***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Damn, like I haven't gone through enough mergers at work! Now my thread gets merged too..oh well.

Thanks to those of you who feel my pain, I appreciate your sentiments.

For the speed readers who didn't notice that I was waiting on tour date announcements and thought I should've scooped up those tickets for a 8+ hour drive, you were evidently right. However, I still don't think I'd have made that kind of drive for a show. I've done my share of 5 hour trips to make the shows in Atlanta but that's about my limit. Never been the type to quit my job and sell flowers outta the back of my vw bus to follow a band.

And finally (ah yes, you say) an apology to my fellow fans in Europe and other parts of the world who've waited so long to see PJ. While I have seen them 9 times, I've logged some mileage in doing it but you've never really even had that chance and thanks to your comments I now appreciate that. I realize that you're probably accustomed to seeing American bands less often than you'd like in general because of logistics but it doesn't make your suffering any less genuine. I have several bootlegs from the European shows and I have HEARD how much you guys rock and how much you love the band. If I had a choice of seeing them in Hawaii with U2 or seeing them at any venue in Europe, I'd pick Europe. It would be a honor to stand with you and sing my ass off! To you, I am sorry for sounding like the spoiled American that I am in my initial post.

Thanks everyone, this "disgruntled southerner" has taken enough of your time. I'll have my fingers crossed for 07 but won't be holding my breath.
  • BUMP FOR FLORIDA 2007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    bumping cuz the "other" thread was merged here.

hmmm...merged threads, eh? somebody noticed. wonder if they mentioned it to anyone else?

been outta town on the emerald coast labor day summer is over bump....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775

For the speed readers who didn't notice that I was waiting on tour date announcements and thought I should've scooped up those tickets for a 8+ hour drive, you were evidently right. However, I still don't think I'd have made that kind of drive for a show. I've done my share of 5 hour trips to make the shows in Atlanta but that's about my limit. Never been the type to quit my job and sell flowers outta the back of my vw bus to follow a band.

quote]
    Whatever dude. You could at least call my post out directly. People in your region either did one of two things. They either realized if they wanted to see a show they were going to have to deal with reality and travel.....or they sat,waited, felt betrayed, and cried about it. You act like it was a bigger deal than it really was to take a trip from NC to Washington. You take 1 day off, the day of the show. If you leave at 9am you get up to DC with plenty of time to spare before the show. You leave the show, without bailing on the encore, and you and whoever you go with split driving and try to sleep on the way home. Maybe you go in a little late to work the next day but not that late. You may drag ass but Red Bull and coffee will get you through a day of that. You go home and you crash. Its not a big deal....when you don't have a wife and kids. It really doesn't require quitting your job and selling flowers out of the back of a VW bus. If you're looking for a career change though you would do better selling herb.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:

Whatever dude. You could at least call my post out directly. People in your region either did one of two things. They either realized if they wanted to see a show they were going to have to deal with reality and travel.....or they sat,waited, felt betrayed, and cried about it.

wrong. we didn't realize we were going to have to travel a minimum 5 hour drive to a show (that's raleigh to dc. much longer for others in the southeast) until AFTER all the leg 1 and leg 2 shows were announced and then they started announcing international dates.

and all these comments about "suck it up" and "get over it" are obviously coming from people without spouses, mortgages, children, jobs, and regional obstacles. it's just not as easy as "fuck it. drive eight hours, or quit bitching." at least not in the adult real world. some people can do it. i know a couple who did....but many more simply cannot.

and now i'm sure we'll get "hey, bud, i'm 25 and i have a house and a job and a girlfriend and a dog and i drove all the way across the state..." from you. whatever, dude.

can y'all take the insults back to another thread? we're tired of them here, and they're non-productive. glad you enjoyed your shows in the northeast....

why can't you support us instead of insulting us? if they'd skipped your neck of the woods, and your closest show was an 8 hour drive or a 300 dollar plane ticket away, we'd understand on your behalf. look at the responses in this thread to the europeans.

and, for the record, before i had kids and a mortgage and bigger obligations as i do now, i FLEW ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO SEE THEM. it was 3 years before i saw a show i didn't have to fly to, and it was a 5 and a half hour drive. but that was 8 to 13 years ago....just can't do it anymore. oh, i mean, i could, i guess. i could just say "fuck you, get over it, quit bitching" to my wife, my four year old, my mortgage company, and the company i've been working for for the last 8 years....

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    BUMP.

I would like to see my first ever Pearl Jam show soon. Please play FLORIDA! (and the rest of the South).

I feel like a South American. Oh... wait!... I AM a South American! :D

ha-ha-HA!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • bumping cuz I now <3 Dangerboy.
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    A nightcap bump in the night.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • bump....

will Pearl Jam ever notice this petition?
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    RodrigoDu wrote:
    bump....

will Pearl Jam ever notice this petition?

We are really hoping that Kat or Sea let Eddie know that this thread is eating up a ton of bandwidth..:)

So get your arses down south!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • culot4 wrote:

quote]
    Whatever dude. You could at least call my post out directly. People in your region either did one of two things. They either realized if they wanted to see a show they were going to have to deal with reality and travel.....or they sat,waited, felt betrayed, and cried about it. You act like it was a bigger deal than it really was to take a trip from NC to Washington. You take 1 day off, the day of the show. If you leave at 9am you get up to DC with plenty of time to spare before the show. You leave the show, without bailing on the encore, and you and whoever you go with split driving and try to sleep on the way home. Maybe you go in a little late to work the next day but not that late. You may drag ass but Red Bull and coffee will get you through a day of that. You go home and you crash. Its not a big deal....when you don't have a wife and kids. It really doesn't require quitting your job and selling flowers out of the back of a VW bus. If you're looking for a career change though you would do better selling herb.

Yes, you and your alternate reality were called out, guess the VW bus helped you out there. Seems that I made it pretty clear though that I and many others expected, with good reason, for tour dates in our area to be announced. By the time we realized that we were being ignored it was a bit late to get decent tickets and arrange to head to DC or elsewhere. By the way, I would have tried like hell to make the trip to see the show if I'd had any idea it was my only alternative even though I DO have a wife and kids.

Meanwhile I truly hope that you enjoyed YOUR show and I hope you'll come to find a better understanding of those of us that are bitching. Otherwise I can only hope that the light that Jerry has you seeing is a train exiting a tunnel in your direction.
    dangerboy wrote:
    culot4 wrote:

wrong. we didn't realize we were going to have to travel a minimum 5 hour drive to a show (that's raleigh to dc. much longer for others in the southeast) until AFTER all the leg 1 and leg 2 shows were announced and then they started announcing international dates.

and all these comments about "suck it up" and "get over it" are obviously coming from people without spouses, mortgages, children, jobs, and regional obstacles. it's just not as easy as "fuck it. drive eight hours, or quit bitching." at least not in the adult real world. some people can do it. i know a couple who did....but many more simply cannot.

and now i'm sure we'll get "hey, bud, i'm 25 and i have a house and a job and a girlfriend and a dog and i drove all the way across the state..." from you. whatever, dude.

can y'all take the insults back to another thread? we're tired of them here, and they're non-productive. glad you enjoyed your shows in the northeast....

why can't you support us instead of insulting us? if they'd skipped your neck of the woods, and your closest show was an 8 hour drive or a 300 dollar plane ticket away, we'd understand on your behalf. look at the responses in this thread to the europeans.

and, for the record, before i had kids and a mortgage and bigger obligations as i do now, i FLEW ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO SEE THEM. it was 3 years before i saw a show i didn't have to fly to, and it was a 5 and a half hour drive. but that was 8 to 13 years ago....just can't do it anymore. oh, i mean, i could, i guess. i could just say "fuck you, get over it, quit bitching" to my wife, my four year old, my mortgage company, and the company i've been working for for the last 8 years....

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!

I wanted to say something too, but after your post, it pretty much sums it all up.

One more bump in the night!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    culot4 wrote:

I would have tried like hell to make the trip to see the show if I'd had any idea it was my only alternative even though I DO have a wife and kids.
    Doesn't sound like you were "trying like hell", sounds like you're just an inconsistent flip flopper.....enjoy your wait.

I still don't think I'd have made that kind of drive for a show. I've done my share of 5 hour trips to make the shows in Atlanta but that's about my limit.

Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    A bump because the D.C. show was the week of finals.........as in college.....so despite being close to the south and being a city that I would visit, I could not go...........yes sir, some people have a life beyond being a tour rat. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good morning bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    good morning!

get your ass back up to the top where everyone can cya!

i wish, i wish, i wish, i wish, i guess it never ends..............
    bumping cuz I now <3 Dangerboy.

huh-huh...hey, baby...come to butthead....uh-huh-huh....

a bump for the southern belles....and another quote....

baby, you got me hotter'n georgia asphalt....

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Big Fat Bump because I've been out of communication for the past 4 days.......

what's this about merged threads? I read back a page or so but didn't see any explanation.

As to us southerners not going wherever we needed to in order to see the band, I DID. I actually flew out to Vegas and a couple weeks later flew out to Seattle and drove to the Gorge. BUT I STILL WANT THEM TO PLAY THE SOUTH SO I CAN DO A ROAD TRIP AND SEE THEM SEVERAL TIMES IN A WEEK OR SO LIKE THE FOLKS IN THE NE AND WEST COAST DID...... and I would like to have the opportunity to go to some shows with my buds - the ones who didn't have a couple grand to spend on plane fares and hotels and rental cars. Maybe I'm spoiled, but that's what I'd like to do. I'd also like all the other folks IN THE SOUTH to have the opportunity to see them without having to spend a couple grand.

SO BUMP AGAIN!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Bump............bump.............bump................bump...............bump
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    weenie wrote:
    Big Fat Bump because I've been out of communication for the past 4 days.......

what's this about merged threads? I read back a page or so but didn't see any explanation.

As to us southerners not going wherever we needed to in order to see the band, I DID. I actually flew out to Vegas and a couple weeks later flew out to Seattle and drove to the Gorge. BUT I STILL WANT THEM TO PLAY THE SOUTH SO I CAN DO A ROAD TRIP AND SEE THEM SEVERAL TIMES IN A WEEK OR SO LIKE THE FOLKS IN THE NE AND WEST COAST DID...... and I would like to have the opportunity to go to some shows with my buds - the ones who didn't have a couple grand to spend on plane fares and hotels and rental cars. Maybe I'm spoiled, but that's what I'd like to do. I'd also like all the other folks IN THE SOUTH to have the opportunity to see them without having to spend a couple grand.

SO BUMP AGAIN!!!!

thread merge was (i believe...i just caught up last night...) a "disgruntled southerner" thread started by ncwhateverman...his first post is on page 168 or so....

dangerboy wrote:
    thread merge was (i believe...i just caught up last night...) a "disgruntled southerner" thread started by ncwhateverman...his first post is on page 168 or so....
    Try Post # 2548........page 170.
  • tybird wrote:
    Try Post # 2548........page 170.

ummm...there's only 66 pages ;)
    Got to stay ahead of the South American thread............
    ummm...there's only 66 pages ;)

er, there's 175 ;)

• bumping cuz I feel like bumping!

Oh, and the posts that seem a little out of plce...those are the merged ones :) Depends on your settings as to what page they are on.
  • bump for Pearl Jam in Raleigh (or Durham, or Charlotte)
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump because i'm bored
    Dollpartz wrote:
    bump because i'm bored
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!! SOONER THAN LATER...........please
  • yes! play the south.

what is with all these people getting mad at the south for wanting to see the same band they obsess over? thats really weird. hell, i want them to play the south because then i'm traveling, sucka :D
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Please Play Florida for Pearl Juli's sake.So she can see her first ever Pearl Jam show!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012