Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    "very Busy year" remember?...
  • Although I would love to see PJ tour I feel like they just toured. I mean I saw them 4 times in 2006, and once on 2007, and now Im going to see the in 2008 at the roo, so as a fan I dont feel like they are obligated to tour. But i would go see them as many times as I can if they were touring. PJ are so good to the fans, they keep coming up with cool stuff for the fans, cool art, they play cool shows and I hope this trend of them playing American FestIvals continues. Love Boat Captain take the Reigns.
  • while i do stand corrected on mtv owning some rights to bonnaroo, there has to be some influence coming from a certain sponsor. or maybe i just refuse to believe that superfly has dropped the ball...BIG TIME!!!
    as for moe., they are probably the second best live bandive seen after pearl jam and ive only seen them 2x. i find their shows to be alot more fun than phish (i have plenty of bootlegs of both) and i think they are on the same level as phish. oh and look out for raq.
    as far as pearl jams set. i think it could be hit or miss. eds voice should be well rested as opposed to palooza and the setlist should be a bit longer. however, whats involved in the setlist will likely be a huge radiohit feast with some nods to the faithfull here and there. id love to see guests and there is potential i suppose for jack johnson or some of the mmj guys to help out.
    this lineup is piss poor though and i hope that the later editions bring some real talent to this deflated weekend.

Dude I totally disagree with you, first of all The Lolla Show was AMAZING. I was right in front of the second barricade and I have never experienced energy like that at a PJ show, and Id seen them 12 times before that. Second That only thing wrong with the Bonnaroo lineup is that the headliners are out of place(aside from PJ) Jack Johnson is too mellow and Metallica are not even relevant anymore. Aside from that the lineup is sick, the late nights are gonna be off the charts and PJ is gonna tear it up. If you dont like that lineup you dont like current music.
  • dd
  • I cant wait for Bonnaroo and the chance to see PJ. I do hope they play more dates in the south besides the roo.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • PJ in Tennessee? Festivally funny!!! This could be one for the tour log...... Graceland anyone? or Mike and B.B. solo together? GNN
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • not a led zep fan, despise jack white/white stripes/raconteurs...he ranks right up there with Billy Corgan in terms of awful annoying voices

i guess the only other decent band i'd be able to sit thru is Rilo Kiley
    I can only assume then that you have never heard sigur ros.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    If there is a heaven, they'd be playing Sigur Ros-esque music non-stop as the background music.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Hinny wrote:
    If there is a heaven, they'd be playing Sigur Ros-esque music non-stop as the background music.
    I agree completely... first time I listened to ( ) in bed with the lights off, it was like I was in a flotation tank. When I saw them live, it's impossible to describe that feeling. They rock sooo much and there's about 200 of them on stage :D but still you can just feel any little bit of tension leave your body. It's just impossible to put into words.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Mastodon And Kayne West At The Same Festival Wtf????????????
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I'd love to go but I'm funding a trip to Germany to see RATMo, playing the same weekend as Metallica, The Prodigy, Incubus and Bad Religion :)
    Still PJ, Jack Johnson and BB F'N KING?! Some people are going to have a very very good weekend :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Beer gooooood.....

Beef baaaad......

Any vegan jerky? Ha! What would that be anyone? Dried tofu held together by ?????? glue?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the Jerky menu (shameless plug) http://www.thejerkyjoint.com/

See you at the Jerky Joint at Bonnaroo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hey, so I did not read the whole thread, or any other threads on the subject for that matter, but is there any rumor of a U.S. tour coinciding with the Bonnaroo performance? Last year I was almost positive we were going to get a U.S. tour around Lollapalooza time, but that never happened. I know "big things" are supposed to happen in 2008. I hope a summer tour is one of them.
  • Hinny wrote:
    YES! iceland must be about the closest thing to heaven on earth! have you seen the movie they released? could you imagine seeing them in some of those incredible venues??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • No shit!

You don't NEED Ten Club priority!! I can't stress it enough... that field is fucking HUGE! You're not going to each and every of the 80,000+ people clamouring for the front; not everyone there is going to be a PJ fan. Minutes before the bands starts (or during, it's just more awkward then), you can walk up DAMN close. Even if want your own acre, you can sit further back, and they have extra stacks (speakers) further back timed perfectly with the ones further up, so it sounds good no matter where you are. It IS all about the music, and not catching Ed's sweat. Seriously though, Ten Club priority.... they don't have priority for any other act, what makes you feel so deserving of your own little special space? Come on, reach out more, try to mingle with the fellow Rooers who aren't (yet..?) big time PJ fans and share the experience with them.

THE MOST negative thing I experienced during that entire weekend last year (I only slept for about a total of six hours for those four nights), was this gal bitching over her cell phone about how she was "camped in Kentucky", because she was in the Austin Powers area, which is about as far away as you can get from the main grounds (40 min. walk maybe?). Very, very, very chill I found it to be. Hopefully a similar crew makes there way there this year.

I hope they open with Of The Girl! They've pretty much retired what I think is such an amazing tune. Such a great opener too. It'd be nice if Nothing As It Seems came back in it's originalish form too. Otherwise, I'm not too picky, they'll fucking rock at such a great venue. You won't care what they play because you'll be having so much fun anyways... if you have the right frame of mind.

Another thing. As for the rest of the lineup, relax, they'll announce more. Go check out the length of last year's lineup. Next, check out every other year's lineup, and you'll notice how each year has gotten progressively bigger.

YOU, my friend, have the right attitude!
    shut up and have fun, man!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • kreutz2112 wrote:
    Hey, so I did not read the whole thread, or any other threads on the subject for that matter, but is there any rumor of a U.S. tour coinciding with the Bonnaroo performance? Last year I was almost positive we were going to get a U.S. tour around Lollapalooza time, but that never happened. I know "big things" are supposed to happen in 2008. I hope a summer tour is one of them.
    we can only speculate but id assume atleast a few more shows for this year given the clues we've gotten thus far... id be content with a new brad album and tour and definitive news of some serious studio progress from PJ tho... we'll just have to wait n see!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Wooooooo-hoooooooo

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• drugtongue wrote:
    i wanna take my daughter, she is twelve...i went to concerts and festivals at that age, have never been to bonnaroo...is it safe for her???

thanks

bring lots of water and sunscreen and you'll be fine...they used to have a giant wooden playground for kids, and well adults too, ha ha...hope they bring that back this year

they also have a kids area with activities and other things to do

but yes very safe, the only thing you will have to worry about with her is the heat and long days of good times...maybe get her a pair of ear plugs so she can sleep well at night
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    drugtongue wrote:
    i wanna take my daughter, she is twelve...i went to concerts and festivals at that age, have never been to bonnaroo...is it safe for her???

thanks

She may hear some swearing and see people smoking stuff, but I don't think anyone there would harm her. Just keep an eye on her so she won't get lost.

Another thing, in case you didn't see this yet on the Bonnaroo website, you will have to buy a ticket for her. Tickets are required for children age 6 and up.
  • drugtongue wrote:

thanks

Imagine a Grateful Dead Lot............. anything goes.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    question for those that have been before:
    do you HAVE TO camp near your car? the FAQ on the site don't offer any alternative.
    plus 10 feet by the width of the car? that's a 2-person tent only..a car fir at least 5 people in it, where are the other 3 supposed to sleep?

cars in camping is lame..and we'll have huge groups so there NO WAY we'll be able to all arrive together..
    I hope there are normal camping areas and we can party together..
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    At least it means they're gonna be active this year...therefore, it's more than likely that a tour will be announced.

last years lolla post said..no other tour appearances this year! this years bonnaro didn't exclude other shows so i'm wishin...full us tour and canada too, get your pass ports ready!
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Pegasus wrote:
    question for those that have been before:
    do you HAVE TO camp near your car? the FAQ on the site don't offer any alternative.
    plus 10 feet by the width of the car? that's a 2-person tent only..a car fir at least 5 people in it, where are the other 3 supposed to sleep?

cars in camping is lame..and we'll have huge groups so there NO WAY we'll be able to all arrive together..
    I hope there are normal camping areas and we can party together..

they have a tent only area, not sure how they monitor it, but surely you could park where they direct you and move up to the front where the tent only area is

It is literally a free for all once you park, take as much space as you need and set up camp...last year I had a small tent and then a big screen room connected to it...some people have huge party tents, no worries there...as long as your neighbors have enough room for their stuff there is absolutely nobody from bonnaroo telling you what to do once you are directed into the lot, and that goes for the entire weekend

if you have a large amount of people going with you just make sure you guys meet up before you enter the grounds, just follow each other in one by one and you can all camp next to each other, simple as that...the only way that might be a problem is if one of your cars is the last needed to fill a specific lot, they might get cut off...all in all they are super laid back with these things
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • drugtongue wrote:

thanks

I wish I could relate with my folks in that kinda way. I feel kinda jealous of friends who's parents got them into awesome music at an early age (or any age for that matter).

Last year I saw BABIES there, haha.

Shouldn't be a problem. Yeah, as others have mentioned, it gets damn hot there. I don't think anything NEGATIVE really happens there. There's plenty of event staff and what not, as well as cops on horses trotting around the roads of the massive campsite (at least on the main arteries kinda thing). There's always at least one helicopter flying around. However, these things are just kinda 'standard operating procedures in case shit happens'. I don't believe things would be any more wild if there were fewer cops or helicopters though. Everyone was there to have FUN, not get smashed and start fights (unlike many a NFL or NHL playoff game). Trust me, there'll be plenty of substance use, but just good ones, not like coke or meth or heroin or crack. It's ridiculous of course how strict the laws in the US are on something as harmless as pot. Yet, once you enter that place, none of that seems to matter one bit. The best part is: SO many thousands of people are using it - and other, more intense psychotropics - in a relatively small area (given the numbers), and bad shit simply ain't going down! Anyway, that was certainly a tangent.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    they have a tent only area, not sure how they monitor it, but surely you could park where they direct you and move up to the front where the tent only area is

It is literally a free for all once you park, take as much space as you need and set up camp...last year I had a small tent and then a big screen room connected to it...some people have huge party tents, no worries there...as long as your neighbors have enough room for their stuff there is absolutely nobody from bonnaroo telling you what to do once you are directed into the lot, and that goes for the entire weekend

if you have a large amount of people going with you just make sure you guys meet up before you enter the grounds, just follow each other in one by one and you can all camp next to each other, simple as that...the only way that might be a problem is if one of your cars is the last needed to fill a specific lot, they might get cut off...all in all they are super laid back with these things
    thanks for the info..I'll relay it :)
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    kreutz2112 wrote:
    I know "big things" are supposed to happen in 2008. I hope a summer tour is one of them.

Me too. I'm not all that excited about watching PJ through binoculars surrounded by 100,000 stinking hippies.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • OMG I can't fking wait. Ireland to Tennessee is quite a journey but if anythings worth it THIS IS!!!!
  • Milestone wrote:
    Me too. I'm not all that excited about watching PJ through binoculars surrounded by 100,000 stinking hippies.

Sweet then. Keep the negativity away from those who want to have a good time.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • I refuse to buy into the complaints here! I'm so freaking pumped! I can't wait for tickets to go on sale. Seeing PJ in a variety of ways is fun for me. I've seen them in their own concerts, and I had a blast seeing them at Lolla. I'm so excited for Bonnaroo. I've never done something like this before, and I'm happy to make it into a mini summer vacation for us. In my little world, and opinion there are other bands out there besides PJ, and I like to have an open mind and experience a variety when I have the chance. I think its a bonus to be able to see other people, and PJ. Thats a treat to me. PJ and Ben Folds are my two favorites, so I am stoked. I hope to meet a lot of you. Its gonna be such a big party :)
  • Fuckin' eh dude! You cannot POSSIBLY have a bad time! There's just such a complete lack of bullshit there. Nobody selling themselves as something they're not. No false anything. Just good people connecting with other good people from all over the continent (well, world for that matter), wanting to have nothing but a complete blast!
This discussion has been closed.