Revelations

Comments

• I thought the album was ok. I dont know, the album just didnt do it for me maybe i need to listen to it more. ive only listened to it 3 times. But yeah imo it is their worst album yet. Its got a couple of songs i really like but thats about it.
    yah... listen to it more... it grows on you... still their worst i think... but it gets better... theres a handful of good ones...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • alrighty, finally have given the album a few more spins...and i am definitely liking it more and more. funny too, i LOVE the music a lot, always, in audioslave. obviously shows my bias for the musicians of rage, particularly rhythyms, i LOVE wilk/commerford together.....seriously funky stuff, always. morello is just icing/interest to me....otherwise i always considered them a rhythym-driven band, which i personally ADORE. i like a few soundgarden songs, but never a huge fan and really only appreciate cornell now, well also in temple of the dog, but i digress.

side note - i did p/u euphoria morning...only got to listen to it once thru, and go ahead and crucify me, but yea...cornell doesn't do much for me w/o the rage boys. perhaps it will grow on me, and i also want to give soundgarden more of a go, but yea......definitely a rage girl here...and thus the bulk of my audioslave love directed there, although new-found appreciation for cornell b/c of it.

anyway, revelations is a SOLID album. :)
    however, at this point i think out of exile is still my fave of the 3, but i do love em all.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Revelations. I actually liked it on the 1st listen. Some funky tracks on there. Much better than Out of Exile, which never grew on me.

Audioslave's 1st is still my favorite, though.

I was just excited to see Audioslave live at MSG in 10/05!!

And now we know that Cornell is planning solo time!?!? I can't wait!!
    I was bitten, must have been the devil.....

06 Leg I~ Continental II
    07 Lollapalooza
    08 Tampa
    08 EV DC I
  • Revelations. I actually liked it on the 1st listen. Some funky tracks on there. Much better than Out of Exile, which never grew on me.

Audioslave's 1st is still my favorite, though.

I was just excited to see Audioslave live at MSG in 10/05!!

And now we know that Cornell is planning solo time!?!? I can't wait!!
    I loved Cornell's Solo album. I Still listen to it
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    It feels like a less than stellar follow up to the steaming pile of explicitive that was Out of Exile, but at least it's an improvement.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • if this does end up being their last album, at least they went out on a not-so-horrible note...i.e. last 3 tracks of Revelations being decent listening, and "Moth" probably the best track they have done since "Shadow on the Sun".
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    So come pull the sheet over my eyes
    So I can sleep tonight
    Despite what I've seen today
    I find you guilty of a crime
    Of sleeping at a time
    When you should have been
    wide awake

Damn! :eek: I cannot get this outta my head. No, really!
    This POWERfull ass song is attacking the living shit outta me...
    and I LOVE it! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn02eJ1Ak9k

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! :eek:

Woooooo!!!! Thanks for that! :D:D:D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    okay. so i've been listening to revelations for a bit now and i'm liking it. much prefer it to 'out of exile'. even morello's guitar histrionics i have to admit. yes even the ones inside 'jewel of the summertime'
    i'm giving it an 8 at this point in time.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    .... even morello's guitar histrionics i have to admit. yes even the ones inside 'jewel of the summertime'...
    Oye.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • "Shape of Things to Come" is now up there with title track, "wide awake" and "moth".

And I believe "Somedays" is officially the most annoying AS track recorded, surpassing the lame "Original Fire"!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • "Shape of Things to Come" is now up there with title track, "wide awake" and "moth".

And I believe "Somedays" is officially the most annoying AS track recorded, surpassing the lame "Original Fire"!

I love Somedays. Sounds more like a Soundgarden song than an Audioslave song IMO.
  • hehe really? To me, "Nothing Left to say but goodbye" seems the most SG to me...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    "Shape of Things to Come" is now up there with title track, "wide awake" and "moth".

Interesting. I actually agree with everything you said there. :p
    I can't get into Somedays. I love the way Chris sounds after the breakdown and the way he sounds at the very end though. WOW! But overall that and Original Fire both don't do it for me. They are waaaaaaaaay too repetitive. Repetition can be good sometimes, especially if you like what's being repeated...but yeah these ones just don't click. I am deeply IN LOVE with the rest of the album though. :o Again, not every single thing is gonna hit ya .

Awwww Nothing Left to say but Goodbye! *melts* Such a gorgeous, sweet ass song!!! It kinda reminds me of solo Chris. *sigh* I adore that beauty. It's another one that's been pushed to the point of obsession. That, SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME, MOTH, UNTIL WE FALL, REVELATIONS,SOUND OF A GUN and WIDE AWAKE. I've been listening to ALL of them religiously. :D
    I love this damn album!

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Just downloaded, in the process of giving it my first listen. First song, sounds like a re-done song off both of the previous albums. Not a good sign...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • To me the only good songs are Sound of a Gun, MOTH, Wide Awake and Shape of Thigns to Come.

This album fittingly ends on a fade out.
  • yosi wrote:
    Just downloaded, in the process of giving it my first listen. First song, sounds like a re-done song off both of the previous albums. Not a good sign...

I actually quite like the opening track...if u listen to the album on repeat it flows really well from "Moth" into "revelations"
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Interesting. I actually agree with everything you said there. :p
    Awwww Nothing Left to say but Goodbye! *melts* Such a gorgeous, sweet ass song!!! It kinda reminds me of solo Chris. *sigh* I adore that beauty. It's another one that's been pushed to the point of obsession. That, SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME, MOTH, UNTIL WE FALL, REVELATIONS,SOUND OF A GUN and WIDE AWAKE. I've been listening to ALL of them religiously. :D
    I love this damn album!

lol that's a shock eh? I'm actually NOT an audioslave basher...i just know they are talented bastards who should be pushing their art form more.

But yeah, I like the way the album ends..like it's actually cohesive through the last 3 tracks, and as I mentioned above, flows into the beginning of the album too if you have it on repeat (which by the sounds of it..I'm sure you do:P).

I didn't mind out of exile (but it was overall quite mediocre like the debut) but I really did hate how awfully it ended and began..."Your Time Has Come" was cochise rehashed..and..."The Curse"...WHY was that song on the album, it's such a weak song with wooden lyrics...they should have ended with "#1 Zero", which to me would be in the top 5 audioslave songs...Luckily such a 'curse' has not befallen this album. these guys still have some way to go though if they are to be really signifcant...that's what I think
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • But yeah, I like the way the album ends..like it's actually cohesive through the last 3 tracks, and as I mentioned above, flows into the beginning of the album too if you have it on repeat (which by the sounds of it..I'm sure you do:P).
    i completely agree with this. i love the whole album and can't stop listening to it, but those last three tracks get me everytime! and i'm LOVING nothing left to say but goodbye, my fave by far right now.
  • i dig 'Revelations'.

i really like the funkiness of this album. much, much better than 'out of exile'.
  • 8 revelations - good radio song, excellent combination of morello and cornell on this one
    5 one in the same - best example of the zeppelin + r&b and the best choice for a single IMO
    7 sound of a gun - heard it in concert last year and it sounds like classic audioslave
    6 untill we fall - this one has grown so much for me and is now one of my favorites excellent cornell tune
    9 original fire - really good song that sounds even better in the context of the album
    12 broken city - totally different song heavy on the morello fx
    10 somedays - super pop song that i totally dig, one where morello and cornell seem to be on different planets
    2 shape of things to come - such a beautiful song
    11 jewel of the summertime - i'm sure rage fans wish cornell would be angry for this one. once again morello and cornell are on different planets, but i still like it. sounds like OOE more than the other tracks
    3 wide awake - i read that morello said, "finally" about this one. great song that everyone should hear
    4 nothing left to say but goodbye - i think cornell just went ahead and made the album he wanted to and morello did the same. a real cornell beauty that is very sweet, silly and turns out to be one of the best
    1 moth - hear it is, the best song on the album and the best song in the AS catalog, IMO

BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR FOR ME, LOVE EVERY SONG FROM FRONT TO BACK
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • i bought it the day it came out and i love it. i think its their best album, but not much better than their first. i like every song, even the new 'be yourself', "until we fall".

before i bought the album and went through all of the song titles for some odd reason i knew moth was going to be the best. and it is. that song is amazing, just the title alone is great.
  • before i bought the album and went through all of the song titles for some odd reason i knew moth was going to be the best. and it is. that song is amazing, just the title alone is great.

I dig the imagery and themes of that song. yeah definitely the best track on the album.

As for the worst song...it's hard to toss up between which irritates me more..original fire, somedays or jewel of the summertime...i usually skip them promptly hehe
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • jewel of a summertime? wow i thought everyone liked that song.
  • Revelations is such a relief! I knew Audioslave still had the "fire" in them but it definitely didn't show on Out of Exile. The band really restrained themselves on that one and it didn't pay off.

I do have a few criticisms of Revelations...like the fact that Cornell kind of shouts his way through the album. He really doesn't "sing" anything. But I'd certainly prefer shouting to "Doesn't Remind Me." I agree with the person who said "Somedays" is an annoying song.

Revelations is surely Cornell's best record since Down on the Upside. My favorite songs are "Broken City," "One and the Same," and "Wide Awake." Crank up the volume, hit play, and just let it blast!
    "This is another sing-a-long." - Eddie Vedder before singing Lukin live at Madison Square Garden.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i think its a good album however the 1st is still my alltime fav!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    very glad i got this album..huge improvement from Out of Exile imo.
    can't think of a bad song on it!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    very glad i got this album..huge improvement from Out of Exile imo.
    can't think of a bad song on it!

Sure is a good purchase, solid, consistent and has a flow, something the last two albums did'nt feel like they had to me, they both had some classic songs on, this one just feels solid from track 1 to 12.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • I think this album kicks ass. good riffs for sure
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Sure is a good purchase, solid, consistent and has a flow, something the last two albums did'nt feel like they had to me, they both had some classic songs on, this one just feels solid from track 1 to 12.:)

just downloaded it, can't wait to hear it now
    die on a hilltop.. eyeing the crows,
    waiting for your lids to close..
    but you want to watch as they peck your flesh..
    Ironic that they go for the eyes first