Options

guns n' roses

Comments

• Options
    edeneden Posts: 407
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    he certainly does..don't see him leaving though considering he's been with Axl for almost 10 years now..

haha..a reason why i ignore most if not all GN'R threads here..it's the same rubbish..
    i think 16 seconds of Checkmate beats anything VR has done haha..

Why do Axl fans have to hate Slash and VR? Or conversely Slash people hate Axl? They are both musical geniuses in their own right.
    Its so played out, this feud, I get tired of that sh*t.
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    eden wrote:
    Why do Axl fans have to hate Slash and VR? Or conversely Slash people hate Axl? They are both musical geniuses in their own right.

Axl's fans don't hate slash? Every GN'R thread it's the same crap - it's not GN'R without Slash, now that shit is tiring.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    :eek: You really have to listen to:

- Deep Purple in Rock (1970)
    - Machine Head (1972)
    - Made in Japan [Live] (1972)

If you don't like these albums, then you don't have to listen to the rest. ;)

Ok i would listen to these as you rate them but i don't have them, maybe i will see if i can get a hold of a copy :) Never beat GN'R tho ;)
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Ok i would listen to these as you rate them but i don't have them, maybe i will see if i can get a hold of a copy :) Never beat GN'R tho ;)

You can find them on the internet.

But let's go back to GnR. I've more sources right now that the album will come out 21 November. Kerrang, Rolling Stone, Metacritic and Yahoo are confirming it.
  • Options
    last i heard the release date was some point in 1994...
  • Options
    I'm a slash person but i don't hate axl, i don't know why people waste their time with that stuff. I know axl has thrown people out of shows because the fan was wearing a slash t-shirt. I think thats childish. I've seen slash 4 times, and axl once. They are both so good. I guess i'm just a big fan of G'N R. Hell i even went to see dizzy reed solo show two years ago.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i heard axl is getting back together.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    because i like scottie, we have been to see VR twice, and now i like slash and duff
    my husband loves gnr. I'm getting tix for 11/13 tomorrow. I think axl is pretty good. I'm flexible.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:

Ha! :D

That made me lough out loud for real.
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:

16th time u used that 1. I still like Garbage on Letterman that was quite good tho
  • Options
    redsfan1 wrote:
    I'm a slash person but i don't hate axl, i don't know why people waste their time with that stuff. I know axl has thrown people out of shows because the fan was wearing a slash t-shirt. I think thats childish. I've seen slash 4 times, and axl once. They are both so good. I guess i'm just a big fan of G'N R. Hell i even went to see dizzy reed solo show two years ago.

I still love Axl, I just think he is a very selfish man and treats his fans worse than he treated his bandmates.

Still, Appetite For Destruction and UYI2 are among the top ten R&R albums of all time I think.. but Axl isnt GnR alone, it was the combo of the five of them that had an unprecedented magic all its own.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    eden wrote:
    and UYI2 are among the top ten R&R albums of all time I think...

False! For every Estranged and Civil War on UYI2, there's a Get in the Ring and a My World. Lack of consistency definitely brings that album down.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's a Finck song if i'm not wrong but i think Axl wrote the lyrics and Finck wrote the rest..

Another reason why Finck rules. The lyrics are so-so, but the music is up there with anything GNR had on AFD or any subsequent album.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. I thought GN'R were done long time ago so to have new tracks from them, that are awesome! is a bonus, the fact i got to see them live in July amazing!! And already the song "Better" alone for me has been worth the wait so yeh who cares, and if the album does come out in November as rumoured which i believe it will - great. I'd take the leaked tracks over Velvet Revolver anyday my god that band is shite

:D
    ave maria...................wouldbe strange if new(well not exactly) record is never released,what with the shows and the certain big salesit'llget.........................I was into stone temple pilots and slash but velvet revolver are shite
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    eden wrote:
    i don't hate Slash...i'm a huge fan!!! i just prefer Axl to him by many many miles.
    i'm tired of this stupid feud caused by very bored Axl haters too...
    also i just don't think VR is anything special.
    DOSW wrote:
    Another reason why Finck rules. The lyrics are so-so, but the music is up there with anything GNR had on AFD or any subsequent album.
    Finck might have written those lyrics too..but they sound pretty Axl-ish.
    all the new songs i've heard so far have a common theme which seems to be aimed at Stephanie..so that's why i think Axl might have written those lyrics.
    and yeh..Finck rules! not surprised he wrote something musically amazing like "Better"
    cool beard too..din really like his nin look haha..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    also i just don't think VR is anything special.

They certainly aren't.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    A bunch more shows are up for presale at gunsnroses.com, I picked up GA floor for Mpls.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    Axl is a wife beater and an idiot.. sorry my opinion. Any guy who hits a girl doesn't get my money.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Axl is a wife beater and an idiot.. sorry my opinion. Any guy who hits a girl doesn't get my money.
    everyone has a past where they made stupid mistakes..i lost abit of respect too when i read such things between him and Erin but hey...he was a young adult then..very sure he doesn't do such ridiculous things anymore.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    False! For every Estranged and Civil War on UYI2, there's a Get in the Ring and a My World. Lack of consistency definitely brings that album down.

Surely you are mad Sir!!

GITR is THE anthem for all testosterone driven, angry for no real reason, wish they were getting laid but arent - male GnR fans!

Also - My World is an experiment that Axl tried, a lot think it failed..I for one have always found it to be ahead of its time.

Anyway- 14 years, Estranged, NR, Civil War and even So Fine (Patience and Dont Cry deserve a nod, but they are a bit too sappy for me sometimes) are enough to make it a great album on their own merit!
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    this wife-beater shit, Ive only ever heard this online....never heard of it back in the day when I was a gnr fan........maybe he was defending himself : wife tires of him whining and screeching, thinks to herself:'who is this lil tosser with his lycra shorts and nipple piercing'......she subsequently launches full-frontal assault on poor axl............he has to take der biiiiatch out wit a lampshade.......................
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    eden wrote:
    Surely you are mad Sir!!

GITR is THE anthem for all testosterone driven, angry for no real reason, wish they were getting laid but arent - male GnR fans!

Also - My World is an experiment that Axl tried, a lot think it failed..I for one have always found it to be ahead of its time.

Anyway- 14 years, Estranged, NR, Civil War and even So Fine (Patience and Dont Cry deserve a nod, but they are a bit too sappy for me sometimes) are enough to make it a great album on their own merit!

November Rain was on UYI1.
    Patience was on Lies.

Locomotive and Pretty Tied Up are two of the greatest songs made, period.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Patience was on Lies.

Locomotive is one of my favourites of theirs, for a long time I thought the end lyrics were: Im so strange (I tended to agree), but consulting the inlay I was dissappointed to discover: Loves so strange.......
  • Options
    shouldnt the band be called Huge N' Roses, since those two names are ironic for demise of Guns N Roses.
    i still respect Axl and always look forward to hearing his music but i cant take the name Guns N Roses seriously anymore, how can a band make so many changes and still keep its original name??
  • Options
    classics definitely...Pretty Tied Up was one of the better songs played live during the Illusion tour too.
    songs like them make UYI II me fave GN'R album.

YNWA
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    this wife-beater shit, Ive only ever heard this online....never heard of it back in the day when I was a gnr fan........maybe he was defending himself : wife tires of him whining and screeching, thinks to herself:'who is this lil tosser with his lycra shorts and nipple piercing'......she subsequently launches full-frontal assault on poor axl............he has to take der biiiiatch out wit a lampshade.......................

I dont know how old you are.. but when GnR were big, it was head line news when he was abusing his wife. I didn't own a computer at that time, I remember it being in the entertainment/music section of the Calgary Herald and Vancouver Sun. Sorry.. guess I just have another opinion. He never did publicly apologize that I know of.. and to the other comment that was made about how people make mistakes when they are young.. he wasn't that young.. he was old enough to know that hitting women is not okay. I dated guys in grade 9 that never laid a hand on me and knew that it wasn't right.. so what's his excuse when he was in his 20's.
    this is just my opinion.. practicing that good ol freedom of speech thing while I still can yah know.
    not saying I dont like thier music.. because I did enjoy it back then.. but as soon as he was doing stupid shit like that.. and it wasn't just once, I would rather listen to and spend my money on greater people that have more respect for them selves and other people.
    peace and love.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    everyone has a past where they made stupid mistakes..i lost abit of respect too when i read such things between him and Erin but hey...he was a young adult then..very sure he doesn't do such ridiculous things anymore.

I imagine you are a young adult right.. have you ever hit any women or would you want to? I doubt it.. I'm hoping so anyways. And would you be friends with someone who hit thier girlfriend or wife?
    Sorry if I seem very passionate about this topic, but I was once abused very badly. Ended up in the hospital for 3 months with broken ribs, broken nose, black eyes and a broken soul.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I imagine you are a young adult right.. have you ever hit any women or would you want to? I doubt it.. I'm hoping so anyways. And would you be friends with someone who hit thier girlfriend or wife?
    Sorry if I seem very passionate about this topic, but I was once abused very badly. Ended up in the hospital for 3 months with broken ribs, broken nose, black eyes and a broken soul.

wow, that's terrible and I totally understand you, he could've had a great personality but hitting someone is not something for a mentally sane person to do
  • Options
    Patience was on Lies.

Thank you for humiliating me publically! Actually I did that myself. :(:D

Locomotive is a classic but never a fave for me.
    PTU - amazing as well
  • Options
    wow, that's terrible and I totally understand you, he could've had a great personality but hitting someone is not something for a mentally sane person to do

Oh yes, Axl abused Steph Seymour and Erin Everly, his first wife.

When Steph sued him he "countersued" claiming SHE abused him.
    Thats lost him a bit of respect.