Bonnaroo is definite

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    KDH12 wrote:
    watch PJ play there greatest hits for 1-1.5 hours with 200,000 other people....

Actually, Bonnaroo headliners often play 3 hour sets.

PJ--though I love 'em--don't have enough 'hits' to span that long of a set. They'd have to pull out some of their lesser-known catalog.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rhinomagic wrote:

PJ--though I love 'em--don't have enough 'hits' to span that long of a set.

what the hell are you talking about...

thanks for the laugh... :)

they have enough of a catalog to play a 5 hour set... without even playing a "hit" :cool:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    my2hands wrote:

really lmao ,i guess the person never heard of the mansfield show experiment or penn state very close to 3hr show ...if i'm correct
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    my2hands wrote:

My point was that, to the casual or un-interested music fan, Pearl Jam is mostly from a bygone era. People don't listen to them with the frequency we do, and therefore, don't consider them to have lots of 'hits'.

I think ANY three-hour set from Pearl Jam is bound to be other-worldly. I just don't think every music fan would share that opinion.

That's all.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    KDH12 wrote:
    lets see your stone tablets there moses :)

the stone tablet is in hand... it will be released shortly... stay tuned and get your plane tickets ready :cool:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I think ANY three-hour set from Pearl Jam is bound to be other-worldly. I just don't think every music fan would share that opinion.

until they actually attend the show... :D
  • KDH12 wrote:
    I know you were not talking to me but.....
    You don't like festivals but you are questioning someone that doesn't like festivals?

Bonaroo is that worst, I went the first year of it and granted it was probably much more unorganized the first year...but why would I want to sleep in a grass parking lot for three days in the hot sun or rain and watch PJ play there greatest hits for 1-1.5 hours with 200,000 other people....

Lolla was better cuz i could go to the bar afterwards then home and sleep in my bed :)

That wasn't my point....
    I dont like festivals... so I'm not going to go, but others like festivals so why would I hope for them not to have a venue to attend to in the near future such as Bonaroo...

I'm hoping they play other cities so that I can have another option to see them on 2008...

but that I dont like festivals doesnt mean that Im going to hope they dont play one...I don't know if my point is getting across though.. I'm sick and I think that what I'm writing doesnt really express what I'm thinking if that makes any sense....

While even if they tell me PJ will play a solid 3 hours I still wouldn't go, I think that the assumption that because its a festival they will only play hits was debunked when they played Lolla and everyone thought the same thing and they were all pleasantly surprised..
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    rhinomagic wrote:
    My point was that, to the casual or un-interested music fan, Pearl Jam is mostly from a bygone era. People don't listen to them with the frequency we do, and therefore, don't consider them to have lots of 'hits'.

That's all.

Way to keep your cool and re-explain what was a very clear post. To complain and think that Pearl Jam would play a hits show at a festival makes no sense. They might play a lot of their singles but not many people, as you said, know NAIS, Insignificance, Hail, Hail, I Am Mine or even GTF as far as I know. It will be amazing. I too hope they play some shows after. Maybe they will head out to Red Rocks. It's past time for that.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
    Hatfield wrote:
    Maybe they will head out to Red Rocks. It's past time for that.

then i would not be going to bonnaroo... red rocks all the way
  • Hatfield wrote:
    Maybe they will head out to Red Rocks. It's past time for that.
    I'll ride out there with you. One of the best shows I have seen!!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    Hatfield wrote:
    Bonnaroo is a fantastic blend of amazing music and great people. If the first year didn't grab you then... Different strokes for different folks but that first year was special. Last year was great and this year will be even better because of Pearl Jam. It's 80,000 people and Pearl Jam will play for 3 hours, like every other headliner at Bonnaroo.

this will be my 1st bonnaroo. I've wanted to go to a couple others, but things didn't work out. And it starts on my birthday this year too! :D It sounds like a fricking blast to me.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • They were also "locked" to do Bonnaroo last year, I heard form tons of "inside" sources as well, then they backed out to go to Europe, so I would think they kinda feel they owe them after backing out last year.

But what i say still doesnt mean shit and NOTHING is DEFINITE until 10c says it is.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Hatfield wrote:
    Way to keep your cool and re-explain what was a very clear post. To complain and think that Pearl Jam would play a hits show at a festival makes no sense. They might play a lot of their singles but not many people, as you said, know NAIS, Insignificance, Hail, Hail, I Am Mine or even GTF as far as I know. It will be amazing. I too hope they play some shows after. Maybe they will head out to Red Rocks. It's past time for that.
    You have no idea what I would do for a 2 night stand at Red Rocks. My first concert was a Halt Petty show at the pepsi center and that was my last. IM READY FOR MY FIRST REAL PJ SHOW!
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    I better go get my camping gear out of storage!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,961
    Why do you hope they don't play Bonaroo? I'm not going even if they play there, I dont like festivals, but I'm just curious as to why you hope they don't play there?

People are assuming Bonaroo after reading the blog because when Jeff gave that speech that was talked about last year on here at the University in Missoula he mentioned it himself that they would be playing Bonaroo, of course is no official confirmation from the band but that is the reason why many are assuming Bonaroo is the best bet as to announcements next week.

I too hope they play other shows besides Bonaroo.

I just wish they would play somewhere else that I could go to.
    And Bonnaroo is my least favorite festival due to the camping requirement and the number of people.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,961
    KDH12 wrote:
    Bonaroo is that worst...but why would I want to sleep in a grass parking lot for three days in the hot sun or rain ....

Lolla was better cuz i could go to the bar afterwards then home and sleep in my bed :)

EXACTLY
    or even a five star hotel!
  • Yeah, the festivals can be tough, but hey... I'll take what PJ I can't get.

For what it's worth, there's been chatter about Gorge shows as well... and that's what they did in 2006 after being in the studio for a while. Who knows.

But I vote for the Gorge!! There's NOTHING like it!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Hatfield wrote:
    Bonnaroo is a fantastic blend of amazing music and great people. If the first year didn't grab you then... Different strokes for different folks but that first year was special. Last year was great and this year will be even better because of Pearl Jam. It's 80,000 people and Pearl Jam will play for 3 hours, like every other headliner at Bonnaroo.

that first year was awful...... 2002 I think.... anyway

it took longer to get into the parking/camping area then it took to drive from chicago to the end of the line.....

it was hot with no shade except under the car......

they underestimated the amount of shit that would be created because the shitter filled up quickly over flowed and there were big puddles of poop, they worked 24 hours a day trying to keep them somewhat clean and empty

the music was good at times, over crowded at times and some folks are just there for the drugs....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    the announcement of a concert could be another vote for a change tour.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    dirtyT wrote:
    the announcement of a concert could be another vote for a change tour.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=271587
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • bonaroo really has zero appeal to me as all festivals do nowadays. been there, done that...not my thang. however, IF it were the only chance for a live pj fix this year, i might consdier it.

that said, whoever was dreaming of red rocks.......oooohhhhhhhhhhhmyyyyyyyyyyyy...i would soooo go! that is a 'dream pj show' for me, so just would hope it would be when i could make it!

and i too agree i hope and pray 10c announces ALL shows at ONCE..or as best they can, at least say more shows are in the works for wherever....etc.....just a CLUE what the grand plan may be a for a tour so we can all plan accordingly. *fingers crossed*

as long as it's between april 15th and september 1st...or after october 15th.....i'm in. for somethin'. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • See you cats there, buy tickets!!!! It'll be an awesome show!!
    Bonnaroo '08
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,041
    For all the people that keep complaining about Bonnaroo, here's something: Stop complaining about the festival and just don't go! Less people there= me closer to the front :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    festvals give fans like me who don't have a decent 10club number the chance to get up close and see the band front row, all of you that are complaining, we'll have fun without you!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    apparently they are giving clues out on radio roo.

from inforoo:

The DJ just came on and said

Clue #1 "For all you lineup lookers....here is a clue: There is more than one Manchester."

Clue #2 20 miniutes later she said " Memphis is not Albany" How fun is this?

Clue #3 "Clouds taste this way"

Clue #4 "Some Herrings are red, Jimmy"

Clue #5 "Hard Substance, Soft Substance"

Please focus on clue 5. After she said the clue, apparently they play a song.

"hard substance, soft substance" next clue followed by Galactic- Uptown Oddissey .... so this is the clue and the song that followed.

here is some one's view on clue 5 that i particularly like: "Hey guys! Long time lurker on this fine board. This whole clue ordeal makes me want to throw in my 2 cents. "Hard substance,soft substance"=Pearl Jam? "

and another little quote from some one that is very intuative: "These lyrics are in the song Uptown Odyssey, by Galactic...

"In the months
    Their innocence began to fade
    They were 17 years old
    Felt like bird let out of a cage"

Pearl Jam recorded and released 'Ten' in 1991, 17 years ago."

:D
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • One of the clues was "Janis Joplin preserves will be served". THAT'S Pearl Jam.

Janis Joplin's record = Pearl, preserves = Jam
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    glb wrote:
    apparently they are giving clues out on radio roo.

from inforoo:

The DJ just came on and said

Clue #1 "For all you lineup lookers....here is a clue: There is more than one Manchester."

Clue #2 20 miniutes later she said " Memphis is not Albany" How fun is this?

Clue #3 "Clouds taste this way"

Clue #4 "Some Herrings are red, Jimmy"

Clue #5 "Hard Substance, Soft Substance"

Please focus on clue 5. After she said the clue, apparently they play a song.

"hard substance, soft substance" next clue followed by Galactic- Uptown Oddissey .... so this is the clue and the song that followed.

here is some one's view on clue 5 that i particularly like: "Hey guys! Long time lurker on this fine board. This whole clue ordeal makes me want to throw in my 2 cents. "Hard substance,soft substance"=Pearl Jam? "

and another little quote from some one that is very intuative: "These lyrics are in the song Uptown Odyssey, by Galactic...

"In the months
    Their innocence began to fade
    They were 17 years old
    Felt like bird let out of a cage"

Pearl Jam recorded and released 'Ten' in 1991, 17 years ago."

:D

Well shiz.... guess we are gonna be doin the campin thing :D

I just hope if they are doing other dates in the south... they are kind enough to let us know asap.... last time.. due to not really being able to plan anything... i didnt get any posters and sometimes no food! lol Least i saw the shows though ;);)

Well im gonna go ahead and get excited then...
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    when does bonaroo take place?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    brainofPJ wrote:
    when does bonaroo take place?

June ...