Bonnaroo is definite

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,970
    Well I only hope there are more dates

and

it makes sense-do bonaroo-and the entire south can come

:)

Then get back to playing gigs up east will ya!
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    One of the clues was "Janis Joplin preserves will be served". THAT'S Pearl Jam.

Janis Joplin's record = Pearl, preserves = Jam

oooohh, I like that one!
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Aahhhhh, Caaaampiiiing!!!! :D
    Well shiz.... guess we are gonna be doin the campin thing :D

I just hope if they are doing other dates in the south... they are kind enough to let us know asap.... last time.. due to not really being able to plan anything... i didnt get any posters and sometimes no food! lol Least i saw the shows though ;);)

Well im gonna go ahead and get excited then...

Yeah, no kidding. I passed up on going to San Fran to see them because I figured they would eventually release some southern dates. I only blame myself though. :o
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Hmm, this is gonna be a tough call...guess it depends on if they announce that this is just the beginning of more shows later in the year or something along those lines.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    glb wrote:
    apparently they are giving clues out on radio roo.

from inforoo:

The DJ just came on and said

Clue #1 "For all you lineup lookers....here is a clue: There is more than one Manchester."

Clue #2 20 miniutes later she said " Memphis is not Albany" How fun is this?

Clue #3 "Clouds taste this way"

Clue #4 "Some Herrings are red, Jimmy"

Clue #5 "Hard Substance, Soft Substance"

Please focus on clue 5. After she said the clue, apparently they play a song.

"hard substance, soft substance" next clue followed by Galactic- Uptown Oddissey .... so this is the clue and the song that followed.

here is some one's view on clue 5 that i particularly like: "Hey guys! Long time lurker on this fine board. This whole clue ordeal makes me want to throw in my 2 cents. "Hard substance,soft substance"=Pearl Jam? "

and another little quote from some one that is very intuative: "These lyrics are in the song Uptown Odyssey, by Galactic...

"In the months
    Their innocence began to fade
    They were 17 years old
    Felt like bird let out of a cage"

Pearl Jam recorded and released 'Ten' in 1991, 17 years ago."

:D

WTF Bonaroo has it's own radio station??????? I see the DJ's are as carzy as Peanut Butter guy.......

and stuff like clue number 4 is what I am trying avoid... no more of the trippy LSD flashback shit.....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    One of the clues was "Janis Joplin preserves will be served". THAT'S Pearl Jam.

Janis Joplin's record = Pearl, preserves = Jam

okay and you are not allowed to go ;)
    KDH12 wrote:
    WTF Bonaroo has it's own radio station??????? I see the DJ's are as carzy as Peanut Butter guy.......

and stuff like clue number 4 is what I am trying avoid... no more of the trippy LSD flashback shit.....

my only guess on that would be Jimmy Herring with Panic. I don't know though, I stopped reading once I got the PJ speculations :D.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    See you all there :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I hope if they play other dates around Bonnaroo (anywhere in the US, I don't care; once I've crossed the Atlantic, might as well keep going ;)), they do it quickly.. before we book our flights..
  • KDH12 wrote:
    okay and you are not allowed to go ;)

Already got the RV booked, darlin' :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    Already got the RV booked, darlin' :D

there's gonna be 3 or more RV's out of Chicago.. how crazy is that??? :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Ya I'd say Bonnaroo radio has made is pretty certain that PJ will be there. Now if we can only figure out those other clues.
    Foxy Mop wrote:

save me a fucking seat..........

at least you all will make it fun right...... and do they sell alcohol and are we allowed to bring own bottles in?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Foxy Mop wrote:

that's very cool cause i will be on one of those :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Ya I'd say Bonnaroo radio has made is pretty certain that PJ will be there. Now if we can only figure out those other clues.

will some one please tell my why Bonaroo has it's own radio station? Do people care enough to listen to it outside the other 362 days a year that the festival is not taken place.....

oh yeah and with such obvious clues as the red herring flies over janis Joplin really point to PJ :D
    that's very cool cause i will be on one of those :D

heehee! You on the Speedypalooza mobile? Ahh we get to get our drink on agaiN! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    since flights to Tenessee are so expensive, chances are we'll head back to last year crime scene to head down.. and ROAD TRIP!!

any chance for some Euro hitchickers? ;)

(we're happy to camp, used to it..just need to get there :))
    Red Lukin wrote:

BEASITE BOYS IS THE 3RD CLUE! hopefully:

"Clouds Taste Metallic is the seventh album by the band The Flaming Lips, released on September 19, 1995. It is the last Flaming Lips album featuring guitarist Ronald Jones, and the last album presenting the group as a guitar-driven, alternative rock band.

"They Punctured My Yolk" was sampled on Beastie Boys' To the 5 Boroughs album. The album's recording is featured heavily in the documentary The Fearless Freaks.

"Bad Days" had previously been released on the EP Due to High Expectations... The Flaming Lips Are Providing Needles for Your Balloons and the soundtrack of Batman Forever.

The title of the album apparently came from a conversation with Tool drummer, Danny Carey, that said that "Clouds Taste Metallic".[citation needed]
    "
  • KDH12 wrote:
    will some one please tell my why Bonaroo has it's own radio station? Do people care enough to listen to it outside the other 362 days a year that the festival is not taken place.....

oh yeah and with such obvious clues as the red herring flies over janis Joplin really point to PJ :D

It's just a streaming station. It's not like, an actual station with a DJ and news and weather and stuff.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    Pegasus wrote:
    since flights to Tenessee are so expensive, chances are we'll head back to last year crime scene to head down..

any chance for some Euro hitchickers? ;)

I know Speedy mentioned his BUS.. and luvistower has an RV.. as Maggie/AvocadoLady said, a bunch of us were already talking RV too.. add in Liam, Nick & the Detroit peeps there'd be a whole caravan!!! Maybe Jay will be down to finally bring the Touring Van through the midwest.. so I imagine there'll be lots of opportunities for rides.. we just have to figure them out! :eek:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    It's just a streaming station. It's not like, an actual station with a DJ and news and weather and stuff.

Sorry I am just too cynical I suppose
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    I know Speedy mentioned his BUS.. and luvistower has an RV.. as Maggie/AvocadoLady said, a bunch of us were already talking RV too.. add in Liam, Nick & the Detroit peeps there'd be a whole caravan!!! Maybe Jay will be down to finally bring the Touring Van through the midwest.. so I imagine there'll be lots of opportunities for rides.. we just have to figure them out! :eek:
    this could be quite the little adventure.....hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    this could be quite the little adventure.....hehehehe

exactly!! I know me, a few of the girls & the other evil redhead aren't too keen on the camping idea... are you definitely doing the bus?
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • the 3rd clue is MetallicA
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    exactly!! I know me, a few of the girls & the other evil redhead aren't too keen on the camping idea... are you definitely doing the bus?
    all depends on the bands playing....

but YES i'll rent an r.v.

i just want bonaroo to start posting info on their website so i can reserve parking for the speedymobile......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    TheGossman wrote:
    festvals give fans like me who don't have a decent 10club number the chance to get up close and see the band front row, all of you that are complaining, we'll have fun without you!

i LOVE this post!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i LOVE this post!!!

SENROCK!!! How the hell are you, haven't talked to you since I saw you in Chicago last year!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    SENROCK!!! How the hell are you, haven't talked to you since I saw you in Chicago last year!

or in 2006, man time flies
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    I'll probobly be camping out, first time I bust out my 10 man tent, I don't know if it was originally designed for homos, but women are welcome in it