be up here and active.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Again, I apologise for my opinion a couple weeks ago. It is really obvious that this case still stinks with uncertainty and suspect. Creepy to say the least about the obit posting supposedly from Brian. And then even more so that it was from within the same county in OH. And then the new mystery person posting here that knew stuff about that Clint guy being gay and whatnot.

((aNiMaL))

You're forgiven. :)

Hopefully it'll keep up so we can find answers really soon and then we can move on.

Lisa has been really amazing!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    krissypj wrote:
    Another thing, Clint posted this on Brian's myspace the day they went out.

Mar 31, 2006 11:58 AM
    Ladies, don't believe a word this man says! He loves the asstags.

Clint even took him off his myspace friends list! I remember I tried adding him but he kept denying it.

That's an interesting observation and a new possibility....

oh boy.

It opened a can of worms...and more questions.

To be honest with you, I am kinda tired of making a lot of assumptions and wishing there were facts to back up.

I am really anxious to hear the outcome of the information on Meredith's credit cards and things like that... to provide some clues.

I wonder why not Clint, too?

I think they should look into his credit history as well, especially considering the fact that they used to be roommates.

That's the typical process of elimination, right?
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

welcome back aNiMaL--told you it's hard to stay away. New twists and turns around ea corner..

Just heard back from the investigator, he said that Vanderbilt has in fact been "papered" with those missing person's flyers..I wonder how Clint feels walking around ea day and seeing those whereever he goes!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    wow that's great!! I hope he gets scared. Also, does it actually say anything about Clint being the last one to see him? Or is it just the regular missing poster flyer?
  • Options
    One more thing, I know I'm "new" but I have followed this case ever since it happen. I used to be on the "In Session" message boards but his thread got deleted awhile ago, there's a new one but it's not active. Plus, you guys seem to have a lot of interesting information!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512
    krissypj wrote:
    Plus, when I first saw a picture of Brian I thought he looked like he might be gay, and so my mind started wandering.

I'm just curious here...what exactly does gay "look" like to you?

I held my tongue when you mentioned the theory about a jilted homosexual running someone over because I thought you were talking specifically about this case, but this more recent statement has me wondering how you really view homosexuality.
  • Options

I held my tongue when you mentioned the theory about a jilted homosexual running someone over because I thought you were talking specifically about this case, but this more recent statement has me wondering how you really view homosexuality.

Please don't take theories personal! Did I ever say being gay was a bad thing? I have to admit, almost every single person I came across in Columbus thought the same thing. No one was saying it in a negative way, it was just an observation. Brian is a very good looking guy. I don't understand how me repeating what has been circulating now makes me some sort of homosexual hater? LOL. I'd like to hear some of your theories then. You would just ignore the fact that people say Clint is gay? And ignore how he was the last one to see him? And that Brian is a very attractive man? It is very possible that scenario happened and I don't think its right to try and criticize me for saying it. If Brian happened to be out with solely a straight woman, I would question her.
  • Options
    krissypj wrote:
    Please don't take theories personal! Did I ever say being gay was a bad thing? I have to admit, almost every single person I came across in Columbus thought the same thing. No one was saying it in a negative way, it was just an observation. Brian is a very good looking guy. I don't understand how me repeating what has been circulating now makes me some sort of homosexual hater? LOL. I'd like to hear some of your theories then. You would just ignore the fact that people say Clint is gay? And ignore how he was the last one to see him? And that Brian is a very attractive man? It is very possible that scenario happened and I don't think its right to try and criticize me for saying it. If Brian happened to be out with solely a straight woman, I would question her.

Thank you for clarifying your position, krissypj.

You also understand how some people have stereotypes of gay people and some would automatically attack them for every wrongdoing done. There is history of that and we need to take great care of not always looking at that as the only possibility but also consider all other possibilities not related to homosexuality (Meredith, for example).

That's just my take on why darthvedder was on the defensive and that is very understandable. To be honest with you, I was too because too often I hear "oh, I bet he or she is gay!!" with negative attitude and that would be the first thing that comes to their minds when they see that person.

The fact that Clint may be gay should not be automatically questioned for Brian's missing.

However, the fact that he was the LAST person to see Brian should be questioned and also the fact that they were roommates in the past.

The point here is that his sexual orientation should not be attacked, which you clarified you weren't doing but to point out the possibilities of problems between Brian and Clint that may or may not have lead to his disappearance.

EDIT: I worded it wrong... I'd like to correct that "sexual preference" may not be correct. It should be "sexual orientation". That has been modified.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options

Edit...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512
    IamMine wrote:
    Thank you for clarifying your position, krissypj.

You also understand how some people have stereotypes of gay people and some would automatically attack them for every wrongdoing done. There is history of that and we need to take great care of not always looking at that as the only possibility but also consider all other possibilities not related to homosexuality (Meredith, for example).

That's just my take on why darthvedder was on the defensive and that is very understandable. To be honest with you, I was too because too often I hear "oh, I bet he or she is gay!!" with negative attitude and that would be the first thing that comes to their minds when they see that person.

The fact that Clint may be gay should not be automatically questioned for Brian's missing.

However, the fact that he was the LAST person to see Brian should be questioned and also the fact that they were roommates in the past.

The point here is that his sexual orientation should not be attacked, which you clarified you weren't doing but to point out the possibilities of problems between Brian and Clint that may or may not have lead to his disappearance.

EDIT: I worded it wrong... I'd like to correct that "sexual preference" may not be correct. It should be "sexual orientation". That has been modified.

Thanks IamMine for putting it far better than I ever could have.

For the record, I didn't take anything personal from your posts, krissypj. The first reaction I had from your theory was that you were making it seem that it's a likely thing for homosexuals to run people over. They're not anymore likely than heterosexuals to do so. However, I held back and did not post what I was thinking because it wasn't clear from your post whether you were claiming that or not. In hindsight, I was reading in between the lines, and for that, I apologize.

When I saw your next post about what gay "looks" like, I felt like I couldn't hold back any longer. There is no specific homosexual "look," just like there is no specific heterosexual "look." I'm probably feeling a bit hypersensitive about the homosexual thing because we're going to vote next month on gay marriage here in California, and the ads the anti-gay marriage side is running are pissing me off because they advocate discrimination based on sexual orientation, which is unconstitutional. It's like they are so afraid that if the schools start teaching kids about gay marriage that the number of homosexuals will increase. It's all based on fear because of prejudice. It makes me angry. So again, I apologize for overreacting.

And for the record, I am not homosexual. But that shouldn't even matter. We should be past these things as a society by now, but sadly we are not.

Anyway, I apologize for intruding on the detective work going on in this thread. I am far removed from the case, but I do read this thread for the latest developments. I admire all of you who are keeping this thread alive.

There is a mental disorder called dissociative fugue. This is where someone who experiences psychological trauma "checks out" of their life and they create a whole new identity for themselves without even realizing it. They often travel long distances to accomplish this. This new identity can last for years when all of a sudden they wake up into their original identity.

I only mention this because someone mentioned that Brian's mother died before he disappeared. It might have been a trigger.

Just another theory to throw out there.
  • Options
    The reaction to a trauma, such as the loss of his mother, is a good point. However, fugue states usually only last from days to months. He's been missing for over two years. Plus, the person who is in a fugue state usually does not take on a new identity and doesn't try to hide himself or herself. He or she simply just doesn't remember who he or she was- he wouldn't be working to disguise himself. So you'd think that (if he's in the U.S.), people would have recognized him by now. People in fugue states usually end up in a clinic somewhere because of their lack of ability to remember recent events or information about themselves. If this were only a month or two after the case, this could be a viable explanation. Given that it has been over two years, this seems less likely.

Plus, I'm not sure how that Virgin Islands post fits in. I can't imagine that it's some punk playing a joke unless he or she is somehow connected. If he or she is connected, then that screams foul play.
  • Options
    The reaction to a trauma, such as the loss of his mother, is a good point. However, fugue states usually only last from days to months. He's been missing for over two years. Plus, the person who is in a fugue state usually does not take on a new identity and doesn't try to hide himself or herself. He or she simply just doesn't remember who he or she was- he wouldn't be working to disguise himself. So you'd think that (if he's in the U.S.), people would have recognized him by now. People in fugue states usually end up in a clinic somewhere because of their lack of ability to remember recent events or information about themselves. If this were only a month or two after the case, this could be a viable explanation. Given that it has been over two years, this seems less likely.

Plus, I'm not sure how that Virgin Islands post fits in. I can't imagine that it's some punk playing a joke unless he or she is somehow connected. If he or she is connected, then that screams foul play.
    The Virgin Islands has been a part of this investigation for sometime. There have been leads there even before Randy's passing.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    The Virgin Islands has been a part of this investigation for sometime. There have been leads there even before Randy's passing.

But why was the post that Brian supposedly wrote found to have been made from Ohio?
  • Options
    Just sooo many theories to throw out there, it sometimes gets frustrating that all of us just keep on wondering what happened to Brian and keep making assumptions, I think IamMine said that and I agree, sometimes I wish that there's just going to be an answer like all of you...Hell, I'm just a few months new to this case and it's as if I've been following this case for the past two years, of course this is only just a feeling and nothing to compare to all of you who have been seriously following this case since it happened, Like Lisa for instance! God give you strength girl! It's really a mentally and physically strainning situation and for you to be able to keep your head above water is incredible! More power to ya Lisa :D

But I really disliked the theory that Brian might be run over or something, among all the things, I really wish he's alive and well and nothing has had happen to him...I also agree with IamMine that Clint's sexual orientation isn't the one to be questioned here, it's the fact that he really was the last person with Brian as well as Meredith, I really hope they can find some evidence or something through Meredith's credit card and other info...just anything to help this case progress just a tad bit more....I also don't understand why the investigators aren't doing the same thing with Clint....

Would it be too durastic to make Meredith and Clint take a lie detector test? Because it feels like there's something they're not saying or don't want to...I know I'm making assumptions again....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Just sooo many theories to throw out there, it sometimes gets frustrating that all of us just keep on wondering what happened to Brian and keep making assumptions, I think IamMine said that and I agree, sometimes I wish that there's just going to be an answer like all of you...Hell, I'm just a few months new to this case and it's as if I've been following this case for the past two years, of course this is only just a feeling and nothing to compare to all of you who have been seriously following this case since it happened, Like Lisa for instance! God give you strength girl! It's really a mentally and physically strainning situation and for you to be able to keep your head above water is incredible! More power to ya Lisa :D

But I really disliked the theory that Brian might be run over or something, among all the things, I really wish he's alive and well and nothing has had happen to him...I also agree with IamMine that Clint's sexual orientation isn't the one to be questioned here, it's the fact that he really was the last person with Brian as well as Meredith, I really hope they can find some evidence or something through Meredith's credit card and other info...just anything to help this case progress just a tad bit more....I also don't understand why the investigators aren't doing the same thing with Clint....

Would it be too durastic to make Meredith and Clint take a lie detector test? Because it feels like there's something they're not saying or don't want to...I know I'm making assumptions again....
    Both Merideth and Clint both have refused over and over a gain to take the test...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    aNiMaL wrote:
    This post seems out of place. Is this current info about a possible upcoming PJ/Petty show??? I am confused.

There've been new replies, but I haven't been getting email notices... hmmm...

Just a random song reference to us having to wait to figure out where that obiturary note really came from... Virgin Islands or elsewhere.

"The wait...is the hardest part."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I don't want anyone to rehash this, but I don't know that there is any way I can decypher everything in the thread. Could someone post a synopsis of what's going on with this, potential theories. I kept up with it for a long time but haven't been able to lately and was wondering if someone could just put a brief synopsis if there have been any advancements or an internet link would be great and also any ways to help the cause. This is absolutely heartbreaking and my heart goes out to those close to this that have had to endure. Thanks
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV