*** Ed releases music video for Guaranteed ***

123457»

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Ahem....

Who cares about my opinions about eV's beard being gone...

But I want his wife's email address so I can tell her to keep tighter eyes on him in the mornings and to hide all the blades - including hers!

:p

*winces at Kat's frown face after her nice request of sticking the topic related to the video and its content*

But he looked good with his beard in that video!!! :D

Really, eV.... you look good in anything! :E
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Is this video any different than Jeremy? Honestly?
    "And he still gives his love, he just gives it away."
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Quite different from Jeremy...Jeremy was Pearl Jam and Guaranteed is Ed Vedder. Jeremy is a very dark very sad song, while Guaranteed is a song of liberation and freedom (but not by suicide)...Watched both back to back yesterday a couple of times and yeah, at first glace they are similar, but if you pay attention to the messages of both songs....night and day...
    be philanthropic
  • Not to rain on the parade but did anyone else find the triple-ed cheesy, and was anyone else thoroughly confused by the tiny ed silhouette at the end?
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Nice looking Eddie. Ugly as hell video.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    IamMine wrote:
    Ahem....

Who cares about my opinions about eV's beard being gone...

But I want his wife's email address so I can tell her to keep tighter eyes on him in the mornings and to hide all the blades - including hers!

:p

*winces at Kat's frown face after her nice request of sticking the topic related to the video and its content*

But he looked good with his beard in that video!!! :D

Really, eV.... you look good in anything! :E

Ok I totally am talking out of my ass here--have no clue if this is true at all, just a speculation, given my oh so busy life that I can comment on someone else's ----who doesn't even know I exist----but here goes.......

I get the impression from the little I have seen of her (and I do mean this respectively because this is not my concern--just an observation), that she is pretty quiet. I don't think she would tell him anything about what to do--he seems too strong willed for that. So I think if he wanted to use her razors, DAMN IT, he would. Pink and all. Real men aren't intimidated by those things...... (which I know is not what you meant by her razors, it was just a rambling thought that just came to my mind as I posted this......

and yes, sorry Kat to respond to the video thread about something else.

Shouldn't there be an "Eddie" thread, kind of like the old SNL skit from Adam Sandler that was called "The Denise Show" where his guests included obscure characters like "the guy that sold Denise the pizza---" or something like that? That was so funny. And we can have guests like the guy who dry cleans Eddie's driver's clothes, or The guy who knew the guy who lived in the house Eddie lives in (or condo, or apartment or whatever) like 50 years ago...
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    dvi2702 wrote:

Thanks for that!!

I love the fact that Ed plays live, that sounds sooo great! What a voice!!!

I am not so impressed with the video as some are on here. I like the stillness of it, but I dont like the way the film-parts are moving and find it has a bit of an *how do I say this rightly, ducks* beginner-with-digital-video-programms feel to it. I dont like that Ed is being doubled as well, bit too old-fashioned.

Maybe I should see it some more, but i doubt I will become less critical of it. Sorry...
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Not to rain on the parade but did anyone else find the triple-ed cheesy, and was anyone else thoroughly confused by the tiny ed silhouette at the end?

I didnt see your reply before I wrote my comment, but I agree with you totally!!
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Anyone who has I-Pets? :D Those I-pets need love and attention through music and develops a personality from there.

My daughter has an I-Dog she received from her grandma (not bad for a gramma who keeps up with technology) and she asked me to feed her i-dog with "Guaranteed" song.

The i-dog seemed to like it, too. :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Quite different from Jeremy...Jeremy was Pearl Jam and Guaranteed is Ed Vedder. Jeremy is a very dark very sad song, while Guaranteed is a song of liberation and freedom (but not by suicide)...Watched both back to back yesterday a couple of times and yeah, at first glace they are similar, but if you pay attention to the messages of both songs....night and day...

Of course the songs are different; that's obvious, but the visuals of both videos are incredibly similar. Stylistically, they could be the same video (minus EV's guitar in Guarntee and plus the in-class narrative in Jeremy). Otherwise, same exact elements: EV on stool singing, floating images from another narrative, handwritten text overlays.

I love Jeremy--one of the best lip-synch vids ever--so the formula works, but I suppose I was hoping for something new with Guarantee. Both DTE and WWS videos go in new directions and both are stunning.
  • AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    Both DTE and WWS videos go in new directions and both are stunning.

I love DTE and can't abide WWS. "World Wide" shouldn't be claustrophobic. The way this was shot was so cramped it defeated the message. I couldn't stand it.

I prefer this over WWS any day.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Alessiana wrote:
    I love DTE and can't abide WWS. "World Wide" shouldn't be claustrophobic. The way this was shot was so cramped it defeated the message. I couldn't stand it.

I prefer this over WWS any day.

Might the cramped feeling be part of the point? The collapse of geographic space into one toxic state of mind?
    Might the cramped feeling be part of the point? The collapse of geographic space into one toxic state of mind?

Yes. That's very very possible. I didn't see it that way at the time. I was thinking "world wide" and seeing small spaces, then a spinning globe. It didn't seem to work at the time.

I'll have to rewatch and see if that interpretation helps it for me. Not sure where to see it anymore though...

ps. this is why we need fans/bands archiving on youtube.

edited for missing letters.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Neither this video or WWS looked good. Life Wasted, DTS and Jeremy on the other hand looks grea.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    So, wanna bet the next Deep competition is about making our own videos (to see if we can do a better job)?

gheghe... ;)
  • Neither this video or WWS looked good. Life Wasted, DTS and Jeremy on the other hand looks grea.

The videos for DTE and Jeremy are great. The Life Wasted video is an abomination.
    I waited all day
    you waited all day
    but you left before sunset
    and I just wanted to tell you
    that the moment was beautiful
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad tv
    should have stayed for the sunset
    if not for me
    I vote for Rise next! ::waves:: Rise after this one!

Aless

Tell them.
  • Alessiana wrote:
    I vote for Rise next! ::waves:: Rise after this one!

Hey Aless! What the fuck is up with RM? I hate when I have to migrate over here.
    I waited all day
    you waited all day
    but you left before sunset
    and I just wanted to tell you
    that the moment was beautiful
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad tv
    should have stayed for the sunset
    if not for me
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Eesh. Can't say I'm a fan of the video. Seemed like the director tried to get too fancy and it ended up cliched and cheesy. 'A' for effort, though.
    BadRadio16 wrote:
    Hey Aless! What the fuck is up with RM? I hate when I have to migrate over here.

It's back up. I'm more comfortable over there too. It's a question of where you're most comfortable.

Aless

Tell them.
  • rockpants wrote:
    Eesh. Can't say I'm a fan of the video. Seemed like the director tried to get too fancy and it ended up cliched and cheesy. 'A' for effort, though.

I wouldn't disagree. The silouette thing is a little played.
    Not bad though.
  • the videos is excellent I feel so proud ,Eddie is a great artist.Congrats Ed!
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • WW GirlWW Girl Posts: 46
    Just saw this video and wow it took me to another world for a moment! Very beautifully done and the movie was spectacular as is Eddie's soundtrack. Also much congrats to Ed for the Golden Globe and we hope to see him at the Grammy's!!

Dena from Charlotte, NC
    ~10c member since 1994~
    "I know that I was born and I know that I will die, the in between is mine.  I am mine."

Chicago, IL (March 13, 1994), Milwaukee, WI (July 08, 1995), Chicago, IL (July 11, 1995), Santa Cruz, CA (November 12, 1997), Oakland, CA (November 14, 1997), Sacramento, CA (July 16, 1998), Mountain View, CA (October 31, 1999), Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000), Mountain View, CA (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, CA (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, CA (June 01, 2003), Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004), Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006), Columbia, SC (June 16, 2008), Atlanta, GA (September 22, 2012), Charlottesville, VA (October 29, 2013), Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013), Greenville, SC (April 16, 2016), Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016), SEATTLE, WA (AUGUST 10, 2018)  SHOW #20!!!, Camden, NJ (September 15, 2022).
  • paoblopaoblo Posts: 3
    I saw video. this song is not like a PJ style but is a good piece of art.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I can't remember if I posted in this thread. I saw the video again on Vh1 this am. I like it. The way the performance is shot reminds me of Jeremy a little bit.
    but I like it and I think it's a nice song, too!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!