*** Ed releases music video for Guaranteed ***

Comments

• Like it. Fits the song perfectly. What I don't like about videos is that sometimes visual effects deprive music or lyrics' meaning..but here that is not the case at all. Nice.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    dvi2702 wrote:

Couldn't see vid on the VH1 link so Thanks for posting this :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    love it!
    Don't it make you smile
  • Loved it!!!!!!!!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i dont know what to say. that is an amazing video. the movement, the three eddies at times, the last scene with him up in the corner. wow. that was like a little journey....great job.

what does the monkey mean at the start? anybody know yet?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    i dont know what to say. that is an amazing video. the movement, the three eddies at times, the last scene with him up in the corner. wow. that was like a little journey....great job.

what does the monkey mean at the start? anybody know yet?

Yes, I agree! :) Gosh, I've listened and watched it more than 20 times. :eek:

And I've got to work on a speech.... and a paper due tonight!

(man, I talked a lot about myself in this thread. what a loser...)

Anyway, to answer your question about "Monkey"

Record Label = monkeywrench

so, Monkey for short?

That's my guess....
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Available on youtube now. hope it's ok to let people know :o
    It's a good video. Nothing spectacular, simple and nice :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    Reminded me of the Jeremy video...
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Available on youtube now. hope it's ok to let people know :o
    It's a good video. Nothing spectacular, simple and nice :)

Yeah, I saw the video this morning as well. Thanks so much to the "poster"
    who told us that the video would be aired every hour on the hour this am on vh1. I saw it at 8am and had to wait through an annoying chick song but it IS worth the wait.

I noticed something that is worth mentioning.........

did anyone else think that the video purposely was putting the movie at the forefront and the song on the backburner? I thought that was a neat thing, a modest thing, a very cool Eddie thing. The songs are in no way on the backburner, I think it is a brilliant thing to have all of the people who see the Into The Wild movie (and I saw it twice and was impressed to see a very big variety of age groups), be exposed to Eddie's music when they might not be familar with it prior to the movie. Now I understand that in no way was it calculated by Eddie, because you and I both know he doesn't need nor desire the exposure----I think it was purely done because he wanted to and that was that--but further than that, as a fan (as in fanatical I am afraid
    but not crazed--I hope), I looked at it as a cool thing that so many people will think of the movie, and the music as well and possibly get turned onto to Eddie because of the connection of the two.

I remember going into this store called "the MerryGoRound" when I was a freshman in high school with my parents. It was this hippy cool jean store that cranked rock music. My Dad heard Aerosmith's Same Old Song and Dance off of Aerosmith 1 and asked the guy there what it was and then he bought it for himself. That was so cool. And although a different band that is my point---people who will buy it because of them hearing it there.

great video.........cool images. I could have seen more of Eddie, but as I said I am a fan. I understand the possible reason for the way it was done. Does anyone agree with me or can you offer me a different thought that I did not think of?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    sell out

hehe

thanx to youtube guy, your janis joplin vid is great, too
  • thanks for the link

Don't know if you were being humorous- but becoming commercially successful- on your own terms is not being a "sell out".

I agree he is spending a lot of time in CA and becoming more "mainstream", but it is also that the mainstream is becoming more "alternative".

But love the CD- I listen to it every day.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Yeah...I think Ed has been "hanging around Hollywood" much more than we think and longer than we think, but so what - and why should that even matter...it's his life...(and that sounds really nasty, which is NOT my intention).

The video is great - a lovely piece of art...and I think the movie is at the forefront because this was done to generate a little more Oscar buzz, was it not...a way for Ed to help out Sean Penn in terms of winning some more hardware...Anyway, awesome song, great vid...
    be philanthropic
  • MineMine Posts: 556
    Big Man wrote:
    sell out

hehe

thanx to youtube guy, your janis joplin vid is great, too
    No problem!

Every Janis Joplin video is great ;)
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    fantastic
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • i think its just okay. the song is amazing, but i guess the focus is on ed and the music, which is good.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    "To me, Eddie is the most compelling musical artist of our generation," explains Rocco. "His songwriting pounds you on a visceral level and his storytelling always stands apart in the same way a great film does - each time you hear his words, they engender a different experience in your heart, soul and mind."

SO TRUE!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Great to get the music out there, but the video was weak. To me the best video they've done is DTE. totally interpretive--such a better way to enhance a song.
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    dvi2702 wrote:

Thanks dvi2702. Great song, great video!

:-)
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Nice.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • risarisa Posts: 42
    ed's great...
    i waited all day.
    you waited all day..
    but you left before sunset..

...should have stayed for the sunset...
    if not for me.
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    just watched it on utube becuase i live in canada.
    Awesome. I loved it, i fucking loved it. TOO SHORT!!! lol, no i loved it.
    ED!
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Cool video, do you think it would have been better if the frames were live action of clips of the film, or would it be too distracting which is why they went with still images?

Oh and VH1 sucks for only having country (USA) specific playable videos! What a crock...this is the internet, why have restrictions on who can watch a video..it's BS..this isn't DVD where consumers must follow a Region Code. Ridiculous!
  • They are already advertising the INTO THE WILD DVD on Amazon to pre-order but do you think it's too late for them to put the video on the dvd, I hope they do!

I also hope they put the Charlie Rose interview on the 2-Disc DVD as well!
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I enjoyed it! Very simple and understated. Perfect!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    Cool video, do you think it would have been better if the frames were live action of clips of the film, or would it be too distracting which is why they went with still images?

I don't like live action clip movie videos AT ALL. They had several on this morning and the clips take you right out of the song. A clip cannot convey the essense of the film. But music, handled this way, can.

I really like this. Even on squinty you tube.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    Does everyone not realize he's not doing this video for fans, but strictly to create some buzz in hopes of winning some of the awards? This isn't the Pearl Jam we grew up with kiddos.....

Pretty sure the votes were all counted by now.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • kitkatkitkat Posts: 31
    Loved the Video!
    Lollapalooza 1992
    San Jose 1993
    Fresno 2000
    Las Vegas 2006
    Santa Cruz - E.V. 2008
  • Sorry if im repeating something that has already been discussed but this is a long thread and i dont have time to read over everything . . . .

can anyone explain why the first slide in the video says "eddie/guaranteed/monkey" - what is the deal with the last part - is it something to do with where the video was recorded?
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Sorry if im repeating something that has already been discussed but this is a long thread and i dont have time to read over everything . . . .

can anyone explain why the first slide in the video says "eddie/guaranteed/monkey" - what is the deal with the last part - is it something to do with where the video was recorded?
    I am thinking monkey is in reference to Monkeywrench.

• The video is great - a lovely piece of art...and I think the movie is at the forefront because this was done to generate a little more Oscar buzz, was it not...a way for Ed to help out Sean Penn in terms of winning some more hardware...Anyway, awesome song, great vid...
    I'm kinda getting the impression that maybe the video is a necessity when you're nominated for an award? Cos it's such a subtle video that it seems like the idea was 'well we NEED a video so lets just do this'. I thought it would have more images from the movie. I'm not overly blown away to be honest... it's just a video, nothing special about it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you