Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    *long sigh*

no sigh. i think its time to make them pants LEGAL!!!!!! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    no sigh. i think its time to make them pants LEGAL!!!!!! :eek:

omg :eek::eek::eek:

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?!
    wah
  • Zanne wrote:
    I can't gete over the fact that no matter what the 10C announces, there is SO MUCH BITCHING!! I'm glad they're playing, where ever it is they play and kudos to the people who get to go and enjoy it. For God's sake people, stop with the self-centered "if PJ doesn't play my back yard exclusively I'm gonna throw a tantrum" attitude!

Ok now, carry on with the pissing and moaning.

Peace
    I agree totally :o it's ridiculous.

I think it's a great lineup :) and I'm surprised so little love for sigur ros... they are absolutely fucking fantastic live :o . Right up there with PJ IMO... in a different way of course but it's quite the experience.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Big Deal
  • Sigur Rós should get to play the main stage.
    I dunno, the festival I saw them at, they played in a reasonably sized tent and the sound was amazing. I felt like I was on acid and the music was all around me or something... and for the record I've never touched acid in my life :D

I CANNOT recommend this band highly enough to anyone.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • As I said, I'm happy for american fans who could go there.

I don't expect them to play europe this year, anyway so why moaning...??
    :)

I'm just a bit disappointed because there no other news or plans for 2008 although we are already in february. That's all
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    awww we knew it already which is proof of how FANATIC the pit people are !
    when was the last time an annoucement a surprise ????

:D we just love PJ gossip too too much :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Well, after much thought.... I won't be goin. Lineup not appealing and not gonna dish out the bones for just PJ.

Owell...
  • dont be so down. they will announce a few more good bands for Bonnaroo!
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Pearl Jam has officially confirmed they will perform at the 2008 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The 4-day music festival will be held on June 12-15th in Manchester, Tennessee. Tickets go on sale February 16th at 12:00pm EDT, through bonnaroo.com.

Pearl Jam, Metallica, Jack Johnson, Kanye West, Alison Krauss & Robert Plant, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh & Friends, B.B King, Sigur Ros, The Raconteurs, and Death Cab For Cutie are among the confirmed acts for the festival. A full line-up and more information about the festival can be found at bonnaroo.com.

As a unique, unprecedented offer to festival fans, Bonnaroo is presenting the option to purchase a commemorative DVD of the 2008 festival at the time of ticket purchase. The DVD will feature exclusive performances and backstage footage, as well as other festival highlights. Visit the official festival website http://www.bonnaroo.com for more information.

There are no Ten Club tickets for the festival. Tickets for the festival will only be available through http://www.bonnaroo.com beginning February 16th at 12:00pm EDT.
    yay...i live on the other side of the world :(
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • when its more work than fun its usually not worth it for me, I'd probably wouldn't sleep camping with that many people, which would put me in a manic phase.....I value my health more than having a spun out weekend.. Have a good and safe time to all who are going!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Worst sticky ever.Its like saying the sun will rise tommorrow.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • I'm stoked!!! I went to Roo last year, and it was awesome. Now with Pearl Jam there... damn! So what Metallica is headling one night, there are so many things going on, it won't matter... I'll find something else to do.

Plus, MMJ, the Racontuer, Levon Helm(!), DSO, Minus the Bear, ect, ect....

too awesome
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun"
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    The best thing about these kinds of festivals.... lots of little local bands with back stage passes, that ya might be friends with.
    Just saw my buddies the Felice bros. will be there. I think I'll start working that angle today!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Tix are $250. PLUS, they don't allow weapons. That blows!
  • vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    I CANT BELEIVE IT!!! AGAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!!!!
    Best part of it: I'll get to see all my friends yei
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • viviflu wrote:
    Vivi, you're going?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm gonna hold out and pray for a summer tour before buying tix (and be holding out I mean I'm waiting until June 11th).

It's not that I don't want to go, it just the logistics.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    I'm there, I will be in the beer tent selling beef Jerky!!!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    suprise suprise!
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    If you are upset about Metallica then you can be hanging at your campsite, drinking cheap beer and resting up for the 12:00 AM to 3:30 AM slot for My Moring Jacket. This festival is going to be fantastic.

On a similar note, I really don't think Jack Johnson is big enough to headline a night of Bonnaroo. ABB, Phil and Friends and even Dylan had to play during the daytime. I think we have one more BIG ONE to be announced.

Regardless, Pearl Jam will enjoy playing to an audience of music lovers. Those 80,000 people will be on their ass after Pearl Jam gets done and the band will feel the love unlike some of the other shows they play here in the states where you have a spoiled first 20 rows waiting for them to pull out the rarest of all rarities.

When Corduroy gets played or Even Flow for that matter, the place will go crazy. I can't wait.

Metallica (you know that will rock), MMJ, ABB, DBT, Ben Folds, Willie Nelson, B.B. King, Sigur Ros, Levon Helm (I hope he sits in with some people), Iron and Wine, Robert Randolph, Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi!, Little Feat (Down on the Farm!)... It is going to be great.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    here are all the confirmed so far (proabably already posted, but i'm not going through 12 pgs of people whining that there are no one day tickets or that metallica sucks, which is insane in my opinion - kill 'em all, justice, lightning, master of puppets...good lord).

Pearl Jam
    Metallica
    Jack Johnson
    Kanye West
    Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
    Phil Lesh & Friends
    My Morning Jacket
    The Allman Brothers Band
    The Raconteurs
    Willie Nelson
    Death Cab for Cutie
    B.B. King
    Sigur Ros
    Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road
    Ben Folds
    O.A.R.
    The Bluegrass Allstars Feat. Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer and Bryan Sutton
    M.I.A.
    Umphrey's McGee
    Iron & Wine
    Yonder Mountain String Band
    Swell Season
    Talib Kweli
    Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival
    Gogol Bordello
    Broken Social Scene
    Robert Randolph's Revival
    Rilo Kiley
    Mastodon
    Lupe Fiasco
    Against Me!
    Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
    Pat Green
    Ozomatli
    Tegan & Sara
    Solomon Burke
    Drive-By Truckers
    !!!
    The Avett Brothers
    Israel Vibration
    Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck
    Phil Lesh / Larry Campbell / Jackie Greene
    Aimee Mann
    Ladytron
    The Fiery Furnaces
    Orchestra Baobab
    Ghostland Observatory
    Jose Gonzalez
    Dark Star Orchestra
    Minus the Bear
    Donavon Frankenreiter
    State Radio
    Battles
    Jakob Dylan
    Two Gallants
    The Sword
    Vampire Weekend
    Lez Zepplin
    Little Feat
    Nicole Atkins
    The Felice Brothers
    Mason Jennings
    MGMT
    The Lee Boys
    Black Kids
    Serena Ryder
    Steel Train
    Grupo Fantasma
    Back Door Slam
    Hatfield wrote:
    Regardless, Pearl Jam will enjoy playing to an audience of music lovers. Those 80,000 people will be on their ass after Pearl Jam gets done and the band will feel the love unlike some of the other shows they play here in the states where you have a spoiled first 20 rows waiting for them to pull out the rarest of all rarities.
    quote]

Well said!!!!! I am glad that they are not selling one day passes. It weeds out all the Jackasses that will sit there the whole f-ing day with a sour puss on their face until PJ comes out.

• Well said!!!!! I am glad that they are not selling one day passes. It weeds out all the Jackasses that will sit there the whole f-ing day with a sour puss on their face until PJ comes out.
    :o one sour face in particular comes into mind straight away.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    viviflu wrote:
    you're coming?! YEAH!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I think there will definately be additional shows since Kat's tweet didn't designate this as PJ's only US date for '08. When we got the Lolla tweet it was very specific to alert us all that it was the one and only show for summer 07 (even though it wasn't because there was the Vic).
    So I'm holding out hope for this to be just one of the stops on a leg of their tour. June show dates wouldn't be annonced until March most likely, so it seems promising.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    URthekey wrote:
    I think there will definately be additional shows since Kat's tweet didn't designate this as PJ's only US date for '08. When we got the Lolla tweet it was very specific to alert us all that it was the one and only show for summer 07 (even though it wasn't because there was the Vic).
    So I'm holding out hope for this to be just one of the stops on a leg of their tour. June show dates wouldn't be annonced until March most likely, so it seems promising.

This is a rather positive analysis. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Yay! IM THERE! :D
    :o one sour face in particular comes into mind straight away.

Helen...... are you one of those people???? Shame on you.....
  • Helen...... are you one of those people???? Shame on you.....
    :D what people?

Let's just say... ok obviously I'm happy that everyone's happy... but some people really don't seem to enjoy the entire experience.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
This discussion has been closed.