Bonnaroo is definite

Comments

• glbglb Posts: 356
    Widespread Panic? Wow, the worst band ever!

Yeah, that's probably why they have sold out Phillips Arena (previously the Omni) for the New Years Eve show 17 years in a row. ;)
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Widespread Panic? Wow, the worst band ever!

I hope they aren't at Bonnaroo again this year. How many time can they book WSP to play there?
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    remember it is a jam band festival for the most part with some random rock, hip hop and dj in the mix
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    :eek: Maggie is the festival girl.. me and her will start hunting up definites..

hehe Maggie.. like how I volunteered you? :angel:

Wonder if there's a discount for renting multiple RVs? Cuz yeah.. the list is already up to like 18 people by loose count

I can get cheap van rentals but it would hard to sleep in a van... would have still pitch a tent...
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12 wrote:
    remember it is a jam band festival for the most part with some random rock, hip hop and dj in the mix

Have you been to Bonnaroo recently? It really isn't a jam band festival anymore - it did start out that way, but it has become much more diverse over the years. The headliners the past few years have included Tool, The Police, Radiohead, Tom Petty, and that doesn't include the hundreds of other non-jam bands that play throughout the 4 days.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Klausen WILL NOT be doing the poster...

a birdie told me this afternoon...
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    seren327 wrote:
    Have you been to Bonnaroo recently? It really isn't a jam band festival anymore - it did start out that way, but it has become much more diverse over the years. The headliners the past few years have included Tool, The Police, Radiohead, Tom Petty, and that doesn't include the hundreds of other non-jam bands that play throughout the 4 days.

it's roots are still in psychedelic/jam/"hippie" music, though. radiohead is definitely popular with a lot of those fans - as is tom petty. tool is definitely down those lines.

mine guess for some of the bands @ roo this year:

pearl jam
    oasis
    roger waters
    counting crows
    ...phish?

i think the first 3 are definite
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,238
    BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    drew0 wrote:
    it's roots are still in psychedelic/jam/"hippie" music, though. radiohead is definitely popular with a lot of those fans - as is tom petty. tool is definitely down those lines.

mine guess for some of the bands @ roo this year:

pearl jam
    oasis
    roger waters
    counting crows
    ...phish?

i think the first 3 are definite

I don't want to see Phish at Roo. If they want to make a comeback, they could sell out a 2 day festival with no other bands playing, just Phish.

I also hope the rumor about Metallica being on the lineup turns out to be false. Of course, if they would be there, I'll be able to find something else to do during their set.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page announced at a press conference early this morning in Tokyo that if the band were to reunite for a large-scale tour, it wouldn’t happen until at least September. Page, who was in Japan promoting Mothership, cited previous commitments, most notably Robert Plant’s joint tour with Alison Krauss, as the main stalling point, saying, “Robert Plant also had a parallel project running and he’s really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can’t give you any news.” The news rubbishes all those “Led Zeppelin headlining Bonnaroo” rumors, as well as the claims made by the Cult’s Ian Astbury, who told a Cincinnati crowd his band would open for Zeppelin during their reunion tour. Zep’s Robert Plant, who attended the New York Knicks game Friday night and was interviewed at halftime by MSG TV, said of Led Zeppelin possibly getting back together, “You never know what is around the corner.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/01/28/page-plant-continue-to-hint-at-full-scale-led-zeppelin-reunion/?utm_source=weekly-newsletter&utm_medium=email
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Well, Bonnaroo Radio's hints have basically confirmed that Pearl Jam is indeed headlining Roo in 2008. Among the other hints:

"There is more than one Manchester..." could be New Order, Sex Pistols, Oasis, The Verve or the Happy Mondays.

"Memphis is not Albany..." refers to B.B. King, I think.

"Clouds taste this way..." refers to a Flaming Lips, as in “Clouds Taste Metallic.” That’s probably... Metallica. Ugh.

"Some herrings taste red, Jimmy" Maybe Jimmy Page, but that's probably too obvious.

"Hard Substance, Soft Substance" ???

"Three certain birds add one" The Wailers?

"Janis Joplin Preserves will be served" = Pearl Jam. Janis was nicknamed Pearl, her first solo album was called "Pearl" and she wore pearls. Pearl preserves is Pearl Jam!

"Rumors are just rumors, but twist them sideways, grow your humor hair and they become a more yen reality. No, this is not about Fleewood Mac." There having fun with the Zeppelin rumor here... or are they?

"It's not sour, what is sewed in the earth." ???

“Look to the center of Europe to get the sound, but the band comes from all around.” ???
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    ...despite all the talk of it being dirty/dusty/stinky.. this gave me hope!

If you need a new look, there is no better place to be than the Rock Your Style Bonnaroo Salon. With our friends at Garnier Fructis, we’ve created a salon where you can relax, get your hair washed and styled, and pick up free samples of Garnier Fructis products and other great gifts. Who said you can’t look good at Bonnaroo?

http://www.bonnaroo.com/activities/salon-powered-by-garnier-fructis.aspx
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    ...despite all the talk of it being dirty/dusty/stinky.. this gave me hope!

If you need a new look, there is no better place to be than the Rock Your Style Bonnaroo Salon. With our friends at Garnier Fructis, we’ve created a salon where you can relax, get your hair washed and styled, and pick up free samples of Garnier Fructis products and other great gifts. Who said you can’t look good at Bonnaroo?

http://www.bonnaroo.com/activities/salon-powered-by-garnier-fructis.aspx

Laura do they do single day passes? Do you know?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • my2hands wrote:
    Klausen WILL NOT be doing the poster...

a birdie told me this afternoon...

Instead of being vague and acting as if you are in the know, maybe you should let people know Brad said that on Expresso Beans this afternoon. You might feel cool coming on here with what you think is "inside" info but you aren't :)
  • Laura do they do single day passes? Do you know?

There are no single day passes. But they do have day parking, so if you want to stay at a hotel or live nearby you can go in each day. That's what I do because I live close.
  • seren327 wrote:
    There are no single day passes. But they do have day parking, so if you want to stay at a hotel or live nearby you can go in each day. That's what I do because I live close.

How much are tickets usually? Like insanely expensive?
    I can only go if Pearl Jam plays Saturday or Sunday night as I'm driving from Miami and juggling 3 kids to stay with my parents while my husband and I get our PJ fix isn't always the easiest thing to do :D
  • How much are tickets usually? Like insanely expensive?
    I can only go if Pearl Jam plays Saturday or Sunday night as I'm driving from Miami and juggling 3 kids to stay with my parents while my husband and I get our PJ fix isn't always the easiest thing to do :D

They usually are around $200 - last year they had a 3 tier sale. Once the 1st tier at the lower price sold out, then the price went up and so on. I think the final tier price was $225 plus all the fees so around $240 probably.

If you need any information on Bonnaroo, everything you need is here:

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi
  • seren327 wrote:
    They usually are around $200 - last year they had a 3 tier sale. Once the 1st tier at the lower price sold out, then the price went up and so on. I think the final tier price was $225 plus all the fees so around $240 probably.

If you need any information on Bonnaroo, everything you need is here:

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi

Thanks ;)
    I found some info on how the ticket sale was done on their myspace page. :)
  • Thanks ;)
    I found some info on how the ticket sale was done on their myspace page. :)

Mmmm not sure about that. The last 2 times I followed the link from Bonnaroo.com and bought them through Musictoday.com. Their fees are not as much as Ticketmaster :)
  • I'm trying to decide whether I should graduate high school on June 14th or go to Bonnaroo :mad:
  • seren327 wrote:
    Mmmm not sure about that. The last 2 times I followed the link from Bonnaroo.com and bought them through Musictoday.com. Their fees are not as much as Ticketmaster :)

Yeah I'll probably follow the link through their official page when they go on sale.
    I have never been to Bonnaroo, havent done festivals since Woodstock in 94 - LOL but I saw the tier price ticket thing you were talking about at the Bonnaroo's myspace page for last year...
  • I'm trying to decide whether I should graduate high school on June 14th or go to Bonnaroo :mad:
    if you don't have to make a speech or anything, do the 'roo

I would suggest graduating... you will regret it if you dont go to your graduation to go to Bonnaroo IMO
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm trying to decide whether I should graduate high school on June 14th or go to Bonnaroo :mad:
    are they not giving you the diploma anyway even if you don't attend graduation (I wouldn't know, where I come from there's no such thing as graduation..you pass or fail and that's it).
    If so..then where would you rather be:
    getting pissed with a bunch of high-school students or getting high on awesome music with a bunch of music lovers?

up to you...
  • Yeah I'll probably follow the link through their official page when they go on sale.
    I have never been to Bonnaroo, havent done festivals since Woodstock in 94 - LOL but I saw the tier price ticket thing you were talking about at the Bonnaroo's myspace page for last year...

It's worth every single penny and more and you will have a blast. The diversity of the music is awesome and the people are awesome. It's just great times in general.

It is however VERY hot in TN in June, so be prepared for that. Just read all the threads about being prepared on the link I gave you. I thought I was prepared the 1st year and I was very wrong :P
  • Pegasus wrote:
    are they not giving you the diploma anyway even if you don't attend graduation (I wouldn't know, where I come from there's no such thing as graduation..you pass or fail and that's it).
    If so..then where would you rather be:
    getting pissed with a bunch of high-school students or getting high on awesome music with a bunch of music lovers?

up to you...

yeah i get the diploma either way and I don't have to make a speech. I would have no problem missing it.. my parents will see it differently, though.

I'm a Mum of a highschooler and I would totally understand if she chose to go to Roo over graduating. (I have been taking her with me since she was 14). Roo is a life changing experience and I would recommend it to anyone who loves music. Graduation is more for others than it is for you anyway. I know which I would choose :P

that would be an easy decision for me! screw school
  • Makin the road trip from Louisville! HELL YEAH if this happens. Party on biatches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seren327 wrote:
    It's worth every single penny and more and you will have a blast. The diversity of the music is awesome and the people are awesome. It's just great times in general.

It is however VERY hot in TN in June, so be prepared for that. Just read all the threads about being prepared on the link I gave you. I thought I was prepared the 1st year and I was very wrong :P

LOL! I can do hot... I'm from Miami :D We will go prepared, we are only going for the day PJ will be playing though, we cant swing that many days out of town