The Police-Reunion!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Good timing!.. I just started getting into the Police a few months ago when I bought my first Police album. I now have all the albums, so to me it's like they're a new band that never split up! :D
    I have the cassette tapes of all the albums that I purchased in the late 1970's and early 1980's...............other than that I just got the box cd set which has everything (plus) on it.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    this was on the newswire today :D

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003527290

Police Reunion Rumors Reaching Fever Pitch

Rumors are swirling that the Police will reunite for 2007 dates in England and the United States, which would be the legendary trio's first since disbanding in 1986. Sources tell Billboard.com the reports are legitimate but would not publicly comment until final details are nearer to completion.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne," the single that broke the Police in the United States. "Discussions have been underway as to how this will be commemorated," reads a post on Sting's Web site attributed to an A&M spokesperson. "While we can confirm that there will indeed be something special done to mark the occasion, the depth of the band's involvement still remains undetermined."

Sources say in addition to DVD releases, A&M is planning another multi-disc collection in the vein of 1993's "Message in a Box," which featured the band's complete studio recordings and a handful of rarities.

A Police reunion has been the concert industry's dream for two decades, as it is believed the band could play stadiums internationally should it choose to reunite. But besides an impromptu set at Sting's 1992 wedding to Trudie Styler, the Police's only other post-breakup performance was in celebration of its 2003 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

And while Sting has repeatedly expressed reluctance at reuniting, drummer Stewart Copeland and guitarist Andy Summers have kept the flame alive. This summer, Summers told Billboard he was certain the group could have continued on past its 1983 commercial peak with "Synchronicity."

"The more rational approach would have been, 'OK, Sting, go make a solo record, and let's get back together in two or three years,'" he said. "I'm certain we could have done that. Of course we could have. We were definitely not in a creative dry space. We could have easily carried on, and we could probably still be there. That wasn't to be our fate. It went in another way. I regret we never paid it off with a last tour. We snuck out the back door, which is what we were told to do, until it just became too frustrating to lie about it."

"I'm very keen on it," Copeland told Billboard.com of a potential reunion, the day after the Rock Hall induction. "But I absolutely understand why it's not going to happen and I'm down with that. It was really great to be the Police for 15 minutes. If you can think of some other award we can go get or some other good reason, give me a call, and I'll try it out!"

In 2001, Copeland excitedly told Billboard about "one piece of unreleased Police product" which he hoped would eventually see the light of day.

"One of the times when they were working on the box set or something like that, they convened the three of us on the phone. Sting and Andy were in Italy; Andy was visiting Sting at the time, and I was on a DSL line in L.A.," he recalled. "And we went down all the song titles from all of our albums. Song title: 'Can't Stand Losing You.' And we each just talked about the track and argued and shouted and screamed. There was laughter and tears. It was very cathartic. It was almost like a therapy session. It was hysterical. It was so much fun."

"We were really going at it with all the language, straight for the jugular, refighting the battles, laughing hysterically while we put the stiletto exactly where we stuck it last time," he continued. "The engineer said it was like watching a concert. They were in Italy and it's like after dinner, and I'm here in L.A. at 10 in the morning. I'm getting more and more caffeinated as they're getting drunker and drunker."

"It seems like we're in contact all the time, but actually, years go by," Copeland said of his ongoing relationship with Summers and Sting. "It's sort of like whenever we see each other, it's like we saw each other five minutes ago. We don't have any sensation of time going by. We don't pick up the phone every week, but when we do, we pick up from where we left off."
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    This better not be some cruel joke. This better happen!!!
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Just heard that the police will make a reunion 2007 :);):):)
    Great!
    Amazing!
    Hope that they are gonna be as good as for 20 years !
    and hope to see them
    god help us all!

sry, i just never liked sting
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I don't think this thing is gaining much steam until Sting comes out and confirms it himself. He is the diva in this whole reunion A stadium tour in the States would be incredible, but I'm skeptical.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • MishralMishral Posts: 211
    Holy shit!!!
    This will be awesome!!
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • This would easilly be the top tour of 2007 and probably one of the highest priced.
  • They'll get in a fight and then Sting will blast the other 2 into infinity with his chi.

:p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    They'll get in a fight and then Sting will blast the other 2 into infinity with his chi.

:p

Thank you for my morning laugh.:D:D
  • cutback wrote:
    Thank you for my morning laugh.:D:D
    You're welcome! *bows*

In all seriousness, if this works out it would be very very cool. I love the Police.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    You're welcome! *bows*

In all seriousness, if this works out it would be very very cool. I love the Police.

I've been waiting for this since 1984.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Just heard that the police will make a reunion 2007 :);):):)
    Great!
    Amazing!
    Hope that they are gonna be as good as for 20 years !
    and hope to see them

my very FIRST concert, ever, was the police back in 1984? i believe. as i have often said, the police were the pearl jam of my youth! :D i would LOVE to see them again live...and oh my.....stewart copeland, my teen years crush. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • my boyfriend and i have a bet going right now about this! hahaha. i say it's not going to happen (there have been talks about them touring again since they broke up, but they always shoot it down). and despite the fact that he has read several articles to me that discuss the real possiblity of a reunion tour, i'm still not budging!! (mainly because i don't want to admit i'm wrong) ;) i'm sure he's dying to win though. (and secretly i am too)

all things aside though, it would be awesome to see them live!! :)
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
    I think the Police reunion IS going to happen!! I mean, from this article, they said they are rehearsing!!! REHEARSING people?! :eek:

REPORT: Police Rehearsing For Tour In Vancouver

January 25, 2007, 4:00 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    The Police will rehearse for their upcoming reunion tour at Lions Gate Studios in Vancouver, according to reports today (Jan. 25) by the city's classic rock radio station, CFMI. Details of the summer trek, the band's first in more than two decades, will be announced next month.

In addition, the Police are strongly rumored to be performing as part of the opening segment of the Grammy telecast on Feb. 11 from Los Angeles' Staples Center. At deadline, a Grammy spokesperson had no information on a possible appearance by the group.

Before the Police get busy, Sting has a three-week European tour on tap in support of his lute album, "Songs From the Labryinth." The outing, which finds the artist accompanied by lutenist Edin Karamazov, begins Feb. 18 in Paris and wraps March 12 in Stuttgart, Germany.

On Feb. 20, Deutsche Grammophon will release a CD/DVD companion piece to "Labryinth," dubbed "The Journey And The Labyrinth: The Music Of John Dowland." The project will include a DVD chronicling Sting's fascination with 16th century musician John Dowland and a concert at St. Luke's Church in London.

The audio from that show, which features the Police's "Message in a Bottle" and Robert Johnson's "Hell Hound," is represented on the CD.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    F*ck the Police - PJ will play another Euro-tour!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    parel jam wrote:
    F*ck the Police - PJ will play another Euro-tour!

A reunited Police show, or a reunited Pink Floyd show would be enough for me to skip a PJ show. PJ wins every other conflict in schedules. If the Police are touring the US this summer I won't think twice about PJ's tour of Europe.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    jeffbr wrote:
    A reunited Police show, or a reunited Pink Floyd show would be enough for me to skip a PJ show. PJ wins every other conflict in schedules. If the Police are touring the US this summer I won't think twice about PJ's tour of Europe.

Pink Floyd - now we're talking...but the Police?? Come on - they are ok when you're above 50 years old...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Pink Floyd - now we're talking...but the Police?? Come on - they are ok when you're above 50 years old...

LOL, I'm not quite there, but probably closer than you think. ;) Of course, so are the boys from PJ. We're all getting a bit older each day!
    Ooops, dupe.
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I think the Police reunion IS going to happen!! I mean, from this article, they said they are rehearsing!!! REHEARSING people?! :eek:

REPORT: Police Rehearsing For Tour In Vancouver

January 25, 2007, 4:00 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    The Police will rehearse for their upcoming reunion tour at Lions Gate Studios in Vancouver, according to reports today (Jan. 25) by the city's classic rock radio station, CFMI. Details of the summer trek, the band's first in more than two decades, will be announced next month.

In addition, the Police are strongly rumored to be performing as part of the opening segment of the Grammy telecast on Feb. 11 from Los Angeles' Staples Center. At deadline, a Grammy spokesperson had no information on a possible appearance by the group.

Before the Police get busy, Sting has a three-week European tour on tap in support of his lute album, "Songs From the Labryinth." The outing, which finds the artist accompanied by lutenist Edin Karamazov, begins Feb. 18 in Paris and wraps March 12 in Stuttgart, Germany.

On Feb. 20, Deutsche Grammophon will release a CD/DVD companion piece to "Labryinth," dubbed "The Journey And The Labyrinth: The Music Of John Dowland." The project will include a DVD chronicling Sting's fascination with 16th century musician John Dowland and a concert at St. Luke's Church in London.

The audio from that show, which features the Police's "Message in a Bottle" and Robert Johnson's "Hell Hound," is represented on the CD.

I really hope this pans out. The Police are a fantastic band, and I would LOVE to see them live!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070130/en_nm/grammys_police_dc

The Police will reunite to open the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on February 11, The Recording Academy said on Tuesday, fueling speculation that the hit 1980s band is planning a reunion tour.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    well i will just say i really don't care when and if they get back together i saw them at least 6 times back in the day .......i'm not going back again !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    "Members of The Police have so far refused to confirm rumors that the band is planning to reunite in 2007 for dates in Britain and the United States, with this year marking the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne."

Sting's ego can still destroy this whole thing. Especially if the Grammy performance doesn't go well. I still consider a reunion tour a rumor until Sting himself confirms it.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • i bet the tickets in the usa will be $200 for this...which will really REALLY piss me off.

in the end, though, i'll prolly go...but sting/andy and stewart will be really really small from where i am sitting :(
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070130/en_nm/grammys_police_dc

The Police will reunite to open the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on February 11, The Recording Academy said on Tuesday, fueling speculation that the hit 1980s band is planning a reunion tour.

PBM

AHHHH!!!
    Thanks PBM :D
    *faints*
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Pink Floyd, ya that'd beat a PJ show. I can't think of much else though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070130/en_nm/grammys_police_dc

PBM

:eek: :D:D:D:D
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Police opening The Grammy Awards

The five-time Grammy-winning band, led by frontman Sting, with Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers, split up in 1984 and was last seen playing together in 2003 to commemorate their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The band, known for such hits as "Roxanne," "Message in a Bottle" and "Every Breath You Take," has never performed at the annual telecast for the music industry's most prestigious awards that are given by The Recording Academy.

"The Police join a stellar list of past Grammy Awards opening acts, which includes reunions and once-in-a-lifetime performances," said a statement from the academy.

Members of The Police have so far refused to confirm rumors that the band is planning to reunite in 2007 for dates in Britain and the United States, with this year marking the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne."

Last month the band's label A&M Records, which is owned by Universal Music, said in a statement that they would mark the year somehow.

"It is our intention to mark the anniversary by doing something special with the band's catalog of songs. Needless to say, everyone is hopeful the band will support our plans and while early discussions have taken place, nothing has been decided," said the statement.

Other presenters at the Grammy Awards include Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Christina Aguilera, Melissa Etheridge and Stevie Wonder.

was kinda thinking i hope we dont hear roxanne-

but a medley of a few hits would be cool. ( * ghosts in the machine, synchronicity )

i only hope the NA tour itinerary isnt far behind.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life