***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    just two hours to go and i'm off work!

stoppin by to give this thing a bump

hey BeBe, still planning that thing for early October?
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Hey.............it wouldn't be great if Pearl Jam hit some Southern U.S. cities in support of their current album............debate & discuss
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    Hey.............it wouldn't be great if Pearl Jam hit some Southern U.S. cities in support of their current album............debate & discuss

i don't know....ticket sales were kinda awesome here last tour. some of the best boots came out of the southern shows....

i'm guessing they're going to do some norhteast stuff first. maybe new zealand....heck, south america hasn't had them in forever! and it's been a while since they were in europe, too, so we can't be greedy. after all, they did play ONE show south of dc in the last 3 years....we should spread the jam! play south america and europe first!! then, of course, after some australia late in the year, and probably hawaii and a couple of shows in seattle, maybe a nice winter tour of the south while trying out the new hometown preference seniority thing would be a fitting cap to a world tour!
    2007 is only 6 months away! what's 3 and a half years when you've already waited 3? no biggie. they've done all kinds of free shows, tv shows, fan club email ticket opportunities, 9 shows within a couple of hundred miles of each other, 3 shows in a row in southern cities and all that for us faithful southerners, we should hope that other pearl jam fans who couldn't afford to travel down here to dixie to be able to get some shows close to them!

i mean, they wouldn't just screw us, would they?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    2007 is only 6 months away!

Its wonderfull when you think of it in the context of us having a show down here in 2007! It makes you go "Gee I cant wait till 2007 so I can get me some Jam on down here". Kinda gives you the warm fuzzies. Then you start thinking. While there will most definately be a 2007 (barring some sort of global Armageddon) there may not be a PJ in The South in 2007 either. The fuzzies aren't quite as warm when you think about it that way.
    But you have to remain faithfull, right.
    Brian
    I hear that there is no Pearl Jam love for the Nordic countries either...........Please play the South.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRI wrote:
    Its wonderfull when you think of it in the context of us having a show down here in 2007! It makes you go "Gee I cant wait till 2007 so I can get me some Jam on down here". Kinda gives you the warm fuzzies. Then you start thinking. While there will most definately be a 2007 (barring some sort of global Armageddon) there may not be a PJ in The South in 2007 either. The fuzzies aren't quite as warm when you think about it that way.
    But you have to remain faithfull, right.

Yeah, I hate to be Debbie Downer. But, I don't think they'll be coming here. Wah, wah waaaaaaahhhh!

But, there's always hope.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
    lance_gray wrote:
    Yeah, I hate to be Debbie Downer. But, I don't think they'll be coming here. Wah, wah waaaaaaahhhh!

But, there's always hope.
    Hope.............there's always hope. Please play the South.
  • I love PJ and I have since 91 but them skipping the whole south without an explanation or anything has me a bit upset. I've seen them both in Tampa and West Palm Beach every time they've come to Florida since the Yield tour in 97/98. Before that PJ tickets were non-existent. So I haven't listened to any of their live shows since they started this last tour. I don't know why, I guess I'm upset and it only reminds me of how they gave the whole southern part of the US the proverbial shaft.

Maybe I'm being a baby but I don't care - it just sucks. Of course all will be forgiven if they announce a southern tour or at the very least give us an explanation as to why they won't come down here. :(
  • Amost 3000 replies can we PLEASE get a hint, a yes, a no, a maybe in 2007? How about ANYTHING,SOMETHING,HOLY CRAP PLEASE!!!!!! Im having a heart attack here
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    I'm calling it another day....bump and goodnite
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    A bump in the night!!
    Yes, Doll! We are probably going to meet up for dinner somewhere where we can talk or something..Still wanting to do an all night deal, but I have no ideas yet..on where..i am going to try to call up some ppl here and see what we can come up with before my work gets so busy for the holiday season.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    LBCSublime wrote:
    I love PJ and I have since 91 but them skipping the whole south without an explanation or anything has me a bit upset. I've seen them both in Tampa and West Palm Beach every time they've come to Florida since the Yield tour in 97/98. Before that PJ tickets were non-existent. So I haven't listened to any of their live shows since they started this last tour. I don't know why, I guess I'm upset and it only reminds me of how they gave the whole southern part of the US the proverbial shaft.

Maybe I'm being a baby but I don't care - it just sucks. Of course all will be forgiven if they announce a southern tour or at the very least give us an explanation as to why they won't come down here. :(

well they did kinda explain it. Stone mentioned how the southern shows don't sell as well and it is harder for them to tour down here due to the large cities being so spread out which makes sense. I'm staying positive for 07
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    NO spending the night on the second page.........Please Play the South
  • Hey Dangerboy I Love your signature! It says it all in a simple consice statement!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    This thread and the first page..............We Belong Together!
    Brian
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    good morning bump we are still waiting.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    BeBe wrote:
    A bump in the night!!
    Yes, Doll! We are probably going to meet up for dinner somewhere where we can talk or something..Still wanting to do an all night deal, but I have no ideas yet..on where..i am going to try to call up some ppl here and see what we can come up with before my work gets so busy for the holiday season.
    EvenFlow is playing in Jacksonville on Friday Oct 27th.And bump for this morning.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    The South American thread is gaining on us...........we need support, people.......Please Play the South (U.S.)
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Still no effing DSL service at home, so I'm going to have to BUMP tons of times today in advance of my bumpless weekend. Here goes number 1:
    PLAY THE SOUTH......PLEASE!!!!
    WORD!........PLEASE!!!

And happy Friday to all fellow jammers - ESPECIALLY those on this thread....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Come on Pearl jam... You guys NEED to play the South..... and by the way WE most defenitely NEED you to play down here
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • Bumping cuz I woke up with a cold :(
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    BUMP FOR THE SOUTH!!! :D

Notsoelderlywoman, hope you get well soon! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • alabamaalabama Posts: 101
    Bump it up for the South!!!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Bumping cuz I woke up with a cold :(

It's probably the damn SMOG in this city....... I feel like I'm getting bronchitis. When you drive in to the center of town in the morning it's really depressing to see that shit hanging there. Hope you feel better....

And here's a BUMP for Pearl Jam coming South and making us ALL FEEL BETTER!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    It's probably the damn SMOG in this city....... I feel like I'm getting bronchitis. When you drive in to the center of town in the morning it's really depressing to see that shit hanging there. Hope you feel better....

And here's a BUMP for Pearl Jam coming South and making us ALL FEEL BETTER!!!
    Look at Atlanta trying to take the Southern pollution crown from Birmingham..........you can have it. :)

Please Play the South.
  • Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    My first post and I figured this is the best spot for it.

All of the shows I have seen have always been played in the south.

West Palm on the Yield tour was my first and made me a fan for life. Tampa during the Binaural tour was amazing. Lexington for Riot Act. (Eddie nodding at my sign requesting SMILE before they launched into it during the encore) That was tops for me!!

Let the memories continue....

Winter/Spring 2007 --- BRING IT TO THE SOUTH!!
    midday bump for the cause!

sunny breezy and beautiful in central florida today, come on guys, you know you want to come back here!!!

can't you see how much we love you???!!!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    wahine wrote:
    Hey Dangerboy I Love your signature! It says it all in a simple consice statement!

thank you! i was actually inspired to change it by this thread....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    this is a "my pj funds for the next tour in the south are really piling up, im gonna be able to afford every show" BUMP!