• 2nd shitty album and not counting
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    grungehead wrote:
    2nd shitty album and not counting

lol...you dont like cornell apparently
  • worst audioslave album for sure!
  • macgyver06 wrote:
    lol...you dont like cornell apparently

cornell rocks but audioslave is garbage.i blame it mostly on tom morello and his rediculously short guitar strap
    i like it! why would they release out of exile or audoslave again?? its a new album.. stop hoping for another ten.. losers :) bands evolve!
    cornell rocks but audioslave is garbage.i blame it mostly on tom morello and his rediculously short guitar strap

ummm... shirley manson is garbage....
  • havent heard the album yet... original fire is pretty eh tho... but atleast we have the upcoming solo chris CD to look forward to... and i am REALLY REALLY looking forward to it :D ... euphoria morning is one of my favorites...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    lol...this reminds me when no code came out and everyone told me it was the worst pj album :)

but as far as spirit and lyrics goes...cornell and vedder are on the same page..
    very very very very spiritual

philosophe type stuff
  • That's it..."Other Music" is now called the "Audioslave Fourm"
  • Just went and bought it. Haven't heard anything but Original Fire yet. Not my favorite AS song but its catchy. They went for the box cover similar to PJ. Now with their new fanclub they're even going more for the PJ thing.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Just went and bought it. Haven't heard anything but Original Fire yet. Not my favorite AS song but its catchy. They went for the box cover similar to PJ. Now with their new fanclub they're even going more for the PJ thing.

nothing left to say but goodbye... very cool DOG song :) my favorite so far
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    its up and down.

Wide awake is very good. I think the chrous is the amazing - the chorus is sensational and its even better going into the screaming bit at the end.

Glad this is the last album as i think this rage + cornell stuff is getting a bit boring.

Bring back solo chris!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I've been enjoying the album for a week; had time to digest it all and it's hardly horrible. There's nothing particularly revelatory about it but it's consistent in it's funk, it's grooves, it's occasion sluggishness, it's strong vocals and it's thinking man's lyrics.

Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye...if I weren't a cat person I'd be inclined to run out and get a dog because of this song. And you must dig into Wide Awake. The chorus of the song really speaks.

Audioslave....love them or hate them.

Then move on.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    icarus wrote:
    i havent heard the new album but i just listened to the whole of out of exile for the first time and its complete crap. the only decent songs are the singles.

i completely disagree.
    i think it may be..i just relate to the music and lyrics alot..
    the whole rebirth...escaping a life wasted... out of exile kind of theme..
    very tough to do..and once you realize your out of the shit...and theres no chance of falling back...its a good feeling.

and this is a soundtrack to that...these albums...avocado...revelations...out of exile... riot act...

i think its a movement people are missing...
    even the chili peppers talk about it.. dredg's 'catch without arms'
    history repeats
  • The only revelation on this record is that Audioslave is a one-trick pony. But perhaps we already knew that.

6/10...definitely listenable but definitely forgettable. The worst of their three records. If you didn't like Audioslave before, you won't like them now. If you did like them before, you won't like them much more after this one and you'll return to the other records soon.

Bring on solo Cornell! Euphoria Morning is one of the most underrated records of the 90s.
    The only revelation on this record is that Audioslave is a one-trick pony. But perhaps we already knew that.

6/10...definitely listenable but definitely forgettable. The worst of their three records. If you didn't like Audioslave before, you won't like them now. If you did like them before, you won't like them much more after this one and you'll return to the other records soon.

Bring on solo Cornell! Euphoria Morning is one of the most underrated records of the 90s.

lol... are you a music/art critic?
    seriously why review something you dont like?

with no depth to reasoning?
    seek emplyment at spin or rolling stone.
  • That's it..."Other Music" is now called the "Audioslave Fourm"

right on, dude.

i got it this morning and heard it once through and them picked some to hear again. 8 of the twelve are instantly kick ass:

revelations
    one in the same
    sound of a gun
    original fire
    shape of things to come
    wide awake
    nothing left to say but good bye
    moth

jewel of the summertime was way better the second time, but the unh-huh, like vedder's uh-oh-oh-oh on unemployable, is corny to me. a lot of people said "untill we fall" was one of their favs. i only heard this one once so far, and i don't think i was paying attention or something. i heard "someday" once and thought it was super pop like, i think i'll like this one more as time goes on.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    right on, dude.

i got it this morning and heard it once through and them picked some to hear again. 8 of the twelve are instantly kick ass:

revelations
    one in the same
    sound of a gun
    original fire
    shape of things to come
    wide awake
    nothing left to say but good bye
    moth

jewel of the summertime was way better the second time, but the unh-huh, like vedder's uh-oh-oh-oh on unemployable, is corny to me. a lot of people said "untill we fall" was one of their favs. i only heard this one once so far, and i don't think i was paying attention or something. i heard "someday" once and thought it was super pop like, i think i'll like this one more as time goes on.

i think these goons still want old albums already released..to be released again for some reason with a different name??

this album is gold baby
  • macgyver06 wrote:
    lol... are you a music/art critic?
    seriously why review something you dont like?

with no depth to reasoning?
    seek emplyment at spin or rolling stone.

That sounds like a challenge. Here's why this record is sub-par:

Musically, this record is no different than their other offerings and not even as solid as the previous records. It sounds rather thrown together. The hooks are few and far between, the bridges weak and the sound is pretty muddled. While it's nice to see that Marello's gimmicks are kept to a relative minimum, he fails to do anything here that really stands out. Overall the record sounds like a car in need of work....lots of stops and starts without any real progress.

Lyrically, it's too damn repetitive. Cornell's voice is lost on a lot of the tracks. His voice lacks its typical intensity and the stuff that actually gets through is more cliche than prophetic.

Ironically, the only great song on this record is the title track. The rest of it sounds like the occassional filler on the other two records. It's as if someone put together an Audioslave greatest hits record and then as a cruel joke released the songs that were left over.

That said, the album does have some good grooves. Other than "Jewel of the Summertime", there isn't anything here that is completely unlistenable. "Moth" and "Wide Awake" are lyrically solid. But after the first track every other song seems to scream "skip button". Unfortunately there's nothing really engaging to skip to.
  • cornell rocks but audioslave is garbage.i blame it mostly on tom morello and his rediculously short guitar strap

:mad: :mad: Don't you start on Tom Morello!! :mad: :mad: ;)

*ahem* I haven't heard any of the new album yet actually :eek: Been so preoccupied with PJ that it slipped my mind the album was out on Monday :o
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I loved the first two Audioslave albums and i have listened to the new one twice already and really like it. Lots of great tunes in my opinion
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!

Musically, this record is no different than their other offerings and not even as solid as the previous records. It sounds rather thrown together. The hooks are few and far between, the bridges weak and the sound is pretty muddled. While it's nice to see that Marello's gimmicks are kept to a relative minimum, he fails to do anything here that really stands out. Overall the record sounds like a car in need of work....lots of stops and starts without any real progress.

Lyrically, it's too damn repetitive. Cornell's voice is lost on a lot of the tracks. His voice lacks its typical intensity and the stuff that actually gets through is more cliche than prophetic.

Ironically, the only great song on this record is the title track. The rest of it sounds like the occassional filler on the other two records. It's as if someone put together an Audioslave greatest hits record and then as a cruel joke released the songs that were left over.

That said, the album does have some good grooves. Other than "Jewel of the Summertime", there isn't anything here that is completely unlistenable. "Moth" and "Wide Awake" are lyrically solid. But after the first track every other song seems to scream "skip button". Unfortunately there's nothing really engaging to skip to.

''But after the first track every other song seems to scream "skip button"

your review screams '' I don't do anything for anyone ''

i dont mean to attack ya, but read your post and tell me what kind of analysis is this... lol... tell me your just in a weird mood and havent really put any thought behind that...
  • macgyver06 wrote:
    i dont mean to attack ya, but read your post and tell me what kind of analysis is this... lol... tell me your just in a weird mood and havent really put any thought behind that...

Attack away. Why would I put it out there if I didn't want someone to challenge it? Now do you have a counter?
    Attack away. Why would I put it out there if I didn't want someone to challenge it? Now do you have a counter?

yes.. i never have liked panic at the disco! so you know what... you probaly wont catch me reviewing their albums :)

i think you have a hang up with the 90's

i loved em...but its over man.your living in the past man.....your hung up on a freaking clown from the sixties man...

also read the lyrics as you listen to corduroy...vedder hates you :)
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME!!! This song completely OWNS the entire album for me. I am obsessed with this sick ass badboy. I remember a month or so back someone posted a 10 second clip of it online, from Miami Vice. I downloaded that thing and listened to it non-stop! Just from a 10 second clip I was already convinced that this would be my fav song from the album...and I was right. Hands down this is the one. l fuckin LOVE IT!!!!!

At this point Revelations as a whole is a bit of a grower for me, which is ok. Some of my most adored albums have been growers. I've listened about 3 times now and while it continues to get better with each listen, it still isn't fully hitting me like I know it can. I KNOW it can. I mean the title track alone... first listen it wasn't clicking and now by the 3rd it's one of my favs. I can't get it outta my head. There are a TON of super catchy grooves going on here.

Overall I think it's a kick ass solid album...and I look forward to it reeeeally punching me in the face. :D

I'm love love lovin...

*Until We Fall* ~*Revelations* ~*The Shape of things to come*!

Oooh, did we all see this????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSIm5p5lLmk
    :o:o:o

SOOOO insanely GORGEOUS!!! It makes me wanna cry!!

Regardless of how others feel about him, CORNELL remains completely untouchable imo. :o The man is not of this earth and the voice continues to get me like NO other.

And YES YES YES! SOLO CORNELL! I am soooooo beyond excited for this. Like...PJ excited! :D:D:D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME!!! This song completely OWNS the entire album for me. I am obsessed with this sick ass badboy. I remember a month or so back someone posted a 10 second clip of it online, from Miami Vice. I downloaded that thing and listened to it non-stop! Just from a 10 second clip I was already convinced that this would be my fav song from the album...and I was right. Hands down this is the one. l fuckin LOVE IT!!!!!

At this point Revelations as a whole is a bit of a grower for me, which is ok. Some of my most adored albums have been growers. I've listened about 3 times now and while it continues to get better with each listen, it still isn't fully hitting me like I know it can. I KNOW it can. I mean the title track alone... first listen it wasn't clicking and now by the 3rd it's one of my favs. I can't get it outta my head. There are a TON of super catchy grooves going on here.

Overall I think it's a kick ass solid album...and I look forward to it reeeeally punching me in the face. :D

I'm love love lovin...

*Until We Fall* ~*Revelations* ~*The Shape of things to come*!

Oooh, did we all see this????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSIm5p5lLmk
    :o:o:o

SOOOO insanely GORGEOUS!!! It makes me wanna cry!!

Regardless of how others feel about him, CORNELL remains completely untouchable imo. :o The man is not of this earth and the voice continues to get me like NO other.

And YES YES YES! SOLO CORNELL! I am soooooo beyond excited for this. Like...PJ excited! :D:D:D

no one sings like him anymore :)
  • macgyver06 wrote:
    yes.. i never have liked panic at the disco! so you know what... you probaly wont catch me reviewing their albums :)

I'm a big fan of Audioslave's previous 2 records.
    i think you have a hang up with the 90's

Why? Because I don't like a band that is formed from two bands that helped define the sound of the 90s? Strange....
    i loved em...but its over man.your living in the past man.....your hung up on a freaking clown from the sixties man...

That's a good Seinfeld quote.
    also read the lyrics as you listen to corduroy...vedder hates you :)

I highly doubt that Eddie Vedder is aware I exist. And I doubt he'd want the lyrics on this record compared to his own.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    macgyver06 wrote:
    no one sings like him anymore :)

SO true!

No one EVER has.

>>AND<<

No one EVER will.
    :)

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • That sounds like a challenge. Here's why this record is sub-par:

you totally convinced me (eye roll). i did like it but now that i read your post........
    i really like pizza, pb&j, pearl jam, and chicken fried steak too, are there any of those that you think i shouldn't?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown