Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    That is so horrible. This story is getting sadder and sadder.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    yahamita wrote:
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't grasp this...I just spoke with him..this can't be....OMG.....OMG..OMG!!!

I know sweetie... I'm still in shock.

I still have his emails and the most recent was a few weeks ago... it feels haunting when reading them again... :(

It was really horrible going out like that...just like his wife and son. God.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    pardon me, but who's randy?

may he rest in peace...

never mind...i found the answer...this is sad...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,735
    the father of the missing fan , who also lost his wife around the time of the disappearance
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Just talked to him a few days ago. He was so happy that we were still interested in finding Brian, and helping out his family. He has had some struggles lately, but ya know what, he always kept his sense of humor, and his strong belief. I will miss communicating with him and receiving his updates regarding the case. I somehow need to connect with another family member to let them know what we've been working on, and ideas Randy and I've been bouncing back and forth. This just brings me to tears, I can't understand or fathom it all right now..
    Until I can connect with the family, I believe any donations to the family should still go to Crimestoppers, an organization Randy felt so strongly about in hopes of finding Brian.

Central Ohio Crime Stoppers
    PO Box 16038
    Columbus, Ohio, 43216-6308

I am adding Randy's personal address for anyone wanting to send a card or donation straight to the family. Thank you, Randy loved you all!
    Randy Shaffer
    11807 Clark Dr
    Baltimore, OH 43105
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • What incredilby sad news, if there is a heaven and if Brian is gone from this earth, I hope they are somehow reunited as a family.

I feel so stupid, I was also walking outside yesterday to watch the wind and the trees blow, it was the craziest wind I have ever seen, it blew my fence clean apart. Now I know I will never do that again.

RIP Randy :(
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • So sad. Terrible news.
  • nevermind, already reported.
  • irieinindy wrote:
    What incredilby sad news, if there is a heaven and if Brian is gone from this earth, I hope they are somehow reunited as a family.

I feel so stupid, I was also walking outside yesterday to watch the wind and the trees blow, it was the craziest wind I have ever seen, it blew my fence clean apart. Now I know I will never do that again.

RIP Randy :(

The safest thing to do is stay inside. While this is horrible news, and not the outcome anyone expected, i'm a little surprised he went outside. Maybe he went outside after the wind, I don't know. Hopefully he stayed inside during the winds.

The first post is updated with the most recent, shocking developments.

I would have reported the story much earlier, but we lost power Sunday afternoon and don't expect to have it back until late this weekend. Until then, all the food is in coolers, and what food we don't need is in another location with power. I'll try to check in here on occasion, but I'm not expecting to do much online this week.

Here's a few links to the situation:
    http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-09-15-0035.html

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/09/15/wbnsshafferredirect.html?sid=101

"Certainly he was a tragic figure with everything that happened before last night," Alexis Waggoner, Brian's girlfriend, said today as she absorbed the shock of the elder Shaffer's death.

In Baltimore in northern Fairfield County, neighbors on Clark Drive were asked to look for Shaffer after he didn't show up for his job with Midway Electric, said Waggoner.

His death leaves Derek Shaffer, Brian's 26-year-old brother, as possibly the last survivor of the family. "To go from four to one in such a short time is just sad," Waggoner said.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    I heard this news this morning...so sad! I'm here in Columbus and I feel for the family :-(
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • This is such terrible news! I just read this yesterday and my heart just sunk I can't believe Randy is gone, I may have not known him well or at all, but still reading about him and how he is and all the hard work and pain he went through just trying to find his son is enough proof to me, that he was a great guy....May you rest in peace Randy, God bless you....I really hope that this doesn't stop or weaken the search for Brian or the donations or anything, in fact this should motivate all of us more to try and help out and support them as much as we can..But it's such a great loss....I'm still in shock....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • His death leaves Derek Shaffer, Brian's 26-year-old brother, as possibly the last survivor of the family. "To go from four to one in such a short time is just sad," Waggoner said.

That's so brutal. This story is unreal and so sad.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    His death leaves Derek Shaffer, Brian's 26-year-old brother, as possibly the last survivor of the family. "To go from four to one in such a short time is just sad," Waggoner said.

I can't even imagine what he's going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    This is such terrible news! I just read this yesterday and my heart just sunk I can't believe Randy is gone, I may have not known him well or at all, but still reading about him and how he is and all the hard work and pain he went through just trying to find his son is enough proof to me, that he was a great guy....May you rest in peace Randy, God bless you....I really hope that this doesn't stop or weaken the search for Brian or the donations or anything, in fact this should motivate all of us more to try and help out and support them as much as we can..But it's such a great loss....I'm still in shock....
    I'm motivated to find Brian for Randy.....I made a promise to Randy I would do everything I could do to find him and get the word out.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • I'm sorry to those of you who have stayed so close to this investigation and must terribly saddened by this news.

what a shock
    I'm sorry to those of you who have stayed so close to this investigation and must terribly saddened by this news.

what a shock
    I truely can't grasp how one family could lose so much within a small amount of time. I've called Randy's home and cell numerous times, still in disbelief, hoping he'll just pick up the phone!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Terrible news. Just terrible.

RIP Randy

We'll never quit doing what we can to find Brian.

If there is any comfort in this, it is that now Randy knows what happened to Brian. He's got all the answers.
  • yahamita wrote:
    I'm motivated to find Brian for Randy.....I made a promise to Randy I would do everything I could do to find him and get the word out.

I can't believe this ! So sad. L - you know I'll help do whatever to help you. Wow - so shocked by this news.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
    EdVedHed wrote:
    I can't believe this ! So sad. L - you know I'll help do whatever to help you. Wow - so shocked by this news.
    Thanks Heid..I noticed you had called, but the boss was in the office..I still want to move forward with the Seattle fundraiser. I just need to connect with another family member to discuss what Randy and I had..I'm still in shock over this one. I have their pics on my frig for motivation. Sad sad day for this family yet again..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Completely Unbelievable :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    This whole thing is just really fucked up.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    a BIG thank you to those of you who contacted me about donating. PJ fans are so kind and generous. Proof there are still good folks out there walking this earth wanting to help others in need.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,735
    Hello All,

Sorry to be the one to bring the bad news but I felt I had to let you guys know.

Randy's Obituary was listed in our local paper this morning . They have a feature to sign a virtual guestbook @www.dispatch.com/obituaries.

Mickeyrat
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • http://www.legacy.com/Dispatch/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=117557618

As it says, CrimeStoppers would be an excellent place to make donations to, and please continue the search.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • IamMine wrote:
    I look forward to the latest information shared by the Minnesota PD that could shed some light on this case!

I hate to divert attention from the latest development, but is there any word from Minnesota, or did I miss something?
  • That's a great heads up Lost in Ohio! And thanks to all who are really just doing everything they can to help out yahamita and the cause...I'm still very shaken up by this news, I can't get over it and for you, it must be real hard, I mean you had contact with Randy, we are just merely his supporters and helpers....but you knew him and I'm so shocked and at the same time amazed that you are still motivated and going to move forth...It's amazing, I really admire that, yahamita, your will is sooo strong! I'm blown away by that...and that should be an example to all, that strong will goes a long way...Strength and faith is key....I don't want to sound ridiculous, but as Eddie sung, "Keep setting forth" but it's true....

Again, you guys are just a wonderful set of PJ fans...I've never known that their fanbase would be just a bunch of kind, compassionate and giving people, really makes my faith in humanity stronger, like yahamita said, it's just so great to know that there are amazing people like you guys walking this earth! Keep on keepin' on :) I wish there's more I could do though, I feel pretty helpless just sitting here....

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • this is so fuckin sad! i'm so sorry
    I hate to divert attention from the latest development, but is there any word from Minnesota, or did I miss something?
    With losing Randy, I lost my connection and any information he recently obtained. Since I am not family, I'm not sure what info they would share with me. I just hope someone in the family reads this and get's ahold of me. I need to know who to send questions and info I receive if any from America's Most Wanted. I know they have the packet I sent, they sent a reply saying they are reviewing it..I've been calling Randy's home and cell nonstop in hopes someone will just pick up!!! I need a new contact! I also called Columbus area Crimestoppers yesterday, and left a message as to what happened to Randy, and for officer Kevin Miles to get ahold of me regarding Brians case.
    That's a great heads up Lost in Ohio! And thanks to all who are really just doing everything they can to help out yahamita and the cause...I'm still very shaken up by this news, I can't get over it and for you, it must be real hard, I mean you had contact with Randy, we are just merely his supporters and helpers....but you knew him and I'm so shocked and at the same time amazed that you are still motivated and going to move forth...It's amazing, I really admire that, yahamita, your will is sooo strong! I'm blown away by that...and that should be an example to all, that strong will goes a long way...Strength and faith is key....I don't want to sound ridiculous, but as Eddie sung, "Keep setting forth" but it's true....

Again, you guys are just a wonderful set of PJ fans...I've never known that their fanbase would be just a bunch of kind, compassionate and giving people, really makes my faith in humanity stronger, like yahamita said, it's just so great to know that there are amazing people like you guys walking this earth! Keep on keepin' on :) I wish there's more I could do though, I feel pretty helpless just sitting here....

This just brought tears to my eyes..faith, hope peace and love!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • I know she's really busy, but you could get in contact with Alexis. She may have contact information for someone(s) we don't have.

I'm sure there'll be people at Randy's house over the next several weeks to talk, console, visit, share, laugh, cry, and sadly, collect things and clean the house.

Keep trying! :) And if you get an opportunity to leave a recorded message, do so!
  • yahamita wrote:
    This just brought tears to my eyes..faith, hope peace and love!

I hope those are tears of joy or hope! The last thing I want to do is depress you lol....

But that's right Yahamita! Faith, hope, peace and love....that's the key! :), Just keep on trying and don't ever let anything get you down! The "Jamily" is here to help and support :D

Peace Yahamita!