Bonnaroo is definite

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited February 2008 in The Porch
see you freaks there...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    What makes you so sure?? Alongside Zeppelin??
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    definite... written in concrete... see you there...
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    wma11 wrote:
    What makes you so sure?? Alongside Zeppelin??

Led Zeppelin won't be there (though Robert Plant will).

Pearl Jam is a lock, from what I'm being told.

See you in Tennessee.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • ahhh thanks for making this grey cold rainy shitty day that much brighter!!
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • my2hands wrote:
    see you freaks there...

Fuck Bonnaroo what about Alpine Valley? :D
  • Fuck Bonnaroo what about Alpine Valley? :D

Amen to that!!
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I smell a tour....
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Link, quote, source, something please.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    yeah really

source please
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,994
    Bonnaroo? what happened to the annual Rainbow Family gathering in Wyoming this year???
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • I wouldn't say this makes it "definite" but it makes it pretty likely. Here is what I got from the Inforoo forums:

See the last sentence - Bonnaroo always announces it's line-up within the first few weeks of Feb

http://billboard.blogs.com/jadedinsi...ng-back-t.html

Bringing Back The Jam

While J.I. was watching his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers get obliterated tonight by the Seattle Supersonics (hey, no Lebron though), we took some solace in a quick on-air interview with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who revealed that the band was about to regroup after a six months-plus hiatus.

"We're gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff," said Ament, who also weighed in on the talents of star Sonics rookie Kevin Durant ("he's fast ... and long") and the quality of the snow in the Pacific Northwest of late ("probably the best in 10 years," he claimed).

Beyond the upcoming writing session, J.I. is in the know that Pearl Jam is going to play some shows before too long. One appearance may even be ready to announce as early as next week.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,994
    Cant really imagine any bennies of 10c tickets then. What happens with 10c tix at the euro festivals?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    whos your sources the site says nothing
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,041
    seren327 wrote:
    I wouldn't say this makes it "definite" but it makes it pretty likely. Here is what I got from the Inforoo forums:

See the last sentence - Bonnaroo always announces it's line-up within the first few weeks of Feb

Bringing Back The Jam

While J.I. was watching his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers get obliterated tonight by the Seattle Supersonics (hey, no Lebron though), we took some solace in a quick on-air interview with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who revealed that the band was about to regroup after a six months-plus hiatus.

"We're gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff," said Ament, who also weighed in on the talents of star Sonics rookie Kevin Durant ("he's fast ... and long") and the quality of the snow in the Pacific Northwest of late ("probably the best in 10 years," he claimed).

Beyond the upcoming writing session, J.I. is in the know that Pearl Jam is going to play some shows before too long. One appearance may even be ready to announce as early as next week.
    Sweet!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    seren327 wrote:
    I wouldn't say this makes it "definite" but it makes it pretty likely. Here is what I got from the Inforoo forums:

Bringing Back The Jam

that does not look like concrete if you ask me
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    my2hands wrote:
    definite... written in concrete... see you there...

lets see your stone tablets there moses :)

Like I said twice yesterday only believe about 10% of what you read here :)
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Cant really imagine any bennies of 10c tickets then. What happens with 10c tix at the euro festivals?
    there ain't any 10c tix at festivals.
    you got to fight it (or in the case of US ones, leg it) with every one else.

which reminds me, I better start that running training I planned on!! Venice and Lollapalooza almost killed me! :(
  • salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    KDH12 wrote:

yeah i agree

unless you got proof to post, lay off the cement
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
  • jaamfaan wrote:

I dont think Lolla had 10C tickets.. I dont think Bonaroo would if they confirm they were playing..

A friend from mine had to buy tix through regular sources for Lolla so I dont see Bonaroo being any different.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,961
    well that blog doesnt mean a thing

I really hope thay dont play Bonnaroo

but if they do, I really hope its not the only show

and

More importantly, I really hope the 10c gives all the dates at once (if its happening), unlike past years
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Get_Right wrote:

More importantly, I really hope the 10c gives all the dates at once (if its happening), unlike past years

GOD I HOPE SO TOO...

Last year was crazy..... Would be nice to be able to get everything planned this time around....
  • KDH12 wrote:

You are right on...most of this stuff is bull shit. It would be great if PJ played Bonnaroo, but I'll believe it when I see it. People who have 'inside' sources and don't give any more information are full of crap...
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,884
    Pegasus wrote:
    there ain't any 10c tix at festivals.
    you got to fight it (or in the case of US ones, leg it) with every one else.

which reminds me, I better start that running training I planned on!! Venice and Lollapalooza almost killed me! :(

come on that run was great!! The star wars music and everything!! I was about 5th, my friend was first to the rail, he's fast though, i cant keep up haha.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Get_Right wrote:

I really hope thay dont play Bonnaroo

Why do you hope they don't play Bonaroo? I'm not going even if they play there, I dont like festivals, but I'm just curious as to why you hope they don't play there?

People are assuming Bonaroo after reading the blog because when Jeff gave that speech that was talked about last year on here at the University in Missoula he mentioned it himself that they would be playing Bonaroo, of course is no official confirmation from the band but that is the reason why many are assuming Bonaroo is the best bet as to announcements next week.

I too hope they play other shows besides Bonaroo.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Why do you hope they don't play Bonaroo? I'm not going even if they play there, I dont like festivals, but I'm just curious as to why you hope they don't play there?

People are assuming Bonaroo after reading the blog because when Jeff gave that speech that was talked about last year on here at the University in Missoula he mentioned it himself that they would be playing Bonaroo, of course is no official confirmation from the band but that is the reason why many are assuming Bonaroo is the best bet as to announcements next week.

and i hope they don;t say "see southerners, we played a show in the south."
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Why do you hope they don't play Bonaroo? I'm not going even if they play there, I dont like festivals, but I'm just curious as to why you hope they don't play there?

Wait who said there was going to be an announcement next week? I won't be going anyways (broke college kid) but if they do tour I am planning on breaking my PJ Live virginity!
    Why do you hope they don't play Bonaroo? I'm not going even if they play there, I dont like festivals, but I'm just curious as to why you hope they don't play there?

I know you were not talking to me but.....
    You don't like festivals but you are questioning someone that doesn't like festivals?

Bonaroo is that worst, I went the first year of it and granted it was probably much more unorganized the first year...but why would I want to sleep in a grass parking lot for three days in the hot sun or rain and watch PJ play there greatest hits for 1-1.5 hours with 200,000 other people....

Lolla was better cuz i could go to the bar afterwards then home and sleep in my bed :)
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    all he is saying is that it's definite he's going to be there...

nothing else.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • That would be cool if they said "fuck the South" and just played Rochester 73 times.
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    KDH12 wrote:
    I know you were not talking to me but.....
    You don't like festivals but you are questioning someone that doesn't like festivals?

Bonaroo is that worst, I went the first year of it and granted it was probably much more unorganized the first year...but why would I want to sleep in a grass parking lot for three days in the hot sun or rain and watch PJ play there greatest hits for 1-1.5 hours with 200,000 other people....

Lolla was better cuz i could go to the bar afterwards then home and sleep in my bed :)

Bonnaroo is a fantastic blend of amazing music and great people. If the first year didn't grab you then... Different strokes for different folks but that first year was special. Last year was great and this year will be even better because of Pearl Jam. It's 80,000 people and Pearl Jam will play for 3 hours, like every other headliner at Bonnaroo.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23