*** Ed releases music video for Guaranteed ***

Comments

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Doin us proud ed!
  • this night keeps getten better the snow is heavy and i cant get to work in the morning and now i just logged into tenclub and read this fantastic
    eddie eddie eddie !!!!
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    This is exciting as hell!

fuckin A!, this is awesome, i can't wait to see it!
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    "To me, Eddie is the most compelling musical artist of our generation," explains Rocco. "His songwriting pounds you on a visceral level and his storytelling always stands apart in the same way a great film does - each time you hear his words, they engender a different experience in your heart, soul and mind."

At least someone can understand what i feel about ed and pearl jam.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • It's cool that Eddie made a video. However, it seems a bit odd to release a video now, so long after the movie was released. I can't help but think that this video is all about "lobbying" for the awards the song has been nominated for, which is very "unEddielike."
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    OK, so we have a video now. What about getting this album pressed on vinyl? Shouldn't that have been more of a priority than doing a video that won't get much airplay?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,409
    Okay. This weekend it'll start being shown on VH1. Good. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    im stoked about this news. cool. i hope its good
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    thats cool
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Just playing Devil's Advocate here but, what about the video format being untrue to the music, or influencing personal interpretations of the song?

I seem to recall this being a stance at one time.

PBM

Kinda redundant when it's written for a movie as it stands, no?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Just playing Devil's Advocate here but, what about the video format being untrue to the music, or influencing personal interpretations of the song?

I seem to recall this being a stance at one time.

PBM

I love the way people dig things they said 16 years ago when they were in their 20's, things change for everyone.. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, or a contradiction to what they believe or not now and the key word here is NOW (not 16 years ago when things were nothing like today)..

You are entitled to your opinion but I really don't think there is anything questionable or negative to say about Ed making a vid ... but I guess people always find the way :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    So what if it is??? 15 years ago things were crazy...grungewear, retarded questions from the media like favourite food and shit u see in teeny bopper mags...awards shows telling the band they MUST play Jeremy. I think they just had enough of being controlled and hounded and the focus being on them as sex symbols and from Seattle moreso than their music.
    I think their retreat from the media was necessary for the bands survival.
    Now they are older and the grunge things is a thing of the past so the attention they seek, and will hopefully get, will be for their music and it will be a very different experience for them as they have the age and experience now to handle the attention.
    I have no problem with them becoming more mainstream as long as the music itself doesn't suffer. I think if I hear a rap or hip hop song on a PJ album I'm gone! (unless its meant as a satire) haha.

Right on Mel! I totally agree with you :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Way to go Eddie!

Keep it rolling Pearl Jam!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    awesome, i absolutely love that song. It be great if Eddie gets recognized for this album, he did a fine job
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • really jones'n for those awards aren't we ed.
  • Holy crap, I just got chills... :)
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Kat wrote:
    ED VEDDER RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO

Singer/songwriter Eddie Vedder appears for the first time as a solo artist in a music video for the Critics Choice-, Golden Globe- and Grammy-nominated song "Guaranteed" from the Sean Penn-directed motion picture Into the Wild.

The video, directed by critically-acclaimed writer/director Marc Rocco (Murder in the First and Where the Day Takes You) premieres January 7th at 6:00 a.m. EST on VH1 and VH1.com. Video repeats will air throughout the morning hours and online leading up to VH1's live telecast of the 13th Annual Critics Choice Awards at 9:00 p.m. EST.

Feature film writer/director Marc Rocco conceived, directed and produced the video for "Guaranteed" in just a few days - and shot the project entirely on 35 mm film in three hours - as a way for the typically video-shy Vedder to pay tribute to Sean Penn's film and Chris McCandless's journey. The video uses a series of floating, illuminated images from Into the Wild to capture Vedder's intimate and poetic performance, weaving striking silhouettes of Vedder with translit still frames from the film in a powerful and simple way.

"To me, Eddie is the most compelling musical artist of our generation," explains Rocco. "His songwriting pounds you on a visceral level and his storytelling always stands apart in the same way a great film does - each time you hear his words, they engender a different experience in your heart, soul and mind."

"It has been a privilege and honor to collaborate with Eddie in a medium that he so rarely visits. I hope that I've portrayed visually the song 'Guaranteed' in a way that leaves the viewer as emotionally moved as I was the first time I heard Eddie's music for Into the Wild."

To view the entire press release for this world premiere video please visit http://www.pearljam.com/press.

Hey do the members of the Ten Club get a preview for our viewing??????? just a thought.............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    time to open eddievedder.com !!
    :)
    I really like the into the wild cd, it is so good, it made me cry it made smile, it makes me happy everytime

way to go ed !
    greets
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Since I asked about closed captioning in this thread and was answered, “yes” – I’m going to post my very short dream last night.

I’ve only had a few Pearl Jam dreams over the years and every time I had one, there was always bickering between me and EV. One of us was irritated with the other one with the rest of the band just saying nothing.

Last night, there wasn’t any bickering. :D

Fans were around EV and I was there, but I don’t think it was at a show because it was a different mood setting - everyone was relaxing and calm.

Then I noticed everyone’s puzzled looks with tapping next person, directing one to tap the next person and to look at EV at the end of the room, where he was just standing against the wall. A young man standing next to me tapped me on the shoulder and said, “Eddie wants everyone to tap on the next person and to look at him – I don’t know why he just didn’t yell for everyone’s attention.” So I tapped the next person and pointed at EV, and to do the same with the next person.

EV patiently waits for people to look at him and when everyone was looking at him with confusion and curious with this odd request of his, he says he needed to teach them something. He wanted to show them how to sign "Pledge of Allegiance" in American Sign Language. Odd, I know...everyone thought so, too!

He proceeds to teach them and everyone seemed to enjoy it! He walked back and forth with people on both sides and would say, "that’s great!", "Looks great!", etc…

He paused and turned around a little bit towards me and said, "Did I do that okay?" "Yeah, you did fine!"

That’s all and I thought it was too funny not to share here with everyone. ;)

I pay close attention to my dreams, even if they are silly and I try to make sense out of them – a bit too much at times.

But it didn’t take long for me to make sense out of this. I understand now why there was always bickering in my previous dreams – I was frustrated with the access problems.

But when I was told that this new music video was going to be captioned, I was relived and happy! :D

(I had been cleaning out some old videos of people discussing different versions of "Pledge of Allegiance" in ASL, SEE (Signed Exact English), and PSE (Pidgin Signed English) – the latter two are considered as "contact" languages)…so that’s why it got into the dream!)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Cannot wait to see this video....sounds excellent!!! LOVE the soundtrack!!!!
  • where the day takes you was my favourite film for a long long time and I've seen it several times... not in a few years now but I used to absolutely love it... and nobody had ever heard of it or seen it :(

VH1 are my favourite people cos they gave me a free holiday to LA once :)

Eddie Vedder is also one of my favourite people :)

This is gonna be GREAT :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i bet this video is gonna be uplifting :rolleyes:
  • I love the way people dig things they said 16 years ago when they were in their 20's, things change for everyone.. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, or a contradiction to what they believe or not now and the key word here is NOW (not 16 years ago when things were nothing like today)..

You are entitled to your opinion but I really don't think there is anything questionable or negative to say about Ed making a vid ... but I guess people always find the way :rolleyes:

So, why take anything he says now, seriously? That's a valid question.

I'm not being negative...just asking questions.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Finally a reason to watch TV. I'll be camped out in front of Boobus Tubus on 1/7/08 .Wow, A music video release 7 days into the new year. THANKS ED !!! A post holiday gift.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • jey, jey, jey! thanks eddie! what a nice way to start the year. :)
    What about us poor saps in Canada who don't get VH1? Also, their website doesn't allow any video viewing outside of the US...Do we have to wait for YouTube? We're such a peaceful nation and this seems so unfair.... :(
    be philanthropic
    What about us poor saps in Canada who don't get VH1? Also, their website doesn't allow any video viewing outside of the US...Do we have to wait for YouTube? We're such a peaceful nation and this seems so unfair.... :(

:(

We have some great fans here who will put it up on youtube, hopefully not too long for you to wait!
    ~Q Magazine

• I posted a piece about young Ed/current Ed at Seattlest.com today...

http://seattlest.com/2008/01/04/new_music_video.php

I'll shut up now.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    So, why take anything he says now, seriously? That's a valid question.

I'm not being negative...just asking questions.

PBM

May I post a possible answer?

I think it is because there are many things that we all say that are just coming from the fact that we are a certain age or stage in our lives and then once we get older or through that phase we change. remember that when EV said a lot of things he was saying, I think that he was witnessing a lot of fan craziness when everyone was so into the whole Seattle scene and a lot of people were looking so much into the band, and certainly himself and maybe he was thinking that he needed to cut himself off to protect his sanity or privacy or whatever.

also, maybe when he was saying things like that about videos, etc. he was not in a position where he or the band had control over what they were putting out whereas now, upon getting older and wiser or coming into his career and being able to have more artistic control are/is more able to not allow anything to be put out that is not 100% satisfying to him/them.

what do you think?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    Since '91 wrote:
    I posted a piece about young Ed/current Ed at Seattlest.com today...

http://seattlest.com/2008/01/04/new_music_video.php

I'll shut up now.

I wish I hadn't read that.

You're not helping with the environment in here. :(

eV is still the same person with big heart and still has concerns for many things that need immediate attention such as environment and still has that great love and passion for music.

He still supports and is actively involved with charities and projects that he strongly believes in, though some things have changed over the course of time – as far as his line of thinking and how he perceives things. Over the 16 years, he has seen a lot of things and traveled a lot of places.

Look in his recent RS interview where he stated he made a quick judgment against one person who was doing an ad but found out that it was being done because that person needed some medical assistance for his father. He learned something that day.

Perhaps we ca learn something, too… not to make quick judgments or assumptions.

:(
    ~Q Magazine