Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I have no idea. I was on at noon sharp and had my tix ordered by 12:02 and I had to get the $229. Must have been a really limited number.

yea no kidding...

i thought i was going to be able and purchase them later in the day...

oh well, got some anyway.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    the price would stay at the current level right now, 244, plus the 22.95 service charge and shipping. Most years the show has sold out, but usually not until May. But your best bet would be to buy as soon as possible if they add any more huge acts between now and then.
    doesn't seem likely..

I'm going to wait until they announce, hopefully sometime in Mars so can still do the instalment deal ;)
  • I'm really hoping for Primus to be added.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • I'm going!!!

Got my tix a little after 12. I had to keep refreshing because it told me there were no more available at price 1.

After the 10th time doing that the price 1 tix were in my cart.

YAY!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!
    BONNNNNNNAROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I'm going!!!

Got my tix a little after 12. I had to keep refreshing because it told me there were no more available at price 1.

After the 10th time doing that the price 1 tix were in my cart.

YAY!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!
    BONNNNNNNAROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

Good call. I likely would have just went to price level 2 assuming they were sold out. Someone must have had trouble with their order.

See you on the farm!
  • I would love to rent an RV for this gig, but the gas alone would kill me!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    the price would stay at the current level right now, 244, plus the 22.95 service charge and shipping. Most years the show has sold out, but usually not until May. But your best bet would be to buy as soon as possible if they add any more huge acts between now and then.

Thanks.
  • Guys Im excited as hell. PJ and Metallica are like #1 for me and this will be my first concert for both. I cant fucking wait. Not to mention, I only live a few hours away.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Come on, who else got tickets??!! I was able to get 1st tier, as I was online the second they came on sale. I know there's some more southerners who are going!!!. I only live about an hour from the Farm so it's a short trip for me! I'm really exited!
    Bonnaroo '08
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Come on, who else got tickets??!! I was able to get 1st tier, as I was online the second they came on sale. I know there's some more southerners who are going!!!. I only live about an hour from the Farm so it's a short trip for me! I'm really exited!
    I got my tickets on Saturday as well and I'll be driving from Florida
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Come on, who else got tickets??!! I was able to get 1st tier, as I was online the second they came on sale. I know there's some more southerners who are going!!!. I only live about an hour from the Farm so it's a short trip for me! I'm really exited!

same here my friend. got the first tier at 12:03 est. Thank goodness for Verizon FIOS.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I got my tickets on Saturday as well and I'll be driving from Florida

Does anyone know when they post the schedule for the artists at Bonnaroo?? Obviously PJ is going to be one of the last acts at night, I was just wondering if someone has been to Bonnaroo before and knows when they release that info.

Thanks
    1996-10-07 Ft. Lauderdale FL
    1998-09-23 WPB FL
    2000-08-12 Tampa FL
    2003-04-13 Tampa FL
    2004-10-08 Kissimmee FL
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh PA
    2008-06-14 Manchester TN, Bonnaroo
    2011-09-03/04 East Troy, WI
    2013-10-12 Buffalo, NY
    2013-10-15 Wooster, MA
  • They don't release the schedule as far as exactly who's playing when until a couple weeks before the show. However we already know what day alot of the bands are playing, as they've released this info per their actual websites.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • They don't release the schedule as far as exactly who's playing when until a couple weeks before the show. However we already know what day alot of the bands are playing, as they've released this info per their actual websites.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. Apparently I've got to check out Sigor Ros.

I've been reading some of the older posts on this forum and I'm really disappointed in all the negative attitudes from "PJ fans". I dont think these negative people deserve to even know of PJ.

I'll see all you good people in June with a kind hand.
    1998-09-23 WPB FL
    2000-08-12 Tampa FL
    2003-04-13 Tampa FL
    2004-10-08 Kissimmee FL
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh PA
    2013-10-12 Buffalo, NY
    2013-10-15 Wooster, MA
  • I got my tickets ordered today and Im excited as hell.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    BigGreen10 wrote:
    Does anyone know when they post the schedule for the artists at Bonnaroo?? Obviously PJ is going to be one of the last acts at night, I was just wondering if someone has been to Bonnaroo before and knows when they release that info.

Thanks

PJ won't be one of the last acts at night. Headliners usually play the 8pm-midnight slot, and after that all the tents have various acts until 3-5am. The headliners are usually just the start of a fun night ; )
  • Ill be there along with my two brothers. One from London, one who's in Montreal right now, and myself from Connecticut. We're all huge PJ fans and there are some other bands playin' that we love. Can't friggin' wait.

We'll all have to plan a 10c meet up of some sort for sure. Perhaps a group of us can head to the show together or something along those lines...
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • BigGreen10 wrote:
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. Apparently I've got to check out Sigor Ros.
    You do... you really really do! I'm just as jealous of all you getting to see sigur ros as I am PJ... ok, well maybe not equally... but two of them at the one festival :eek: holy fucking WOW!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    You do... you really really do! I'm just as jealous of all you getting to see sigur ros as I am PJ... ok, well maybe not equally... but two of them at the one festival :eek: holy fucking WOW!
    Dream bill: Pearl Jam get me pumping as the headlining act, then Sigur Ros to follow afterwards as the late nighter to get me relaxed and tuck me in for the night.

Alas, a dream is all I can settle for.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Hinny wrote:
    Dream bill: Pearl Jam get me pumping as the headlining act, then Sigur Ros to follow afterwards as the late nighter to get me relaxed and tuck me in for the night.

Alas, a dream is all I can settle for.
    :o wow hinn :o

The ONE time Ive seen them was in a tent at a festival... and the sound was incredible... everybody was just kinda standing there mesmerised :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Four people in our group, two of us ordered together and got the first tier pricing and the other two didn't get in until the second tier. We will be driving up from Mississippi, can't wait. Actually there are quite a few people from my small corner of the world thinking about going. Look out Bonnaroo....C-town is coming
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Made up my "List to Bring to Roo" at work yesterday. This is going to be great. Hot, but great.

The only thing besides some snacks and booze I need to buy is a battery operated fan. Anyone have one they can comment on? Heard it gets so hot in the am it's like impossible to sleep past 8am. Trying to have some ventilation to help w/ that.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Made up my "List to Bring to Roo" at work yesterday. This is going to be great. Hot, but great.

The only thing besides some snacks and booze I need to buy is a battery operated fan. Anyone have one they can comment on? Heard it gets so hot in the am it's like impossible to sleep past 8am. Trying to have some ventilation to help w/ that.
    Ohhh... ya gotta get one of those fans that sprays water... they're fantastic and such a lifesaver at the vic... it's worth paying extra for a decent fan... it will be the most important thing you bring :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    PJ won't be one of the last acts at night. Headliners usually play the 8pm-midnight slot, and after that all the tents have various acts until 3-5am. The headliners are usually just the start of a fun night ; )

Ok, this is my first time at the roo. I cant believe they have act going on that late. That is going to be great. I'm sure I'll be worn out by the time PJ ends there show.

I hope I see Ed walking around and then he accidentally bumps into me and spills my beer, then buys me a new one, then I share with him my herbal medication, then we become good friends...
    1998-09-23 WPB FL
    2000-08-12 Tampa FL
    2003-04-13 Tampa FL
    2004-10-08 Kissimmee FL
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh PA
    2013-10-12 Buffalo, NY
    2013-10-15 Wooster, MA
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BigGreen10 wrote:
    Ok, this is my first time at the roo. I cant believe they have act going on that late. That is going to be great. I'm sure I'll be worn out by the time PJ ends there show.

I hope I see Ed walking around and then he accidentally bumps into me and spills my beer, then buys me a new one, then I share with him my herbal medication, then we become good friends...
    you've already started on the medication haven't you? ;)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

Do you want to share your list with us?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Do you want to share your list with us?

Here is our grocery list from 06 (remember when a pound of pasta only cost $1) http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pDdnysNTqqRBQ7ulfPXqETA I think this was all the food we needed for the 7 of us...Beer and booze was obviously separate...This is guy says it better than I ever could: http://www.poorvin.com/roo/ The one thing that I have ever been hassled about at Bonnaroo is glass beer bottles, so try to bring cans...That being said they have recycling barrels for brown, green and clear glass at all of the trash stations in the camping area.
    1998-09-15, 2000-08-30, 2003-07-02, 2004-09-29
    Bonnaroo 2004, 2005, 2006
    The Great Went, Oswego, IT, Coventry
    GO SOX!
  • chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    This will be my fourth Bonnaroo and I'm pumped Pearl Jam will finally be there. PJ, Levon Helm, Allman Bros, MMJ, Sigur Ros.....hell I could keep going on, but this is a great lineup.

And make sure you bring a battery operated fan for your tent. It gets hot as hell in the tent and I don't think I've ever stayed asleep past 9am, you roast in there. I also recommend getting a 5 day cooler and packing the hell out of it with ice and adding beer/water as needed. Its a pain in the ass having to get up every morning and go get ice, not to mention overpaying for it. Don't forget the water, I usually end up drinking almost 2 cases by myself throughout the weekend.

I hope Pearl Jam really tears it up, some bands go out of their way to make their set special (Radiohead), but others just phone it in and play an average set. They get as much time to play as they want, I hope for an at least a 3 hour show. Would love to see a solo Ed set too. Anyone have any questions feel free to ask me whatever, I'm just glad Pearl Jam is finally playing after all the rumors throughout the years.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    I am soooo looking forward to the whole weekend!!! Let's get ready to get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    I looked on http://www.pollstar.com and they have most of the lineup, but is there any guessess as to when PJ will take the stage?
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
This discussion has been closed.