Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• Oh shit!!! Somebody please comfirm,just heard Led (not Lez) Zep are also performing. Can the gods be this generous? Is this for real? Oh god, gotta go now!!
  • Rubysdad wrote:
    Pearl Jam has officially confirmed they will perform at the 2008 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The 4-day music festival will be held on June 12-15th in Manchester, Tennessee. Tickets go on sale February 16th at 12:00pm EDT, through bonnaroo.com.

Pearl Jam, Metallica, Jack Johnson, Kanye West, Alison Krauss & Robert Plant, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh & Friends, B.B King, Sigur Ros, The Raconteurs, and Death Cab For Cutie are among the confirmed acts for the festival. A full line-up and more information about the festival can be found at bonnaroo.com.

As a unique, unprecedented offer to festival fans, Bonnaroo is presenting the option to purchase a commemorative DVD of the 2008 festival at the time of ticket purchase. The DVD will feature exclusive performances and backstage footage, as well as other festival highlights. Visit the official festival website http://www.bonnaroo.com for more information.

There are no Ten Club tickets for the festival. Tickets for the festival will only be available through http://www.bonnaroo.com beginning February 16th at 12:00pm EDT.

The most encouraging thing about this is that there is nothing saying that there will be no other North America dates. I don't know about you, but standing in some field for four days sounds like torture to me. Bring on the tour of the South!
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • I'm there, I will be in the beer tent selling beef Jerky!!!

if it's the same jerky thats there every year...i'll see u there....that jerky kept me ALIVE every year

HIGH TEN!!
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    :D what people?

Let's just say... ok obviously I'm happy that everyone's happy... but some people really don't seem to enjoy the entire experience.

I understand.
  • Oh shit!!! Somebody please comfirm,just heard Led (not Lez) Zep are also performing. Can the gods be this generous? Is this for real? Oh god, gotta go now!!

Its an all girl cover band, no?
    From Rudeluke:

if it's the same jerky thats there every year...i'll see u there....that jerky kept me ALIVE every year

HIGH TEN!!

Yes it is, we will be in the Micro-broo-ers tent. My friends have been doing this for years and I am finally able to make it this year. Stop by and say what's up!!!!!
  • Zanne wrote:
    I can't gete over the fact that no matter what the 10C announces, there is SO MUCH BITCHING!! I'm glad they're playing, where ever it is they play and kudos to the people who get to go and enjoy it. For God's sake people, stop with the self-centered "if PJ doesn't play my back yard exclusively I'm gonna throw a tantrum" attitude!

Ok now, carry on with the pissing and moaning.

Peace

A-FREEKIN-MEN!!!!
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    This is great!! People who get to go there enjoy yourselfs tremendously in my place!!!!!!!!

Next stop...Europe....again :p

But seriously, have fun!

p.s. dont moan... whenever PJ plays its great for those fans who can go out of their minds and give the guys some appreciation right there. Hopefully we can see it on the net somewhere and join in the fun!

Take Care!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Yes it is, we will be in the Micro-broo-ers tent. My friends have been doing this for years and I am finally able to make it this year. Stop by and say what's up!!!!!

Will do...Jerky Joint rules!

can't wait for PJ @ the Roo...!
    rudeluke wrote:
    Will do...Jerky Joint rules!

can't wait for PJ @ the Roo...!

LOL.....Sounds good and yes it is called the "Jerky Joint".
  • What a bunch of complainers. Cool concert. I'm going if I can afford it. Road Trip!
  • That's it??? I was hoping some tour information would be released.... Hopefully more to come!
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23 - LV 5/16/22 - LA 5/22/24
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    I just don't see Jack Johnson headlining a festival of this size, not even on the last night.

Is Pearl Jam playing Saturday and Sunday?! Widespread Panic has played 2 nights in '02 and '05. That would be unreal!
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Hatfield wrote:
    I just don't see Jack Johnson headlining a festival of this size, not even on the last night.

Is Pearl Jam playing Saturday and Sunday?! Widespread Panic has played 2 nights in '02 and '05. That would be unreal!
    :eek: don't put that kind of ideas in my head! :o
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Hatfield wrote:

I wish Pearl Jam would play 2 nights, but I don't think that will happen. When WSP headlined 2 nights in 2005, I believe that was stated on the initial lineup. No wording like that on the Bonnaroo site for PJ.

In retrospect, the Which stage (2nd stage) was packed for Jack Johnson in 2005, so maybe he will headline Sunday. If so he will be the first Sunday headliner I actually go see at Roo. In previous years I would just listen to them from camp and start getting things together.
  • WAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    this just made my fuckin day and year....im def goin
    cya in june pjammers
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • im up in the air on this one, still waiting on the outside chance of a revisit to the gorge
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • So, who's headlining?

metallica is friday
    im sure pj will be saturday
    and prolly phil lesh will close sunday
    "Till there was rock you only had God"
    -David Bowie
  • Hatfield wrote:

i dont think he will headline he just has third billing
    they gave that to beck and the white stripes before and they played day slots
    phil lesh will prolly close sunday
    "Till there was rock you only had God"
    -David Bowie
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I'm there, I will be in the beer tent selling beef Jerky!!!

Beer gooooood.....

Beef baaaad......

Any vegan jerky? Ha! What would that be anyone? Dried tofu held together by ?????? glue?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • besides PJ, that has to be the most craptacular lineup ever.. there is not 1 other single good band playing that whole weekend...

atleast the comic lineup looks decent.. Brian Poshen and Jim Norton
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Fuck yeah!

BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • besides PJ, that has to be the most craptacular lineup ever.. there is not 1 other single good band playing that whole weekend...

atleast the comic lineup looks decent.. Brian Poshen and Jim Norton

What, you don't like Led Zepp? Or the Raconteurs? Zach Galafanakis is also a hysterical comedian.
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Pearl Jam: Live on Twelve Legs: always great news!

HAVE FUN girls and guys!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • What, you don't like Led Zepp? Or the Raconteurs? Zach Galafanakis is also a hysterical comedian.
    not a led zep fan, despise jack white/white stripes/raconteurs...he ranks right up there with Billy Corgan in terms of awful annoying voices

i guess the only other decent band i'd be able to sit thru is Rilo Kiley
  • not a led zep fan, despise jack white/white stripes/raconteurs...he ranks right up there with Billy Corgan in terms of awful annoying voices

i guess the only other decent band i'd be able to sit thru is Rilo Kiley
    whats all this about zeppelin?? i thought it was confirmed that they are NOT going to be there despite rumors... someones gotta clear this up for me... at this point, zep being there is the only way i can justify the expense... it still doesnt say theyre playing on the roo site
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    LED Zepplin is not playing Roo

LEZ Zepplin is.
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    whats all this about zeppelin?? i thought it was confirmed that they are NOT going to be there despite rumors... someones gotta clear this up for me... at this point, zep being there is the only way i can justify the expense... it still doesnt say theyre playing on the roo site
    they wont be there.. just robert plant...
  • LED ZEP IS NNNOOOOTTTT PLAYING!!! that has been confirmed over and over. what you read last night was a hoax and has been confirmed over and over.
    pj should be headlining saturday. other than that, no other decent bands will have reasonable spots. 250 may be a good deal for a festival, but not when you take into account the heat, overcrowding and overall grossness of the people and environment after youve been sweating all day while kanye raps about snakes on a plane.
    metallica has no business being on this bill. niether do half the indie/trendy/hipster bands (dcfc, bss, i&w, etc.). while i like some of them, mtv has taken a weekend of great jam/improv bands that could play 3 hour sets every day (moe., string cheese, phish, etc.) and ruined this festivals identity.
    im NOT ripping into pj! all im saying is on top of the 250, there is traveling money, money lost from taking time off. not to mention daily supplies (water, food, beer, etc.)
    i really hope there are more dates, if not ill wait till 09.
    bottom line is, the bonnaroo ive been waiting to go to for years is officially dead. hopefully mtv doesnt get their hands on langerado next.
  • they wont be there.. just robert plant...
    thats what i thought... have fun in the mud bitches! ill hold out for lolla... probably gonna be all the same names there anyway (not PJ of course) and i get to stay in a nice apt on lake michigan instead of a crappy tent... as for PJ shows this year... i have a hunch there will be more... and if not, ill survive
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
This discussion has been closed.