Bonnaroo is definite

123457»

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Hinny wrote:
    Busting out the van for just the one show, to go all the way from VAN to Tennessee seems too crazy even by Jason's standards, if in fact he's done with his travels by June.
    Hinny wrote:
    I can see a lock for them London twins, Babs and Sandra. Emily just told me she's in. Carlos maybe? Einat doesn't really qualify as international since she's in Seattle. I personally can't justify (or afford) a trip out for just the one show (unless if it was like a farewell gig, or a Red Rocks/Gorge show)... not while I'm still in Australia anyway.
    it might be more than 1 date...hoping so.. will be there anyway, but if there's a couple of other shows anywhere on the continent within 2 weeks, I'll stay ;)
    haven't heard from Babs yet, but I'm sure she'll come, and yeah, Em is too.
    Michael seems interested, though not sure if he'd come.. Fleur and Ian seem pretty sure too!I'm sure we'll drag Tracy, and Pin might get tempted.
    though Helen said she can't..I'm still not giving up on her ;)
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    if someone is say, not really camping material, is Bonnaroo a horrible idea? I've been camping before, but where we had access to an RV and showers and stuff.. Can anyone provide a realistic imagine of how Bonnaroo is? I don't know anyone who has ever gone. I wouldn't have an RV, just a tent.. I'm not like a total princess or anything, I just have no idea what kind of atmosphere it is.

If it rains, and you only have a tent, are you totally screwed?

I've never camped in my life and I definitely am not camping material, so I figure the only way I can possibly cope is with an RV - camping is out of the question for me.

To find out more about what to bring, what to wear, etc. I've been checking Inforoo

Girls What to wear thread:
    http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=logistics&action=display&thread=1198767578&page=1

First Timers FAQ:
    http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=logistics&action=display&thread=1172253419

RV Info:
    http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=logistics&action=display&thread=1188265361

I admit, I'm not entirely sold on this whole idea, because it seems even more harsh than if it were camping at the Gorge.. but hey, life is about new experiences :o
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • :)

It was very hot last year.
    and dusty.
    inforoo is very helpful indeed.

they arent all your "hippie" type.
    they have threads on their site about caraving, aswell
  • i sleep in my car. :)

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• :) works for me, if it works for you.
    There is so much great music and fun things to do
    you wont have time to sleep
  • LBCaptin wrote:
    :) works for me, if it works for you.
    There is so much great music and fun things to do
    you wont have time to sleep

I was at the original B-roo and I slpet the first night...after that I think i maybe got 3 hours total.
    Always said I wont go back until PJ plays.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• upina2001 wrote:
    I was at the original B-roo and I slpet the first night...after that I think i maybe got 3 hours total.
    Always said I wont go back until PJ plays.

Nice, I went last year for the first time.
    I'm glad you are going.
    Pearl Jam will rock Bonnaroo.
    I'm kinda have high hopes.

Lol, ive been reading the "please play the south quotes"
    Entertaining
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    i went to roo i think 04
    2 nights of panic

said i'd never go back
    but i must say

best fucking bonnaroo ever?????
    pearl jam

front row
    mikes side
    ill be the pelican, you'll see.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Steveo wrote:
    i went to roo i think 04
    2 nights of panic

said i'd never go back

What happened?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    if someone is say, not really camping material, is Bonnaroo a horrible idea? I've been camping before, but where we had access to an RV and showers and stuff.. Can anyone provide a realistic imagine of how Bonnaroo is? I don't know anyone who has ever gone. I wouldn't have an RV, just a tent.. I'm not like a total princess or anything, I just have no idea what kind of atmosphere it is.

If it rains, and you only have a tent, are you totally screwed?

That's what I'm thinking about too. If its my only chance to see PJ in 2008, I may go, but I'm not much of an outdoor/camping person!

Now don't laugh, but is there internet access? (That's more the kind of person I am!)
    edit - oh yeah and what about charging cell phones?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • What happened?

Probably a bad batch of LSD
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    who is walking with me?

:D
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    my2hands wrote:
    who is walking with me?

Depends, what kind of drugs will we be on? I don't think I can walk that far sober
  • my2hands wrote:
    who is walking with me?

NOT me! :D

hahaha. seriously, i of course have been thinking about it. as i've said, bonaroo really doesn't appeal to me, but i was considering...and i realize, no thanks...i'll pass. while i would really, really love to see pearl jam this year...i've had a good run, seen them 22x since 2003, and the last 2 years a GREAT run....so many shows, home and abroad.

festivals are soooo NOT my thing nowadays....and in the HEAT of summer......noooooooo. makes it an easier decision. it's like the gorge. i went in 2005, sooooo glad i did! however, i did NOT feel bad about missing out in 2006 b/c the gorge in july?! definitely not for me! :p same thing with lolla....no thanks...had other shows.

i hope you all have a BLAST! i'll hope and await other shows for this year...save my time/money for them, and if not.........next time! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    my2hands wrote:
    Klausen WILL NOT be doing the poster...

a birdie told me this afternoon...
    a bird called BK? :D