Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,807
    VI information?
    LIO?

Who, or what, are VI and LIO?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • VI - Virgin Islands
    LIO - You :)
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    VI information?
    LIO?

Who, or what, are VI and LIO?
    EDIT: beaten by The Stugots

LIO = Lost In Ohio ;)

VI = Virgina's Island where the message was signed by "Brian" with the location online.

yahamita mentioned about Clint saying something about VI in an interview with the PD.

That is news to me.

This is getting interesting.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    VI - Virgin Islands
    LIO - You :)

Thankfull IamMine posted, explaining who "you" was, because I was confusing that for some sort of ASCII character code. UO? Huh? Now i'm really confused.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    If this is NOT Brian then this is a cruel cruel joke that someone is playing. I hope for everyone's sake involved Brian is still out there and is ok, even if he is in the VI. Everyone has their own ways of dealing and maybe this was his...no one but him knows.
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    IamMine wrote:
    I know, yahamita. He didn't.

I should have clarified that. I didn't word it properly. Thanks.

I also heard about the details on the friends' stories that changed at different times and it never made the news, at least not to my knowledge.

It was very questionable and they were protected by their lawyers.

I wonder, though, why the investigators were withholding information from Randy?

Did they ever explain why?

So many questions....
    The investigator wasn't withholding info. He was fighting with Randy to be able to read all files. And YES, the 2 friends have changed their stories several times.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    IamMine wrote:
    EDIT: beaten by The Stugots

LIO = Lost In Ohio ;)

VI = Virgina's Island where the message was signed by "Brian" with the location online.

yahamita mentioned about Clint saying something about VI in an interview with the PD.

That is news to me.

This is getting interesting.
    I heard this info from the investigator right after Randy passed. Let me get back into my email and post a tad bit of other info you will find interesting

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    This message was sent via the investigator to Vanderbilt University where Clint is now a microbilogist. the officer was very interested in this information, and agreed to post flyers around campus...I have a copy of the flyer if anyone wants me to send it via email.

Dear Detective Mark Hallman: I am a board certified investigator from Columbus, Ohio attempting to locate missing Ohio State University Medical Student Brian Shaffer. Please review the attached documents concerning missing Ohio State University Medical Student Brian Shaffer. Brian Shaffer was last seen on the OSU campus on April 1, 2006 (see attached case summary and missing flyer's) with his close friend William "Clint" Florence who is now a Research Fellow in the Vanderbilt University Department of Microbiology & Immunology as a Post Doctoral trainee. William "Clint" Florence has refused to take a polygraph for the Columbus, Ohio Police or the Ohio State University Police, has hired a criminal defense attorney, moved to Vanderbilt and has been less then cooperative with the police and this investigator. Florence behavior has been described as indifferent and unusual since the disappearance of Brian Shaffer. Florence may be considered a person of interest in this matter but there is currently a lack of evidence to identify him as a suspect. This case has received national media attention and Brian Shaffer's father Randy Shaffer was recently killed in a tragic accident where a tree fell on him in his back yard. Clint Florence photograph and personal data can be found on page 2 & 3 of the case file (document attached). I would appreciate you posting the attached flyer's around campus and at Microbiology Center, forwarding the attached data to your campus newspaper, and providing any information available. I can be reached at 614-565-7189 or contact Detective Sergeant John Hurst at the Columbus, Ohio Police Department 614-645-4670. Please contact me with any question. Regards,

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    yahamita wrote:
    The investigator wasn't withholding info. He was fighting with Randy to be able to read all files. And YES, the 2 friends have changed their stories several times.

Okay, gotcha. I stand corrected.

If he was fighting with Randy, then how is that not "withholding"?
    yahamita wrote:
    Let me get back into my email and post a tad bit of other info you will find interesting

I would be very much interested in reading more information!

EDIT: Thanks, reading now!
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:

whatI meant to say was...him and Randy were fighting the PD for the info..sorry..I'm trying to post as much info as possible while I'm working!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    IamMine wrote:

It is posted above your post!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    yahamita wrote:
    whatI meant to say was...him and Randy were fighting the PD for the info..sorry..I'm trying to post as much info as possible while I'm working!

Oh okay... take your time! I'd like a copy of the flyer via email whenever you have time.

I recall hearing about Clint talking to Randy after the first anniversary of Brian's missing - but never talked about Brian or about the event where Randy was holding an event with the media on the first anniversary of Brian's missing.

All Clint talked about was moving to Tennessee and that was it.

I thought that was odd... no mention about Brian when talking to his dad after the first anniversary and not explaining why he didn't show up or anything....

but talking about moving to Tennessee.

I can only imagine Randy wishing him to say something - the person who was last seen with Brian. Anything, you know.

Why Randy never said anything, I don't know.

Anyway, thank you so much for the updates!
    ~Q Magazine

Tom Petty played with Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam wanted Tom to join them at The Gorge. Hopefully, in two weeks, we'll know more, but until then:

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part ...
    IamMine wrote:
    Oh okay... take your time! I'd like a copy of the flyer via email whenever you have time.

I recall hearing about Clint talking to Randy after the first anniversary of Brian's missing - but never talked about Brian or about the event where Randy was holding an event with the media on the first anniversary of Brian's missing.

All Clint talked about was moving to Tennessee and that was it.

I thought that was odd... no mention about Brian when talking to his dad after the first anniversary and not explaining why he didn't show up or anything....

but talking about moving to Tennessee.

I can only imagine Randy wishing him to say something - the person who was last seen with Brian. Anything, you know.

Why Randy never said anything, I don't know.

Anyway, thank you so much for the updates!
    PM me your email, and I'll send it to ya..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Wow Yahamita! I can't believe this developement happened while I was away! But woah! I can't believe that obit. post! Believe me, I'm the farthest thing from a pessimist, but that signed post seems a little odd to me, it's hard for me to believe that it might really be Brian, I'm scared that it could be someone with a really fucked up sense of humor and has no regard for everyone that is invovled.....But, if I'm wrong with this feeling and it really was Brian...then Oh, My God!! It'll indicate that he's alive and well....I really hope the investigators get to track down who ever posted that and tell us soon......But if it really is some sicko, then I'm still hoping and praying that Brian is alive and well....

As for his two friends, think we all find it odd that they keep on changing their stories...I really hope there's clarification later on that....

But so far!! I'm so glad that there's a break in the case finally! So hang on in there yahamita, step by step we're getting closer! Keep on keeping on :)
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
    Sudden thought:

Yahamita knew about this new development for a period of time, but I have a feeling, may have not immediately known about it.

Because of the "something is about to break, please stay tuned" factor, I have a feeling this is a solid lead.

I'll also add something to the front post regarding this development a little later on. It probably won't be today, but if I remember (and this note will help), hopefully this weekend.
  • I'm not in the least bit psychic but in this case I hope I am :) . I had a dream last night that I logged on here and the porch was filled with threads about how he just came home!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    I'm not in the least bit psychic but in this case I hope I am :) . I had a dream last night that I logged on here and the porch was filled with threads about how he just came home!

that's gives me goosebumps - I hope you are psychic too, HH !!
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • EdVedHed wrote:
    that's gives me goosebumps - I hope you are psychic too, HH !!
    :D that's why I came straight to the thread today to see if there was any update... cos it was one of those very vivid dreams.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • shareshare Posts: 551
    Just throwing this out there and granted I have no idea about how close
    Brian was to these friends that are "person's of interest" or what brian's
    situation was in regards to his family life but is it possible that if he
    wanted to disappear for whatever reason then these friends knew of
    his desire all along and that's why they are not offering any insight or
    information?

If they were a tight knit group of friends then perhaps they were
    sworn to secrecy or something?

yea, sounds a little far fetched but this whole story is bizarre.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • pjheadpjhead Posts: 121
    share wrote:
    information?

This was my initial thought after reading this thread yesterday. Perhaps they knew his desire and swore to not say anything. If they were very close friends of his he probably wanted to go out with them one last time before he left. If this is indeed the case the friends are due an apology.

The whole situation is f*cked up. My gut feeling is that he wanted to get away from everything and before he knew it he was in too deep to turn back (i.e. search crews, national news, etc.). If he is indeed in the VI and was watching this all unfold and how this took a toll on his dad then he is heartless. That is if his relationship with his dad was as strong as his dad led people to believe. Sometimes the only thing that keeps people around is their family. It is possible that he had a strained relationship with his dad however he was close with his mom and once his mom passed he felt that it was his oppertunity to split. Agian it is hard looking in from the outside.

Unfortunately I think that the posting on the obituary site was a sick prank.

In the end I hope he is safe and sound somewhere as this is all very sad. It is not fun playing Columbo when real people are involved.
    share wrote:
    information?

As for how close of friends they were...

It was my understanding that they weren't close friends, like "tight group" type.

Also that Brian wasn't too fond of Meredith and told Clint at one time that he didn't want her around him anymore. He didn't like how Meredith was acting around him.

But during barhopping, Clint called Meredith up and told her to meet them at the bar.

I didn't want to go into details without getting in trouble...but this is in the open again... and it has been said in public that those friends changed their stories about how they last saw Brian.

Um. So.... *shrugs*
    ~Q Magazine

• pjheadpjhead Posts: 121
    IamMine wrote:
    As for how close of friends they were...

It was my understanding that they weren't close friends, like "tight group" type.

Also that Brian wasn't too fond of Meredith and told Clint at one time that he didn't want her around him anymore. He didn't like how Meredith was acting around him.

But during barhopping, Clint called Meredith up and told her to meet them at the bar.

I didn't want to go into details without getting in trouble...but this is in the open again... and it has been said in public that those friends changed their stories about how they last saw Brian.

Um. So.... *shrugs*

That kind of changes the scenario in my head. Even if Brian and Clint were close and were spending one last night together I don't think that Clint would call Meredith knowing how Brian feels about her. Althought I heard that guys are known to make late night calls to females when drinking regardless of who their friends like *looks around room*. Again, I hope he is safe and sound.
    Sudden thought:

Yahamita knew about this new development for a period of time, but I have a feeling, may have not immediately known about it.

Because of the "something is about to break, please stay tuned" factor, I have a feeling this is a solid lead.

I'll also add something to the front post regarding this development a little later on. It probably won't be today, but if I remember (and this note will help), hopefully this weekend.
    yes, I did know for some time, but needed permission at the right time to let everyone else know. If anyone wants a copy of that flier that will be posted at Vanderbilt, PM me..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    New info regarding the guestbook entry..
    The subpoena concerning the email entry to the obituary guest book in the Columbus Dispatch came from a "Public" computer in Franklin County, Ohio. The specific location in Franklin County is being looked into by the Columbus Police.

FYI- Merrideth's phone records and credit card bills are in the process of being obtained.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-10-08-0006.html

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2008/10/07/Campus/Brian.Shaffer.missing.Osu.Student-3475077.shtml

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Woah! Now that's an even bigger break! And I can't believe Meredith's info is going to be obtained...now that's very interesting!! Come on! We're getting warmer and warmer...let's keep on going!

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
    yahamita wrote:
    New info regarding the guestbook entry..
    The subpoena concerning the email entry to the obituary guest book in the Columbus Dispatch came from a "Public" computer in Franklin County, Ohio. The specific location in Franklin County is being looked into by the Columbus Police.

FYI- Merrideth's phone records and credit card bills are in the process of being obtained.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-10-08-0006.html

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2008/10/07/Campus/Brian.Shaffer.missing.Osu.Student-3475077.shtml

From the NBC link:
    Columbus Police Detectives traced the email to a public computer in Franklin County.

Shortly after, detectives received a tip claiming Brian’s body could be found at a certain location in Columbus. Police searched the specified area on September 21st with cadaver dogs, but found no body.

This isn't good. Franklin County is where Columbus is. :(

I do apologize for the morbid images, but wouldn't a body be decomposed by now, unless proper care was taken?

The OSU Lantern (Student newspaper) link makes it seem like someone "in charge of things" isn't releasing all that they know. :mad:

But, at this stage, any clue is probably a "good" (in a sense) thing and must not be ignored, no matter how small. We've come farther in the past month or so than we have in a long time.
    From the NBC link:
    Columbus Police Detectives traced the email to a public computer in Franklin County.

Shortly after, detectives received a tip claiming Brian’s body could be found at a certain location in Columbus. Police searched the specified area on September 21st with cadaver dogs, but found no body.

This isn't good. Franklin County is where Columbus is. :(

I do apologize for the morbid images, but wouldn't a body be decomposed by now, unless proper care was taken?

The OSU Lantern (Student newspaper) link makes it seem like someone "in charge of things" isn't releasing all that they know. :mad:

But, at this stage, any clue is probably a "good" (in a sense) thing and must not be ignored, no matter how small. We've come farther in the past month or so than we have in a long time.
    You are SO right! More had developed in the past month than in the entire 2 years since we first learned of this incident

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Goodness! The first two lines scared the daylights out of me! I thought there was actually going to be a body or something, my heart almost dropped! Thank God there isn't.....Awww, I really hope Brian is all right! I'll still keep on praying for safety and well being....

I know I'm still new to learn about this incident, but from all the things I've read and seen, I'd have to agree also, this is probably a major developement....I mean in the past two years...it really looked like there was nothing...So keep on hanging on in there guys! Everyday there's a developement, whether is big or small...it's still something..Let's all brace ourselves!

• I am from Columbus and have heard that his friend, Clint, is gay. This is very interesting to me because maybe Clint was in love with him and if he couldn't have him, no one could.
    The most mind blogging issue in this case is how did he leave? It seems like he must have been trying to avoid someone and maybe went out the construction exit. I know Clint and Meredith left in a car, so maybe Clint was driving and ran him down when he saw him. I don't know, I'm just putting scenarios out there.