Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• great jam/improv bands(moe.)
    HA! moe. is the worst! THE most stale jams it the world... maybe tied with umphreys...

im with ya tho... i was looking forward to seeing PJ and a slew of good jam bands... this lineup is not at all what i was expecting... robert randolph, bb king, and sigur ros will all be sweet... but theres not a whole lot else there...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Not to sound ungrateful, but is that it.....That is what you have this place doing handstands for......You didn't tell us anything that hasn't been documented over and over again for the last month or so......All you really did was confirm something it......One of these days you should tell us something we don't know.....Something jaw-dropping for a change......

Don't get me wrong....Its sounds like a blast.....If you live in Tennessee/Georgia
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    sgossard3 wrote:
    HA! moe. is the worst! THE most stale jams it the world... maybe tied with umphreys...

im with ya tho... i was looking forward to seeing PJ and a slew of good jam bands... this lineup is not at all what i was expecting... robert randolph, bb king, and sigur ros will all be sweet... but theres not a whole lot else there...

Just my two cents ...but I love moe.
  • lol, if people that regularly go to bonaroo read this board and see all the "i'm not going" replies, i'm sure they'll be pretty happy. seriously, some of you people are snobs.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • From Rudeluke:

if it's the same jerky thats there every year...i'll see u there....that jerky kept me ALIVE every year

HIGH TEN!!

Yes it is, we will be in the Micro-broo-ers tent. My friends have been doing this for years and I am finally able to make it this year. Stop by and say what's up!!!!!

Breakfast...lots of music...Dead Guy and jerky...lots of music...Terrapin IPA and jerky...diner during MetalicA...party all night...I cant wait
    1998-09-15, 2000-08-30, 2003-07-02, 2004-09-29
    Bonnaroo 2004, 2005, 2006
    The Great Went, Oswego, IT, Coventry
    GO SOX!
  • Kricket wrote:
    Just my two cents ...but I love moe.

you ain't alone. and to the person you replied to: how can you say a band that played a 6 hour set at a previous 'roo "stale"?
    ~D.K.S.
  • you ain't alone. and to the person you replied to: how can you say a band that played a 6 hour set at a previous 'roo "stale"?
    oh yes because length designates how good the set is... i can practice my scales for 6 hours too but that wouldnt make it a decent set... a jam should climax a throw punches from different angles... phish could do it better than any jam band... moe. just does not IMO
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276
    Pearl Jam is getting paid

Even if it means

Breaking past promises they have made

I watched diehard fans try and stay upfront

At lolla in the heat

I surely hope 5/16 doesn't repeat
  • okay, the important questions here is, WHEN ARE THE WARM UP SHOWS AND WHERE! F-BONNAROO!
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    God diggetty dam, all that time wasted studying the U.S. map to see ihow many shows i could travel to in the South and make a holiday of was just a fruitless past-time :(

And the air of excitement as i clicked the PJ site to check out the news has left me a little dissappointed as its only a miserable little festival!!!

Still, theres plenty of time yet to announce the REAL news we are all waiting for :D

there will be shows Kev, don't u worry! ;)
    make the trip from manchester to manchester, you will enjoy it!! :p
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    while i like some of them, mtv has taken a weekend of great jam/improv bands that could play 3 hour sets every day (moe., string cheese, phish, etc.) and ruined this festivals identity.

MTV has nothing to do with Roo. Look it up. It was a big rumor a couple years ago and has no merit. So quit blaming the percieved suckitude of the fest on MTV and put it on AC/Superfly, becuase they're still the only ones doing it.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    lol, if people that regularly go to bonaroo read this board and see all the "i'm not going" replies, i'm sure they'll be pretty happy.

I know I am.

seriously, some of you people are snobs.

Indeed.
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    oh yes because length designates how good the set is... i can practice my scales for 6 hours too but that wouldnt make it a decent set... a jam should climax a throw punches from different angles... phish could do it better than any jam band... moe. just does not IMO

i wasn't in attendance during their huge set, but i am 100% positive that it wasn't the entire band playing scales. phish was a great band, i'm not arguing that at all. saying moe. is stale.......you're way off. i have no idea how many times you've seen them live, but maybe you just didn't see them enough. i've been following this band religiously the past 7.5 years and of all the bands i've seen live (and i've seen plenty), these guys are the most entertaining, with an incredible talent when it comes to playing.

come to moe.down with me this labor day weekend. if at the end of the weekend you still feel the same way, i'll pay you back for the price of your ticket.
    ~D.K.S.
  • AndySlash wrote:
    I know I am.

Indeed.

you have fun, man. and make sure you check out moe.
    ~D.K.S.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Beer gooooood.....

Beef baaaad......

Any vegan jerky? Ha! What would that be anyone? Dried tofu held together by ?????? glue?

Actually its really good - there's this company called Primal Strips and they have like mesquite/lime flavor, barbecue, etc. Did someone say they have this at Bonnaroo? If so, good for me.

I have an older daughter who IS a camper unlike me (I think I slept outdoors but in a jeep once, when I was 11), and she's all for going, and says she could help me haha. So miracles may happen and I'll go. And she hasn't seen PJ.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ILL tell u what,,this place is gonna stink like crap by sat.

very unhealthy lol
  • while i do stand corrected on mtv owning some rights to bonnaroo, there has to be some influence coming from a certain sponsor. or maybe i just refuse to believe that superfly has dropped the ball...BIG TIME!!!
    as for moe., they are probably the second best live bandive seen after pearl jam and ive only seen them 2x. i find their shows to be alot more fun than phish (i have plenty of bootlegs of both) and i think they are on the same level as phish. oh and look out for raq.
    as far as pearl jams set. i think it could be hit or miss. eds voice should be well rested as opposed to palooza and the setlist should be a bit longer. however, whats involved in the setlist will likely be a huge radiohit feast with some nods to the faithfull here and there. id love to see guests and there is potential i suppose for jack johnson or some of the mmj guys to help out.
    this lineup is piss poor though and i hope that the later editions bring some real talent to this deflated weekend.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    very nice... I would hope pearl jam headline over metallica (the true definition of dinosaurs of rock). Now announce other shows!!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • this sucks for me im only 17 there is no way im getting from chicago to tennessee. Hopefully they get a really good recording of it. They will probably stream it online too, so at least we will be able to see it.
  • this sucks for me im only 17 there is no way im getting from chicago to tennessee. Hopefully they get a really good recording of it. They will probably stream it online too, so at least we will be able to see it.

i dont know if they stream or webcast but i do know they sell full sets shortly after the festival. recordings are solid too!
  • I said it before: "With money the dog dances..."
    Alt-Wrong
  • Gazoo72 wrote:
    Seriously, this really is a let down. One Show? With the boy band of metal Metallica? And no Ten Club priority? Way to go guys!!! (clap clap) Way to show that you guys are all about your fans!!!

Here is my pledge, if Pearl Jam does not tour in 2008, I will vote for every Christian Conservative Republican I can, and will encourage anyone I can to do the same.

Pearl Jam screws up my year, I'll try to screw theirs!!! Go Huckabee!!!!!!!!!

you are a real fucking moron.
    Matt and I are friends.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    besides PJ, that has to be the most craptacular lineup ever.. there is not 1 other single good band playing that whole weekend...

atleast the comic lineup looks decent.. Brian Poshen and Jim Norton
    because you actually know of every other band that's scheduled?
    I don't think I've heard of 20 and I know I haven't actually heard the music of much more than a dozen.

and State Radio is playing :D ..if only they could add Cold War Kids to the line up and I'd be the happiest bunny in the field even with just those...let alone all the other bands I know I'll find out about over the weekend and hopefully a handfull I'll fall in love with (I discovered State Radio at Southside last year, thanks PJ, and Cold War Kids as opener for Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, last year as well...they're at the moment my 2 fav bands after PJ and QOTSA!)
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Keep the announcments coming!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • i dont know if they stream or webcast but i do know they sell full sets shortly after the festival. recordings are solid too!

Where do they sell the recordings? Like Itunes or their website?
  • you are a real fucking moron.

No shit!

You don't NEED Ten Club priority!! I can't stress it enough... that field is fucking HUGE! You're not going to see each and every one of the 80,000+ people clamouring for the front; not everyone there is going to be a PJ fan. Minutes before the bands starts (or during, it's just more awkward then), you can walk up DAMN close. Even if want your own acre, you can sit further back, and they have extra stacks (speakers) further back timed perfectly with the ones further up, so it sounds good no matter where you are. It IS all about the music, and not catching Ed's sweat. Seriously though, Ten Club priority.... they don't have priority for any other act, what makes you feel so deserving of your own little special space? Come on, reach out more, try to mingle with the fellow Rooers who aren't (yet..?) big time PJ fans and share the experience with them.

THE MOST negative thing I experienced during that entire weekend last year (I only slept for about a total of six hours for those four nights), was this gal bitching over her cell phone about how she was "camped in Kentucky", because she was in the Austin Powers area, which is about as far away as you can get from the main grounds (40 min. walk maybe?). Very, very, very chill I found it to be. Hopefully a similar crew makes their way there this year.

I hope they open with Of The Girl! They've pretty much retired what I think is such an amazing tune. Such a great opener too. It'd be nice if Nothing As It Seems came back in it's originalish form too. Otherwise, I'm not too picky, they'll fucking rock at such a great venue. [EDIT: I'm not expecting them to do anything. They're always a good time really.] You won't care what they play because you'll be having so much fun anyways... if you have the right frame of mind.

Another thing. As for the rest of the lineup, relax, they'll announce more. Go check out the length of last year's lineup. Next, check out every other year's lineup, and you'll notice how each year has gotten progressively bigger.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • preble69preble69 Posts: 135
    other than PJ the line up blows
  • lets just hope that this is a precursor to more summer shows
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm sure pj will add more shows. They won't just play one festival show again like they pretty much did last year in the states.... There will be other US dates added I would think.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • lets just hope that this is a precursor to more summer shows

Chill people this is no doubt the first of many PJ US shows this summer and no doubt down South.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
This discussion has been closed.