Revelations

12346»

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I guess I'm one of the few who was actually pleased by Out of Exile. Restraint has a purpose in places; I think artists do themselves and their fans a favor by not being typical and constantly doing the same things. I'm hoping that Audioslave will keep on flexing their versatility.

Exile and Revelations are both in my car (along with 4 others CD's) and spinning them on random is pretty good. I liked Moth upon first listen but now....wow.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    I guess I'm one of the few who was actually pleased by Out of Exile. Restraint has a purpose in places; I think artists do themselves and their fans a favor by not being typical and constantly doing the same things. I'm hoping that Audioslave will keep on flexing their versatility.

I liked Out of Exile actually, my qualms with it were the opening and closing tracks which were really weak and brought the overall mood of the album down. I think in terms of versatility, out of exile is probably their most versatile (i.e. title track, Dandelion, Yesterday to Tomorrow, #1 Zero, Doesn't Remind Me). I don't know what people see the 1st album honestly. there are really only 4-5 songs which I can bare to listen to anymore (and cochise is not one of them)...and Cornell sounds so awful.

Revelations is what the 1st album should've sounded like. it's basically a more cohesive version of the first album, with better written songs (i.e. Moth, Wide Awake, Shape of Things to Come, Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye)...feel free to argue this point...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Revelations is what the 1st album should've sounded like. it's basically a more cohesive version of the first album, with better written songs (i.e. Moth, Wide Awake, Shape of Things to Come, Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye)...feel free to argue this point...
    Nope....can't!

Good opinions with actual points to justify them. I listen to the first album the least, as well. Would love to take Hypnotize, Like A Stone and Getaway Car and stick them on the other 2 albums. Revelations is definitely cohesive body of work. It sounds like the pieces of the 2 repective groups are finally finding their common ground.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • i say give em another 1-2 albums before choosing to write them off or not. that's my 2 cents
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    from all the interviews, these guys are FAR from calling it quits..... a little hiatus never hurt anyone. This is my fav album from them overall, start to finish.....
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    I'm with you Tosh! Last night I had put in a SOAD cd in the car and my daughter got a little pissed off with me. She said, "no, you can't take out Revelations!" We've had that cd in since the first day it came out! Absolutely love it and think it's the best one from them yet! (I was just in a SOAD mood, for the moment. :))
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Toshala wrote:
    from all the interviews, these guys are FAR from calling it quits..... a little hiatus never hurt anyone. This is my fav album from them overall, start to finish.....

the more i listen to this album, the more i realize that it just might take the top spot. THIS IS A FANTASTIC ALBUM. it flows so well that i'm amazed when MOTH is over. and let me just say that MOTH is the perfect closer.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    wow, Chuckie lives.........whatdya know?!?!?!?!? Glad you're being positive about it now.....wait til we see them do this shit live.........ooooooohhhhhhyeah!!!!
  • Even though I think this album is the bands best album thus far, I wouldn't mind at all if they broke up. I would rather for just Tom to leave, but I think its a 3-for-1 deal with the Rage guys.

For anybody that is interested, I have a full-scale review for the album on last.fm: review

While it is a very good album, its no where close to the best album by a Cornell this year. That title belongs to Chris' brother Peter and his band Black Market Radio.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Wow, heard this album today for the 1st time. How much I want RATM to return, this album really kicks ass...great songs...haven't heard any of them so far (not even the single(s))...

Certainly one of the best this year!

PS I don't understand all the complaints about Brad Wilk, I think he's a good drummer, even for Audioslave...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • huahhuah Posts: 18
    While it is a very good album, its no where close to the best album by a Cornell this year. That title belongs to Chris' brother Peter and his band Black Market Radio.

I bought the BMR album but I can't really get into it :( I like Wave and Big Stones, but beyond that...did it take you a lot of listens? I've probably listened to it ~5 times all the way through.

I must say Revelations is growing on me. It's actually completely reformed my idea of Audioslave, and I'm starting to like them a lot more. They fit Chris's current personality and voice (his voice really isn't that bad now, aside from the trouble with the high notes, just quite different...) At this point, I think I might be sad if Soundgarden decided to reunite and start making albums, just because it wouldn't quite be Soundgarden with this whole "new Cornell" thing. I'm starting to agree with what they've been saying in the interviews all along, Soundgarden had a great run and a good end and best not to mess with it.

However, I would be up for a one-night reunion show :) If it ends up being terrible, we can just pretend it never happened.
    Matt Cameron is awesome.
  • huah wrote:
    I bought the BMR album but I can't really get into it :( I like Wave and Big Stones, but beyond that...did it take you a lot of listens? I've probably listened to it ~5 times all the way through.

When the album got to my house, I listened to it once but I placed it on the back burner because I had picked up a handful of albums around the same time. About 4-6 weeks ago I listened to it again and was hooked. Its a fantastic album; it definitely takes you back in time and feels genuine and real unlike Godsmack, Creed, et al.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Yeah the album rocks. Moth is my favortie song on the album.
  • 'Nothing Left to say but Goodbye' has also grown on me...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • jewel of the summertime...