Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You are like the Mother Teresa of Pit members. There is nothing I can say to you to contradict your passion, nor would I want to. I definitely understand where this has taken you and completely respect you for your tenacity on the subject.

Your human light, yahamita, puts us all in a better light.
    Thanks aNiMaL---I've known of you from these boards for several years. I know where you are coming from. I'm not taking anything personally, its just a personal quest..and YES, there is more info that will be released very soon..time and patience are a must right now. Hopefully someday we can ask Kat to close this thread once closure is found.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Oh Yahamita! That's good news to know that there's new info out there and I also certainly think it's kind of fishy about his two friends, but hey, I'm not pointing fingers or anything, who knows? But I really do hope the case does crack wide open, it has to, after all your hard work and endurance, it hopefully will and yahamita, that's beautiful that you pray, I know many aren't into it, but I myself do and it works for me too, so that's really wonderful to hear.....And I really hope the picketing a CPD will gather all the attention needed, it'll be a HUGE boost for this case, I know I'm at the end of the world, but I'll definitely be there in spirit, that's the most I could do really, and seriously, if there's anything that we far away fans could do more than just getting word out, tell us....And it is amazing that a number of countries are being represented here...it's really great....Bless you Yahamita and you've got my respect and support all the way, I always pray to God to give you strength, Thanks for all the amazing work that you do and your compassion is astounding, it really goes a long way!

And hey aNiMaL, I also totally get where you're coming from, it's definitely alright to ask the tough questions, we all have our views and it's totally fine to state them, we're free after all and I don't think your post was attacking anything or anyone, you're just saying what you feel, if we all had same views then this world would be boring....But hey, we all have causes near and dear to our hearts and some differ than others...but as long as we all do something, it doesn't matter how close or how far...compassion is key and it goes a long way and it seems from your posts that you definitely know what compassion is....but like I said, it differs....Thanks for being respectful, I admire that....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
    Oh Yahamita! That's good news to know that there's new info out there and I also certainly think it's kind of fishy about his two friends, but hey, I'm not pointing fingers or anything, who knows? But I really do hope the case does crack wide open, it has to, after all your hard work and endurance, it hopefully will and yahamita, that's beautiful that you pray, I know many aren't into it, but I myself do and it works for me too, so that's really wonderful to hear.....And I really hope the picketing a CPD will gather all the attention needed, it'll be a HUGE boost for this case, I know I'm at the end of the world, but I'll definitely be there in spirit, that's the most I could do really, and seriously, if there's anything that we far away fans could do more than just getting word out, tell us....And it is amazing that a number of countries are being represented here...it's really great....Bless you Yahamita and you've got my respect and support all the way, I always pray to God to give you strength, Thanks for all the amazing work that you do and your compassion is astounding, it really goes a long way!

And hey aNiMaL, I also totally get where you're coming from, it's definitely alright to ask the tough questions, we all have our views and it's totally fine to state them, we're free after all and I don't think your post was attacking anything or anyone, you're just saying what you feel, if we all had same views then this world would be boring....But hey, we all have causes near and dear to our hearts and some differ than others...but as long as we all do something, it doesn't matter how close or how far...compassion is key and it goes a long way and it seems from your posts that you definitely know what compassion is....but like I said, it differs....Thanks for being respectful, I admire that....
    Always such kind words from you, thank you so much! I could really use more prayers. I'm having a bunch of personal struggles I'm trying to deal with, plus trying tostay ocused on this, it's been a bit overwhelming...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • You're welcome Yahamita! I'm just saying the truth that's all! I'm sure it's overwhelming, you're like a superhero! Not a lot of people can do what you do and juggle their personal lives! It's amazing....and hey, you got all my prayers....:), I really hope you get through your personal struggles, by everything I've seen on here, you're too damn strong to let whatever your struggles are put you down! Your will is so strong and you got all our support and prayers....:) Any updates?
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • godd thats terrible.
    I hope hes okay wherever he is.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    You're welcome Yahamita! I'm just saying the truth that's all! I'm sure it's overwhelming, you're like a superhero! Not a lot of people can do what you do and juggle their personal lives! It's amazing....and hey, you got all my prayers....:), I really hope you get through your personal struggles, by everything I've seen on here, you're too damn strong to let whatever your struggles are put you down! Your will is so strong and you got all our support and prayers....:) Any updates?
    a Thousand thank yous! Life seems to be beating me down lately, having a difficult time of it.
    No news I can post as of yet, but do know the investigator has some great things going on right now

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    I told you things were about to break in this case....PLEASE READ!!!! I'll updage more info as soon as I get the go ahead!

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_home?id=17629037

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    I finally got permission from the investigator to post this new info he has been working on....I'll also post in the original thread!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • shareshare Posts: 551
    yahamita wrote:
    I told you things were about to break in this case....PLEASE READ!!!! I'll updage more info as soon as I get the go ahead!

I really hope it's a break in the case. I would hate to think someone could
    so demented that they would do something like that.
    Is it possible that Brian was so distraught about the passing of his mother
    that he decided just to chuck everything and disappear on his own?
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    share wrote:
    I really hope it's a break in the case. I would hate to think someone could
    so demented that they would do something like that.
    Is it possible that Brian was so distraught about the passing of his mother
    that he decided just to chuck everything and disappear on his own?

I have no idea, share.

That would be a huge case of mental illness other than his mother's death. I can't imagine putting your father through hell for over two years.

If he knew there was online guest service, then he knew the trouble his father went through.

I think it is a sick sense of humor from someone.

I wonder if one could ask the moderators here on the pit if they are allowed to check the IP addresses in this thread and see if it matches to that person who claimed to be Brian. I guess they would need to know the IP address from the investigators.

Keep us posted, Lisa.... you are doing a great job. I know you are going through a rough time. Hang in there, girl!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • share wrote:
    Is it possible that Brian was so distraught about the passing of his mother that he decided just to chuck everything and disappear on his own?

I remember reading a blog on his gf's myspace where she considered that theory but honestly, if he took off and didn't want to be found for two years, I don't think he would have signed the guestbook with his location. I would also think that if he took the time to sign an online guestbook, he would have at least considered coming home to the funeral?

This is an interesting development though...
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Hope they find him in the USVI, safe & sound
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
    I remember reading a blog on his gf's myspace where she considered that theory but honestly, if he took off and didn't want to be found for two years, I don't think he would have signed the guestbook with his location. I would also think that if he took the time to sign an online guestbook, he would have at least considered coming home to the funeral?

This is an interesting development though...

Yeah, especially signing where he was. That is rather odd to be playing mind games like that... "I was here so good luck finding me."

Come to think of it, "I love you, Dad..." sounds off to me considering not seeing him in two years.

I would have said "I miss you so much, Dad" if it had been so long.

Interesting development, indeed...
    ~Q Magazine

• cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I seriously hope this wasn't just someone's sick joke. Really. That would be too mean and just sad.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,807
    omg...

All I can say.

I had more posted, but I was beaten to it.

Hopefully it's not a sick sense of humor. As Ed has been known to say, "fuck the pessimists." There is a 50% chance he posted that. :)

He has two possibilities.

1) Return home to the funeral and cause all sorts of chaos and possibly distract from his dad's funeral. Plus, what if he doesn't have money or couldn't get a flight in time?
    2) Post on a message board and hope someone sees it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Seems like a troubling development. Either someone has a sick sense of humor, or Shaffer has been putting family, friends and countless strangers through years of misery. I'm not sure what to hope for.
    Seems like a troubling development. Either someone has a sick sense of humor, or Shaffer has been putting family, friends and countless strangers through years of misery. I'm not sure what to hope for.

I don't know either, Stugots.

But I do know this is really f*k'd up either way.

Also a lot of information were withheld from the public related to Brian's friends who last saw him.

So many possibilities.

I really look forward to the latest development on this new information - who posted that message?

Right now that is the question of the day and hope they can find that answer soon and get some explanation for that.
    ~Q Magazine

Seems like a troubling development. Either someone has a sick sense of humor, or Shaffer has been putting family, friends and countless strangers through years of misery. I'm not sure what to hope for.

I'm not related to Brian, nor have I ever met him. However, let me say the following:

With number two, at least he's alive. Hopefully, that if he is alive and returns to the USA, then all is forgiven. There is the little matter of his girlfriend about to marry (or already married to?) someone else, but i'm sure he would have found out about that via the internet and would have intervened if he thought it was necessary.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

He has two possibilities.

1) Return home to the funeral and cause all sorts of chaos and possibly distract from his dad's funeral. Plus, what if he doesn't have money or couldn't get a flight in time?
    2) Post on a message board and hope someone sees it.

1) Doubt it. A call to his brother would have solved this problem.

2) Not sure what you mean by that? Like he's craving for attention?

To be honest with you and I feel really cruel for thinking like this, but I had considered that in the beginning and starting to think like that again.

In the beginning, someone had written a letter (forgot to who, maybe the police) and said Brian was doing this for insurance and that his dad was in on the plan.

His dad was really upset about that but he took the lie test and went through all kinds of questionings by the police.

I thought maybe he talked his friends into being part of the plan but then I got to talk to his dad and finding out from different sources that it was very unlikely.

His dad spent so much time and little money he had trying to find Brian and it really wore him out physically and mentally. He really had a hard time but he never gave up, though.

But I am not the police so I can't make accusations but making assumptions. I do have to be careful because of slander and libel.
    ~Q Magazine

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    That would suck if it was really Brian, but I'm willing to bet it was just made by someone who has a really messed up sense of humor.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    I'm not related to Brian, nor have I ever met him. However, let me say the following:

With number two, at least he's alive. Hopefully, that if he is alive and returns to the USA, then all is forgiven. There is the little matter of his girlfriend about to marry (or already married to?) someone else, but i'm sure he would have found out about that via the internet and would have intervened if he thought it was necessary.

all is forgiven?

I think that would be up to his surviving family to determine that - and the police.

As for me personally - even though I have never met him in person, I would be very very very happy that he is alive but very very very angry with him for putting his father and family through so much agony and pain.

But I would not wish him to be dead. I'd much rather that he is still alive.

Like many, I would be very happy to see a closure on this.
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:
    I don't know either, Stugots.

But I do know this is really f*k'd up either way.

Also a lot of information were withheld from the public related to Brian's friends who last saw him.

So many possibilities.

I really look forward to the latest development on this new information - who posted that message?

Right now that is the question of the day and hope they can find that answer soon and get some explanation for that.

Well, it is quite possible that no one knew anything at all until Randy died. This would make the withholding of information, well, frankly, impossible, because there was no information to withhold.
    IamMine wrote:
    1) Doubt it. A call to his brother would have solved this problem.

2) Not sure what you mean by that? Like he's craving for attention?

To be honest with you and I feel really cruel for thinking like this, but I had considered that in the beginning and starting to think like that again.

In the beginning, someone had written a letter (forgot to who, maybe the police) and said Brian was doing this for insurance and that his dad was in on the plan.

His dad was really upset about that but he took the lie test and went through all kinds of questionings by the police.

I thought maybe he talked his friends into being part of the plan but then I got to talk to his dad and finding out from different sources that it was very unlikely.

His dad spent so much time and little money he had trying to find Brian and it really wore him out physically and mentally. He really had a hard time but he never gave up, though.

But I am not the police so I can't make accusations but making assumptions. I do have to be careful because of slander and libel.
    I never heard this from Randy. I do know he wasn't loaded, but wasn't scraping either. There is NO way this man would EVER commit fraud..
    Well, it is quite possible that no one knew anything at all until Randy died. This would make the withholding of information, well, frankly, impossible, because there was no information to withhold.
    Actually, the Minn PD was withholding info on this case, and Randy and the investigator was fighting hard to read the records.This was several weeks before Randy passed

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    IamMine wrote:
    all is forgiven?

I think that would be up to his surviving family to determine that - and the police.

As for me personally - even though I have never met him in person, I would be very very very happy that he is alive but very very very angry with him for putting his father and family through so much agony and pain.

But I would not wish him to be dead. I'd much rather that he is still alive.

Like many, I would be very happy to see a closure on this.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Two sides to the coin, and the question is which side has more weight, the good or the bad?

ALL might not be forgiven 100% of the way, but i'm sure they'd be very happy to see him. I'm sure some low-profile counseling would certainly be in order, which might help explain things more clearly.

As we know, the theory is that he became too stressed out with his mom's death and with his education. That might be cause for anyone to run away. It would also explain why there was never anything found -- because it's all either in Columbus or with him. If you take it one step further, he could be living under an alias, which would be why there was never any bank account activity.

I know two people who would probably have to be forgiven (barring anything yet unforeseen) would be Brian's friends, Clint & Meredith who were with him on the night he went missing. If he's in the US Virgin Islands, then perhaps they really didn't have anything to with it, after all. As to why the story changed? I'll play the devil's advocate and mention that they'd been drinking for quite some time, it was late, memories could have been clouded, and well, don't stories generally change a little bit over time anyway?

I'm certainly not ready to personally clear anyone of suspicion of foul play yet, but when the time comes, if Clint & Meredith didn't have anything to do with it, then I certainly feel they should be near the top of the forgiveness list.
    yahamita wrote:
    Actually, the Minn PD was withholding info on this case, and Randy and the investigator was fighting hard to read the records.This was several weeks before Randy passed

cloud 9
    cloud 8
    cloud 7
    smiley face killers...minnesota PD
    cloud 6
    cloud 5

Yeah. I suppose over the last hour or so, I kinda forgot about that whole situation. I was actually thinking about the Minnesota PD within the past week or so, too.

Ugh. I think that tunnel just maybe got a little longer?

I still have hope. I think we all should.
    yahamita wrote:
    I never heard this from Randy. I do know he wasn't loaded, but wasn't scraping either. There is NO way this man would EVER commit fraud..

I know, yahamita. He didn't.
    yahamita wrote:

I should have clarified that. I didn't word it properly. Thanks.

I also heard about the details on the friends' stories that changed at different times and it never made the news, at least not to my knowledge.

It was very questionable and they were protected by their lawyers.

I wonder, though, why the investigators were withholding information from Randy?

Did they ever explain why?

So many questions....
    ~Q Magazine

Ugh. I think that tunnel just maybe got a little longer?

I still have hope. I think we all should.

No kidding!

Me too....
    ~Q Magazine

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Two sides to the coin, and the question is which side has more weight, the good or the bad?

ALL might not be forgiven 100% of the way, but i'm sure they'd be very happy to see him. I'm sure some low-profile counseling would certainly be in order, which might help explain things more clearly.

As we know, the theory is that he became too stressed out with his mom's death and with his education. That might be cause for anyone to run away. It would also explain why there was never anything found -- because it's all either in Columbus or with him. If you take it one step further, he could be living under an alias, which would be why there was never any bank account activity.

I know two people who would probably have to be forgiven (barring anything yet unforeseen) would be Brian's friends, Clint & Meredith who were with him on the night he went missing. If he's in the US Virgin Islands, then perhaps they really didn't have anything to with it, after all. As to why the story changed? I'll play the devil's advocate and mention that they'd been drinking for quite some time, it was late, memories could have been clouded, and well, don't stories generally change a little bit over time anyway?

I'm certainly not ready to personally clear anyone of suspicion of foul play yet, but when the time comes, if Clint & Meredith didn't have anything to do with it, then I certainly feel they should be near the top of the forgiveness list.
    Clint refused to take a lie detector test, Merideth's lawyer is telling the investigator to back off and leave her alone, but from my understanding, Clint did mention the VI in one of his interviews with the PD.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-

I totally agree with you about his friends being on the top list of forgiveness. I'd be one of the first to apologize.

As for drinking and all that.... well, the details were way too off, even for a drunk person.

And there were more to it than that too... who they were, their relationships with Brian and how Brian felt about them too.

Throw that in the mix and you have a lot of questions.
    ~Q Magazine

yahamita wrote:
    Clint refused to take a lie detector test, Merideth's lawyer is telling the investigator to back off and leave her alone, but from my understanding, Clint did mention the VI in one of his interviews with the PD.

I remember that he refused the lie test, but playing devil's advocate like LIO, he could have been under stress and the test would have harmed him.

But one could probably argue that he could have taken it much later when he was ready and calm?

That is interesting about VI information from Clint - I never heard about that.

Was that recent, Lisa?
    ~Q Magazine