*** Ed releases music video for Guaranteed ***

KatKat Posts: 4,849
edited January 2008 in The Porch
ED VEDDER RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO

Singer/songwriter Eddie Vedder appears for the first time as a solo artist in a music video for the Critics Choice-, Golden Globe- and Grammy-nominated song "Guaranteed" from the Sean Penn-directed motion picture Into the Wild.

The video, directed by critically-acclaimed writer/director Marc Rocco (Murder in the First and Where the Day Takes You) premieres January 7th at 6:00 a.m. EST on VH1 and VH1.com. Video repeats will air throughout the morning hours and online leading up to VH1's live telecast of the 13th Annual Critics Choice Awards at 9:00 p.m. EST.

Feature film writer/director Marc Rocco conceived, directed and produced the video for "Guaranteed" in just a few days - and shot the project entirely on 35 mm film in three hours - as a way for the typically video-shy Vedder to pay tribute to Sean Penn's film and Chris McCandless's journey. The video uses a series of floating, illuminated images from Into the Wild to capture Vedder's intimate and poetic performance, weaving striking silhouettes of Vedder with translit still frames from the film in a powerful and simple way.

"To me, Eddie is the most compelling musical artist of our generation," explains Rocco. "His songwriting pounds you on a visceral level and his storytelling always stands apart in the same way a great film does - each time you hear his words, they engender a different experience in your heart, soul and mind."

"It has been a privilege and honor to collaborate with Eddie in a medium that he so rarely visits. I hope that I've portrayed visually the song 'Guaranteed' in a way that leaves the viewer as emotionally moved as I was the first time I heard Eddie's music for Into the Wild."

To view the entire press release for this world premiere video please visit http://www.pearljam.com/press.
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• a5pja5pj Posts: 3,884
    very cool can't wait to see it!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• awesome!!!!
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    nice!
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,636
    pleasantly suprised to see how much attention his solo work is getting.

very nice.
    Nice shirt.
  • This will be sweet! I'm excited to see it!!
  • sweet, thanks kat

ps- i wonder if all this solo attention is because most people thought pearl jam was "over" so they are say, oh, really, the guy that used to be in pearl jam is making music again?
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    coooool can't wait!! :)
    wah
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Sweet!
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Awesome news!

"His songwriting pounds you on a visceral level and his storytelling always stands apart in the same way a great film does - each time you hear his words, they engender a different experience in your heart, soul and mind."

This is so true. Great words!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    yeah nice will look forward to seeing this ,but i'm hoping he and the band start to get together soon on PJ projects .....:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    sweet cant wait to see it
  • Isn't is great? I am so happy for ed! He so deserves this, he does so much for so many others that it's about time! Congratulations Eddie!
    Your the MAN!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    very exciting news, can't wait to see it!
  • daflynndaflynn Posts: 15
    Sweet.....can't wait to watch it....I can't believe how excited I am for a music video!!
  • Nice! Can't wait to see it!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Kat wrote:

"To me, Eddie is the most compelling musical artist of our generation," explains Rocco. "His songwriting pounds you on a visceral level and his storytelling always stands apart in the same way a great film does - each time you hear his words, they engender a different experience in your heart, soul and mind."

"It has been a privilege and honor to collaborate with Eddie in a medium that he so rarely visits. I hope that I've portrayed visually the song 'Guaranteed' in a way that leaves the viewer as emotionally moved as I was the first time I heard Eddie's music for Into the Wild."

nice!
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Ed's the man!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,638
    Congrats Eddie!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • my2hands wrote:
    nice!

Not just nice, BEAUTIFUL!!
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    wooHOO!!! where is it?...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• They posted it on YouTube! - http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRw0qL_cCM0
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    That's awesome. Can't wait to see it. Thanks! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    They posted it on YouTube! - http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRw0qL_cCM0

wtf?!?!..probably a good thing that video wasn't loading too well for me...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• it should be good :-)

but will it be included with the DVD when it comes out.....

I wonder.
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Most people work during that time of morning....glad I'm jobless! Can't wait to catch this video! Congrats again to Ed.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Sweet! Can't wait to see this.

I think I speak for all non Americans when I ask...can someone please please tape it and put it up somewhere for us non Americans to see??? VH1 is not one for allowing their video content to be viewed outside the US.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    Sweet! Can't wait to see this.

I think I speak for all non Americans when I ask...can someone please please tape it and put it up somewhere for us non Americans to see??? VH1 is not one for allowing their video content to be viewed outside the US.

ditto!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    can not wait!
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    ditto!
    youtube will have it.
  • Does everyone not realize he's not doing this video for fans, but strictly to create some buzz in hopes of winning some of the awards? This isn't the Pearl Jam we grew up with kiddos.....