Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-25-0002.html

A bone was found in an area where Brian's cell phone was last used. The bone is currently undergoing testing.

do they think there is some connection between brian and this other guy who is missing? haven't checked this thread for awhile and wondering if i missed something???

feel so bad for the family and friends, it must be torture every single day. i hope they find some answers soon.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    I can't believe that they still haven't found this guy!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I know this sounds a bit crazy but has any one tried a physic . I have seen
    alot and maybe just maybe one can help. I am going to Sylvia Browns web and am going to ask if she can help but I don,t know which link is the best to give her. my prayers are with him and his family .I hope they find him safe
  • moondancer wrote:
    I know this sounds a bit crazy but has any one tried a physic . I have seen
    alot and maybe just maybe one can help. I am going to Sylvia Browns web and am going to ask if she can help but I don,t know which link is the best to give her. my prayers are with him and his family .I hope they find him safe

While I understand your desire to help, try asking Sean Hornbeck's parents what they think of her.

And that's just the beginning...
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Hello again just wanted to let you know i email the montel williams show and asked if he could help even put his missing poster up on his show ,also if he could talk to sylvia broan she and he are good friends so i hope they will help find brian light a candle for him and hope to get help for him
  • something is better than nothing even if montel williams does a plug with his
    missing poster its something .do you know what i mean?
  • my son was gone for 4 months i was going crazy his X took off his kids and he left to go looking for them .He didn't tell any one he was going i was beside myself wondering if he was okey there's nothing worse than not knowing .
  • You mean this Sylvia Browne?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKyzBe0CA2Q

I apologize for the comical nature of this video, as this is a very serious topic, but it does highlight what a joke this so-called psychic is.

At least in my humble opinion.

The people looking for this guy have already done the best things they could do - filed a missing person report, and continuing to get the story & picture out there to as many people as possible. The more eyes looking, the better. Think about it, some stranger in New York (me) knows who this guy is, what he looks like, and what tattoo he has.

Anyway, hang in there & don't give up hope.
    motel money murder madness
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-25-0002.html

A bone was found in an area where Brian's cell phone was last used. The bone is currently undergoing testing.

have the results from this come back yet?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    From Alexis' MySpace Blog on July 12, 2007:

The fundraiser for Crimestoppers started at 1pm and lasted until 7pm. I got there at about 1:15 (I had been at the hospital all morning and had to get home and get cleaned up so I was a bit late) and they were taking donations at the door, you could buy tickets for food, raffle tickets, and then there was a silent auction. The auction had a lot of fun OSU stuff (signed footballs, signed posters for basketball and football, etc), some jewelery, and tickets to other events. There were a couple of musical acts, and they were both very good. At about 3 or so, Randy, Tony Luzio Sr (Tony Luzio Jr has been missing for two years as of July 4), and Kevin Miles (head of Crimestoppers in central Ohio) got up to thank people and to tell us about a new way they are trying to spread the word of safety. They created to awards that will be given out each year (assuming they have a person to give them to). One is the Tony Luzio Courage Award, which goes to someone who goes up and above the call of duty to help the safety of others; this year they are giving it to a police officer. The second award is the Brian Shaffer Achievement Award, which will go to someone who has learned about safety and used in a productive way. This year, a 9 year old girl here in the Columbus area was approached by some men in a parking garage and they tried to abduct her; she started screaming which brought attention to her and likely saved her life. Very, very cool. By about 4:30 everyone who I knew had left (besides Brian's dad and the Luzio family) and I was wiped out physically and emotionally, so I headed home to get some studying in and calm down. When I did get hold of Randy this week, he said that the rest of the night went well, and that they had raised about $9000 for Crimestoppers, which was just fantastic! It's such a phenomenal organization, and as everyone knows, really helped us out so much in the last year

From
    Alexis' MySpace Blog on August 30, 2007:

Last weekend I think most people heard about the volunteer search group that came in from Texas, called EquuSearch. They are a group formed by a man who's daugher was murdered and found 17 months later a number of years ago, and who has now made it his business to help other families who have lost loved ones. They came with a trailer and lots of volunteers as well as the ability to search water with a boat and sonar and to search the sky with a helicopter. They came to help find Brian and Tony Luzio. Unfortunately nothing came of the search except to get them in the news once again and to rule out some areas. They were fantastic people, and it was wonderful that they wanted to help us find Brian and Tony. I was able to meet them last Friday and answered a lot of questions, many of which I hadn't talked about in a long, long time. It was painful to talk about again, but not nearly as heart wrenching as before. It seems so long ago now. I was supposed to go out of town that weekend when I found out that they were coming and I made the decision to continue with my plans instead of staying as I wasn't going to be any more help there than I would have been anywhere else as long as I could answer whatever questions that they had. I felt better about my decision when they backed me up and said that it was time to accept help from others and look forward more than backward.

From Alexis' MySpace Blog on September 22, 2007:

I should have written a blog earlier about the search for Brian that happened in August. Obviously nothing came of it, as I would have written otherwise. I really wasn't expecting them to find anything, as that is how it's been now for almost 18 months. We get excited about something, then nothing comes of it. I spoke with Randy a couple of times on Thursday and he said that they are possibly coming back from Texas again in November, but we haven't heard for sure. I don't know what they plan on doing the next time.

And her dog died :( earlier this summer. Read about Ellie here.

Here's the MySpace version of Help Find Brian Shaffer.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • i think its fuckin crazy if this is the same dude i read about on here back in like March.... i mean shit......
    sometimes i walk, sometimes i kneel, sometimes i speak of nothing at all...

www.myspace/riotacter

9/24/96, 11/18/97, 11/19/97, 6/14/98, 6/29/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 9/7/98, 8/3/00, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 9/4/00, 9/5/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 7/1/03, 7/12/03(fav.), 10/6/04, 5/30/06, 8/5/07....
  • You think the ten club will hold his number if hes ever found?
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    You think the ten club will hold his number if hes ever found?

What the hell kind of comment is that? Who really cares? When (yes, when) he's found I hope they give him TC#1.

This is too important of a story to be worrying about a 10C number. Fuck.

Rant over. Any word on the results from the bone that was found?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    I don't know who those bones belonged to, but there is nothing new to report. The search company brought in from Texas (EquuSearch) didn't find anything.

As for his 10C number, anyone could still pay it in his name, it doesn't have to be the owner of that number.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    bump.

no new information from anyone??
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • I have nothing.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    What the hell kind of comment is that? Who really cares? When (yes, when) he's found I hope they give him TC#1.

This is too important of a story to be worrying about a 10C number. Fuck.

Rant over. Any word on the results from the bone that was found?

Yeah... I agree... kind of a dumbass post the guy made...
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    While I understand your desire to help, try asking Sean Hornbeck's parents what they think of her.

And that's just the beginning...
    Sylvia is just out for money and fame. She started years ago on the Montell Show. I've seen another lady on America's Most Wanted who had a much accurate account of missing persons than anyone Ive seen. I still think AMW needs to be involved somehow..they have the resources to work with.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • bump
  • bump

you bumped a sticky????
    "It's all happening"
  • you bumped a sticky????

Newbie alert?

pearljammer555, this thread is "stuck" to the top of the list, which means that no matter how long it's been since a response, it's not going anywhere.

And no new news to report.

Keep the faith.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I went to the movie theater which is in that same complex as Ugly Tuna Saloona (the bar where Brian was last seen.) I rode that same escalator where he was last captured on video.

He was in my thoughts that day.

(And if you ask, I saw American Gangster.)
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Newbie alert?

pearljammer555, this thread is "stuck" to the top of the list, which means that no matter how long it's been since a response, it's not going anywhere.

And no new news to report.

Keep the faith.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I went to the movie theater which is in that same complex as Ugly Tuna Saloona (the bar where Brian was last seen.) I rode that same escalator where he was last captured on video.

He was in my thoughts that day.

(And if you ask, I saw American Gangster.)

Thanks for the update, LIO.

Did you go inside the bar?

I know it sounds creepy and probably not right, but I'd go inside and try to see how it could have happened that night with different scenarios.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! :)

The Brian Shaffer Missing T-Shirt that I had made is fading. :(

I got to order another one in the near future...

Anyway, I searched for any updates online and this is what I got as of November 28, 2007 from http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071128/UPDATES01/71128004
    [size=+2]Search for Shaffer continues Dec. 8[/size]

COLUMBUS — The search for Brian Shaffer will continue on Dec. 8 when Shaffer’s family and a search group from Texas get together in Columbus.

Shaffer grew up in Baltimore and went to Pickerington High School. He has been missing since April 1, 2006 when he disappeared from the Ohio State campus area.

Volunteers are needed to help with the search. If interested, call 614-645-8477 (TIPS) to sign up to help.

Hope those of you who live near or inside the city can help out? I think it would really comfort the father with some PJ fans around, knowing that Brain loved PJ so much.

Just a suggestion, that's all.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • I did go inside the bar on a seperate visit, summer 2006.
  • Never give up hope!

Not sure if you guys saw the story about a guy from the UK a couple of days ago?
    He had been missing for five years. All he could remember was his name.
    He went missing after a kayaking accident. It was in the news here in Sweden yesterday.
    I really do hope and pray that they find Brian. Even though I don't know him, he seems like a great bloke.

Good luck to all on the 8th..
  • The search that was scheduled for Saturday, December 8th has been cancelled. This was necessary due to unforeseen illness in the Texas EquuSearch team and scheduling conflicts. Please continue to keep Brian and his family in your prayers.

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/
  • of one of us(or anyone for stupid reasons) breaks my heart. i've got to know a few of you, but i would do anything to save him or any of you.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    i just saw a THS on E! about him.
    I miss igotid88
  • deleted by user
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • wilmack88 wrote:
    why is this a sticky? if he's been missing for almost 2 years, odds are he's not going to be found. just curious. kind of annoying to have 15 sticky threads at the top of this board and this seems like one that is unnecessary at this point in time

Um, is it really that big of a hassle for you? It's a sticky because people have been following this case since he went missing, and even Pearl Jam has made mention of it at concerts. I'd like to think that your having to scroll down an extra half-inch is somewhat less of a problem than what those who are worrying about Brian are experiencing.
  • wilmack88 wrote:
    why is this a sticky? if he's been missing for almost 2 years, odds are he's not going to be found. just curious. kind of annoying to have 15 sticky threads at the top of this board and this seems like one that is unnecessary at this point in time

Yeah, that extra roll on the mouse to go past this sticky really chaps my ass too.

Get over yourself, man.