Bonnaroo is definite

Comments

• seren327 wrote:
    I'm a Mum of a highschooler and I would totally understand if she chose to go to Roo over graduating. (I have been taking her with me since she was 14). Roo is a life changing experience and I would recommend it to anyone who loves music. Graduation is more for others than it is for you anyway. I know which I would choose :P

I'm going to need to put you into contact with my parents:p

I definitely agree that Bonnaroo will be MUCH more memorable than standing around with 500 kids, a good portion of which I don't like, listening to cliche speeches, and shaking the asshole principals' hand.. plus is pretty much my only opportunity to see PJ really close. I think I'll work on it.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    How much are tickets usually? Like insanely expensive?
    I can only go if Pearl Jam plays Saturday or Sunday night as I'm driving from Miami and juggling 3 kids to stay with my parents while my husband and I get our PJ fix isn't always the easiest thing to do :D
    word is they're playing Saturday, so you'll be fine.
  • Pegasus wrote:
    word is they're playing Saturday, so you'll be fine.

and I can't wait!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    seren327 wrote:
    Have you been to Bonnaroo recently? It really isn't a jam band festival anymore - it did start out that way, but it has become much more diverse over the years. The headliners the past few years have included Tool, The Police, Radiohead, Tom Petty, and that doesn't include the hundreds of other non-jam bands that play throughout the 4 days.

well the first Bonaroo was in 2002

I was at the first banaroo

it is now 2008

so no I have not been in awhile
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    wow, rv rental prices aren't so bad. You can hook a generator up to the rv and cool that sucker off during the day. Now that right there is worth it on its own!
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • if there is an rv from nyc or long island, pm me please. im gonna have a long few days debating how i might be able to afford this.
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Driving down from SEA anyone? Lets get this touring van going!! :)
  • I live only 3 hours away, in Knoxville, all pj fans are welcome, got a fully furnished room to stay in before the big event happens, and if you have not been to bonnaroo, put lolla on steroids
  • KDH12 wrote:

it is now 2008

I hear the drugs at Bonnaroo are just amazing. LOL
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    June ...

thank you...

you will be first i invite to hitch a ride along to bonoro.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    if there is an rv from nyc or long island, pm me please. im gonna have a long few days debating how i might be able to afford this.

Check this.. may help you?

http://www.rideshare.us/index.php

Use lookup code BONNAROO2008
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Going from CT. Looked into an RV but it was crazy $$ from here plus gas and getting one closer was more than we wanted to spend. Going to tent it, but hoping to get VIP. I'm no camper, especially for 4 days, but this is a once in a lifetime trip for me!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • I hear the drugs at Bonnaroo are just amazing. LOL

You are mistaken. There are no drugs at Bonnaroo :P
  • Brooklyn will be in the Bonnaroo house!

I can't wait! And I love camping so that part doesn't bother me a bit! :)

Yay!
  • Never been to tennessee....well theres a first for everything!!

see you in bonaroo bitches!!!!!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • KDH12 wrote:

it is now 2008

me too, and I said i wouldnt go back until PJ came.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• I cant wait! Its my bday on the 11th. Perfect way to celebrate!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    einatshaul wrote:
    Driving down from SEA anyone? Lets get this touring van going!! :)
    Busting out the van for just the one show, to go all the way from VAN to Tennessee seems too crazy even by Jason's standards, if in fact he's done with his travels by June.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    OK, so how many of your crazy international fuckers are flying in for the roo?
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    certainley do hope for a warm up gig or two in seattle or vancouver.
    tennesee? festival?
    gad.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    my2hands wrote:
    OK, so how many of your crazy international fuckers are flying in for the roo?
    I can see a lock for them London twins, Babs and Sandra. Emily just told me she's in. Carlos maybe? Einat doesn't really qualify as international since she's in Seattle. I personally can't justify (or afford) a trip out for just the one show (unless if it was like a farewell gig, or a Red Rocks/Gorge show)... not while I'm still in Australia anyway.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • if someone is say, not really camping material, is Bonnaroo a horrible idea? I've been camping before, but where we had access to an RV and showers and stuff.. Can anyone provide a realistic imagine of how Bonnaroo is? I don't know anyone who has ever gone. I wouldn't have an RV, just a tent.. I'm not like a total princess or anything, I just have no idea what kind of atmosphere it is.

If it rains, and you only have a tent, are you totally screwed?
  • Does anybody know how much tickets were last year for Bonnaroo?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    if someone is say, not really camping material, is Bonnaroo a horrible idea? I've been camping before, but where we had access to an RV and showers and stuff.. Can anyone provide a realistic imagine of how Bonnaroo is? I don't know anyone who has ever gone. I wouldn't have an RV, just a tent.. I'm not like a total princess or anything, I just have no idea what kind of atmosphere it is.

If it rains, and you only have a tent, are you totally screwed?

Id' say if you don't like camping it's probably not for you. Although LOTS of people brings RV's. I recommend one, but they're not cheap. It gets really hot, or should I say EXTREEMLY HOT, so to have an RV with AC running is huge, especially if you wanna save energy for 4 days. Without AC the sun will get you up at 7am, and with music going til 4-5 am it's tough to get sleep. Oh ya and bring ear plugs too.

Rain=screwed? Depends. I waterproofed my tent last year when I went to Roo just in case it rained. It didn't rain, but I think mt tent would have held up (hoped anyways).
    Does anybody know how much tickets were last year for Bonnaroo?

Basically the same as any other multi-day festival...Roughly 200 bucks, up to 250 for the later tier. Camping is free unlike Coachella.
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    Basically the same as any other multi-day festival...Roughly 200 bucks, up to 250 for the later tier. Camping is free unlike Coachella.
    any idea what r.v. parking cost????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    any idea what r.v. parking cost????

My bad. Camping is free, same with car parking, but RV parking was $75 last year.
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    My bad. Camping is free, same with car parking, but RV parking was $75 last year.
    $75 for the entire weekend???
    $75 for the entire weekend???

Yea per RV for the weekend
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    Yea per RV for the weekend
    thank you for the info.....