The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i only hope the NA tour itinerary isnt far behind.

"The waiting drove me mad"
    ;):)
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I can't wait to see this performance. :D did anyone see the Police when they were inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame? it was very awesome seeing them on stage again :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    culot4 wrote:
    "Members of The Police have so far refused to confirm rumors that the band is planning to reunite in 2007 for dates in Britain and the United States, with this year marking the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne."

Sting's ego can still destroy this whole thing. Especially if the Grammy performance doesn't go well. I still consider a reunion tour a rumor until Sting himself confirms it.

ahhhhhhhhhh...can't wait! what a year of concerts this will be!!! :)
    i only saw the police the one time. hey, i was 14 or 15? at the time.....so one show was it. but what a time it was! :D and then they split. :( it would be awesome to see them 20+ years later. and ohhhhhh.....stewart.........:p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

http://www.calendarlive.com/printedition/calendar/cl-wk-police8feb08,0,2381448.story?coll=cl-calendar

Police's 'special announcement' fuels tour talk
    By Randy Lewis
    Times Staff Writer

February 8, 2007

SPECULATION about the imminent announcement of a reunion tour by the Police escalated Wednesday with word that members Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers will make "a special announcement … to commemorate the band's 30th anniversary" on Monday at the Whisky in West Hollywood.

The trio, which disbanded in 1986, will be fresh off its reunion performance Sunday night, one that's expected to be a musical high point of the Grammy Awards at Staples Center.

Group representatives would not elaborate on the announcement, but invited the media to a rehearsal at the club in conjunction with the announcement.

A statement posted recently on Sting's website (http://www.sting.com) and attributed to Interscope Geffen A&M Records, the band's former label, noted that this year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of the breakthrough single, "Roxanne."

"Discussions have been underway as to how this will be commemorated," the statement read. "While we can confirm that there will indeed be something special done to mark the occasion, the depth of the band's involvement still remains undetermined."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Looks like they are doing a rehearsal show and opening up to Sting fan club members:
    On February 12, 20 Sting.com legacy members will be able attend The Police Rehearsals - to commemorate The Police's 30th anniversary. Sting.com have secured credentials so that 20 legacy members (i.e. those that have had an unbroken membership since January 2006) can be there to attend this historic event which will take place late morning at the famous Whisky A Go Go on Sunset Boulevard.

Any Sting.com Legacy member who wishes to be have their name entered in a draw to attend "The Police Rehearsals" should log in to the community area at Sting.com, visit the Contests message board, and read the thread entitled "Attend the Police Rehearsals!" for details of how to enter. After the event, we would like the winners to each submit to us 250 words that describes their experience of the day - we can say with some certainty that none of you will be lost for words!

You have until midnight on February 8 to express your interest in attending. Sting.com will draw names on February 9 and advise the winners that day that of their success.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Looks like they are doing a rehearsal show and opening up to Sting fan club members:

Thanks bath. I'm gonna have to keep checking out Sting's site from now on.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ahhhhhhhhhh...can't wait! what a year of concerts this will be!!! :)
    i only saw the police the one time. hey, i was 14 or 15? at the time.....so one show was it. but what a time it was! :D and then they split. :( it would be awesome to see them 20+ years later. and ohhhhhh.....stewart.........:p
    14 or 15.........wow, I was 17 when I saw them on the Ghost in the Machine tour.....awesome is selling them short.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    There's alot of hate going down on this board for The Police. I think it's a popular perception by many younger members that Sting(solo) and The Police are similiar entities. This is completely false and I hope that some doubters will give their Live recordings a listen. I guarantee you will not find any elevator music or yodeling arabs on them.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Brainofdz wrote:
    There's alot of hate going down on this board for The Police. I think it's a popular perception by many younger members that Sting(solo) and The Police are similiar entities. This is completely false and I hope that some doubters will give their Live recordings a listen. I guarantee you will not find any elevator music or yodeling arabs on them.

No doubt about it. The Police are one of my all-time favorite bands. Sting was brilliant. Sting, solo, bores the living hell out of me. I wouldn't go to a Sting concert if you gave me free VIP tickets. But I would skip a PJ show and pay good money to see The Police again.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Brainofdz wrote:

all one needs is Message In A Box

the hits in that package are packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes.
    platessmall.jpg
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    jeffbr wrote:
    No doubt about it. The Police are one of my all-time favorite bands. Sting was brilliant. Sting, solo, bores the living hell out of me. I wouldn't go to a Sting concert if you gave me free VIP tickets. But I would skip a PJ show and pay good money to see The Police again.

They were fucking fierce. They had the energy of punk, the chill groove of reggae, and classically trained skill of jazz men. That was part of Sting's problem. He put these diverse styles together and it all turned out amazing. He got a false sense that he could do any style with any collection of musicians and it would all turn out good. I just hope he does'nt plan on "reinventing" their classics. I have been waiting many years for this.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Brainofdz wrote:
    They were fucking fierce. They had the energy of punk, the chill groove of reggae, and classically trained skill of jazz men. That was part of Sting's problem. He put these diverse styles together and it all turned out amazing. He got a false sense that he could do any style with any collection of musicians and it would all turn out good. I just hope he does'nt plan on "reinventing" their classics. I have been waiting many years for this.

No don't say that. I want a greatest hits tour that is true to the originals. I don't want a choir in Invisible Sun or a yodeling version of Walking On the Moon. There is no need to re-invent the wheel here. Sting has been singing Police songs as a solo artist for years, and when they finally get back together I hope he doesn't decide to try something stupid.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yup.. LOVE the police.. despise Sting solo.. i'm probably not alone on that?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    culot4 wrote:
    No don't say that. I want a greatest hits tour that is true to the originals. I don't want a choir in Invisible Sun or a yodeling version of Walking On the Moon. There is no need to re-invent the wheel here. Sting has been singing Police songs as a solo artist for years, and when they finally get back together I hope he doesn't decide to try something stupid.
    This sounds like a good time for a "Massive Ego Alert." Sting's ego, that is.......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I read an article some 7-8 years ago about the possibility of the Police reuniting, (obviously it didn't happen then,) and the guys agreed that there's too much of a power struggle within the band to get along long enough to actually consider doing anything worthwhile. They constantly clash with each other and a huge amount of competition between them. Sting's not the only one with ego issues. The article I read was actual interviews w/ all three of them.

So don't get excited about a tour because there most likely won't be one. Just watch the Grammys Sunday night.
    Jeanwah wrote:
    So don't get excited about a tour because there most likely won't be one. Just watch the Grammys Sunday night.
    They're one of the very few reasons that I stoop to watching the Grammys.
    (VH1C) VH1 Classic
    Monday - February 12, 2007
    2 PM est

Live press conference with The Police from The Whisky A Go-Go in Los Angeles. VH1 Radio Network will simulcast the VH1 Classic telecast of the news conference. Members including Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers are scheduled to announce details on their long-rumored summer reunion tour. VH1 Classic will air the entire one-hour news conference which will also feature the band's exclusive live rehearsal.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=series&motvId=rotv%3As122595&days=&startdoc=1
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    cutback wrote:
    (VH1C) VH1 Classic
    2 PM est

Live press conference with The Police from The Whisky A Go-Go in Los Angeles. VH1 Radio Network will simulcast the VH1 Classic telecast of the news conference. Members including Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers are scheduled to announce details on their long-rumored summer reunion tour. VH1 Classic will air the entire one-hour news conference which will also feature the band's exclusive live rehearsal.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=series&motvId=rotv%3As122595&days=&startdoc=1

Oh snap.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    cutback wrote:
    (VH1C) VH1 Classic
    2 PM est

:eek:

the govideo is cued up & and ready to record

thanks for the heads up.
    platessmall.jpg
    cutback wrote:

ive seen that one

awesome stuff

:D

oh yeah and on a sidenote,..... i love hungry for you , even tho i have no idea what the french part is translated as , and i dont speak any french, the beat is awesome.
    platessmall.jpg
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    just watching copeland on drums tonight will be priceless....
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot that was tonight. Hopefully when they say The Police will open the show, thats what they mean.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    wow yeah thanks forgot about this also!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    Anyone have a link to a video of their performance?
    yosi wrote:
    Anyone have a link to a video of their performance?

I'm recording it but I'm on the west coast so it will be a while. :)
    cutback wrote:
    I'm recording it but I'm on the west coast so it will be a while. :)

Cool thanks.